No matter how hard you try to not to bump in any error when working on QuickBooks, some or the other error might come and disturb your entire work flow. The glitches in QuickBooks are denoted by some or the other error code and today we will be discussing one such error code i.e., QuickBooks error code C=343. This error can be seen due to windows compatibility issues. You might come across this issue when you are unable to access the QuickBooks company files. The triggers to be error can be many, and further the issue can be fixed by performing some set of steps. All this is discussed later in this technical segment. Thus, if you are also troubled by any such error, then simply keep a check on this writing and unleash the ways to chuck off such an error.
An alternate for the same can be the same to get on a call with our QuickBooks error support team. You can contact us at any point of time and discuss the issue with our accounting professionals and certified experts. Ring up to our tech geeks at 1-800-761-1787, and let our team fix the error for you.
What is QuickBooks error C=343?
Majority of the times, you might get the QuickBooks error code C=343 while opening QuickBooks desktop with an error message:
An unexpected error:
An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks to try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact technical support. C=343
As a consequence of this error you might not be able to access the company file and QuickBooks might not respond. It should be noted that you are required to keep a note of updating software on a regular basis, in order to avoid any further issues. The causes of such an error can be plenty, which we will be discussing later in this post.
What triggers to QuickBooks error C=343?
The causes of error QuickBooks code C=343 can be many, out of the common ones are listed below:
- It can be seen if the file is damaged
- If the file is missing
- The same error can also be seen when the file is unregistered
- Along with that, if you are not running the latest release of the QuickBooks accounting software, then such an error could be seen
- In case the Microsoft core XML services.dll files are unregistered, damaged, or missing.
You may also see: Fix Error 1712 when installing QuickBooks for Desktop
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error C=343
There can be a couple of methods that can be implemented in order to fix the QuickBooks error code C=343. We have enumerated below some of the most common ones, let us have a look:
Method 1: Use QuickBooks in safe mode
- Initially hold the Ctrl key and double click the QuickBooks icon.
- QuickBooks will open in safe mode with multiple company files.
- Furthermore, hit a click on the file.
- Choose the open file and browse through the documents.
- Now you need to run verify and rebuild data, if the QuickBooks opens and the new company file is not opening:
- For this, choose file
- Navigate to the file operations
- Verify rebuild
Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall MSXML.dll files
- For this method, it is required to open the download page and then look for the files.
- Followed by downloading the files on the system.
- Next step is to install these files on the system and then double click the MSXML.MSI file and then perform the detailed instructions displayed on the screen.
- Last step is to reboot QuickBooks and check if the error persists.
Method 3: Use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
Step 1: Download QuickBooks tools hub program
- Close your QuickBooks desktop and download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from here.
- Save the downloaded file somewhere you can easily find it.
- Now open the downloaded file named as (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- To install this tool on your system follow the on-screen steps and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation finishes, double-click the tool hub icon on to open it.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from tools hub program
- Open your Tool Hub program and choose Installation Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the tool run.
- Note that as per the web speed and PC execution, this process might take around 20 minutes.
- The last step is to ensure that the components are properly updated and along with that reboot the system when done with all the steps.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
In case your software is not updated to the latest version available, then it is important to do that. You need to first update QuickBooks to the latest release and then open QuickBooks again. Many times, a simple update can work in fixing the issue, as it brings in various fixes and features.
- You will have to update QuickBooks by clicking the update now tab.
- Download and install updates, if any available.
- Furthermore, reboot the system.
- Lastly open QuickBooks to check if the error has been resolved.
Method 5: Save MSXML.DLL files
The MSXML.DLL files are third party applications that can be smoothly integrated with QuickBooks. Let us check out the steps involved in saving these files:
For 32-bit framework
- If you are using 32-bit framework, then you need to open the run command window.
- Visit the search area and also enter the Regsvr32 MSXML.dll.
- Next step is to hit OK tab.
- And you will not see a prompt which will show the successful registered status.
- Reboot the software and save changes.
For 64-bit framework
- For 64-bit framework, it is required to open the Run command window.
- Navigate to the search area. After that fill in the text cmd to open the command prompt window.
- Hit enter key.
- Fill in the command CD Windows-syswow64 and then hit OK tab.
- Next step is to fill in Regsvr32 MSXML3.dll and then hit enter key.
- Fill Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and hit enter tab again.
- Both the .dll files might be successfully registered now.
- To end the process, you need to reboot the QuickBooks software.
Method 6: Using clean install tool
If none of the above steps worked for you, then you can use the clean install tool. You are recommended to have a backup of the data file in a secured place. And then run the tool to fix the error. The steps to be followed here are:
- Firstly, uninstall QuickBooks desktop.
- Press Windows + R keys to view RUN.
- Move to the control panel and also hit OK tab.
- Next step is to choose the programs and features tab.
- Move to programs list, QuickBooks and then click on uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to finish the process.
- And then Rename the installation folders.
- You can download and run QuickBooks clean install tool.
- Then open the QuickBooks clean install exe.
- Choose I accept that is written on the license agreement.
- Select QuickBooks desktop version and then press continue tab.
- Lastly hit OK tab, when the message appears “QuickBooks is ready to do a clean install“.
- Moving ahead, rename QuickBooks desktop installation folders manually.
- Followed by re-installing QuickBooks desktop.
Read this also: Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop
Method 7: Manually fix the error
You can resolve the error manually, using the steps below:
- At first, you need to re-register all the needed files or folders when running the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Reboot the QuickBooks software for checking whether the issue is resolved or not.
- In case the error appears repeatedly, you will have to download and re-install Microsoft’s code XML services.
Once you are done with all of the above procedures, it is expected that the QuickBooks error message C=343 will no longer trouble you. However, if in case the error continues to create nuisance, then it is highly recommended to get in touch with a team of experts and certified ProAdvisors and ask them to fix the error on your behalf. You can contact our QuickBooks enterprise support team using our dedicated support line i.e.,1-800-761-1787. And they will help you resolving the issue with much ease.
Other helpful articles: