Learn the simple troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Script Error
QuickBooks accounting software makes handling bookkeeping and accounting extremely easy for small and mid-sized businesses. But like any other computer software QB too has its restrictions. It sometimes receives issues that may prevent you from performing some essential work or cause you to miss deadlines. Now the issues in the software may appear due to a plethora of different reasons.
In this blog post, we are going to educate you about QuickBooks Script Error, which is typically caused by unaccommodating settings of your internet browser. So, Let’s get started! But before that, if you are seeking for expert assistance, then in that case, you can call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787! Our experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to fix the QuickBooks script error for you!
You might also like: How to fix QuickBooks printing issues?
QuickBooks Script Error – Explanation
It happens sometimes, QuickBooks troubles with scripting error like:
“An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error…”
“QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5”
“QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference. “
This error may leave you scratching your head. You typically receive this error popped up on your computer screen while opening your company file. Unlike most of the other QB errors, script error shows no cause of its occurrence. Also, the error message received provides no explanation about this issue. When you try to access a file or attempt to make use of a QuickBooks program, the particular may not load up indicating an issue in the script of that page. Please note that it’s a minor error and has nothing to with the safety of the page. QuickBooks script error can’t damage your files or cause loss of QB data. These errors are generally related to the Internet Explorer and QuickBooks by default uses Internet Explorer’s settings to connect with an internet connection.
What can be reasons of QuickBooks script error?
QuickBooks script error may be triggered by a plethora of different reasons. We have listed some of the most common reasons causing this error below:
- You are trying to import data from a non-existing account.
- Importing an invoice that has different account details from assets or accounts due.
- You may be inserting the account name and number that are already used.
- Corrupted window user can be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks script errors
- In case the QuickBooks data file is damaged, then the user can stumble upon any such error.
- Active X components can also cause script errors
- Malware infection in your system
- The user can also face any such error if the script debugging feature is enabled.
Typically, QuickBooks Script Errors are associated with the settings of your Internet Explorer. QuickBooks by default uses Internet explorer and when you attempt to access a web-page from QuickBooks, the same may refuse to load up or not be of your use particularly. You may also receive a message that may read “A problem has taken place in the script of this page.”
What are the Solutions of QuickBooks Script Error?
There can be various solutions to QuickBooks script error, a few of which will be discussed underneath:
Solution 1: Turning off Notifications for QuickBooks script errors
You must turn off notifications for QuickBooks script errors before instigating the troubleshooting process.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools
- Choose Internet Options and then Advanced tab
- Next, tap on the option to clear the display a notification about all Script errors
- Click OK to save changes
Solution 2: Clear SSL certificates from IE
- The very first step is to select the Gear icon and then from the top select Internet options
- After that click on Clear SSL state tab within the content tab
- And then hit OK to save changes.
Solution 3: Turning off the Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- To begin with, the user is supposed to select the Internet options under the Tools tab in the IE
- And then, click on the Manage Add-ons in the programs tab
- Once done with that, the user will have to select the disable add-on performance notifications tab after clicking on the add-on option
- The last step is to hit OK tab and then exit the IE
Solution 4: Verifying the active scripting and then uninstalling the Active X
The Active X controls are disabled in high-security level in Internet Explorer. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step in this process is to open the Internet Explorer and then move to the Internet options
- After that the user needs select tools option and then hit the security tab
- Now go to the Custom Level option and search the ActiveX controls and plug-ins option
- The last step in the process is to click on the default level and click on OK tab
Uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet explorer
- In order to uninstall and remove ActiveX file, the user needs to first navigate to the options in IE
- And then click on the settings tab
- Also, click on the view objects tab
- The next step is to check all ActiveX files currently installed in the system
- And then locate the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll
- The user is also required to ensure to close all internet explorer running windows and delete the file from the system
Solution 5: Clearing cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser
- The initial step in the process is to open the internet explorer
- And then select the tools option
- After that, the user will have to click on the internet options and then hit the general tab
- The next step in the process is to click on the delete option under the browsing history
- Now, the user will have to check-mark the options such as cookies and website data, history & temporary internet files
- To end the process, hit Apply and OK options respectively
Solution 6: Resetting the default browser to IE
- In order to reset the default browser as IE, the user will have to open the internet explorer
- And then move to the tools
- The next step is to select the internet options
- And click on the advanced tab
- Now select the reset to default option and hit apply and OK to end the process
Solution 7: Disabling Script debugging in browser
The user can opt for disabling the script debugging in the browser, as it can be one of the common factors causing the issue. The steps involved are:
- For this, the user first needs to navigate to the internet options in the internet explorer
- After that, click on advanced tab
- Also, scroll down below to two options
- And then check them and click on apply and OK
Solution 8: Adding Intuit as trusted site
The user can resolve issues by adding Intuit as a trusted site. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- For this particular process, select the gear icon in the internet explorer
- And then, move to the tools section on the internet explorer browser and then visit the security tab
- Also, the user needs to select the trusted sites and then hit sites tab
- Once done with that, enter the https://*.Intuit.com and then click on add tab, in the add this website to the zone field. After that, the user needs to carry out the steps for https://*.quickbooks.com
- Now, click on close and get out of the trusted sites window
- Select the custom level and then scroll down to miscellaneous
- Under the allow cross domain requests, choose enable and hit OK button
- Hit apply and OK tabs to close the internet options window
- Also, reboot the internet explorer and apply changes
Solution 9: Configuring Internet Explorer Browser in Compatibility view
- The user is supposed to open the internet explorer browser and then click on the Gear icon at the top right corner of the screen
- Once done with that, the user needs to choose the tools option and also click on the compatibility view settings
- The next step is to checkmark the box stating Display all website in compatibility view, in the compatibility view settings window
- The last step is to click on the close tab
Read this Also: How to Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop?
The above-mentioned solutions will help you fixing most QuickBooks script errors. If the issue persists, you can reach our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise customer support team for an explanation and troubleshooting of the error.
You can call us at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our team will be there to assist you or will fix the error for you. Thus, do not think much in calling us anytime, as we will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: