Did you stumble across QuickBooks error code 12157 and are in a quandary over how to rectify the same? Your search has reached its conclusion as this article shall apprise you with invaluable information for fixing this error in a timely manner. The occurrence of Error 12157 in QuickBooks can be emboldened by various factors, including improper installation, data connectivity issues, upgrade errors, update errors, and many more. Such an error belongs to 12000 error series, and could also be triggered due to the web connectivity issues with Microsoft Win32 internet. Make a note that this API is used by QuickBooks, to swiftly access the internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and Gopher.
You might find this error a bit tricky, considering which we have come up with this segment, where we will be talking about the triggers and solution steps to the QuickBooks error code 12157. Read ahead to unleash the effective solutions to this error.
Understand what is QuickBooks error 12157
QuickBooks error 12157 is a part of 12XXX series error, as we mentioned heretofore. You might come across such an error due to web connectivity issues in the Windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or WinInetAPI. The QuickBooks accounting software makes use of API to run the internet protocols easily mainly FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. This error usually takes place while downloading or setting up updates related to the software.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks error code 12157
The QuickBooks Error message 12157 shows several symptoms of its arrival. Once you get accustomed to the indicators of this error, spotting it shall become a cakewalk. Although the below-mentioned list isn’t exhaustive, it is likely to assist you in identifying this issue.
- One of the basic sign can be the error code itself appearing on the screen with the warning message and crashing the current window.
- Another sign can be if the firewall settings and internet security apps are giving any sort of pop up.
- You can also spot this issue if your system crashes for some reason.
- Or sluggish system and software is another sign of error code 12157.
What instigates the QuickBooks error 12157?
The QuickBooks error code 12157 can be triggered by a myriad of assorted factors. Some of the most conspicuous ones have been listed below:
- The date or time of your system may be incorrect.
- You can also face this problem if the internet and security apps crop up at the time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Some restrictive setting of the firewall and internet security applications may be instigating the QuickBooks error 12157.
- Also, if your system has multiple QuickBooks installed.
You might see also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6129?
Methods you need to perform to fix the QuickBooks error 12157
You can perform the following methods, so as to fix the QuickBooks error 12157. Let us explore the methods one by one:
Method 1: Change the internet connection
The QuickBooks Error message 12157 is frequently caused by incorrect internet connection settings. In this case, you will have to adjust your internet connection settings. The following are the steps to take in this situation:
- First, you will need to open the QuickBooks software.
- And then head to the Help menu.
- Afterwards, choose Internet connection setup.
- Afterwards, opt for Use my computer’s internet connection settings, so as to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- You are subsequently required to hit on Next.
- The next step is to open the Advanced connection settings.
- Move to the Advanced tab.
- Here, you need to choose the Restore advanced settings option.
- Finally, hit on OK tab and then click on Done to culminate the process.
Method 2: Add QuickBooks and its additional processes to the exception of the firewall
Under this method, you will have to add QuickBooks to the exception of the firewall. There can be situations when the firewall or the internet security settings aren’t configured properly. You would have to ensure that the ports 80 and 443 are active. In such a scenario, the following list of files should have the access:
Method 3: Restoring the system
This is another reliable and effective walkway that you can adopt to rectify the Error code 12157 in QuickBooks. You can implement the below-mentioned procedure to uproot the error once and for all:
- In this particular method, you are required to click on the Start your system tab and log in as System admin.
- You are then required to press Start to catch and click on all applications, accessories, computer tools, and further hit System repair option.
- Furthermore, open new window and click on Re-install my PC option and hit Next tab.
- Afterwards, choose Restore point and then hit Next. Choose the Advanced system to restore the point.
- Choose Next on the confirmation window to conclude the reboot process.
Method 4: Resetting system’s date and time
To resolve the QuickBooks payroll error 12157 with ease, you should consider resetting your system’s date and time by following the brief walk through provided below:
- Initially, you need to visit the Clock present on the system’s screen.
- Then, Right click on the data(or time).
- Choose the Adjust date/ time option from the list that shows up after right-clicking.
- Now choose the Current date as well as time and close the screen by hitting OK tab after the Date and time has been rectified.
- After performing all the steps mentioned above, close the QuickBooks software and then reopen the same.
- End the process by running the QuickBooks update again and inspect whether the error still lingers.
Similar article: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12152?
To Sum Up!
Having reached a conclusion, we are hopeful that the solutions laid down within the purview of this article helped you rectify the QuickBooks Error Code 12157. Our team of experts has encapsulated all the tried and tested troubleshooting methods to fix the Error lucidly and coherently. If you face difficulty while implementing any solution, we suggest you to contact our QuickBooks error support professionals. For any other query, comments, or concerns, call us at 1-800-761-1787.