All that you need to know about QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Intuit’s accounting software QuickBooks have gained immense popularity over the past few years. As it has some powerful features like handling finances, raising invoices, managing payments, storing critical accounting data and more, small and medium sized businesses have started heavily depending on it.
Being a software, this application is not immune to any errors or technical problems. Often users face various issues that stalls their business operations. A common problem that users face is losing their data. When you use this software, you might come across an extra folder having new folders. This is the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Folder which basically takes a backup of all your company files.In case, you lose all your data this tool will help in recovering all your important information. So, in this blog we will in details discuss how QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery works.
ADR is a very important tool that helps in taking backup of your data. The loss of your data can severely affect your business operations and that’s when this tool comes to your rescue. The Auto Data Recovery feature uses your current Transaction Log file and a copy of your company file to restore back all the lost transaction except the ones done in the last few hours.
There are numerous other facts associated with QuickBooks Auto data recovery. Thus, if you are eager to unleash those facts, then make sure to read this blog post till the end, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Our executives will connect you with our experts in the least possible time and your queries will be answer within a few seconds.
You may also like: What are the steps to resolve QuickBooks error h505?
Points to remember before using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool
- If you have QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions for Windows, then only you can use Auto Data Recovery tool
- The QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool (ADR) is not available in Accountants Edition
- You can take backup of maximum file size of 1.5 Gigabytes. In case, the file size is more that 1.5 Gigabytes, then QuickBooks will not be able to create the Auto Data Recovery file
- To get the maximum efficiency from the tool try using the latest updated version of QuickBooks.
How to use the QuickBooks Data Recovery Tool?
The below mentioned solutions will help you in recovering your lost data by using the QuickBooks Auto Recovery Tool:
Solution 1: Recover lost data using the original .TLG file with .QBW.adr.file
The original Transaction Log file and the current version of ADR can be used to recover the recent transactions that you have lost. Follow the below steps for the same:
- First thing to do is create a new folder on your desktop and name it QBTest
- Now open the folder where you have saved the company file. You will find the company file location on Product Information screen and No Company Open Window. (Note: To open the Product information Press F2 or Ctrl+1 keys on your keyboard)
- Search for the .tlg file on your company file’s folder. The company file that you are looking for will have the same name as your company file.
- In case, you aren’t able to identify the .tlf file then you have the follow the below mentioned steps to Show File Extension:
- Click on Windows +E keys to open File Explorer
- Now choose Organize option and then choose Folder to search for options (Windows 10,8.1 and 8) to move further
- Now choose View option to choose the File Name Extension
- Choose the Hide Extensions for Known file types option.
- Once you have selected the promoted option, click on Apply and then on OK button.
- Once you have found the .tlg file, copy and paste it in the QBTest folder that you had created earlier on your desktop.
- After this you have to open QuickBooksAutoRecovery folder. You will find it in the same location where your company file is stored.
- Now open the QBTest folder and right click on .QBW.adr file and the select on Rename option.
- Select the .adr option which is located at the end of the file name and delete it.
- In QuickBooks, open the company file that you have stored in the QBTest folder.
- Now check and confirm of All transactions are there in the file by using the account register.
- Follow the given series of action to make sure the data integrity: File >> Utilities >> Verify Data
- You can now move the damaged file to some other location and replace it with the copied file that you saved in QBTest folder to the original location.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks abort error?
Solution 2: Recover recent transactions using the .QBW. adr and .TLG.adr files
Do note that this method of QuickBooks Auto Recovery can take up to 12 hours to recover the lost data:
- First create a new folder on your Desktop and name it QBTest.
- Now by using the QuickBooks company file feature, open the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery
- Access the .TLG.adr and .adr files. These files have the same name as your company file. Show file extensions
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows+E keys on your keyboard.
- After that choose Organize and then then select the Folder and search options.
- Now select View option and then choose File name extension.
- Choose Hide extensions for known file types and finally choose Apply, then OK.
- After this you have to select the two files and paste them in the QBTest folder and then delete .adr
- Now follow the listed series of actions to verify if the integrity of data is intact- File >> Utilities >> Verify Data
- If the recovered data is not damaged in any way then you can copy it from the QBTest folder and paste it in the original QuickBooks company file folder.
With the help of QuickBooks auto data recovery you can easily get back your lost data. In case, you aren’t able to restore them or have any queries regarding this tool then you can always take help from QuickBooks enterprise support team who are available all through the day to help you out.
So feel free to dial our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294 and get in touch with an expert today!
Other helpful articles to read: