Users may face peculiar errors while sending their PO through QuickBooks to the vendors. One such error appears in the form of a message stating “QuickBooks is unable to send emails due to network connection failure”. The error may persist even after conforming to variegated common troubleshooting solutions. This article shall give a detailed overview of this error, its causes and the various troubleshooting methods to get it resolved.
What are the causes behind QuickBooks unable to send emails?
Some of the possible reasons for connection error are the following:
- Windows Firewall may be obstructing QuickBooks functions.
- Incorrect internet settings may be instigating the issue.
- .ND or .TLG file may be corrupted.
- The server may be undergoing back end maintenance.
- QuickBooks installer files got damaged.
- Several QuickBooks database windows may be in use simultaneously.
You may read also: How to Add a User License to your QuickBooks Software?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails due to Network Connection Failure
This issue while sending emails in QuickBooks can be pretty annoying. However, if you thoroughly went through the various causes discussed in the section heretofore, you should have got an idea about the root causes of the error and the techniques needed to resolve them. This section discusses all the potential solutions to fix this email error in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- User needs to download QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Tool Hub.
- Upon downloading it, run the tool as an admin.
- Leverage the multifarious features of the tool and diagnose the QuickBooks program for any data and network-related issues.
- Users can use the QuickBooks Tool Hub, QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, Quick Fix My Program, and QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, including a plethora of other features to diagnose any connection-related issues and fix them instantly.
Solution 2: Configure the email preferences
User should check if the email preference is correctly configured. For that, the following steps should be performed:
- Run QuickBooks as an admin.
- Hit on the Edit tab.
- After that, click on Preferences.
- Pick the Send Forms option.
- Now, click on the My Preferences tab.
- Toggle the options in the Send e-mail option.
- Subsequently, opt for QuickBooks E-mail.
- Hit on Ok.
- Close QuickBooks after that.
- The next step is to restart Windows.
- And then, run QuickBooks as an admin.
- Try sending a test email.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6189?
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator.
- Go to the Help tab.
- Herein, click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, choose Get Updates tab.
- Make sure to checkmark Reset Updates box before commencing with the update process.
- When the updates are downloaded, close and re-open QuickBooks to let these updates get installed on the computer.
Manual Procedure to Update QuickBooks
- Navigate to the website of Intuit from the browser.
- Select the QuickBooks product and version installed on the system.
- After that, click on the Update button in order to download the update.
- Now, click on Setup Automatic Updates tab.
- Download and install the QuickBooks update.
Solution 4: Check Webmail settings
The procedure to check the settings related to the web mail preferences are:
- Run QuickBooks as an administrator (Right-click the Desktop icon, followed by clicking on Run as Administrator).
- Go to the Edit menu.
- Within the Edit menu, opt for Preferences.
- Now, choose the Send Forms option.
- Click on My Preferences and choose the email account.
- After choosing the account, hit on the Edit option.
- Herein, advance to the SMTP Server Details section.
- Enter the server name and port to the email provider settings.
Solution 5: Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- Close QuickBooks at first.
- After that, run Internet Explorer browser from the Start menu.
- Go on Tools.
- Now, head to Settings and subsequently, click on internet options.
- Go to the Programs tab.
- Click on the Set Programs option.
- Hit on Set your default programs option and choose the email service.
- After that, click on Apply.
- Hit on Ok after that.
- Close the Internet Explorer and re-run QuickBooks as an admin.
Solution 6: Clean Install QuickBooks
If none of the methods mentioned above served the purpose of fixing QuickBooks unable to send email error, then users can go for the clean install of QuickBooks. The steps for the same are:
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features and click on QuickBooks.
- Right-click on it and then hit on the Uninstall option.
- When the program is uninstalled, go to the QuickBooks folder and rename it.
- Then, get the QuickBooks Desktop program re-installed on the computer.
- Upon installing the program, register and activate QuickBooks. [Note: Use the correct license and product keys while activating and registering the product].
- When all the above steps have been complied, run QuickBooks as an admin.
- Try sending a test email and check if the email is sent successfully.
Solution 7: Try using a different email client
If you’re encountering issues when sending emails through QuickBooks because of the network connection failure problem, you can try using a different email client to send the emails. Here’s how you can do it:
- You need to open the email client of your choice (such as Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, or Yahoo Mail).
- After that compose a new email message.
- Next, enter the recipient’s email address and subject line.
- Also write your message in the body of the email.
- Now you need to attach any necessary files and send the email you want to.
Solution 8: Repair the MAPI32.dll
MAPI32.dll file is responsible for handling email messages and other functions in Microsoft Outlook. To repair this file, follow the steps:
- Initially, open the Control Panel and hit a click on Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs.
- Next, you need to find Microsoft Office or Outlook in the list of installed programs and choose it.
- After that hit a click on Change/Modify option to open the Microsoft Office setup wizard.
- Also choose the Repair option.
- Once the repair process is complete, reboot your computer.
With that, it is time to wind up this discussion wherein we threw light on the various solutions to fix QuickBooks unable to send emails due to network connection failure issue. Although the walkthrough discussed in this article should be enough to resolve the issue, if you still find yourself entangled by technical hindrances while sending emails, you may call our QuickBooks desktop error support experts anytime by giving us a call at 1-800-761-1787.
FAQ’s related to this problem
In order to set up SMTP in QuickBooks, you need to go to Edit Menu > Preferences > Send Forms > My Preferences. After that, choose the email account you want to use and enter the SMTP server details provided by your email provider.
To remove the network error message in QuickBooks, try the following steps:
1. Restart your computer and your router
2. Disable antivirus and firewall temporarily
3. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool
4. Verify and rebuild your company file
5. Check network connection and permissions.
To allow QuickBooks to send emails, the user need to navigate to Edit menu > Then click on Preferences > Also, choose Send Forms tab > Click on My Preferences. After that, choose the email account you desire to use and enter the email address and password. Now finally, the user need to choose the port and SSL settings provided by email provider.
Follow these quick steps to check your Internet connection in QuickBooks:
At first, you need to navigate to to Help menu and then click on Internet Connection Setup. After that choose “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings” option and then hit a click on Next tab.
Server connection error in QuickBooks generally occurs when there is a problem with the connection between QuickBooks and the server hosting the company file. It can be caused by network issues, firewall settings, or problems with the company file itself.
Few other posts you may like: