Are you facing the payroll error code 15221 and unable to decide what to do? Well, we are here to help you. This article will provide you with all the information related to QuickBooks error code 15221, its causes, and viable fixes. Make sure to read this article carefully. This error is seen when you go through a basic method of updating QuickBooks desktop or when a user tries to download a payroll tax tables update.
This type of problem could be seen when opening the updated version of QuickBooks desktop or payroll software. As a result of this problem, you might not be able to launch the updated software. Get a better insight by reading this article further. Or contact our support team using our toll-free 1-800-761-1787.
What causes QuickBooks error 15221?
The QuickBooks error message 15221 can be caused due to the following reasons:
- Incorrect configuration of internet explorer.
- Another reason can be if the digital signatures aren’t supported by the browser.
- If the antivirus is restricting from downloading the QuickBooks update.
- Moreover, if the QuickBooks data files are corrupted.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15104?
Steps to fix the QuickBooks payroll error 15221
The easiest way to get rid of QuickBooks update error 15221 can be by updating the version of Internet Explorer already downloaded on the system. Moreover, manual update downloading is to be by the latest update from Microsoft download sender. You can also resolve the Error code 15221, after updating the Internet Explorer. In case the problem persists, then you are suggested that the Windows program files might be running on the system is highly unstable or damaged.
It should be noted that the Intuit doesn’t provide or support any assistance for Windows products. To fix the issues related to the operating system, it is recommended to consult support team of the concerned product for necessary assistance.
Solution 1: Improper configuration of Microsoft internet explorer
Often some software even after getting updated, fails to begin as the inaccurate configuration of the internet explorer that works side by side while you are downloading the updated version of QuickBooks. This results in a major issue of the files not matching with the C-Run time files of the internet explorer.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
Find out how you can keep your program updated to ensure that you are always equipped with the latest updates and features.
- Close the company file and QuickBooks.
- After that navigate to your Windows Start Menu.
- Find QuickBooks Desktop and hit a click on the icon, then right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- If you’re on the screen that says No Company Open screen, then go to the Help menu and then choose “Update QuickBooks Desktop“.
- Next steps is to hit a click on your Option tab.
- Also choose “Mark All” and then hit a click on the Save option.
- Now click on the Update Now tab and choose Reset Update checkbox.
- If you’re ready, choose the option to Get Updates.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 20 while Printer Activation?
Solution 3: Adding Intuit as a trusted site
The addition of Intuit as a trusted website prevents your browser from blocking content from websites.
- Initially, select the Customize and control Google Chrome ⋮ icon and select Settings.
- In the left pane, you need to choose the Privacy and security option and then select Site Settings.
- The next step to follow is to choose Cookies and site data.
- Now select Add option in the Allow section.
- End the solution by entering the *intuit.com, then select Add to save.
Solution 4: Install the Certificate
- In the file location window, search at the Application File ( .exe file)
- After that, hit a right-click and choose the Properties. The Application file Properties window opens.
- Now choose the Digital Signatures tab, then select any of the options from the Signature list field.
- Also choose the details opt.
- In the Digital Signature Details window, you need to choose “View Certificate“. Here you will see that the certificate window will open.
- Under the the General tab, in the Certificate window, choose Install Certificate.
- When you are on the Certificate Import Wizard welcome screen, make sure your Store location is selected as Current User.
- Now hit a click on Next step.
- From here, on the Certificate Store window, your Windows has already chosen the certificate store in accordance with the nature of the certificate.
- You need to click on Next, and then hit on Finish.
- If you are prompted to confirm that the import was successful, you need to select “OK“.
Important: Follow steps 2-6 for the remainder of the Security Certificates in the Digital Signature list.
Solution 5: Manual steps
If the solutions discussed till now did not help in fixing QuickBooks Error 51221, then in that case, you should resort to the manual method of fixation described below:
- You will first have to reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
- After that, open Internet Explorer.
- And move to the Gear option and click on the Internet options.
- Move to the Security tab and select trusted sites.
- Click on the Site and Add the website.
- After adding the website (Intuit), choose the close tab.
- And also, click on Apply and hit the OK tab.
- At times, an expired windows certificate might lead to such an issue; in that case, you need to run a Windows update. For that, open the Windows Update from the Start menu and click on the option to check for updates. Check mark all the necessary updates and get them downloaded. Finally, restart your computer and let these updates install on your computer.
Tackling the QuickBooks error code 15221 can be much easier if you know the exact steps. However, if you have any queries or if you are unable to get rid of the issue even after performing the required steps, then, in that case, contact us at 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks payroll error support team will be pleased to assist you with your ongoing problems.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15227?
QuickBooks Error Code 7149: What is & How to Fix it?