All that you needed to know about troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 16026:
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software used by business of different sizes. It is often said that this application has changed the face of accounting and bookkeeping. Business operations have become a lot smoother, less complicated thereby saving a lot of time, effort, and money. Every year Intuit, the creator of QuickBooks launches new updates packed with new and improved features which ensures seamless business operations. QuickBooks have many benefits but since it is just a software user do often face errors or glitches. In this article we will in detail discuss about the QuickBooks error 16026 so that you can easily resolve it own your own, or else you can always seek assistance from the support service providers.
What causes QuickBooks error 16026?
The QuickBooks error code 16026 generally occurs when you are trying to download or install the updates. This error generally occurs when the company file is corrupted. Sometimes using an older version of the application can also lead to the issue. Below are some of the possible reasons why QuickBooks error 16026 occurs.
- This issue can occur due to an incomplete or incorrect installation of the software.
- Due to the unsupported QuickBooks version.
- When you use an outdated version of the Internet Explorer.
- Poor or slow internet connection can also lead to the QuickBooks error 16026.
You might see also: Methods to fix locked file errors in QuickBooks desktop
Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 16026
Checkout the following methods in order to fix QuickBooks desktop update error code 16026:
- The very first thing to do is to launch the QuickBooks software.
- After that, go to the Financial Institution catalog and then you have to apply the steps written below.
- Firstly, you have to choose Banking and then Online Banking.
- Now, you have to go to Available Financial Institutions.
- When you see Financial Institution Directory displayed on the screen, it means that QuickBooks can access one of Intuit’s online services.
- If you can access the Internet from a Web browser or QuickBooks, then make an attempt to update all your programs.
- Now check for your Internet Explorer version by following the below mentioned steps.
- Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer.
- Now go to the Help menu and select Internet Explorer.
- Now, you are required to install the current version of Internet Explorer in case you are using a version older than 6.0.
- Once done, install the recent encryption pack of Internet Explorer if you have a version of IE later than 6.0, but the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit.
- Finally, when all the steps are cover you have to install QuickBooks again as well as the latest updates.
Resolving the QuickBooks update error 16026 is not that complicated, all you have to do is carefully follow the instructions provided. However, if you get stuck or unable to fix the issue then you are suggested to connect with QuickBooks enterprise tech support team at 1-800-761-1787. These are well trained experienced experts who are available 24/7 to provide you with all assistance pertaining to QuickBooks.