Get the helpful steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 77 at your home!
QuickBooks is a fantastic software present in the accounting industry and robust too. This software has marked its presence in the accounting industry from decades, and people try to handle and operate various activities using this amazing software. But at the same time, the fact that the user cannot ignore is that the QuickBooks accounting software is prone to certain errors. Moreover, the error code 6000, 77 is one of the most common but critical errors in the QB software. And this error can’t be ignored, as it can cause serious damage to the data. If you are also facing any such error, then this can be of great help to you, as this will contain all necessary information regarding QuickBooks error 6000, 77 and its fixation steps.
You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Our dedicated support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible services in fixing the QuickBooks error.
You might also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 6010, 100?
What is QuickBooks error 6000, 77?
When Error: 6000, 77 encounters the problem you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem. Error codes: (-6000, -77).
QuickBooks error code 6000, 77 is often seen when the file is stored in the wrong folder. These days the accounting standards and the software has transformed the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting activities. But the error code 6000, 77 plagues the system, when the user do not enough of the permissions to gain access to any QuickBooks file. The users are required to resolve this issue as soon as possible, as it might cause some serious damage to the data. Thus, if you are facing any such error, do not avoid it and make sure to resolve it as soon as possible.
Factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 77
There can be multiple factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 77, a few of which can be as follows:
- The user can encounter this error, in case the user is having insufficient authorization to the server system
- Also, if the company file is damaged or corrupted, the error is most probable to occur
- Error 6000, 77 can also be seen, if the QuickBooks is not updated to the latest release
- The user can also come up with this error if the company file that the user is trying to open is missing or damaged
- If you are running an outdated QuickBooks version, then it is most probable to come up with this error.
- Also, if the company file is stored on external storage instead of being in the local drive or a network.
- In case a mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file, the user could encounter with such error.
How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 77?
At first, you can checkout the following info-graphic in order to resolve the error (-6000, -77). Also you can follow the below given manual steps to fix this error by your own.
Now that you know little bit about the error, it is the right time to carry out the fixation methods for the same. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The very first step is to download the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the official Intuit website, which will help in resolving the data damage issues automatically.
- After that, the user needs to install the QuickBooks file tool properly and then run it.
- And then, select the file with the error
- Followed by, entering the username and password, if needed
- The last step in the process is to reboot the system after the process comes to an end.
Related article: How to rectify QuickBooks error 6147?
Method 2: Recreating the damaged folder
- The very first step is to open the windows explorer, press Windows + E keys and then move to the C:\ drive of the system.
- And then, the user needs to craft a new folder in the C: drive and then name it QBtest123.
- Moving ahead, open the folder that the company file is located.
- The next step is to right click the .qbw file and then click on the copy from the drop-down list.
- Once done with that, the user will have to paste the file into the newly created files.
- And then set windows access permissions to share the company file.
- Followed by, opening QuickBooks desktop and then open the file from the new location.
Method 3: Using the UNC path file name instead of using the mapped drive
- The very first step in the process is to right click the QB icon and then press and hold Ctrl.
- Once done with that the user should select run as admin from the drop-down list.
- Followed by pressing and hold Ctrl to open the No company window
- The next step in the process is to move to the file and then open or restore the company, and also open a company file. After that hit Next.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select network from the left pane.
- And then move to the folder location of the company file
- The last step is to set the folder permissions and then open the company file.
Method 4: Changing the name of .ND and .TLG files
- The initial step in this process is to move to the folder where the company is stored
- The location of the file is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Followed by locating the files that have the same name as the company file extensions as .ND and .Tlg
- After that right click the files one by one and then select Rename from the drop down list
- The next step is to add the word old at the end of the file and repeat the process for both of the files.
Method 5: Configuring the firewall and security software
- The user is supposed to configure the firewall port settings to automatic
- And then manually configure the exceptions for all firewall ports.
- The last step is to either install an anti-virus defender or configure it properly.
Method 6: General fixation steps
- Talking about the general fixations, reboot the QuickBooks with more permissions. In majority of the cases, the error is removed after the software is restarted and no further work is needed
- Running a file doctor tool is another alternative. This tool has the ability to repair damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files. Also, at times this utility fails in QuickBooks file recovery and therefore fixing the error message.
- Also, the user can move the company file to a local or network drive, in case it was previously stored on an external storage device. Then, the user needs to open the QBW file in QuickBooks and check if the error has gone or it still exists
- In case the QuickBooks company file references the mapped drive, then change settings and select right server. For this, click on the open or restore option in the file menu. And also, choose open a company file and click on network place. The user is also required to click on the entire network and choose the server in which the company file has been stored. The last step is to check if the solution worked or not, and then reboot the software.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
Get Instant help from experts
This brings us to the end of this post where we hope that the information and the methods we have discussed above might be of great help to the user in fixing the QuickBooks error 6000, 77. However, for any further trouble or for any further information, you can call us anytime at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294, and our QuickBooks enterprise support team will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: