Learn the complete process to fix QuickBooks Error 12, 0 while opening company file
QuickBooks is regarded as one of the best and most reliable accounting software in the market. Managing all accounting and bookkeeping activities become easy with the help of QuickBooks. Despite of the great features and functionalities, this software is prone to certain errors. One such error is QuickBooks error code -12, 0.
Today’s post will be focused on learning the causes and fixes of QuickBooks error code 12 0. This error code is usually seen when the user does not have the admin rights. Moreover, the user might also come up on the screen, due to irregularity in the windows registry. If you are interested in knowing the fixes of this error code, then make sure that you stay tuned to this post. An alternative for the same is to get in touch with a team of professionals and let them resolve the error on our behalf. You can connect with our QuickBooks error support experts anytime through our dedicated helpline number, and our professionals and certified accounting ProAdvisors will be happy to help you.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118?
QuickBooks error code 12, 0 – Basic Info
As mentioned earlier, QuickBooks error code -12, 0 is usually seen when the user is not having the administrative permissions to conduct certain operations. This error code often troubles the user when system settings are incorrectly configured or there is variation in the windows registry. The basic information related to this error is stated below:
Error Number: Error (-12 0)
Error Name: QuickBooks error code -12 0
Developer: Intuit Inc
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Error Description: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
There can be a couple of factors causing this issue, which we will be discussing later in this post. So, continue reading carefully!
Triggers to the QuickBooks Error Code (-12 0)
Every error is caused due to a bunch of factors, and so is the QuickBooks error code 12, 0. There are a couple of factors that lead to this annoying error namely:
- Cluttered windows registry is one of the most common factors leading to the error code 12 0
- Also, wrong un-installation of QuickBooks software can be another reason
- Incorrect user input can also be another reason causing the issue
- In case the files are missing from the registry or are deleted
- Also, if the user is facing malfunctioning of the system
- Wrong entries of non-existent programs is another common factor
How to identify the QuickBooks error 12, 0?
It is very important to identify the QuickBooks error code 12, 0, and this can be done easily with the help of below stated signs and symptoms. Let us have a look:
- This error code crashes an active program window
- Also, if the QuickBooks error 12, 0 appears on the window screen
- The windows got shut to avoid any harm to the system. The issue happened due to all accounts that are accompanying the file
- The system crashes with error code -12 0 while running same program
- Or the windows are responding sluggishly
- The system freezes abruptly
Related article: How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000, 77?
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 12, 0
Now that you are aware of all possible facts related to QuickBooks error code -12 0, it is time to find out the methods to fix the issue. Let us explore each of the methods one by one:
- In the very first method, the user is supposed to right click the client data option
- And then press the properties tab. Also, click on the security tab
- Followed by checking if the user has permission to access the file or not
- If the user doesn’t have permission to access the folder, then give the necessary permission
- The last step is to open the company file and check if the error continues
In case the above steps didn’t work for you, then continue you with the steps below:
- The user needs to first of all click on start tab
- And then type update in the search box
- The next step is to click on enter
- And after that the user will see windows update dialog box appearing on the screen
- In case any updates are available, then the user needs to click on install updates tab.
- This method demands for clicking the start tab initially
- After that, the user needs to type in System restore in the search box and hit enter
- The next step is to click on system restore tab in the results section
- Also, type admin passwords
- Once done with that, in the wizard perform the steps to pick a restore point
- And then, restore the system and start working on QuickBooks
- In this particular method, the user is first needed to click on start tab
- And then in the search box, type command and also hit enter key
- The next step is to hold Ctrl + Shift keys at the same time, and then hit enter
- Now, the user will see a permission dialog box
- Also, click on yes
- Once you are done with that, a black box with blinking cursor will appear on the screen
- Followed by hitting enter SFC/scannow and then click on enter
- The system file checker will scan the error and other system file issues
- The user will then have to carry out the onscreen prompts and end the process
In case none of the above methods worked in your favour, then make sure to carry out the steps below and try resolving the issue.
- The very first step is to verify the QuickBooks version
- In case the customer is accessing QuickBooks, then the service will be QBDatabaseserviceuser23.0
- Now, the user needs to move to services.MSC and then check if the service mentioned has stopped or is still working
- After that press on QBdatabaseserviceuser23
- And then right click QBdatabaseserviceuser23, and then move to the properties tab. In case the service has stopped working, then select start service option.
- The last step in this process is to make an attempt to re-open the company file and check if the error is resolved or not.
Checking permissions on the folder, which is having the company file.
- The user needs to right click on the client data > properties > security tab
- And then check if the user has the permission to access the file or not
- In case the user doesn’t have the permission to access the folder, then the user needs to have the necessary permission and retry opening the company file
In the article above, we have tried to sum up all the solutions that you could implement in order to resolve the QuickBooks error 12, 0. In case you continue to face similar error or if you have any query related to the same, then do not think much in calling us anytime at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Getting in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise customer support team can ease the process of tackling this error for you.
Other articles to read: