Here’s how you can fix QuickBooks Payroll error PS034
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market and has benefitted businesses of different sizes. This application is packed with many powerful features like tracking of sales, expenses, invoices, inventory management, payroll, generating financial reports and lots more. Moreover, each year a newer and updated version of QuickBooks is released by Intuit which consists of new and improved features making business operations lot more simpler and hassle free. But glitches and errors are no uncommon in QuickBooks, after all it is just a software. Some errors can be easily fixed by users while few can be complicated where QuickBooks support experts have to intervene.
The following error message might appear on your screen when QuickBooks error PS034 problem happens:
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034 is a very common issue that often users face. This error happens while updating QuickBooks Payroll or download the payroll updates. In this article we will in detail discuss about this issue which will include why this error occurs and the possible solutions. So, keep read on!
A gist of QuickBooks error code PS034
|Error Code:||Error PS034|
|Software Developer:||Intuit QuickBooks Inc.|
|Error Description:||A new tax table/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer. Hit a click on OK to read about changes. [PS034]|
QuickBooks has come across an issue and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience.
|Possible Causes:||Older QuickBooks version, Invalid Tax tables or Payroll Files. Corrupt QuickBooks Company file or|
|Symptoms:||Your Program window will crashes, Windows runs sluggishly|
|Possible Solution:||Check the new Updates & Info of QuickBooks and payroll, Verify that you are a ‘Registered User’|
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS034
- The tax table or payroll files may be invalid.
- Billing information might not be correct or invalid.
- QuickBooks company file are corrupted.
- Intuit could not get the ‘Requisite files’ because of Invalid files or a Network failure.
You may also see: How to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6190?
Solution to QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS034
Learn the easiest steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks payroll error PS034.
Solution 1: Restart and Reboot the system
Restarting and rebooting your system is often known to solves many issues without even trying any other methods.
- The first thing to do is log onto your QuickBooks Account.
- After that Re-boot you computer and the concerned Database.
- Once the reboot is completed successfully, now log in again to your QuickBooks Account.
- Now shut down the background applications if any of them are open.
- Now perform the update again.
Solution 2: Verify if you a Registered User
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press the function Key F2 in order to check whether or not you are a registered user.
- You will come across a product information window and there see the first entry to check if you are a registered user in QuickBooks Desktop or not.
Solution 3: Check the New updates and information
- The first thing you have to do is go to the official QuickBooks website.
- Now you have to log-in using the correct credentials.
- Check out for the newly released QuickBooks Updates.
- If there are any new updates, then download them and simultaneously eliminate the Compatibility error.
Solution 4: Scan Files & your computer
- Perform a scan of QuickBooks files and payroll updates. This will help you in saving a lot of your time and efforts by detecting the harmful files.
- You are also suggested to use Windows virus and threat protection to conduct a selective scan of QuickBooks files and folders.
Solution 5: Change User Account Controls
Firstly, you have to switch off User Account controls before you start off with the Update. Follow the below steps:
- Firstly go to start.
- In the search box you have to type – ‘Change user account control‘
- Now turn off the settings.
Solution 6: Check the Antivirus or firewall settings
There can be a situation that because of the Advanced Settings the firewall settings or the anti-virus software settings might be blocking the updates and thereby causing the error. In this situation you either switch off the firewall or whitelist QuickBooks Payroll in order to avoid any such errors.
- Firstly, go to the Start menu
- Now look for the firewall settings.
- After this you have to click on Manage exceptions.
- Now add program or software to the list.
- Once done, from the display list select QuickBooks & Payroll and then click on Search. Apart from this you can directly switch off the firewall settings till the updates are completed. For externally downloaded or installed antivirus you have to perform the same step.
In case, the QuickBooks Payroll error PS034 doesn’t get resolved then it is suggested you reach out to the QuickBooks payroll error support service providers by dialing 1-800-761-1787. This service is available 24/7 and you will be assisted by experts in fixing the problems.