Learn the possible ways to resolve 502 Bad Gateway error in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has is one of the best accounting software present in the market currently. However, a fact that QuickBooks software is prone to errors can’t be denied. One of the common browser errors that affect QuickBooks is error code 502 Bad Gateway. This error code not only affects the software but also it lays negative impact on the web applications running on Google chrome. This error can be seen due to invalid response from the server or when the cache memory of the browser gets full. Well, if you are also facing any such error, then this article can be a savior for you.
In today article, we are going to discuss the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks error 502 Bad Gateway. Thus, make sure to read this article till the end. Or in case you want a team of experts to fix it for you, then feel free to connect with our QuickBooks error support team. You can dial our toll-free number i.e. 1(888)291-2294, and our experts will ensure to resolve the issue for you in no time.
You may also read: How to fix QuickBooks online banking error 185?
What is QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway?
Basically, QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway indicates that the HTTP status code server gets an invalid response from another server on the internet. Whenever the user visits a web page, the browser itself saves some data from the page in the cache memory, in order to load it swiftly the next time the same page is visited. When this cache memory is filled, the browser fails to store any data, and this leads to error code 502 bad gateway. This error can be easily removed by clearing the cache file of the web browser. There can be various other causes as well as the fixes that would discussed later on in this article.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway
- If the user is trying to log in to the online app or, updating QuickBooks to the latest version
- In case the browser is having the viewed or downloaded forums
- Opening QuickBooks software
Causes of error 502 Bad Gateway
- One of the most common causes of QuickBooks bad gateway error 502 is if the user hasn’t cleared the browsing history for a long period of time
- Or in case of virus or malware attack
- If the user hasn’t added the Intuit’s website as a trusted site in the browser.
- Another cause for the same can be if the cache memory of the browser gets full.
- The error 502 can also be seen if the cache memory of the QuickBooks application is full.
- This kind of error can also occur, if the active scripting is turned off in the browser’s settings.
Rectification steps to Fix QuickBooks error 502
Now that you have learned the symptoms and causes of the error code 502, it is time to explore the rectification steps. There can be a plenty of methods to fix the issue, out of which a few of the most effective ones are listed below:
Process 1: Clear cookies and cache of the browser
- The very first step is to select the three bars present at the top
- And then select options
- The next step is to select the privacy and security tab, followed by marking the cookies and site data, also the cached web content
- Lastly, select clear option.
For internet explorer
- In this process, the user needs to launch the internet explorer and then move to the tools options
- After that, click on the internet options
- Followed by selecting the delete tab in the general tab.
- The next step is to select the box having the temporary internet files.
- And lastly, click on delete option.
For Google Chrome
- For Google chrome, the user needs to launch chrome and then select the three dots.
- Followed by moving to the more tools option and then selecting the clear browsing data.
- Once done with that, the user needs to ensure that all time has been selected in the time range list.
- The next step is to mark the cookies, other site data, cached images and files, and browsing boxes.
- And to end the process, the user needs to select the clear data option.
Process 2: Clear cache of QuickBooks
The steps involved to clear cache amount of data in this process are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to launch QuickBooks
- And then, launch the application, followed by selecting the reset app data in the help tab
- The next step in the process is to start the application
- And then verify whether the error persists.
Process 3: Add Intuit website as trusted website in the browser’s settings
For Safari on MAC
- The user needs to launch the safari browser and then write com in the address field.
- After that, hit enter key.
- Followed by selecting the bookmarks and add bookmarks option
- The next step is to select the top sites from the add this page drop down list.
- And then, select the add option
- Lastly, check whether the error is fixed.
For internet explorer
- The internet explorer users are required to select the internet options on the tools menu.
- After that, select the trusted sites from the security tab.
- And then, write intuit.com and un-mark the server
- The last step is to click on the add option and then press the close and OK tabs.
Process 4: Verifying the settings of Active scripting in the internet explorer
- In this process, the user needs to launch the internet explorer.
- And then, select the internet option, from the tool menu
- After that, the user needs to launch the security tab and then move to the internet icon
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the custom level and then click on the enable active scripting option.
- The last step is to tap on OK option and end the process.
Process 5: Manually downloading the latest transactions
The user can opt for manually downloading the latest transactions, in case the above methods failed. The steps involved here are as follows:
- The very first step is to move to the banking menu
- And then, choose the account that are to be updated
- The next step is to hit the update tab
If the user faces any duplicate entries, then it is possible that the bank sent them twice. This usually happens after a maintenance updates happens. The user can exclude the transactions from the download transactions page. The steps involved are:
- The very first step is to move back to the banking page
- And then, tap the review tab
- After that, mark the duplicate entry
- Once done with that click on the batch actions tab and then choose exclude selected
In case any missing transactions are spotted, then they might not be posted yet.
Contact us for further information!
QuickBooks error code 502 bad gateway error can be very much annoying for the users to tackle with. However, carrying out the above stated methods one by one will ensure to fix the issue without much hassle. If in case the user is unable to deal with the issue, or if any of the queries remained unanswered, then getting in touch with our QuickBooks online support executives is one of the best ways to get the error resolved.
You can call us anytime via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294, and discuss your issue with our certified professionals and experts, who will definitely help you in getting rid of the error code 502.
Other popular articles: