Learn the possible ways to resolve 502 Bad Gateway error in QuickBooks
It is quite common to encounter some technical errors in QuickBooks accounting software. One of those technical glitches, which we will be discussing in this segment is QuickBooks error code 502 Bad Gateway issue. This particular technical glitch not only impacts the software but also lays a negative impact on the web applications running on Google Chrome. You might come across to these type of issues due to invalid responses from the server or when the cache memory of the browser gets full and it exhausted.
Going through this segment will brief you with the right set of steps that you can perform to rectify the bad gateway error. On the contrary, if you aren’t in favor of performing the set of steps manually, then get on a call with our QuickBooks error support team using our dedicated support line.
You may also read: How to Export and Convert QuickBooks Online Data Files to Desktop?
What is QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway?
Basically, QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway indicates that the HTTP status code server gets an invalid response from another server on the internet. Whenever you visit a web page, the browser itself saves some data from the page in the cache memory, in order to load it swiftly the next time the same page is visited. When this cache memory is filled, the browser fails to store any data, and this leads to error code 502 bad gateway. This error can be easily removed by clearing the cache file of the web browser. There can be various other causes as well as fixes that will be discussed later on in this article.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway
Identification of the error becomes easy, once you are thorough with the signs and symptoms of the issue. So, here are the signs and symptoms of the QuickBooks error 502 bad gateway. Let us check out the signs, one by one:
- If you are trying to log in to the online app or updating QuickBooks to the latest version.
- In case the browser is having the viewed or downloaded forums, it can also be a symptom of the issue.
- You can end up with this sort of issue, when you try to update the QuickBooks desktop application.
What triggers error 502 Bad Gateway in QuickBooks?
Now that you know the basics of the error, along with the signs and symptoms. It is very important for you to find the causes of the error 502 bad gateway. Let us check out the causes listed below:
- One of the most common causes of QuickBooks bad gateway error 502 is if you haven’t cleared the browsing history for a long period of time.
- In case of a virus or malware attack.
- If users hasn’t added Intuit’s website as a trusted site in the browser.
- Another cause for the same can be if the cache memory of the browser gets full.
- If the cache memory of the QB application is full then the QuickBooks error 502 can also be seen.
- If the active scripting is turned off in the browser’s settings.
Rectification Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 502 Bad Gateway
Now that you have learned the symptoms and causes of the QuickBooks error code 502, it is time to explore the rectification steps. There can be plenty of methods to fix the issue, out of which a few of the most effective ones are listed below:
Process 1: Clear cookies and cache of the browser
In order to fix the QuickBooks error code 502, you can opt for clearing the cookies and cache of the browser. The steps involved in this process are different for each web browser. Below we have discussed the steps for Firefox, internet explorer, and Chrome browser. We will be exploring each of the steps one by one:
- Start off with selecting the 3 bars present at the top.
- After that go for Options tab and then pick the Privacy and Security tab, followed by marking the Cookies and site data, also the Cached web content.
- Lastly, select Clear option.
On Internet Explorer
- Herein, you need to launch Internet Explorer and then move to Tools options.
- And then hit a click on the Internet options.
- Now choose the Delete tab in the general tab.
- Followed by, go for the Box having the temporary internet files.
- End the procedure by clicking on Delete option.
For Google Chrome
- For Google Chrome, launch Chrome and then select the Three dots.
- Head to More Tools option and then selecting the Clear browsing data.
- Ensure that all time has been selected in the time range list.
- Mark the Cookies, other site data, cached images and files, and browsing boxes.
- Toward the end, select the Clear Data option.
Process 2: Clear cache of QuickBooks
Another method is to clear the cache in QuickBooks, as this would resolve the issue up to a certain extent. The steps involved to clear cache amount of data are as follows:
- Start off that process with launching QuickBooks.
- Followed by selecting the Reset app data in the help tab.
- Later on, Start the application.
- Verify whether the error is still active or not.
Process 3: Add Intuit website as trusted website in the browser’s settings
In case the above two methods didn’t work in your favor, then you can simply add Intuit website as a trusted website in the browser settings. Let us check out the steps involved for Safari on MAC and for Internet Explorer.
For Safari on MAC
- Launch the Safari browser and then Write com in the address field.
- Hit Enter key.
- Followed by selecting the Bookmarks and add bookmarks option.
- Select the Top sites from the Add this page drop-down list.
- Then go for Add option.
- End the process by checking whether the error is fixed.
For internet explorer
- Internet Explorer users are required to select the Internet options on the Tools menu.
- Select the Trusted sites from the security tab.
- Write intuit.com and unmark the server.
- Click on the Add option and then press the Close and OK tabs.
Process 4: Verifying the settings of Active scripting in the internet explorer
Checking the settings of active scripting in Internet Explorer is another option one can opt for. The steps to be performed in this process are as follows:
- First, restart the browser.
- Followed by clearing the browser’s cache.
- Launch Internet Explorer and select the Internet option, from the Tools menu.
- Moving ahead, open the Security tab and then move to Internet icon.
- Once done with that, you need to choose the Custom level and then hit a click on the Enable active scripting option.
- The final step is to tap on OK option and end the process.
You will also have to reset the browser to its default settings. And note that this will change any customized settings that users having on the browser.
Process 5: Manually downloading the latest transactions
You can opt for manually downloading the latest transactions, in case the above methods fail. The steps involved here are as follows:
- Move to the Banking menu.
- Choose the Account that is to be updated.
- Hit the Update tab.
If you face any duplicate entries, then it is possible that the bank sent them twice. This usually happens after a maintenance updates happens. You can exclude the transactions from the download transactions page. The steps involved are:
- Move back to the Banking page.
- Tap the Review tab and mark the Duplicate entry.
- Hit a click on the Batch actions tab and then choose to Exclude selected.
In case any missing transactions are spotted, then they might not be posted yet.
Process 6: Accessing QuickBooks account via web browser
In case the issue continues to bother you even after carrying out the steps above, then you can access your QuickBooks account via the web browser. The steps to be followed here are:
- Visit the official site of Intuit.
- Fill in the Credentials and hit a click on the Help icon.
- You will have to click on Contact us.
- Followed by entering 502 gateway in the What can we help you with?
- Now you will then have to hit a click on Let’s talk.
- Also, you can start messaging or get a callback.
Contact us for further information!
QuickBooks 502 bad gateway error can be extremely frustrating for you to deal with. However, implementing the above-stated methods one by one will ensure fixing the issue without much hassle. Are you still having trouble resolving the problem? If any of the queries remained unanswered, then hooking up with our QuickBooks online support executives is one of the best ways to get the error resolved. You can call us anytime via our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and discuss your issue with our certified professionals and U.S. based accounting experts, who will definitely help you in getting rid of this error.
This error reflects that the HTTP status code server gets an invalid response from another server.
By clearing cookies and cache, verifying the active scripting settings or downloading the latest transactions manually, the user can easily rectify this error.
Sometimes Intuit keeps the servers down for maintenance purpose, which can cause some server related issues. However, you need to regularly check the QuickBooks status page, to see if there are any known issues with the server or your program has an issue.
Other popular articles: