Have you ever faced any sort of error in QuickBooks? Well, QuickBooks accounting software is loaded with codes and algorithms, which is why it is prone to certain technical errors. One such error is QuickBooks update error code 30159. Talking about this particular error, it is usually seen due to incorrect file setup in the windows operating system. Not only this, but such an error can also be faced due to corrupted windows and other windows compatible program files. Bumping into this particular error is pretty common, whereas users might often find this to be a bit difficult to handle.
This error can be triggered due to a handful of factors, which we have tried to elaborate in this piece of writing. So, we would suggest you to stay glued to this article till the end. Also, you can take immediate help from our technical group, in case you don’t want to invest your time in fixing QuickBooks error code 30159.
Read this Also: Fixation of QuickBooks Already Has a Company File Open Error
Brief into QuickBooks error code 30159
QuickBooks error code 30159 is usually seen on the computer screen with a warning message stating as:
ERROR 30159 – Unable to load account for PSID null : Entitlement is Enabled, but Entitlement Unit is deactivated.
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
This is basically a payroll error, which is caused as a result of improper file setup in the operating system or when a user try to add an existing payroll subscription in their QuickBooks payroll account. This error may also triggered due to misconfigured system files in the window. In simple words this error is seen when you are running windows compatible programs. There can be different causes and rectification methods to this particular error, which we will be discussing later in this piece of writing. Thus, make sure to stick around till the end.
How QuickBooks payroll error 30159 affects the system?
The signs and symptoms of this particular error are as follows:
- In case the active program crashes when the error appears on the screen.
- If the system performance become slow and sluggish.
- If the system frequently crashes with the same error running the same program again and again.
- The simplest sign of this error can be if the error message and code itself appears on the screen.
Possible reasons for the QuickBooks error 30159
- Might be your payroll subscription is inactive.
- There are more than one active payroll agreement with an inactive Direct Deposit agreement.
- Damaged QuickBooks Desktop file: paysub.ini.
- Incorrect Employer Identification Number (EIN) in the company file.
- Data damage
- Your product is not updated to latest.
- Incorrect PSID in the company file or Incorrect Service Key.
- The version of your QuickBooks Desktop you are using doesn’t support Windows version that you are using.
- The status of the payroll subscription in the QuickBooks Desktop Service Keys screen appears as “Invalid number or EIN.“
Causes with rectification methods to fix QuickBooks payroll error 30159
Now that you are well versed with the QuickBooks error code 30159 related aspects, it is the right time to start with the rectification processes according to their respective causes. Let us dig in deep and explore the rectification methods one by one:
Cause 1: Windows registration files may be corrupted
Fixation Steps: Make use of windows file checker
- Under this method, you are supposed to login as system admin.
- Furthermore, hit the windows Start tab.
- Later on, press Windows + R keys tab to open the run box.
- Moreover type in CMD and hit enter tab.
- You will then see a black screen on the desktop.
- Herein, type sfc/scannow and also hit enter key.
- This process might take some time to complete.
- Once the process is complete, it is suggested to pay heed to the on-screen prompts and restore the corruptions issues of the system files.
Cause 2: Misconfiguration of windows file on the system
Fixation Steps: Carry out disk clean up in windows
- Herein, you are supposed to first eliminate the temporary files by pressing Start tab and typing disk cleanup and tapping onto the enter bar.
- Later select the drive in which users will have to free the space. And click on OK tab.
- Select and eliminate the all unwanted files and hit OK button.
- After that select clean up system files in disk cleanup.
- Along with that, choose the file types and hit OK tab.
- The above steps would remove all the unimportant files from the system and create some space.
You might also see: Steps to Turn on Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks Enterprise
Cause 3: Any virus or malware attack
Fixation Steps: Perform a QuickBooks error scanning
- In this method, you should first download the QuickBooks payroll error utility.
- Followed by installing the program.
- Further, you should click on the scan and start with the scanning process.
- Later on, you should just select the QB errors after the process of scanning comes to an end.
- By the end, you are supposed to reboot the system.
Cause 4: There might be an Inactive EIN status
Fixation Steps: Adding EIN to the company file
- This process starts with logging into the QuickBooks software.
- Furthermore, tap on the select payrolls option.
- The next step is to select use my existing payrolls service.
- Now, a new window named as account maintenance might appear on the screen.
- Along with that you will have to click on the add file option.
- Later on, mark the radio tab against the add EIN number tab.
- Whereas, if the radio tab is disabled, it will indicate that you have already appropriately subscribed to the EIN number for the company.
- Tap on the next tab
- And review all the information.
- Finally come back to QuickBooks.
See this Also: How to restore backup for QuickBooks company files?
Cause 5: Outdated windows version
Fixation Steps: Install your windows updates
- In this particular process, you should first click on the Start tab.
- Furthermore, type update in the search bar and hit enter tab.
- Now the system itself will check for updates if any.
- In case any updates are detected, it is suggested to install all of them.
- End the process by reboot the system and saving the changes.
Miscellaneous solutions for QuickBooks payroll error 30159
In case your cause behind the error doesn’t fall in the above categories, then you can check out the miscellaneous solutions and try fixing the error.
Process 1: Use system restore in Windows
- Herein, you should open computer and press Windows tab.
- Type in system restore on the search bar.
- And click on the system restore tab.
- Furthermore, users should fill up the system admin password.
- And also pay heed to the onscreen prompts carefully.
- After all the commands are followed successfully, restart the system.
Process 2: Manually updating the system
- Under this process, you will have to start off with opening the system and logging in as system admin.
- Further click on start tab.
- And move to the all programs option, followed by clicking on the restore option.
- Later, open a new window and choose restore my computer tab and clicking on next.
- Moving ahead, you need to select the most recent system restore point and click on next tab.
- Hit a click on the confirmation window.
- And reboot the system once again.
- Furthermore, download and install QuickBooks file repair tool.
- Along with that click on scan tab.
- Hit a click on the fix error option.
- Complete the process by rebooting the system.
Process 3: Edit and re-enter your payroll service key
- Firstly, Go to Employees menu.
- After that choose My Payroll Service opt.
- Now hit a click on Manage Service Key and hit a click on Account/Billing Information.
- Find and choose your payroll service key and choose Remove option.
- Next step is to hit a click on Add.
- Now enter your active payroll service key and then choose Finish opt.
- Lastly, hit a click on OK tab.
Also read it: Fix Login Problems of QuickBooks Online on Chrome
QuickBooks error code 30159 mainly occurs on the windows and other windows compatible program. Tackling this error becomes super easy, once the above stated set of steps are implemented properly. Despite that, if the error continues to create any sort of nuisance, then it is highly recommended to reach out to a QuickBooks payroll support team of professionals and let them take over the situation. One can consult our U.S. based accounting professionals for any further assistance using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Other helpful articles: