Get the helpful steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77 at your home!
QuickBooks is a fantastic software present in the accounting industry and robust too. This software has marked it’s presence in the accounting industry from decades, and people try to handle and operate various activities using this amazing software. But at the same time, the fact that you cannot ignore is that the QuickBooks accounting software is prone to certain errors. Moreover, the error code 6000, 77 is one of the most common and critical error in the QuickBooks software. And this error can’t be ignored, as it can cause serious damage to the data. If you are also facing any such error, then this can be of great help to you, as this will contain all necessary information regarding QuickBooks error 6000, 77 and its fixation steps.
You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team in order to resolve various type of issues in QuickBooks. Our dedicated support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services.
You might also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6010, 100?
What is QuickBooks error 6000, 77?
When Error: 6000, 77 encounters the problem you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).
QuickBooks error code 6000, 77 is often seen when the file is stored in the wrong folder. These days the accounting standards and the software has transformed the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting activities. But this error plagues the system, when you don’t enough of the permissions to gain access to any QuickBooks file. Users required to resolve this issue as soon as possible, as it might cause some serious damage to the data. So, if you are facing any such error, do not avoid it and make sure to resolve it as soon as possible.
Factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 77
There can be multiple factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 77, a few of which can be as follows:
- You can encounter this error, in case you are having insufficient authorization to the server system.
- Also, if the company file is damaged or corrupted, the error is most probable to occur.
- Error 6000, 77 can also be seen, if the QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release.
- You can also come up with this error if the company file that you are trying to open is missing or damaged.
- If you are running an outdated QuickBooks version, then it is most probable to come up with this error.
- Also, if the company file is stored on external storage instead of being in the local drive or a network.
- In case a mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file, you could encounter with such error.
Quick fixes for QuickBooks error 6000 77
- You can reboot the QuickBooks software with more permissions. In majority of the situations, the error is removed after the software restarts and further work is needed.
- You can run a QuickBooks file doctor tool. This tool has the ability to repair the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files. At times the utility fails in QuickBooks file recovery and therefore fixing the error. This is for its weak and basic underlying technology.
- You are then required to move the company file to a local or network drive, in case it is previously stored on an external storage device. You need to try and open the QBW file in QuickBooks see if the error has gone or it still exists.
- In case the company file references the mapped drive, then you should change the settings and select right server. To do this, you are supposed to click on open or restore in file menu. And then choose to open a company file and click on Network place. You are also required to click on the entire network and choose the server in which the company file was stored. Lastly, you need to check if the solution works, and restart the QuickBooks software.
Latest Methods to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 77
At first, you can checkout the following info-graphic in order to QuickBooks resolve the error (-6000, -77). Also you can follow the below given manual steps to fix this error by your own.
Now that you know little bit about the error, it is the right time to carry out the fixation methods for the same. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The very first step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website, which will help in resolving the data damage issues automatically.
- After that, you need to install the QuickBooks file doctor tool properly and then run it.
- And then, select the file with the error.
- Next, enter the username and password, if needed.
- The last step is to process is to reboot the system after the process comes to an end.
Method 2: Recreating the damaged folder
- First of all, open the windows explorer and then press Windows + E keys and move to the C:\ drive of the system.
- You need to craft a new folder in the C: drive and then name it QBtest123.
- Moving ahead, open the folder that the company file is located.
- Next, hit a right click on the .qbw file and then click on the copy from the drop-down list.
- Once done with that, you will have to paste the file into the newly created files.
- And then set windows access permissions to share the company file.
- Followed by, opening QuickBooks desktop and then open the file from the new location.
Related article: How to rectify QuickBooks error 6147?
Method 3: Using the UNC path file name instead of using the mapped drive
- The very first step in the process is to right click on the QB icon and then press and hold Ctrl.
- After that run as admin from the drop-down list.
- Followed by pressing and hold Ctrl to open the No company window
- The next step in the process is to move to the file and then open or restore the company, and also open a company file. After that hit Next.
- Moving ahead, you need to select network from the left pane.
- And then move to the folder location of the company file.
- Last step is to set the folder permissions and then open the company file.
Method 4: Changing the name of .ND and .TLG files
- The initial step in this process is to move to the folder where the company is stored.
- The location of the file is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Followed by locating the files that have the same name as the company file extensions as .ND and .Tlg.
- Hit a right click on the files one by one and then select Rename from the drop down list.
- Now add the word .old at the end of the file and repeat the process for both of the files.
Method 5: Configuring the firewall and security software
- You are supposed to configure the firewall port settings to automatic.
- And then manually configure the exceptions for all firewall ports.
- The last step is to either install an anti-virus defender or configure it properly.
Method 6: Cleaning the blank spaces after the company name and before the company file extension
- Initially, you are supposed to log out of the QuickBooks desktop software application on the systems where QuickBooks is open.
- The next step is to move to the QuickBooks company file and open it.
- After that, move to the QuickBooks company file, you need to right click on it and choose the rename option.
- Once done with that select the name of the company file and enter it. Also, check that there is no space in it, and then remove any spaces between the file extension and also the company name.
- The last step is to open the QuickBooks company file and create it.
Method 7: General fixation steps
- Talking about the general fixations, reboot the QuickBooks with more permissions. In majority of the cases, the error is removed after the software is restarted and no further work is needed.
- Running a file doctor tool is another alternative. This tool has the ability to repair damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files. Also, at times this utility fails in QuickBooks file recovery and therefore fixing the error message.
- Also, you can move the company file to a local or network drive, in case it was previously stored on an external storage device. Then, you need to open the QBW file in QuickBooks and check if the error has gone or it still exists.
- In case the QuickBooks company file references the mapped drive, then change settings and select right server. For this, click on the open or restore option in the file menu. And also, choose open a company file and click on network place. You are also required to click on the entire network and choose the server in which the company file has been stored. The last step is to check if the solution worked or not, and then reboot the software.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Get Instant help from experts
This brings us to the end of this post where we hope that the information and the methods we have discussed above might be of great help to us in fixing the QuickBooks error 6000, 77. However, for any further trouble or for any further information, you can call us anytime at 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: