Learn the simple troubleshooting steps to fix Script Error while Running QuickBooks Desktop Pro like a Pro:
QuickBooks desktop has sprawled a revolution across small and mid-sized businesses by assisting in the efficient handling of bookkeeping and accounting operations. However, like other computer software, QuickBooks is marred by limitations. It sometimes receives technical issues that may prevent you from performing important tasks or may lead to deferment of your deadlines. Now the issues confronted in this holistic software may appear due to a plethora of different reasons. In this post, we shall apprise you of the QuickBooks Script Error, which is typically caused by unaccommodating settings of your internet browser. So, Let’s proceed ahead!
But before moving ahead, if you are seeking for technical assistance from our experts to fix script error of QuickBooks Desktop Pro, then in that case, you can contact our customer support team.
You might also like: How to fix QuickBooks printing issues?
QuickBooks Script Error – Explanation
It happens sometimes, QuickBooks troubles with scripting error like:
|Script Error||An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error…|
|Script Error||QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5|
|Script Error||QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference.|
This error may be quite annoying, especially when you come across it while engaging in your daily work. This error typically pops up on your computer screen when you attempt to open your company file. Unlike most of the other errors, script error shows no cause of it’s occurrence, and comes unexpectedly. Also the error message received provides no explanation about this issue. When you try to access a file or attempt to make use of the QuickBooks program, the particular may not load up, indicating an issue in the script of that page.
Important: Please note that it’s a minor error and has nothing to with the safety of the page. QuickBooks desktop script error can’t damage your files or cause loss of important data. These errors are generally related to the Internet Explorer and QuickBooks by default uses Internet Explorer’s settings to connect with an internet connection.
What can be reasons of QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021 script error?
QuickBooks desktop script error may trigger due to a plethora of assorted reasons. We have earmarked below some of the most conspicuous reasons causing this error:
- You are attempting to import data from a non-existing account.
- Importing an invoice that has different account details from assets or accounts due.
- You are inserting the account name and number that are already in use.
- Corrupted Window user can be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks script errors.
- Your QuickBooks data file might be damaged.
- Active X components may also incite the script errors.
- Malware infection in your system.
- You can also face any such error if the script debugging feature is enabled.
Typically, QuickBooks desktop script errors are associated with the settings of your Internet Explorer. QuickBooks by default uses Internet explorer and when you attempt to access a web-page from QuickBooks, the same may refuse to load up or not be of your use particularly. You may also receive a message that may read “A problem has taken place in the script of this page.”
Solutions of QuickBooks Desktop Script Error (9 Methods)
There can be various solutions to QuickBooks script error, a few of which will be discussed underneath:
Solution 1: Turning off Notifications for QuickBooks script errors
You must turn off notifications for QuickBooks script errors before commencing with the troubleshooting solution.
- Open Internet Explorer and head to Tools.
- Choose Internet Options and then Advanced tab.
- Subsequently, click on the option to clear the display a notification about all Script errors.
- Lastly, hit a click OK to save changes.
Solution 2: Clear SSL certificates from IE
- Select the Gear icon and then from the top choose Internet options.
- Hit on the Clear SSL state tab within the Content tab.
- Now click on OK to save changes.
Solution 3: Turning off the Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- Select the Internet options under the Tools tab in the IE browser.
- Navigate to the Manage Add-ons option in the Programs tab.
- Once done the foregoing steps, choose the Disable add-on performance notifications tab after clicking on the Add-on option.
- Hit OK tab and then exit the IE browser.
Solution 4: Verifying the active scripting and then uninstalling the Active X
The Active X controls are disabled in high-security level in Internet Explorer. Follow the brief walkthrough provided below:
- Open the Internet Explorer and then head to the Internet options.
- Choose Tools option and then click on the Security tab.
- Go to the Custom Level option and search for the ActiveX controls and plug-ins option.
- The, hit a click on the Default level and click on OK tab.
Uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet explorer:
- In order to uninstall and remove ActiveX file from your system, you need to first navigate to the options in IE.
- Proceed to the Settings tab.
- Next, choose the View objects tab.
- Check all ActiveX files currently installed in the system.
- Search for the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- You are also required to ensure to close all internet explorer running Windows and delete the file from the system.
Solution 5: Clearing cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select the Tools option.
- After that click on the Internet options and then click on the General tab.
- Now choose the Delete option under the browsing history.
- Place a check-mark besides the options such as Cookies and website data, history & temporary internet files.
- End the process by clicking on Apply and OK options respectively.
Solution 6: Resetting the default browser to IE
- In order to reset the default browser as IE, you will have to open Internet Explorer.
- Once the browser is open, move to Tools and then choose the Internet options.
- After that click on the Advanced tab.
- Now select the Reset to default option, followed by clicking on Apply and OK to end the process.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077, or Error PS032?
Solution 7: Disabling Script debugging in browser
You can consider disabling the script debugging in your browser, as it can be one of the potential factor behind the issue. The steps involved to disable Script debugging have bee enumerated as follows:
- Initially, open Internet Explorer.
- After that navigate to the Internet options.
- Now hit on the Advanced tab.
- Subsequently, scroll down below to the two options.
- Check them and click on Apply, followed by clicking on OK.
Solution 8: Adding Intuit as trusted site
You can resolve script errors by adding Intuit as a trusted site. This can be accomplished by conforming to the steps given below:
- Access the Internet Explorer browser and choose the Gear icon.
- Head to the Tools section and then proceed to the Security tab.
- Choose the Trusted sites section and then hit Sites tab.
- Once done with that, enter the https://*.Intuit.com and subsequently, click on Add tab, in the Add this website to the zone field. After that, you need to carry out similar steps for https://*.quickbooks.com.
- Hit a click on close and get out of the Trusted sites window.
- Choose Custom level and then scroll down to Miscellaneous.
- Under the allow cross domain requests, choose Enable and hit OK button.
- Hit apply and OK tabs in order to close the Internet options window.
- Finally, restart the Internet explorer browser and Apply changes.
Solution 9: Configuring Internet Explorer Browser in Compatibility view
- Initially, open the Internet explorer browser and then click on the Gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- After that choose the Tools option and also click on the Compatibility view settings.
- Checkmark the box stating Display intranet in compatibility view, in the compatibility View settings window.
- Finally, hit on the Close tab.
Read this Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Banking Error 185?
We hope that the above-mentioned solutions must have assisted you in fixing QuickBooks desktop script errors. If still the issue continues to linger, we advise you to reach out to our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise customer support team for assistance related to all your QB-related issues.
Connect with us using our dedicated helpline: 1-800-761-1787, and our support team will be there to assist you or will fix the error for you. Don’t think much in calling us anytime, as we will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: