Learn how to rectify the QuickBooks crash error while sending an email:
QuickBooks offers a broad spectrum of functionalities to its users with an endeavor to make accounting tasks much easier and hassle-free. While the basic and advanced accountancy and bookkeeping operations form the essential function of this accounting program, this program also allows users to access their banking transactions, print W-2 and W-3 forms, and send emails, including a wide range of other features.
Users have been, however, facing QuickBooks crashing issues while sending invoices and transactions over emails through QuickBooks. In this thorough article, we will be covering the different methodologies to fix the Crash issue when sending email. Thus, keep reading on…
Circumstances wherein QuickBooks may crash while sending Emails
- Attaching a company file to your email
- You attempt to use the Send Forms function in QuickBooks.
The principal causes that might lead to QuickBooks Crashing when sending an Email
The major causes that may cause this QuickBooks Crash Error When Sending Email Error are enlisted in the following lines.
- QuickBooks unable to connect with the email server.
- The Microsoft Windows Components may be damaged. These form the foundation of a seamless QuickBooks functioning.
- Some conflicting third-party programs may obstruct the connection between QuickBooks and the email server.
- The Firewall or anti-virus operating in the background may be impeding your connection.
You may also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189, 816?
Fixes to Prevent QuickBooks Crashing Error When Sending Emails
This QuickBooks error may be dealt with by conforming to the following troubleshooting methods:
Fix 1: Update the QuickBooks program
The first and the most effective fix for dealing with QuickBooks crashing issue while sending emails requires updating the QuickBooks program. The Update can be accomplished by performing the below-given steps:
- In the beginning, open QuickBooks and then click on the Help tab.
- Now, pick the option to Update QuickBooks, followed by hitting the Update Now tab.
- You then need to click on the Reset Update option.
- The next step requires clicking on Get Updates to enunciate the update process.
- When the Update is successfully finished, restart QuickBooks.
Fix 2: Check the Settings for Webmail Preferences
Misconfigured webmail preferences may also lead to QuickBooks desktop crashing. As such, you are supposed to reconfigure settings related to the webmail preferences. The methods for the same are discussed as under:
- Launch QuickBooks and then hit on the Edit menu
- Thereafter, click on Preferences.
- Within preferences, you are supposed to click on the Send Forms option.
- Now, pick your email account in the My Preferences section, followed by hitting on the Edit option.
- You then need to Mark the SSL box.
- The name of the server should necessarily be matching with the Server Name field.
- If the outgoing mail is set as ‘’SMTP. mail.gmail.com’’, you are required to alter the name to intuit.SMTP.mail.gmail.com.
- Once done with the changes, hit on the OK tab.
- Now, relaunch the QuickBooks program and try sending a test mail to yourself. If the crashing persists, head to the Next fix.
Fix 3: Using a Secure Webmail
The procedure for using secure webmail is described as under:
- Open QuickBooks, and then choose the Edit option.
- Following that, click on Preferences, and then choose the option to Send Forms.
- Herein, you are required to pick WebMail
- Thereafter, hit on Add option, and following that, pick the service provider.
- Now, type in your email address correctly.
- Make sure not to unmark the option to Use Enhanced Security.
- Hit on the Ok button.
- Now, open QuickBooks and type in your correct credentials.
Fix 4: Changing Firewall settings
At times, the QuickBooks desktop crashing issue while sending email may also get provoked due to obstruction caused by the Firewall. You should configure the Firewall to make sure that it is not inciting the crashing of QuickBooks desktop. The procedure for the same is given as follows:
- You should, first of all, Add QuickBooks in the Firewall Exceptions.
- Then, set up QuickBooks and Add QuickBooks port exceptions in the Firewall.
- If the above steps don’t fix the crashing issue when sending emails, try to Temporarily disable the Firewall.
The multiple fixes contained in this article for resolving the QuickBooks crash issue when sending emails should be helpful for you. If you need any assistance from our experienced QuickBooks error support professionals, just give us a call at our helpline i.e., +1-800-761-1787.
FAQs related to Emailing Invoices Crashes the Program
There could be a various reasons for QB program crashes, including software bugs, system compatibility issues or conflicts with other installed programs.
To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. At first, verify your email settings in QuickBooks.
2. After that check your internet connection and ensure it’s stable.
3. Next, update QuickBooks to the latest version.
4. Ensure your email provider supports QuickBooks integration.
5. Now temporarily disable antivirus or firewall software.
If the issue persists, you may consider additional steps like:
1. You need to test the email functionality with a different email program.
2. Also, create a new QuickBooks company file to check if the issue is file-specific.
3. Consulting with an IT professional to identify any system-related issues.
More interesting articles: