Bumped into QuickBooks error code 12157 and unable to decide what can be done? Your search ends over here. Well, this particular error can be a result of improper installation, data connectivity issues, upgrade errors, update errors, and many more. Such an error belongs to 12000 error series, and could also be triggered due to the web connectivity issues with Microsoft Win32 internet. Make a note that this API is used by QuickBooks, to swiftly access the internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and Gopher.
You might find this error a bit tricky, considering which we have come up with this segment, where we will be talking about the triggers and solution steps to the QuickBooks error 12157. Read ahead to unleash the effective solutions to this error.
More about QuickBooks error 12157
QuickBooks error 12157 is a part of 12XXX series error, as we mentioned earlier. You might come across such an error due to web connectivity issues in the windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or WinInetAPI. The QuickBooks accounting software makes use of API to run the internet protocols easily mainly FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. Such an error usually takes place when the downloading or setting up updates with the software.
You might see also: What is QuickBooks Update Error 12007?
What instigates the QuickBooks error 12157?
The QuickBooks error code 12157 can be triggered by the following factors:
- Just in case the date or time on the system is incorrect.
- You can also face such an error if the internet and security apps crop up at the time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software.
- You might also end up in this error if there is any sort of restrictive setting of firewall and internet security applications.
- Also, if your system has multiple QuickBooks installed.
Methods you need to perform to fix the QuickBooks error 12157
You can perform the following methods, so as to fix the QuickBooks error 12157. Let us explore the methods one by one:
Method 1: Change the internet connection
Many times, the improper internet connection settings might also end up in this type of error. In such a situation, you would have to change the internet connection setup. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- At first, you need to open QuickBooks.
- And then navigate to the help menu.
- Further, select the internet connection setup.
- Select use my computer’s internet connection settings, so as to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- You are then required to click on next tab.
- You need to open the advanced connection settings.
- Navigate to the advanced tab.
- And choose the restore advanced settings option.
- Last but not the least, choose ok tab and then hit done.
Method 2: Add QuickBooks and its additional processes to the exception of the firewall
Under this method, you will have to add QuickBooks to the exception of the firewall. There can be situations when the firewall or the internet security settings aren’t configured properly. You would have to ensure that the ports 80 and 443 are active. In such a scenario, the following list of files should have the access:
Read also: How to overcome from QuickBooks error 12002?
Method 3: Restoring the system
This is another method that you can opt for to restore the system. You can perform the below steps to get rid of the error successfully:
- In this particular method, you would have to click on the start your system tab.
- And log in as system admin.
- You are then required to press start to catch and click on all applications, accessories, computer tools, and further hit system repair option.
- Furthermore, open new window and click on re-install my PC option and hit next tab.
- Later on, click on restore point and hit next. Choose the advanced system to restore the point.
- Hit next on the confirmation window.
- Lastly, reboot the system.
Method 4: Resetting system’s date and time
You would have to perform the below steps, so as to tackle out the QuickBooks payroll error 12157 with much ease. You can follow the below steps and reset the system’s date and time:
- To start off with, you need to visit the clock present on the system’s screen.
- Right click the mouse later on.
- Furthermore, you need to choose the adjust date/ time from the list that appears after the above step.
- Later on, you need to select the current date as well as time.
- And close the screen by hitting OK tab after the date and time has been rectified.
- Moreover, you need to close the QuickBooks software.
- And reopen the same.
End the process by running the QuickBooks update again and observer whether the error still persists.
Similar article: How to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 12152?
That was all that you need to know about tackling QuickBooks error 12157. However, if by any chance this error continues to trouble you after following the above steps, then do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks error support professionals and certified experts. For any other query, comments, or concerns, call us at 1-800-761-1787.