Avail of the practical steps to resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 77!
QuickBooks, as a remarkable accounting software, has marked its presence in the accounting industry for several decades, and business owners prefer to handle and operate their financial activities using this outstanding software. But, what cannot be overlooked is that the QuickBooks software shows proclivity towards certain error codes. These technical issues hinder the work progress while causing undue delays. Today we shall be discussing about this issue and how a user can rectify it.
The Error- 6000, -77 is one of the most common and critical errors in the QuickBooks software. This snag can’t be neglected, as it can cause serious impairment of your essential data. If you are another QB user who is facing the error, then this article shall be of great use to you, as this contains all the crucial information regarding QuickBooks error 6000, 77 and its fixation steps. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787 in order to resolve various types of issues in QuickBooks. Our dedicated support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services.
Check Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
When Error: 6000 77 intrudes on your favorite accounting software, you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
|Warning||We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).|
This error is often seen when the file is stored in the wrong folder. These days the standards of accounting and bookkeeping have been changed by QB- software that has transformed the way entrepreneurs carried out their accounting activities. However, technical snags similar to this error plague the system, and bring a complete halt to your operations. This error shows when you don’t possess enough permissions to gain access to any QuickBooks file. As a user, you are required to resolve this issue as soon as possible, as it might cause some serious damage to the data. Let us first go through the various factors that cause QuickBooks error 6000 77.
Factors Causing QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
There can be multiple factors causing such errors, a few of which can be as follows:
- You can encounter this error, in case you are having insufficient authorization to the server system.
- Also, if the company file is damaged or corrupted, the error is most probable to occur.
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 77 can also be seen, if the QB is not updated to the latest release.
- You can also come up with this error if the company file that you are trying to open is missing or damaged.
- If you are running an outdated QuickBooks version, then it is most probable to come up with this error.
- Also, if the company file is stored on external storage instead of being in the local drive or a network.
- In case a mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file, you could encounter with such error.
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Some of the quick, yet effective fixes for resolving this QuickBooks error are given as under:
- You can reboot the QuickBooks software with more permissions. In the majority of the situations, the error is removed after the software restarts and further work is needed.
- You can run a QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool has the ability to repair the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files. At times, the utility fails in QuickBooks file recovery and therefore fixing the error. This is for its weak and basic underlying technology.
- You are then required to move the company file to a local or network drive, in case it is previously stored on an external storage device. You need to try and open the QBW file in QuickBooks see if the error has gone or it still exists.
- In case the company file references the mapped drive, then you should change the settings and opt for the right server. To do this, you are supposed to click on the Open or restore in the File menu. And then choose to Open a company file and hit on the Network place. You are also required to hit on the Entire network and choose the server in which the company file was stored. Lastly, you need to check if the solution works, and restart the QuickBooks software.
Latest Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
To make the troubleshooting methods simpler for you, we have encapsulated the methods to resolve QuickBooks error (-6000, -77) in the following infographic. Also, you can follow the below given manual steps to fix this error on your own.
Now that you know a little bit about the error, it is the right time to carry out the fixation methods for the same. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Take the aid of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- Download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website, which will assist in resolving the data damage issues automatically.
- You need to install the QuickBooks file doctor tool properly and then run it.
- Opt for the File with the error.
- Next, enter the Username and password, if needed.
- Reboot the system after the process comes to an end.
Method 2: Copy the Company file to another location
- Open the Windows explorer and then hit the Windows + E keys and move to the C:\ drive of the system.
- Make a new folder in the C: drive and then name it QBtest123
- Open the folder where the company file is located.
- Right-click on the .Qbw file and then tap on the Copy from the drop-down list.
- You will have to Paste the file into the newly created files.
- Set Windows access permissions to share the company file.
- Follow it by opening the QuickBooks desktop and then opening the file from the new location.
Related article: How to rectify QuickBooks error 6147?
Method 3: Using UNC path filename instead of the mapped drive
you should consider using the UNC path filename rather than the mapped drive. This can gi a long way toward resolving Error code 6000 77 in QuickBooks. The steps for the same are given as under:
- Start off with right-clicking on the icon of QuickBooks and then tap and hold the Ctrl key.
- Opt for the Run as admin option from the Drop-down list.
- Follow it by tapping and holding the Ctrl key to open the No company window
- Move to the file and then choose the Open or restore the company, and also Open a company file. After that, hit on Next.
- You need to choose the Network from the left pane.
- Move to the folder location of the company file.
- The last step is to Set the folder permissions and then open the company file.
Method 4: Alter the filename of ‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’ files
Network(.ND) and Transaction Log(.TLG) files constitute vital files for the seamless functioning of the QuickBooks Desktop software. Renaming them can help in fixing this error in QuickBooks. The steps for the same are as under:
- The initial step in this process is to move to the folder where the company is stored.
- The location of the file is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Follow it by locating the files that have the same name as the company file extensions as .ND and .TLG
- Hit a right-click on the Files one by one and then opt for Rename from the drop-down list.
- Now, add the word .old at the end of the file and repeat the process for both of the files.
Method 5: Eliminate any blank spaces in the filename
From the filename of the company file, you should remove any blank spaces or characters. This action can get rid of a large number of error codes in QuickBooks, including the QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
- Initially, you are supposed to log out of the QuickBooks desktop software application on the systems where QuickBooks is open.
- Next step is to move to the QuickBooks company file and open it.
- Move to the QuickBooks company file, you need to right-click on it and choose the Rename option.
- Opt for the name of the company file and Enter it. Also, check that there is no space in it, and then remove any spaces between the file extension and also the company name.
- Open the QuickBooks company file and create it.
Method 6: Configuring your firewall ports and security software
You should consider setting up your firewall ports conducive to QuickBooks. The steps for the same are as under:
- You are supposed to configure the firewall port settings to Automatic.
- Manually configure the exceptions for all Firewall ports.
- The last step is to either install an anti-virus defender or configure it properly.
Method 7: General fixation steps
Apart from the troubleshooting methods stated above, you can also follow some additional fixation steps to ward off this QuickBooks error. These include:
- Talking about the general fixations, reboot the QuickBooks with more permissions. In the majority of the cases, the error is removed after the software is restarted, and no further work is needed.
- Running a file doctor tool is another alternative. This tool has the ability to repair damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files. Also, at times this utility fails in QuickBooks file recovery and therefore fixes the error message.
- Also, you can move the company file to a local or network drive, in case it was previously stored on an external storage device. Then, you need to open the QBW file in QuickBooks and check if the error has gone or it still exists.
- In case the QuickBooks company file references the mapped drive, then change settings and select the right server. For this, tap on the Open or restore option in the File menu. And also, choose Open a company file and click on Network place. You are also required to click on the Entire network and choose the Server in which the company file has been stored. The last step is to check if the solution worked or not, and then reboot the software.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Still impeded by the error? Get Instant help from experts
This brings us to the conclusion of this post where we hope that the information and the methods discussed above might be of great help to us in fixing the QuickBooks error 6000 77. However, for any further information, you can call us anytime using our dedicated support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: