All that you need to know about the printing problems in QuickBooks desktop
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software, that is being used by small and medium sized businesses. This application can be called a game changer in the field of accounting, as it has made workflow far easier. QuickBooks desktop is packed with many advanced features like inventory management, payments etc. and they also save a lot of productive time inducing business growth.
However, as QuickBooks is software the users do face errors while running it on their system. In most cases the errors can be easily fixed, but at times expert guidance is required. One of the common problems is QuickBooks won’t print or QuickBooks is not printing and these errors does affect the workflow. In this article we will in detail discuss about this error and the ways to resolve it. Thus, stick to the article till the end and read it carefully. However, if you want to save some time and efforts, or want experts to fix this error for you, then feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will be there to assist you in a single call.
You may also like: How to solve QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
What are QuickBooks Printing problems?
Printing from QuickBooks is one of the most essential and also one of the most admired features of QB software. At times, the users might encounter printing issues in QuickBooks desktop, which could happen due to missing or corrupt component in QuickBooks. Or any kind of issue with the printer or system might also end up in QuickBooks unable to print errors. There can be numerous types of printing issues, and also a plenty of causes behind every issue that are discussed later in this article.
Types of Printing Problems
|QuickBooks is not responding||PDF Converter shows offline||Unable to save as .pdf file||Could not print to printer|
|The user is unable to print directly to the QuickBooks PDF converter||Not able to print Invoices or Cheques||QuickBooks Enterprise unable to print||1099 form printing problems|
|QB could not save your form or reports as a .pdf||Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working||Error 1722 or 1801 when installing PDF Converter||QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts|
|QuickBooks Printing problem checks||Unrecoverable error||Print Problem on MAC||The device is not ready|
|Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing pdf file component.||There is a problem connecting to your currently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on XPS port.||Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working.||QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41.|
Causes behind QuickBooks Won’t Print problem
Printing via QuickBooks is generally used for several purposes. QuickBooks won’t print error hinders the smooth process, and the causes behind this can be many. Below we have listed a few of the most common causes of printing issues. Let us check them out:
- QuickBooks is not connected properly to the printer or QB facing issue in connecting to Microsoft XPS Document Writer
- System freezes at the time when the user was saving the PDF for syncing issues
- Missing XPS printer driver can also be one of the reasons behind the occurrence of this kind of issue
- PDF converter activation error can also be one of the reasons
- Missing or damaged QB PDF component might also turn into QuickBooks printing issues
- QuickBooks is unable to print directly to PDF converter
- Error 1722 or 1801, if ignored can become a reason behind the occurrence of printing issues
- QB doesn’t convert to print, due to communication issues
Important points to remember before you begin with the troubleshooting process
Before you begin with the troubleshooting process to fix the printer issues you have to keep in mind the below pointers:
- Ensure that QuickBooks has the latest version
- Also make sure that the printer is connected to the system and it should also have the printing software.
- Another factor to ensure is that the correct printer driver is installed and also make sure that there are no connectivity issues between the system and printer.
- Also, check whether you are able to print outside QuickBooks.
Also check: Is your printer local or on a network?
Local: If your printer is local, then the issue might be within the system/printer setup itself. The user needs to authenticate whether there is a connection between the system and the printer. Also, the user needs to refer to the printer manufacturer’s troubleshooting for any assistance in near future.
Network: In case the printer is on a network, then the user needs to verify the network settings are set-up in a proper manner. Also, the user needs to consult the printer manufacturer for further help.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123?
Ways to fix the Printing Issues in QuickBooks desktop
Checkout the following ways to troubleshoot the printing issues in QuickBooks desktop:
Method 1: Check your Printer
You can take a printout in Notepad to check if QuickBooks can print outside:
- First thing to do is click on Start Window Key and then search for Notepad
- Then write something on the Notepad and choose file and then Print
- After this you will have to select the right printer and then click on Print option.
- If this doesn’t work out, then in that case you have to try the next method
Method 2: Print a Test Page
- Firstly you need to close the printer, then reboot your computer and then turn on the printer again
- Make sure that the printer papers are loaded correctly on the tray.
- Now you have to press the Windows Start Key and then select the Control Panel
- After this you have to double click on Printers and Faxes option
- In case, the printer shows offline then you have to right-click on the printer and select Use Printer Online
- Now you have to double click on the printer icon to open it
- If any print jobs are displayed in the queue, then in that case you have to select Cancel All Documents files.
- Now close the Window
- Right click on the printer and choose Properties and then select to Print Test Page
- If Print Test page works out, then you take a printout using word-pad.
Method 3: Rename the Printing File
- First you have to right-click on the .qbp file for your QuickBooks version.
- After that rename the file by adding the word old to the file name (i.e. QBPrint.qbp.old)
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the File menu to Select Printer Setup.
- Choose any transaction in the Form Name list in order to make a new QBprint.qbp file.
- Once don select OK button.
- After this make an attempt to open and print any transaction.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool, from the tool hub program
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The user can fix a bunch of QB errors with the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub program. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- The very first step is to close QuickBooks
- After that download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file. And then save the file somewhere the user can easily spot it (like the downloads folder or the windows desktop)
- Now, open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- And then carry out the onscreen instructions to install and then agree to the terms and conditions
- Lastly, when the install finishes, the user needs to double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 15270?
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, the user needs to run the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool
- For this, the user needs to select the program problems in the QuickBooks tool hub
- And then choose the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair tool. It might take around a minute to run
- And then, the user needs to print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks desktop again
To diagnose and fix the printing issues you can run the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The first step is to locate the QBPrint.qbp file on the system that is facing trouble with printing in QuickBooks.
- And then, rename the file manually by prefixing any word.
- The file location on windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 will be: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- And moreover, if the user is unable to locate the file, then it is important to ensure to unhide the hidden files and folders.
- The next step in the process is to right click the QBPrint.qbp to rename it.
- After that, the user needs to open QuickBooks and the company file, a new qbprint.qbp will be created on its own.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to open a transaction that you had a problem in creating PDF in QuickBooks or troubles printing with QuickBooks, in order to check whether it work or not.
- The last step is to try to print from QB sample company file to confirm, if it was problem with the company file.
Method 5: Verify that the printer is correct one
- In QuickBooks accounting software, the user needs to select File, and then select Printer Setup option.
- After that, the user needs to select the form to be printed.
- The next step in the process is to match the printer name with the printer which is in use. In case it doesn’t match, then make sure to correct the setup within the system’s printer setup.
- After that click Help in the area for detailed instruction.
- The user is then required to make an attempt to print using a different printer in the Printer setup.
- In QuickBooks, the user needs to select File, and then click on the Printer Setup.
- The next step in the process is to select the form to be printed.
- And then select a different printer. The user can opt for Microsoft XP printer.
- Also, the user needs to select Help option for more detailed instructions.
- After that, the user needs to print a different form or, in case the user is using customized forms or memorized reports, then the user needs to make an attempt for standard form or report.
- If the user is trying to print a batch of forms in QuickBooks, then it is recommended to attempt to print a single form. If the last attempt turns out to be successful, then make sure to use resolve data damage on the company file to fix any data damage in the file and then attempt to print again.
- Also, move to the selective startup mode. In case the issue continues, make sure to carry out a reinstall QuickBooks for windows with the help of the clean install tool.
Method 6: Reset your temp folder permissions
If you still get the print issues then we recommend you to reboot your computer system and try again to print the file. If it still fails, try to reset your temp folder permissions.
Follow the below given steps to check the folder permissions to the TEMP folder:
- At first, Press the Windows key + R keys to open the RUN command.
- After that type %TEMP% on Run box and press Enter key on your keyboard.
- Hit a right-click on an empty area of the temp folder, and choose Properties option and then choose the Security tab.
- Make sure that you have full control of all usernames and groups showing on the Security tab.
- Now you can save as a PDF again within your QuickBooks once the permissions have been set to Full Control,
The above-mentioned steps can effectively resolve the printing issues in QuickBooks. However, if the problem still persists, then you can seek assistance from the QuickBooks enterprise technical support team at 1-800-761-1787 who are available 24/7.
Our support team will not only come up with a quick solution, but also will guide you to avoid such issues in the near future. Thus, contact us today!