Learn the complete process to fix QuickBooks Error 12, 0 while opening company file
QuickBooks is regarded as one of the best and most reliable accounting software in the market. Managing all accounting and bookkeeping activities become easy with the help of QuickBooks. Despite of the great features and functionalities, this software is prone to certain errors. One such error is QuickBooks error code -12, 0. This post will be focused on learning the causes and fixes of QuickBooks error code 12 0. This error code is usually seen when you don’t have the admin rights.
Moreover, you might also come up on the screen, due to irregularity in the windows registry. If you are interested in knowing the fixes of this QuickBooks error code 12, 0, then make sure that you stay tuned to this post. An alternative for the same is to get in touch with a team of professionals and let them handle the error for you. Connect with our QuickBooks error support experts anytime through our dedicated helpline number.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118?
QuickBooks error code 12, 0 – Basic Info
As mentioned earlier, QuickBooks error code -12, 0 is usually seen when you are not having the administrative permissions to conduct certain operations. This error code often troubles you when system settings are incorrectly configured or there is variation in the windows registry. The basic information related to this error is stated below:
Error Number: Error (-12 0)
Error Name: QuickBooks error code -12 0
Developer: Intuit Inc
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
There can be a couple of factors causing this issue, which we will be discussing later in this post. So, continue reading carefully!
Triggers to the QuickBooks Error Code (-12 0)
Every error is caused due to a bunch of factors, and so is the QuickBooks error code 12, 0. There are a couple of factors that lead to this annoying error namely:
- Cluttered windows registry is one of the most common factors leading to the error code 12 0.
- Wrong un-installation of QuickBooks software can be another reason.
- Incorrect user input can also be another reason causing the issue.
- In case the files are missing from the registry or are deleted.
- Also, if you are facing malfunctioning of the system.
- Wrong entries of non-existent programs is another common factor.
How to identify the QuickBooks error 12, 0?
It is very important to identify the QuickBooks error code 12, 0, and this can be done easily with the help of below stated signs and symptoms. Let us have a look:
- This error code crashes an active program window.
- Also, if the QuickBooks error 12, 0 appears on the window screen.
- The windows got shut to avoid any harm to the system. The issue happened due to all accounts that are accompanying the file.
- The system crashes with error code -12 0 while running same program.
- Or the windows are responding sluggishly.
- The system freezes abruptly.
Related article: How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 77?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 12, 0
Now that you are aware of all possible facts related to QuickBooks error code -12 0, it is time to find out the methods to fix the issue. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
- In the first method, you are supposed to right click the client data option.
- After that press the properties tab. Also, click on the security tab.
- Followed by checking if you have permission to access the file or not.
- If you don’t have permission to access the folder, then give the necessary permission.
- The final step is to open the company file and check if the error continues.
In case the above steps didn’t work for you, then continue you with the steps below:
- You need to first of all click on start tab.
- Type update in the search box and hit a click on enter tab.
- You will see windows update dialog box appearing on the screen.
- In case any updates are available, then you need to click on install updates tab.
- This method demands for clicking the start tab initially.
- Type in System restore in the search box and hit enter tab.
- Hit a click on system restore tab in the results section, and also type admin passwords.
- Once done with that, in the wizard perform the steps to pick a restore point.
- Finally, restore the system and start working on QuickBooks.
- In this particular method, you first needed to click on start tab.
- In the search box, type command and also hit enter key.
- Next step is to hold Ctrl + Shift keys at the same time, and then hit enter key.
- Now you will see a permission dialog box, also hit a click on yes.
- Once you are done with that, a black box with blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- Followed by hitting enter SFC/scannow and then click on enter tab.
- The system file checker will scan the error and other system file issues.
- You will then have to carry out the onscreen prompts and end the process.
In case none of the above methods worked in your favour, then make sure to carry out the steps below and try resolving the issue.
- The initial step is to verify the QuickBooks version.
- In case the customer is accessing QuickBooks, then the service will be QBDatabaseserviceuser23.0.
- You need to move to services.MSC and then check if the service mentioned has stopped or is still working.
- Press on QBdatabaseserviceuser23.
- Now hit a right click QBdatabaseserviceuser23, and then move to the properties tab. In case the service has stopped working, then select start service option.
- The final step in this process is to make an attempt to re-open the company file and check if the error is resolved or not.
Checking permissions on the folder, which is having the company file.
- Right click on the client data > properties > security tab.
- Check if you have the permission to access the file or not.
- In case you don’t have the permission to access the folder, then you need to have the necessary permission and retry opening the company file.
In the article above, we have tried to sum up all the solutions that you could implement in order to resolve the QuickBooks error 12, 0. In case you continue to face similar error or if you have any query related to the same, then do not think much in calling us using our dedicate support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Getting in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team can ease the process of tackling this error for you.
Other articles to read: