QuickBooks is considered to be the finest accounting software in the market. The only drawback of this amazing software is the couple of errors that you might face while working on this software. One such error is QuickBooks error code C=343. In today’s article, we will be talking about this error in detail, along with the causes and fixes for the same. This error can be seen due to windows compatibility issues. Such an error is generally faced by you when you are unable to access the QuickBooks company files. There are various facts related to this error, which we will be discussing later in this article. So, if you are facing such an error, then it becomes important for you to go through the article carefully till the end.
An alternate for the same can be the same to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team. You can contact us at any point of time and discuss the issue with our accounting professionals and certified experts. Make a call at 1-800-761-1787, and let our team fix the error for you.
You may also see: Fix Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop
What is QuickBooks error C=343?
Majority of the times, you might get the QuickBooks error code C=343 while opening QuickBooks desktop with an error message:
An unexpected error:
An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks to try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact technical support. C=343
As a consequence of this error you might not be able to access the company file and QuickBooks might not respond. It should be noted that you are required to keep a note of updating software on a regular basis, in order to avoid any further issues. The causes of such an error can be plenty, which we will be discussing later in this post.
What are the causes of QuickBooks error C=343?
The causes of error QuickBooks code C=343 can be many, out of the common ones are listed below:
- It can be seen if the file is damaged.
- If the file is missing.
- The same error can also be seen when the file is unregistered.
- Along with that, if you are not running the latest release of the QuickBooks accounting software, then such an error could be seen.
- Also, if the Microsoft core XML services.dll files are unregistered, damaged, or missing.
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error C=343
There can be a couple of methods that can be implemented in order to fix the QuickBooks error code C=343. We have enumerated below some of the most common ones, let us have a look:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks in safe mode
- First of all, you need to hold the Ctrl key and double click the QuickBooks icon.
- After that QuickBooks will open in safe mode with multiple company files.
- Next step is to hit a click on the file.
- And also, choose the open file and browse through the documents.
- Now, you need to run verify and rebuild data, if the QuickBooks opens and the new company file is not opening:
- For this, choose file
- And then navigate to the file operations
- After that verify rebuild
Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall MSXML.dll files
- For this method, it is required to open the download page and then look for the files.
- Followed by downloading the files on the system.
- Next step is to install these files on the system and then double click the MSXML.MSI file and then perform the detailed instructions displayed on the screen.
- Last step is to reboot QuickBooks and check if the error persists.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Step 1: Download QuickBooks tools hub program
- Close your QuickBooks desktop and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from here.
- After that save the downloaded file somewhere you can easily find it.
- Now open the downloaded file named as (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- To install this tool on your system follow the on-screen steps and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation finishes, double-click the tool hub icon on to open it.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from tools hub program
- Open your Tool Hub program and choose Installation Issues tab.
- After that select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool run.
- After that, you should note that as per the web speed and PC execution, this process might take around 20 minutes.
- The last step is to ensure that the components are properly updated and along with that reboot the system when done with all the steps.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
In case your software is not updated to the latest version available, then it is important to do that. You need to first update QuickBooks to the latest release and then open QuickBooks again. Many times, a simple update can work in fixing the issue, as it brings in various fixes and features.
- You will have to update QuickBooks by clicking the update now tab.
- And then download and install updates, if any available.
- After that reboot the system.
- Lastly open QuickBooks to check if the error has been resolved.
Method 5: Save MSXML.DLL files
The MSXML.DLL files are third party applications that can be smoothly integrated with QuickBooks. Let us check out the steps involved in saving these files:
For 32-bit framework
- If you are using 32-bit framework, then you need to open the run command window.
- And then, visit the search area and also enter the Regsvr32 MSXML.dll.
- The next step is to hit OK tab.
- And, you will not see a prompt which will show the successful registered status.
- The last step is to reboot the software and save changes.
For 64-bit framework
- For 64-bit framework, it is required to open the Run command window.
- And then, navigate to the search area. After that fill in the text cmd to open the command prompt window.
- Also, hit enter key.
- And then, fill in the command CD windows-syswow64 and then hit OK tab.
- Next step is to fill in Regsvr32 MSXML3.dll and then hit enter key.
- Also, fill Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and hit enter tab again.
- Both the .dll files might be successfully registered now.
- To end the process, you need to reboot the QuickBooks software.
Method 6: Using clean install tool
If none of the above steps worked for you, then you can use the clean install tool. You are recommended to have a backup of the data file in a secured place. And then run the tool to fix the error. The steps to be followed here are:
- Firstly, uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Press Windows + R keys to view RUN.
- And then, move to the control panel and also hit OK tab.
- The next step is to choose the programs and features tab.
- And also, move to programs list, QuickBooks and then click on uninstall.
- Lastly, follow the prompts to finish the process.
- And then Rename the installation folders.
- You can download and run QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Then open the QuickBooks clean install exe.
- And also, choose I accept that is written on the license agreement.
- After that select QuickBooks desktop version and then press continue tab.
- Lastly, hit OK tab, when the message appears “QuickBooks is ready to do a clean install“.
- Moving ahead, rename QuickBooks desktop installation folders manually.
- Followed by re-installing QuickBooks desktop.
Method 7: Manually fix the error
You can resolve the error manually, using the steps below:
- At first, you need to re-register all the needed files or folders when running the QuickBooks accounting software.
- And then, reboot the QuickBooks software for checking whether the issue is resolved or not.
- In case the error appears repeatedly, you will have to download and re-install Microsoft’s code XML services.
Read this also: Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop
The bottom lines
Once you are done with all of the above procedures, it is expected that the QuickBooks error code C=343 will no longer trouble you. However, if in case the error continues to create nuisance, then it is highly recommended to get in touch with a team of experts and certified ProAdvisors and ask them to fix the error on your behalf.
Other helpful articles: