Learn the simple troubleshooting steps to fix Script Error while Running QuickBooks Desktop Pro like a Pro:
QuickBooks accounting software makes handling bookkeeping and accounting extremely easy for small and mid-sized businesses. But like any other computer software QuickBooks too has its restrictions. It sometimes receives issues that may prevent you from performing some essential work or cause you to miss deadlines. Now the issues in the software may appear due to a plethora of different reasons. In this blog post, we are going to educate you about QuickBooks Script Error, which is typically caused by unaccommodating settings of your internet browser. So, Let’s get started!
But before that, if you are seeking for expert assistance to fix script error of QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021, then in that case, you can connect with our accounting experts.
You might also like: How to fix QuickBooks printing issues?
QuickBooks Script Error – Explanation
It happens sometimes, QuickBooks troubles with scripting error like:
“An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error…”
“QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5”
“QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference. “
This error may leave you scratching your head. You typically receive this error popped up on your computer screen while opening your company file. Unlike most of the other errors, script error shows no cause of it’s occurrence. Also the error message received provides no explanation about this issue. When you try to access a file or attempt to make use of a QuickBooks program, the particular may not load up indicating an issue in the script of that page.
Important: Please note that it’s a minor error and has nothing to with the safety of the page. QuickBooks desktop script error can’t damage your files or cause loss of important data. These errors are generally related to the Internet Explorer and QuickBooks by default uses Internet Explorer’s settings to connect with an internet connection.
What can be reasons of QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2021 script error?
QuickBooks script error may be triggered by a plethora of different reasons. We have listed some of the most common reasons causing this error below:
- You are trying to import data from a non-existing account.
- Importing an invoice that has different account details from assets or accounts due.
- You may be inserting the account name and number that are already used.
- Corrupted Window user can be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks script errors.
- In case the QuickBooks data file is damaged, then you can stumble upon any such error.
- Active X components can also cause script errors.
- Malware infection in your system.
- You can also face any such error if the script debugging feature is enabled.
Typically, QuickBooks desktop script errors are associated with the settings of your Internet Explorer. QuickBooks by default uses Internet explorer and when you attempt to access a web-page from QuickBooks, the same may refuse to load up or not be of your use particularly. You may also receive a message that may read “A problem has taken place in the script of this page.”
Solutions of QuickBooks Desktop Script Error (9 Methods)
There can be various solutions to QuickBooks script error, a few of which will be discussed underneath:
Solution 1: Turning off Notifications for QuickBooks script errors
You must turn off notifications for QuickBooks script errors before instigating the troubleshooting process.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools.
- Choose Internet Options and then Advanced tab.
- Next, tap on the option to clear the display a notification about all Script errors.
- Click OK to save changes.
Solution 2: Clear SSL certificates from IE
- Select the Gear icon and then from the top select Internet options.
- Click on Clear SSL state tab within the content tab.
- Hit OK to save changes.
Solution 3: Turning off the Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- Select the Internet options under the Tools tab in the IE.
- Hit a click on the Manage Add-ons in the programs tab.
- Once done with that, you will have to select the disable add-on performance notifications tab after clicking on the add-on option.
- Hit OK tab and then exit the IE.
Solution 4: Verifying the active scripting and then uninstalling the Active X
The Active X controls are disabled in high-security level in Internet Explorer. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- Open the Internet Explorer and then move to the Internet options.
- Select tools option and then hit the security tab.
- Go to the Custom Level option and search the ActiveX controls and plug-ins option.
- Hit a click on the default level and click on OK tab.
Uninstall or remove the ActiveX file in Internet explorer:
- In order to uninstall and remove ActiveX file, you need to first navigate to the options in IE.
- Hit a click on the settings tab.
- Next, hit a click on the view objects tab.
- Check all ActiveX files currently installed in the system.
- Locate the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- You are also required to ensure to close all internet explorer running windows and delete the file from the system.
Solution 5: Clearing cache data folder of Microsoft Internet Explorer or the default browser
- Open the internet explorer.
- Select the tools option.
- Click on the internet options and then hit the general tab.
- Now hit a click on the delete option under the browsing history.
- Check-mark the options such as cookies and website data, history & temporary internet files.
- To end the process, hit Apply and OK options respectively.
Solution 6: Resetting the default browser to IE
- In order to reset the default browser as IE, you will have to open the internet explorer.
- Move to the tools and then choose the internet options.
- Click on the advanced tab.
- Now select the reset to default option and hit apply and OK to end the process.
Read this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077, or Error PS032?
Solution 7: Disabling Script debugging in browser
You can opt for disabling the script debugging in the browser, as it can be one of the common factors causing the issue. The steps involved are:
- Navigate to the internet options in the internet explorer.
- Click on advanced tab.
- Also, scroll down below to two options.
- Check them and click on apply and OK.
Solution 8: Adding Intuit as trusted site
You can resolve issues by adding Intuit as a trusted site. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- For this particular process, select the gear icon in the internet explorer.
- Move to the tools section on the internet explorer browser and then visit the security tab.
- Choose the trusted sites and then hit sites tab.
- Once done with that, enter the https://*.Intuit.com and then click on add tab, in the add this website to the zone field. After that, you need to carry out the steps for https://*.quickbooks.com.
- Click on close and get out of the trusted sites window.
- Select the custom level and then scroll down to miscellaneous.
- Under the allow cross domain requests, choose enable and hit OK button.
- Hit apply and OK tabs to close the internet options window.
- At last, reboot the internet explorer and apply changes.
Solution 9: Configuring Internet Explorer Browser in Compatibility view
- Initially, open the internet explorer browser and then click on the Gear icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose the tools option and also click on the compatibility view settings.
- Checkmark the box stating Display intranet in compatibility view, in the compatibility view settings window.
- Final step is to hit a click on the close tab.
Read this Also: How to Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop?
The above-mentioned solutions will help you fixing QuickBooks desktop script errors. If still the issue persists, you can reach our 24×7 QuickBooks enterprise customer support team for an explanation and troubleshooting of the error.
Connect with us using our dedicated helpline: 1-800-761-1787, and our support team will be there to assist you or will fix the error for you. Don’t think much in calling us anytime, as we will be happy to help you!
Other helpful articles: