Here is everything you should know about how to download and use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is immensely useful in settling multiple network and company file corruption-related issues for QB Desktop. This tool guides users in finding and fixing connection errors between QuickBooks, your company file and the database manager. Using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, you can fix many of the common networking and multi-user errors such as H series errors, 6000 series errors and others that show up while opening a company file.
There are many other facts associated with QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool, a few of which are discussed later in this post. Thus, make sure to read this post carefully, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323. We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services round the clock.
Related articles: What is the use of QuickBooks auto data recovery tool?
An overview of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool has proved to be extremely effective in diagnosing and fixing several unexplained errors that appear when multiple users try to work on a company file at the same time. The tool can be used to troubleshoot network and multi-user and many other errors while using or attempting to use a QuickBooks company file. QB desktop uses core Microsoft components and if any components missed or stops functioning, then the windows operating system might end up in errors. The connection diagnostic tool is compatible only with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with QuickBooks 2008 and later versions.
Benefits of using QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic tool
QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool rolls in with some great features and benefits. Let us explore the advantages of using this connection diagnostic tool.
- This tool helps in diagnosing different QuickBooks errors that are seen at the time of installation of QuickBooks software
- It also helps in resolving countless errors faced by the QB users
- It saves a lot of time and efforts of the users, as it eases the process of resolving the errors
- Also, it helps the user to resolve unexpected errors and multi-user errors in QuickBooks
- It also fixes issues where employees make certain entries that do not get updated on QuickBooks
Points to remember
- If you are using QuickBooks desktop 2016, you may receive reminders and prompts to use QuickBooks File Doctor. There, we recommend you to use the version of QuickBooks as mentioned in this article. The version mentioned herein is the latest and most updated as well as has the maximum probability of fixing the issue.
- QB File Doctor works solely for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. Wherein, QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool works for QuickBooks for Mac with the same ease.
- QBCDT offers appropriate connections between QuickBooks database server manager and the Company File for both H series errors (H202 and H505) and 6000 errors (6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 304).
- It’s recommended for you to use QuickBooks 2008 or a later version on MS Windows 7, Vista or XP for the connection diagnostic tool to work properly.
- The tool can be downloaded from Intuit’s official website to fix error texts that show up while installing QB Desktop. These error texts may be related to office tools and thus termed as NetDiagTool.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, and others. The most popular version of the software, however, is 4.0. Many major antivirus software have scanned it and pronounced it free from viruses.
What Issues QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool fix?
Some of the most common issues that QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool can fix:
- QuickBooks Database Access Denied
- Inappropriately configured Windows firewall
- Blank vendor and customer list in your accounting software
- Entries are missing from the Employees List
- Damaged/corrupted QuickBooks Company files
- Missing or compromised QB files
Steps to Install the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Follow the below given steps to install the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool on your computer and server as well:
- Check your system to ensure there isn’t a version of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool already installed.
- Download the tool from the OEM website and click on the icon twice after it appears on your desktop.
- Follow the prompts that show up on your computer screen for installation:
- Click on Next when Screen displays: “Welcome to the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool setup wizard“
- Click again on Next to choose Installation folder
- Hit a click on I agree circle to accept the license agreement of the software
- Your .NET framework must be configured properly if you use Windows 10.
- After the installation is complete, wait for the application to open on its own.
- If the tool doesn’t open, click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- After that, move to the directory that contains the company file which is to be diagnosed.
- Avoid using the network connectivity option, if you are using single user mode.
- Followed by entering the admin and password. after the message box appears on the screen.
- And then hit OK tab.
- The next step in the process is to select whether you are using the host system or a workstation PC.
- The last step is to be patient as the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool might take some time to scan and fix the company file issues.
Steps to Employ QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
In order to employ this tool, the below steps could be performed:
- The very first step is to click on the QuickBooks icon
- And then, do not open the corrupted file
- After that, the user needs to click on the utilities tab and then repair the file option
- The next step is to click on network problems tab
- And also, hit yes on the message, to collect the personal information related to QuickBooks and QB data
- If any sort of message doesn’t appear on the screen, then the permission might be provided in advance
- After that, the user needs to visit the folder that have the company files and then look for the one which is corrupted and then click on open option
- The user is then required to click on the show advanced settings and then a list of items in a drop down will appear on the screen
- Now, select the issue that relates with the current issue.
- And then, enter the QuickBooks login ID and password and then ensure to the use of right credentials
- The last step is to select the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool
Similar article: How to use QuickBooks component repair tool?
How to use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool?
Open the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool on your screen and follow the instructions given below.
Step 1: Diagnose Connection Tab
It lets you check the system set up and to be sure that the company file can be used from any system whether you work on single-user mode or multi-user mode. If you don’t have the proper permission or the ports or system firewall is blocked, you may receive errors.
Step 2: Firewall Status
This tab informs you about the basic instructions of the system firewall.
Step 3: Test Connectivity
This tab offers you access to examining and scanning the connectivity of your computer system.
How you can test your workstation’s connectivity
- Click on the button near the Company File field to search your company file.
- Make sure you are using a Linux system when the network setup is available in Alternate mode. You can also choose to select the Change Hosting Server checkbox.
- Every status must appear as “Not Applicable” in blue before you instigate the connectivity test.
- Once the test is run, status should appear in green that denotes that no threats are found or red denoting threats found.
- Next, press the Test Connectivity.
- If the file open status appeared in Red, the test has failed and you would see the Advanced section showing section that was checked.
- For clarification, you can click “what do these mean?”
- After the relevant status is fixed, rerun the diagnostic tool to find out if there are any more issues.
- When you receive a message denoting the success of the process, repeat the steps mentioned above to all computers that have QuickBooks.
- Wait while the tool is doing its work. This diagnostic may take a while to complete and fix any possible issues. This process heavily depends on your network speed and the company file’s size.
Please note that the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool itself detects and resolves issues with .Net Framework, C++ and MSXML. You can also use Windows Updates and install the latest or missing updates related to .Net Framework, MSXML and C++. Issues appearing while opening the QuickBooks company file may also be fixed manually. You can as well install QuickBooks in Selective Startup to avoid some issues likely to occur.
Note: The most efficient version of the connection diagnostic tool is the 4.0 version, which is easily available on Intuit’s website. This is a more advanced and powerful tool to fix a wide range of QuickBooks issues.
Few other helpful articles: