QuickBooks is considered to be a phenomenal accounting software, and it successfully has marked its presence in the entire accounting arena. The only drawback of this software is the handful of errors that the users might end up in. Users might often come across various errors that might require them to update QuickBooks Desktop software for Windows. A few of the errors might lead to blocking some of the important features and functions. In case the user ends up in an error while using the software or while installing or updating it, running a repair tool is often recommended. This tool can help users in fixing the issue right away. In this segment, we will be discussing in detail the entire process to Repair QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. Thus, make sure that you read this post carefully till the end.
You can also get in touch with our support team at our toll-free 1-800-761-1787 if you are not good in technical aspects. We are a team of experts and certified professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
Methods for Fixing QuickBooks Desktop For Windows
As we said earlier, if you are facing an issue while using, installing, or at the time of updating the software, then in this case, running the repair tool is the best. QuickBooks repair tool will help you fix the software by following the steps below:
- Initially, backup the company file, in case it isn’t already.
- After that, reboot the system and ensure that there are no programs affecting the repair.
- The next step is to open the Windows start menu and also choose the control panel.
- Moving ahead, understand that if Windows 8 or 8.1 is being used, then it is recommended to look for Control Panel in the Windows start menu.
- Once done with that, choose programs and features, along with that uninstall the program.
- If you are not able to spot the programs and features, then opting for the program is recommended.
- Now, move ahead to QuickBooks from the list of programs and then choose the option to uninstall/change.
- The next step in the process is to click on continue, followed by hitting the Next tab.
- After you are done with that, click on Repair and also hit on Next.
- And then, select the Finish tab.
- In the next tab, make sure to update the software to the latest release.
- By simply moving to the QuickBooks menu and opting for help and update QuickBooks options, respectively.
- You will have to ensure in the end that you have the recent fixes and security updates.
Installing QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Repair QuickBooks
An alternate for the above method to Repair QuickBooks Desktop is to install and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. This tool helps in fixing the errors that QB users might face while installing QuickBooks desktop. The below steps would definitely work in repairing the QuickBooks desktop software:
- First of all, close all the QuickBooks-related programs.
- After that, you need to Install QuickBooks tool hub from the official Intuit website.
- Once done with that, open the program by simply double-clicking the icon.
- And then click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Now, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. It should be noted that this might take some time.
- Lastly, when the error is resolved by the tool, reboot the system.
You can read also: Best Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 12007
Steps to follow if the error is received during a repair
In certain scenarios, you might end up with this error while repairing the software. Well, in such a situation, all you have to do is to carry out the steps below:
Quick fix for “File in use” bug
At the time of fixing the QuickBooks software, you might land into the file in use error message or any related software. In such a situation, the steps below should be opted for:
- First of all, you need to hit click on the Ignore option.
- In case there is any pop-up message stating reboot, then in that case, clicking on ok to reboot is recommended.
- And then, select ignore a few times, if needed.
- Now, select close.
- After the repair process ends, make sure to restart the system.
Fixing QuickBooks error 1628
The error 1628 might come with an error message “Failed to complete script-based install”. It is usually seen if the windows service called “Windows installer” isn’t working in a proper manner. When this error is seen, You are recommended to simply look for an IT expert or a specialist from Microsoft.
How to fix issues while opening the QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Certain disruptions may be encountered by users while they employ the QuickBooks tool Hub for resolving specific issues with QuickBooks installation files or their company files. Such a situation can be quite annoying and demands immediate attention. In such a scenario, users can conform to the following:
- Initially, hit on the Run window and then type in MSConfig to start up the System configuration window. Herein, users need to opt for Selective startup mode. Upon opting for the same, restart the system and then attempt to run the QuickBooks tool hub once again to check if the tool functions without any impedance this time around.
- Users should temporarily disable the antivirus program before making use of the features offered by the Tool Hub program. Also, users should ensure that they run the tool hub as an administrator. For that, the user needs to right-click the desktop icon of the tool and then opt for the Run as administrator option.
- While using the tool in the normal startup Mode, users should close all the background applications before launching the tool.
Repairing the QuickBooks accounting software is not a task, the above-mentioned procedures are enough to fix or repair the QuickBooks desktop for Windows. However, if you face any difficulty in repairing the software or if you have any query related to the same, then in that case reaching out to our 24/7 QuickBooks desktop support professionals at our toll-free i.e., 1-800-761-1787 is recommended. We are a hub of professionals and certified professionals who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.
Other helpful topics: