Learn the possible ways to resolve 502 Bad Gateway error in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has is one of the best accounting software present in the market currently. However, a fact that QuickBooks software is prone to errors can’t be denied. One of the most common browser error that affect QuickBooks is error code 502 Bad Gateway. This error code not only affects the software but also it lays negative impact on the web applications running on Google chrome. This error can be seen due to invalid response from the server or when the cache memory of the browser gets full. Well, if you are also facing any such error, then this article can be a savior for you.
Here in this blog post we are going to discuss the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 502 Bad Gateway. So, make sure to read this article till the end. Or in case you want a team of experts to fix it for you, then feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks error support team. Connect with our U.S. based team professionals right away and our experts will ensure to resolve the issue for you in no time.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks online banking error 185?
What is QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway?
Basically, QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway indicates that the HTTP status code server gets an invalid response from another server on the internet. Whenever you visit a web page, the browser itself saves some data from the page in the cache memory, in order to load it swiftly the next time the same page is visited. When this cache memory is filled, the browser fails to store any data, and this leads to error code 502 bad gateway. This error can be easily removed by clearing the cache file of the web browser. There can be various other causes as well as the fixes that would discussed later on in this article.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway
Identification of the error becomes easy, once you are thorough with the signs and symptoms of the issue. So, here are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway. Let us check out the signs, one by one:
- If you are trying to log in to the online app or updating QuickBooks to the latest version.
- In case the browser is having the viewed or downloaded forums, it can also be a symptom of the issue.
- You can end up in this sort of issue, when you try to update the QuickBooks desktop application.
Causes of error 502 Bad Gateway in QuickBooks
Now that you know the basics of the error, along with the signs and symptoms. It is very important for you to find the causes of the error 502 bad gateway. Let us check out the causes listed below:
- One of the most common causes of QuickBooks bad gateway error 502 is if you haven’t cleared the browsing history for a long period of time.
- Or in case of virus or malware attack.
- If users hasn’t added the Intuit’s website as a trusted site in the browser.
- Another cause for the same can be if the cache memory of the browser gets full.
- The QuickBooks error 502 can also be seen if the cache memory of the QuickBooks application is full.
- If the active scripting is turned off in the browser’s settings.
Rectification steps to Fix QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway
Now that you have learned the symptoms and causes of the QuickBooks error code 502, it is time to explore the rectification steps. There can be a plenty of methods to fix the issue, out of which a few of the most effective ones are listed below:
Process 1: Clear cookies and cache of the browser
In order to fix the QuickBooks error 502, the can opt for clearing cookies and cache of the browser. The steps involved in this process are different for each web browser. Below we have discussed the steps for Firefox, internet explorer, and chrome browser. We will be exploring each of the steps one by one:
- Start off with selecting the three bars present at the top.
- Go for options.
- Pick the privacy and security tab, followed by marking the cookies and site data, also the cached web content.
- Last but not the least, select clear option.
For internet explorer
- Herein, you need to launch the internet explorer and then move to the tools options.
- Hit a click on the internet options.
- Choose the delete tab in the general tab.
- Go for the box having the temporary internet files.
- End the procedure by clicking on delete option.
For Google Chrome
- For Google chrome, launch chrome and then select the three dots.
- Head to the more tools option and then selecting the clear browsing data.
- Ensure that all time has been selected in the time range list.
- Mark the cookies, other site data, cached images and files, and browsing boxes.
- Towards the end, select the clear data option.
Process 2: Clear cache of QuickBooks
Another method is to clear cache of QuickBooks, as this would resolve the issue up to certain extent. The steps involved to clear cache amount of data in this process are as follows:
- Start off with launching QuickBooks.
- Launch the application, followed by selecting the reset app data in the help tab.
- Later on, start the application.
- Verify as to whether the error is still active or not.
Process 3: Add Intuit website as trusted website in the browser’s settings
In case the above two methods didn’t work in your favor, then you can simply add intuit website as trusted website in the browser’s. Let us check out the steps involved for safari on MAC and for internet explorer.
For Safari on MAC
- Launch the safari browser and then write com in the address field.
- Hit enter key.
- Followed by selecting the bookmarks and add bookmarks option.
- Select the top sites from the add this page drop down list.
- Go for the add option.
- End the process by checking whether the error is fixed.
For internet explorer
- The internet explorer users are required to select the internet options on the tools menu.
- Select the trusted sites from the security tab.
- Write intuit.com and un-mark the server
- Click on the add option and then press the close and OK tabs.
Process 4: Verifying the settings of Active scripting in the internet explorer
Checking the settings of active scripting in the internet explorer is another option one can opt for. The steps to be performed in this process are as follows:
- First restart the browser.
- Followed by clearing the browser’s cache.
- Launch the internet explorer.
- And then, select the internet option, from the tool menu.
- Launch the security tab and then move to the internet icon.
- Once done with that, you need to choose the custom level and then hit a click on the enable active scripting option.
- The final step is to tap on OK option and end the process.
You will also have to reset the browser to its default settings. And note that this will change any customized settings that users having on the browser.
Process 5: Manually downloading the latest transactions
You can opt for manually downloading the latest transactions, in case the above methods failed. The steps involved here are as follows:
- Move to the banking menu.
- Choose the account that are to be updated.
- Hit the update tab.
If you face any duplicate entries, then it is possible that the bank sent them twice. This usually happens after a maintenance updates happens. You can exclude the transactions from the download transactions page. The steps involved are:
- Move back to the banking page.
- Tap the review tab.
- Mark the duplicate entry.
- Hit a click on the batch actions tab and then choose exclude selected.
In case any missing transactions are spotted, then they might not be posted yet.
Process 6: Accessing QuickBooks account via web browser
In case the issue continues even after carrying out the steps above, you can access QuickBooks account via web browser. The steps to be followed here are:
- Visit the official site of Intuit.
- Fill in the credentials.
- Click on the help icon.
- You will have to click on contact us.
- Followed by entering 502 gateway in the what can we help you with? field.
- Now you will then have to hit a click on let’s talk.
- Also, you can start messaging or get a call back.
Contact us for further information!
QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error can be very much annoying for you to tackle with. However, carrying out the above stated methods one by one will ensure to fix the issue without much hassle.
Do you still unable to tackle the issue? Or if any of the queries remained unanswered, then hook up with our QuickBooks online support executives is one of the best ways to get the error resolved. You can call us anytime via our support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss your issue with our certified professionals and U.S. based accounting experts, who will definitely help you in getting rid of this error.
Other popular articles: