Here is everything you should know about how to download and use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is a useful tool that helps QuickBooks desktop users to fix an assortment of issues related to multiple network and company file corruptions. This robust tool finds and fixes connection errors between QuickBooks, company files and the database manager. There are multiple other uses of this diagnostic tool as well such as many common networking and multi-user errors that include H series errors, 6000 series errors and others that show up while opening a company file.
This article consists of all the useful details you should know the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool. We recommend you to read it till the end to get a better understanding of it. In case you have any more queries, you can contact our QuickBooks support team. Our experts boast years of experience in QuickBooks and various other accounting software’s and can be reached round-the-clock 24X7X365.
An Overview of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Tens of thousands of QuickBooks users around the globe trust QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool for diagnosing and fixing a wide variety of complex errors that appear when multiple users try to work on a company file at the same time. This tool has the potential to troubleshoot a vast array of network and multi-user errors that are encountered when you attempt to access a QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks employs core Microsoft components. In case any of these components starts functioning, it may provide grounds for technical errors. The invaluable diagnostic tool has compatibility with a wide range of operating systems encompassing Windows 7, Vista, Win XP, including an assorted range of other operating systems as well.
Related articles: What is the use of QuickBooks auto data recovery tool?
Benefits of using QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool rolls in with some great features and benefits. Let us explore the advantages of using this connection diagnostic tool.
- This tool helps in diagnosing different QuickBooks errors that are seen at the time of installation of QuickBooks software.
- It also helps in resolving countless errors faced by the users.
- It saves a lot of time and efforts of the users, as it eases the process of resolving the errors.
- Also, it helps you to resolve unexpected errors and multi-user errors in QuickBooks desktop.
- It also fixes issues where employees make certain entries that do not get updated on QuickBooks.
Points to remember
- If you are using QuickBooks desktop 2016, you may receive reminders and prompts to use QuickBooks File Doctor. There, we recommend you to use the version of QuickBooks as mentioned in this article. The version mentioned herein is the latest and most updated as well as has the maximum probability of fixing the issue.
- File Doctor works solely for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. Wherein, QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool works for QuickBooks for Mac with the same ease.
- QBCDT offers appropriate connections between QuickBooks database server manager and the Company File for both H series errors (H202 and H505) and 6000 errors (6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 304).
- It is recommended for you to use QuickBooks 2008 or a later version on MS Windows 7, Vista or XP for the connection diagnostic tool to work properly.
- The tool can be downloaded from Intuit’s official website to fix error texts that show up while installing QB Desktop. These error texts may be related to office tools and thus termed as NetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, and others. The most popular version of the software, however it is 4.0. Many major antivirus software have scanned it and pronounced it free from viruses.
What Issues QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool fix?
Some of the most common issues that QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can fix:
- QuickBooks Database Access Denied
- Inappropriately configured Windows firewall
- Blank vendor and customer list in your accounting software
- Entries are missing from the Employees List
- Damaged/corrupted QuickBooks Company files
- Missing or compromised company files
When to run QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool?
There are certain situations, when you can make use of the connection diagnostic tool. Let us check out the situations below:
- When you run into issues related to the QuickBooks database, this database related error may show up.
- In case of errors related to Windows firewall.
- Unexpected errors in QuickBooks like those in the 6000 series.
- When any sort of virus affects the QuickBooks functions.
- The QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool can be used to fix issues, where the employees make certain entries that do not get updated on QuickBooks.
- In case of damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
- If there are multi-user errors, which usually fall in the category of H series errors in QuickBooks.
Steps to download QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
You can download the QuickBooks diagnostic tool with the help of the following stated steps:
- At first, you should hit a click on the Official download link of the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
- And then Save the file in the system.
- Once done with that, open the installer name as QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- Next, shut down the running programs in the background.
- Followed by rebooting the program and moving to the step ahead.
- Now avoid any kind of further issues and make sure you have a good Internet connection.
- Moving ahead, you are supposed to clear all the application in the background.
- Last step is to carry out the steps involved in installation.
Steps to Install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Follow the below given steps to install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool on your computer and server as well:
- Check your system to ensure there isn’t a version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool already installed.
- Download the tool from the OEM website and click on the icon twice after it appears on your desktop.
- Follow the prompts that show up on your computer screen for installation:
- Click on Next when Screen displays: “Welcome to the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool setup wizard“.
- After that click again on Next to choose Installation folder.
- Hit a click on I agree circle to accept the license agreement of the software.
- Your .NET framework must be configured properly if you use Windows 10.
- After the installation is complete, wait for the application to Open on its own.
- If the tool doesn’t open, hit a click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- After that, Move to the directory that contains the company file which is to be diagnosed.
- Avoid using the Network connectivity option, if you are using Single user mode.
- Followed by entering the Admin and password. after the message box appears on the screen.
- And then hit OK tab.
- Next process is to choose whether you are using the host system or a Workstation PC.
- The last step is to be patient as the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool might take some time to scan and fix the company file issues.
You may also read: How to Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Steps to Employ QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
In order to employ this tool, the below steps could be performed:
- The first step is to click on the QuickBooks icon.
- And then, do not open the corrupted file.
- Next, hit a click on the Utilities tab and then Repair the file option.
- Now hit a click on Network problems tab.
- And also, hit Yes on the message, to collect the personal information related to QuickBooks and it’s data.
- If any sort of message doesn’t appear on the screen, then the permission might be provided in advance.
- After that, visit the folder that have folder where you have stored the company files and then look for the one which is corrupted and then click on Open option.
- Next, hit a click on the Show advanced settings and then a list of items in a drop down will appear on the screen.
- Now choose the issue that relates with the current issue.
- Enter the QuickBooks login ID and password and then ensure to the use of right credentials.
- Finally choose the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
How to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Gain access to the QB Connection Diagnostic Tool and subsequently, follow the directions provided below.
Step 1: Check the Connection Tab
It allows you to verify the system configuration and ensures that the company file can be accessed from any PC, whether in single-user or multi-user modes. You may receive technical snags if you don’t have the required permissions or if the ports or system firewall are blocked.
Step 2: Check the status of your Firewall
This tab provides you with fundamental information pertaining to the firewall.
Step 3: Test Connectivity
This tab offers you access to examining and scanning the connectivity of your computer system.
How you can test your workstation’s connectivity
- Click on the button near the Company File field to search your company file.
- Make sure you are using a Linux system when the network setup is available in Alternate mode. You can also choose to select the Change Hosting Server checkbox.
- Every status must appear as “Not Applicable” in blue before you instigate the Connectivity test.
- Once the test is run, status should appear in green that denotes that no threats are found or red denoting threats found.
- Next, press the Test Connectivity.
- If the file open status appeared in Red, the test has failed and you would see the Advanced section showing section that was checked.
- For clarification, you can hit a click on “What do these mean?”
- After the relevant status is fixed, rerun the diagnostic tool to find out if there are any more issues.
- When you receive a message denoting the success of the process, repeat the steps mentioned above to all computers that have QuickBooks.
- Wait while the tool is doing it’s work. This diagnostic may take a while to complete and fix any possible issues. This process heavily depends on your network speed and the company file’s size.
Please note that the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool itself detects and resolves issues with .Net Framework, C++ and MSXML. You can also use Windows Updates and install the latest or missing updates related to .Net Framework, MSXML and C++. Issues appearing while opening the QuickBooks company file may also be fixed manually. You can as well install QuickBooks in Selective Startup to avoid some issues likely to occur.
Note: The most efficient version of the connection diagnostic tool is the 4.0 version, which is easily available on Intuit’s website. This is a more advanced and powerful tool to fix a wide range of QuickBooks issues.
Fixing update issues with QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool is capable of automatically identify and fix issues with the components like Microsoft .NET framework, C++, MSXML, etc.
- Updating the windows to install the missing updated related to .NET framework, C++, and MSXML
- Manually fix the issues related to Microsoft components.
- Apply Selective startup mode to install the QuickBooks.
We hope you find this post helpful. We usually posts such informative posts on our website so that you can learn to use many other QuickBooks related tools like this one. In case you have any queries or you require any assistance in regards to QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool – please feel free to contact our 24*7 QuickBooks enterprise support team using our dedicated support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Help is available 24X7.
Few other helpful articles: