Often when working on QuickBooks accounting software, you might bump into some or the other error. In this segment, we will be talking about the QuickBooks payroll update error 12031, its causes and related quick fixes. This error is often seen at the time of trying to update the QuickBooks or when refreshing QuickBooks payroll services. You might bump into this error at the time of network timeout. It can also be seen when the firewall and other system security software are highlighted in trouble due to improper or wrong configuration. It should be noted that being a QuickBooks user, you would have to verify the configuration of the system as well the firewall.
Just in case the configuration is blocking the access or identifying the QuickBooks as a threat to the system. Get a better insight into QuickBooks error code 12031, by exploring this segment carefully. If you don’t want to troubleshoot the issue manually, then connect with us and our tech geeks will come up with the most effective solutions for you.
What instigates QuickBooks error 12031?
Typically, the error 12031 can be caused due to a couple of factors, which we have tried to mention below. Let us have a look:
- One of the basic reasons can be Internet or firewall security settings blocking the connection or pages needed for the software to download an update.
- The Internet explorer is not set as the default browser, which might stop the software functioning in a proper manner.
- You might end up in such an error, if the internet works on alternate connections and this stops proper software working and leads to an issue.
- If your server is taking too long to respond on a command, then it is probable for such an error to occur.
You may see also: Effective methods to resolve QuickBooks payroll error PS058
What measures to follow to resolve QuickBooks error 12031?
You can perform the below measures, so as to tackle out the QuickBooks error 12031. Let us check out the solutions one by one:
Process 1: Configure the settings of internet explorer
- Under this process, you should first close QuickBooks and open internet explorer.
- Go to Internet options in the tools menu.
- Further go for the security tab and choose the globe icon.
- Make sure that content advisor displays.
- Hit the OK tab if it displays disable.
- You need to now type the password and disable the content advisor.
- Go for connections tab and follow the steps below:
- Opt for never dial a connection only if when you are not using the dial up node on the system
- Furthermore, click on ok tab and choose LAN settings
- You now need to make sure that the automatically detect settings have been checked
- Check whether use a proxy server checkbox is clear
- Record the complete address and port
- Uncheck the use a proxy only if the port is port 80
- Pick OK on the LAN settings
- Go for the advanced option.
- Choose the “Restore Advanced Settings”
- In the Settings option, locate the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 option.
- Make sure that the Use TLS 1.0 is checked and Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 is unchecked.
- Now press OK tab and shut down the window.
- Close the internet explorer and restart the system.
- Finally reopen QuickBooks and try to update it.
Process 2: Issue is experienced at the time of updating Payroll
- In this particular method, you would have to launch the internet connection setup.
- Further, choose internet properties.
- Go for advanced tab.
- Make sure that the advanced settings tally.
- Hit on OK tab.
- Lastly, shut down the window.
Process 3: Error appeared at the time of updating QuickBooks
- Start off the process by launching the help tab,
- Choose the internet connection setup,
- You need to now select to use my computer internet connections settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet,
- Furthermore, update QuickBooks again
- If you are using QuickBooks 2008 and later: Choose strong help and go for update QuickBooks and also click on update,
- You need to now, select file update QuickBooks and update now for QuickBooks 2006 and older versions,
Process 4: You need to check the internet connection and firewall settings
- Initially choose reset update checkbox and get updates.
- Just in case the update is not working then check the internet connection.
- You need to now configure the firewall settings and internet security so that you will be able to get the updates.
- At last, run Microsoft windows in the safe mode and redownload.
Once you perform the above stated steps, it would be easy for you to chuck off the QuickBooks payroll error 12031. Whereas, if you want our technical support team to assist you in fixing the error, then feel free to connect with us using our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our professionals will be more than happy to help you.