QuickBooks error 6250 belongs to the 62xx series of error codes encountered by QuickBooks Online users. This error comes up in the form of an error message stating as “The customer you have specified has been deleted“, this means that the customer being specified is non-existent. In this article, we will be discussing all the relevant troubleshooting measures to fix QuickBooks error message 6250. Before diving into the various resolutions to fix this error code, it is pertinent to go through the various factors that cause this error.
While performing the fixative steps, if you stumble upon any technical error, just give us a call at the QuickBooks error support helpline and allow us to make the process seamless for you.
What are the principle causes of QuickBooks error 6250?
Some of the most common causes behind this error in QuickBooks Online are given as under:
- Using an inactive customer to make transactions through QuickBooks Online may lead to this error.
- Incorrect SSL settings might also lead to QuickBooks Error 6250.
- Previous accounting operations left incomplete, followed by an abrupt shutdown of QuickBooks Online or the browser, may also incite this error code.
- Incorrect system date and time.
You may see also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 64?
Steps to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6250
Checkout these quickest steps to rectify the QuickBooks online error message 6250:
1st Step: Activating inactive customer(s)
Performing the specific set of instructions to activate the inactive customer should help you fix this error in QuickBooks online. The steps for the same are given as under:
- In the beginning, you need to log in to QuickBooks online through your default browser.
- Soon after, hit on the Sales option.
- Herein, you are required to opt for the Customers option.
- Within the Customers list, choose the option to include inactive customers.
- Now, opt for the customer of your choice to be restored.
- The customer that is inactive will show up as deleted.
- Besides the chosen customer, you are required to pick the Make Active option in order to activate this customer.
2nd Step: Correcting the Date and Time on your PC
Incorrect system date and time may also provoke QuickBooks error 6250 while working in QuickBooks Online. The steps to check and correct the same are given as under:
- Check the bottom-right corner of the taskbar and cross-check the date and time.
- If they are not matching with the present date or time, hit right-click on the date and then click on the option to Adjust Date and Time.
- Herein, make necessary adjustments to the date and time, and also choose the correct Time zone.
- Hit on Apply and finally click on Ok.
- Now, reopen your browser and get it updated to the latest version. For instance, if you are a Chrome user, then advance to the help option and then click on the option to update the browser. You can also update the browser manually.
3rd Step: Correcting the SSL settings
Incorrect SSL settings in the internet options may rectify the QuickBooks Error 6250. Proceed as follows to double-check and correct the same:
- Advance to the internet options.
- Thereafter, move to Advanced connection settings.
- Now, head to the Advanced option and then go to Security.
- Make sure that the option to Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are check-marked. If they aren’t, then mark them, and hit on the Apply button.
- Finally, click on the OK tab.
That’s all about the different ways outs to fix QuickBooks Error 6250. Technical aberrations in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are pretty common. While we try to cover most of the technical errors in QuickBooks through our troubleshooting blogs, some peculiar errors require in-depth technical proficiency. To make things easier, we have set up a 24/7 dedicated helpline, 1-800-761-1787, to resolve all your unaddressed queries and QB issues.
QuickBooks Error 6250 represents an error code that can be attributed to a technical issue with the QuickBooks company file. It typically occurs when QuickBooks is unable to open or access the company file due to corruption or damage.
Yes! Unauthorized third-party programs that are incompatible with QuickBooks potentially can provide impetus to QuickBooks Error 6250.
The various error codes in the family of QuickBooks Error 6xxx series include QB Error code 6000 77, QuickBooks Error 6000 80, QB Error code 6000 83, Error code 6000 301, Error 6123, and Error code 6129, including other errors.
More helpful topics: