QuickBooks Error OL-334 is a common banking setup and connection error that can be seen due to poor internet connection. It generally indicates that there is an issue with the user’s bank that they might have rolled out some of the improvements to their offering related to the admin, web connector the direct connect.
Getting rid of this error is easy, if you are aware of the steps that can be followed. In this article, we will be talking about the steps and procedures along with the causes to fix the QuickBooks error OL-334. So keep read on!
What leads to QuickBooks OL-334 bank errors in QuickBooks?
- The very first reason can be a discontinued adaptation of Windows or QuickBooks desktop might lead to this problem.
- Another reason – Check with your bank to see if they might have rolled out some improvements.
- You are having an inactive bank accounts empowered for online banking in QuickBooks.
- You might also face this issue with arranging the download or import.
- Users also get this issue with the bank servers or with the internet service provider used by them.
Pre-requisites to keep in mind before proceeding further
- Re-check if there is an active internet connection. In case already connected, then verify the firewall and internet security settings to continue.
- You will have to confirm that you are using a supported version of QuickBooks and the internet explorer.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks desktop is updated to the latest release.
- Contact the bank to verify the account information and that the bank is not experiencing any outages at that moment.
You may also see: Move your QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online
Steps you need to fix the QuickBooks error OL-334
You can perform the below steps to get rid of the QuickBooks error OL-334. Let us have a look:
Step 1: Enable the TLS 1.2 Security Protocol if available
- Under this, you need to open the Internet explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge browser and ensure that the latest version is installed.
- Next step is to click on the Gear icon.
- And move to the Internet options and click on Advanced tab.
- In the Security section move down.
- Uncheck the USE TLS 1.0 and mark USE TLS 1.2
- Now click on apply and hit OK tab and close the programs.
- The last step is to reboot the system.
Step 2: Create a new test company file
- The first step is to select and Click new company and click on Express start from the QuickBooks company file menu.
- Add a Bank account. In the newly created test company and then set up the account for Bank feeds.
- Next step is to Download bank feed transactions to test the account.
- Lastly, if the same error occurs, then there will be an error with the bank.
Step 3: Run the account set up with the ctrl key
- At first, create a backup of QuickBooks company file.
- Check for the Inactive account in QuickBooks file.
- Deactivate the account for Online services.
- The last step is to run Bank feeds setup again and have to press and hold the Ctrl key.
Read it also: How to fix QuickBooks Crash Catcher Error in Mac?
Step 4: Create a new account and merge the accounts
- You will have to right click and click on Edit account.
- Highlight the Account name and click on Copy.
- Enter an asterisk (*) at the end of the account name.
- Click on the Bank feed settings and click on Deactivate all online services tab.
- Next step is to click on Save and close.
- Hit a click on Chart of accounts to create a new account.
- Close and reopen the company file and click on Chart of accounts then choose Edit account.
- Remove the (*)asterisk and right click the Account to choose and click on Save and Close.
- When asked click on Yes and Set up an account for bank feeds.
- Download transactions to newly merged account.
Step 5: Deactivate all accounts
At the bottom, you will get an option that says chart of accounts, choose the include in active checkbox and click on deactivate bank feeds
After you are thorough with the above steps, you might be able to get rid of the QuickBooks error code OL-334. However, if the error persists even after performing the steps above, then in that case, contact our technical professionals using our toll-free i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks error support team will ensure to come up with the most effective solutions for you.
Read also these articles;