Best ways to resolve QuickBooks error -6000, -304 when opening a company file
QuickBooks has transformed the way entrepreneurs carry out their accounting activities. It is considered to be one of the most efficient accounting software that the users prefer, due to the features and functionalities that it offers. However, the fact can’t be ignored that the QuickBooks software is prone to certain errors, one of which is QuickBooks error code 6000, 304. This error is basically seen when the user makes an attempt to access the QuickBooks company file.
The error code 6000, 304 indicates that the system doesn’t have enough disk space available to open the file or the user account running QuickBooks has completed its limit. This error can be resolved by relocating the company file to larger hard disk, and turning off quotas, or also increasing the disk quota of the user account running QuickBooks. The user can also read out the article till the end, in order to find out the QuickBooks error (-6000, -304).
Moreover, the user can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to help the users in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 6000, 304.
What is QuickBooks error 6000, 304?
This kind of error is seen when the user makes an attempt to open the company file. It comes with an error message as given below:
QuickBooks error code 6000, 304 comes up with an error message stating as:
“An error occurred when the QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If problem persists, contact Intuit technical support and provide them following codes (-6000, -304).
Moreover, in case there is not enough disk space on the system or disk quotas are turned on. This error can be caused due to a couple of factors, which will be stated later in the post. In order to resolve the error, the user can relocate the company file to a larger hard disk, turn off disk quotas, or increase the disk quota of the user account running QuickBooks.
Factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 304
Though there can be a plenty of causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6000, 304. However, we are going to share with you two of the most common ones:
- The user can face this error in case if the disk space is running low and this resist the software from loading the company file
- Another factor leading to this error can be that the software crossed its memory usage limits
Methods to get rid of QuickBooks Error -6000, 304
Now that you have explored all the causes and facts related to QuickBooks error code 6000, 300, it is high time to find out what all methods can be implanted to get rid of this annoying error. So, let us check out each of the methods one by one. This error can be very annoying, as well as confusing for the users to tackle with. There can be various causes of this error, which will be discussed later in this post. Also, this error can be resolved by carrying out a few simple steps and tactics. For more details you can continue reading this post.
Method 1: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks
The very first method that one can opt for is to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks. The clean installation involves the process to install and uninstall the software. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Sometime it is essential to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks to get rid of damage and also avoid any further damages. This process called clean installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- The next step is to click on Start tab.
- And then, move to the Control panel option.
- Followed by clicking on the Programs and Features tab.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to right click and uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Moving ahead, the user needs to reinstall QuickBooks file after the uninstall gets finished, and you are good go.
Method 2: Checking if the user is having enough disk space
In case the above method is not satisfying, then you can carry out this process. You can check if the user is having enough disk space or not. For this, we can carry out the below steps:
- To begin with, the user needs to click on my computer.
- And then, visit the folder having the company file.
- The next step in the process is to right click the hard disk and then open the Properties option.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to check for free space by clicking on the General tab
- Now, the user can either move the company file to different hard disk or clear the space from the hard disk, where the file is stored.
- The next step is to click on the Quota tab, when the hard disk has enough space.
- Once done with that the user can look for the spotlight on the left side of the screen.
- In such case, if the spotlight is red, it would indicate no disk quotas.
- And if it is green, it means the quotas are set.
- The last step in this process is to turn off the disk quotas and you are done with the process.
Method 3: Repairing the QuickBooks desktop
Another method that one can opt for, in case none of the above methods helped to resolve the issue is to repair the QuickBooks desktop. This could resolve the issue up to certain extent. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The initial step in the process is to click on the Start tab
- And then, open the control panel
- Moving ahead the user is supposed to move to the Programs tab
- Followed by clicking on the Program and Features tab
- The next step in the process is to select QuickBooks and then select the Uninstall option
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on the QuickBooks window
- And then press the repair tab
- And the last step is to click on Next and hit Repair.
Method 4: Renaming the .ND and .TLG files
The .ND and .TLG files are a part of QuickBooks files. In case these files are corrupted, then the user might encounter errors, while opening QuickBooks files. Renaming these files can be possible by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to open the folder that is having the company file
- And then look for the files with the same file name as the company file but with .ND and .TLG extensions
- After that, the user needs to right click each of file and choose rename option. Also, add the word OLD at the end of each file name
- And lastly, open the QuickBooks again and try to sign in to the company file.
We believe that the above stated methods might be sufficient in fixing the QuickBooks error 6000, 304. However, there can be a situation, where the user might not be able to fix the issue even after carrying out the steps above. In such a situation, the user can get in touch with our QuickBooks customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Contacting our experts can help the user in fixing the error with much ease and that too permanently. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as our experts and professionals will be happy to help you!
You might also like: