Get to know all about the fixation of Error 80029c4a when opening QuickBooks desktop
Over the past years, QuickBooks has gained immense popularity, especially amongst medium and small sized businesses. In fact, it is considered one of the best accounting software available, as it has made business and accounting operations a lot easier. This application manages the invoices, finances, billing for the organizations and more, making it a very reliable software.
Even though it is a very powerful software known for its amazing features, it is not immune to error. Technical occurrences or human action often lead to error messages popping up on the user’s screen, which stalls the business operations. At times, the users can easily fix them by following the error guides available on the internet or the inbuilt feature in the software often fixes the errors too. But if the error is complex, they need to seek assistance from QuickBooks experts. A very common error faced by the users is QuickBooks error 80029c4a, which occurs while launching the application. The below listed can be the error messages as pops-up on the desktop screen, when error 80029c4a occurs:
“Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with company file.“
“Error Code: 80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
After this the users have to click on the OK button post which they get another error message which says:
“QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”
If you wish to unleash various other facts to the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a, then stay connected to the blog post and continue to read it. Or you can save your time and efforts by contacting our experts and certified professionals. At times, it happen that tackling an error becomes a daunting task, this is when our QuickBooks Enterprise support team will be there to rescue you. Our experts and certified professionals will fix this issue for you in the least possible time.
You may also read: Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 6010, 100
What is QuickBooks error code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks error 80029c4a: Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library (DLL), is one of the most common errors reported by the QB users in the recent times. QuickBooks DLL files permit multiple programs to share the same functionality. Thus, DLL errors are pretty common while the system or the program is being set up or while using a specific with any program. this error code might freeze the system, which can be much annoying for the users. QB DLL is considered to be the main reason of this error. But there are other reasons as well behind the issue with QuickBooks DLL. Let us check out the other relevant causes of the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
There might be various reasons behind to occurring this error. Few are as:
- Few of the QuickBooks desktop system files could be corrupted or they cannot be found
- The QuickBooks application download might be corrupted or it was not correctly installed
- There can be a corrupted Windows registry entry from a recent QuickBooks related software modification like install or uninstall
- Another reason can be that virus or malware might have corrupted the Windows file system or any of the QB related program files
- Another program might have been maliciously or by mistake deleted QuickBooks related files
- If the antivirus defender has incorrectly marked a QB desktop file as being infected with trojans
- In case the QuickBooks components doesn’t start properly or the DLL files are missing
- Another common reason can be if the error itself takes place while windows startup or shutdown, or during installation of windows operating system
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 80029c4a
To identify the error, the user can check out the below signs and symptoms:
- The user can identify the error, in case the active program window crashes.
- Or, if the error code itself appears on the screen.
- System runs slowly or sluggishly responds to keyboard inputs
- System freezes frequently
- The error code 80029c4a appears throughout during the program installation
Solutions to QuickBooks error 80029c4a (Update Methods)
We have created the following Infographic image to make you better understand about QuickBooks Error code 80029c4a and it’s quick troubleshooting methods.
In order to get rid of the QuickBooks error 80029c4a follow the below mentioned solutions.
Solution 1: Restart your computer
In case, you are in the habit of rarely rebooting your system and instead put it to ‘sleep’ then this might help. Rebooting actually helps in cleaning out the memory issues and gives your installed applications a fresh start.
Read this also: How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solution 2: Update your QuickBooks desktop
During the life of the software, Intuit keeps on providing free QuickBooks updates which can be installed automatically or can be done at your convenient time. The updates generally fix the application problems by fixing the internal issues and bugs which you might not be aware of. However, it is suggested that the updating of the QuickBooks software should be done carefully, especially if you are using network systems. It has been noticed that in such situations when you are updating the application, you might end up initiating a forced update for all the users as all systems present on the network will be using the same version of the software. Avoid updating during working hours as it might cause unnecessary delays.
Steps to update QuickBooks software to the latest release:
- Move to the file menu, and then click on the close company or logoff.
- After that, the user needs to click on the file, then hit Exit.
- Ensure that you are using the system as Admin.
- Verify that there is no company file open on the system.
- Now, move to the help menu option and then select Update QuickBooks option.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select options.
- Followed by selecting Mark all option and then hit Save button.
- The next step is to click on Update now.
- After that, click on reset update and then hit get updates option.
- Once the update process comes to an end, the user will see a pop up stating update successful.
- Then, press Alt + F4 keys or Esc and close the QuickBooks software.
- Also, open the QuickBooks desktop.
- Hit Yes.
- And lastly, reboot the system.
Solution 3: Run ‘reboot.bat’ file
In the installation directory a small batch file called reboot.bat is saved, when QuickBooks is installed. You will always be able to find this file, regardless of whatever version of the application you use. This batch file is responsible for resetting all system settings that QuickBooks makes over the course of its usage. The ‘Reboot.bat’ consists of a number of command line programs that reset the Windows registry settings for all of the components that QB uses. This file is basically seen as a clean-up utility that put things in their right place if they ever get messed up.
So, before you run this file, make sure that no elements of QuickBooks is running in the background. This is applied to the network system too. For this you also need to log on to Windows as administrator to run the file. When the file has been executed it will restart the system, but if it doesn’t then you should not force to restart it.
Solution 4: Re-launch QuickBooks desktop
To put things straight, at times a simple application restart is required. This is one of the simplest ways to fix the QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
Solution 5: Reinstall your QuickBooks desktop
When nothing works, a great way to refresh the software by uninstalling it and then reinstall it. In case, you are using this application only on one computer then this will be a very smoother way out. On networked systems, you need to follow the same cautionary measures that you used while updating QuickBooks.
Follow the below mentioned steps to fix QuickBooks installation:
- First, look for a system that is not on the network.
- Now on it launch QuickBooks and find the license and product number from the About option in the menu and note the information
- After this go to the Control Panel and then go to the list of installed programs
- Search for QuickBooks in the list and then select it and then click on uninstall.
- In the uninstall dialogue box choose the option Repair and then click on Next.
If QuickBooks installation gets repaired, then it’s good, But if should you face any error, then in that case go the QuickBooks products update website and check the current release for your product and compare with the information you have gathered.
Ensure that the information matches and after that go to QuickBooks Support Download Site and then look for your QuickBooks version, download and then install it.
Solution 6: Update security software
The user is required to update the antivirus or security software to the latest release and then add the program/component exceptions. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- First of all, update the antivirus or security software to the latest version or release.
- After that add the program/component exceptions as per the user manual.
- And lastly, the user needs to re-open QuickBooks again.
Solution 7: Authenticate the Antivirus settings
At times, it might happen that the antivirus programs accidentally block QuickBooks from loading essential files. The user needs to check the area of the program that lists blocked files (sometimes called your “quarantine“). The user needs to refer to the antivirus program for how to set the permissions, or use these links if you’re a Norton or McAfee user.
In case the user spots of the programs listed below in the quarantine, then he/she will have to give permission to go through the firewall.
The point to be noted here is that most of the these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year). Also, the files with (x86) in the location, are 64- bit versions.
Solution 8: Perform a Clean install QuickBooks desktop
At times, a simple re-installation might not work in fixing the errors. Thus, it is recommended to opt for the clean install of QuickBooks desktop. The steps involved in this process is as follows:
- The user is supposed to gather all the QuickBooks product information.
- Then, download the installer for the particular version of QuickBooks.
- And then, the user will have the license number, which can be spotted on the original packaging or in the purchase confirmation email, if the software is bought digitally.
- After that, the user is expected to note down the product year and version.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Open Windows start menu, and then look for control panel and open it.
- And then, select the programs and features option or uninstall a program option.
- The next step in the process is to select the version of QuickBooks from the list.
- Followed by selecting uninstall/change and then remove options. Also, select next and carry out the on-screen prompts.
- And once you are done with all the above steps, reinstall QuickBooks desktop and you are good to go.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Connect to Remote Server Issue?
Solution 9: Running Windows system file checker
The second last method to resolve the issue can be to run the windows system file checker. The steps to be followed over here are:
- Click on Start tab and then type command in the search bar
- Press and hold the Ctrl + Shift tabs and also hit enter key
- Click Yes, when the permission dialog box appears on the screen
- Moving ahead, the user needs to enter SFC/scannow and hit enter key
- Wait till the system file checker completes the scanning for QuickBooks error code 80029c4a
- And the last step is to follow the on-screen prompts and the error would be resolved.
Solution 10: Scan the system for possible malware or virus attack
Another method that one can opt for is to scan the system for possible malware or virus attack. The steps to be followed are:
- This process involves two steps, in which the user needs to use the windows virus and threat protection for the possible virus, malware attacks
- The user can opt for an externally installed anti-virus software for spotting and resolving the possible trojan attacks
In case, the above mentioned solution doesn’t fix the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a, then you need to take help from the QuickBooks desktop support team by dialing 1-800-761-1787. Our well-trained and experienced experts are available 24/7 to listen to your problems and then provide instant solution and also share tips to avoid the errors in the future.