Get familiar with the assorted ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15270: Payroll update did not complete successfully:
The benefits offered by the QuickBooks software are incalculable and far-reaching. This impeccable software has undoubtedly made tedious accounting and bookkeeping tasks much more easier and efficient. The robust software assists you to organize your finances, track performance, import data from Excel and other spreadsheets, and prepare taxes. But while this holistic software comes with so many amazing features, it is prone to innumerable technical errors like any other computer software. While many QuickBooks errors can be easily fixed by following the prompts on the screen or carrying out some basic troubleshooting, some require the attention of technical experts.
While downloading your QuickBooks payroll updates, are you constantly being obstructed by the Error 15270? In this post, we shall discuss QuickBooks Error Code 15270 and the various facets associated with it. We encourage you to perform the steps provided in this article or, if you can’t do it on your own, call our QuickBooks error support line at 1-800-761-1787 (toll-free). Our experts will assist you in fixing this error. Help from our side is available round the clock.
You might also see: What is QuickBooks error 1330 and how to fix it?
Overview of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15270
QuickBooks Error 15270 is an update error that usually shows up when you try to download the payroll updates or set up a file. Another situation that triggers this snag is when an Intuit product runs during the Windows start-up process or at the time of installing Windows Operating system. This error requires your immediate attention or else it may get harder to fix. There are several facts associated with this error code, which we will discuss further in this post.
When this error occurs, a message will appear on your screen which will say.
|Payroll Update||[Error 15270] The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.|
|Error 15270:||When Downloading the Latest Payroll Update|
Contributory Causes leading to the QuickBooks Error Code 15270
There may be various reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 15270. Some of the most prominent ones are enlisted below:
- All the active programs on the desktop crash for some reason.
- An incomplete QuickBooks installation process may also lead to the such problems.
- Your account settings may be turned on and block the internet connection, leading to this error in QuickBooks.
- The Windows program is either corrupted or infected.
- A Firewall may be blocking the server communication or an Incorrect QuickBooks update may also be a potential reason behind this error.
- Poor Internet Connectivity can be a major deterrence in the seamless functioning of QuickBooks and may lead to a wide range of error codes in QuickBooks including Error code 15270.
- Another cause of this error may be the Internet Explorer browser not being your default browser.
How to Avoid QuickBooks Error 15270?
Before you start with the steps to fix the issue, you should get your hands on the possible ways in which this error can be avoided. Let us check out those pointers:
- It should be noted that the update file can be downloaded easily and you will have to confirm it by clicking the update complete tab, at the time when the update process ends.
- You can also start the QuickBooks software and then apply the necessary changes according to the requirements.
- In order to avoid this error, you should ensure to have the updated and genuine version of QuickBooks.
- Or else, you can reboot the system and can visit the QuickBooks update service window, and then click on the install later option to tackle the payroll update file-related errors.
Get rid of the QuickBooks Error 15270 (When Downloading the Payroll Updates)
Having sailed across the causes and preventive measures for the QuickBooks Error Code 15270, let us now delve into the solutions for troubleshooting the error code. Check out the following steps below to resolve this payroll update error. It is pertinent that you go through each of the below-mentioned solutions with utmost observance.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Try the Manual Updation of QuickBooks Payroll Restarting your computer
The first troubleshooting procedure recommended by our experts is to restart your system and then update the QuickBooks Payroll. To accomplish this task, give heed to the following directions:
- You are first required to restart your computer and then Restart QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks Update Service, hit on the Install Later option.
- Head to the ‘Help’ icon and then, choose the Update QuickBooks option.
- In the Update QuickBooks tab hit on the Update Now option.
- Confirm the reset update by hitting OK.
- After the completion of the update, the Get Updates button activates.
- Subsequently, a pop-up message will appear as Update Complete. Follow it up by Restarting QuickBooks.
- If the QuickBooks Update Service appears again, choose the Install Now option.
- Search and choose the Employees tab, followed by hitting on the Get Payroll Updates option.
- Install Payroll updates again and choose Download entire payroll update
- At last, choose the Update option.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Running the ”Reboot.bat” file
When a user runs the reboot.bat files, then it re-registers the QuickBooks related ‘.DLL‘ and ‘.OCX‘ files in Microsoft Windows. Follow the steps below:
- Initially, you need to turn off QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that open the folder which has the Reboot.bat file.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon and choose Properties.
- Next, choose Open file Location.
- Right-click on the Reboot.bat file and choose Run as administrator.`
- A window will appear with the file names. The window will close automatically after the completion of the process.
Read Also: Steps to open .QBW file without QuickBooks
Troubleshooting Method 3: Perform a clean install of QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the preceding steps resolve the error, opt for the clean installation of the QuickBooks Desktop. Users can use the clean install tools and fix the issue and then, do the clean installation process.
- In the inception, Uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Afterward, Rename the folders.
- Follow it up by reinstalling the software.
Check if the error got resolved or not.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Double-check the Identification number
QuickBooks Error 15270 can occur if the identification number is incorrect. Ensure that you have put the right employee identification number (EIN). It happens if the social security number or service key is incorrect.
Read this also: How to solve QuickBooks error 6189, 816?
Troubleshooting Method 5: Setting Internet Explorer as your default web browser
Intuit recommends using Internet Explorer as the default browser to configure QuickBooks. If it is not set as the default browser, then Error 15270 may pop up. A user can set it as default by following the steps below:
Steps for Windows 11, 10, and 8 users:
- In the search bar of Window, search for App Defaults.
- Find Web Browser and Set Internet Explorer as the Default app.
Steps for Windows 7 users
- Open the Internet Options menu.
- After that select the Programs tab.
- Now under the Default Web Browser, hit a click on Make Internet Explorer the Default Browser button.
Troubleshooting Method 6: Disabling User Account Control (UAC)
For Windows 7 and Vista:
- At the start, press the Win + R keys to open the run box.
- Afterward, type in the Control panel in the run command and then hit the OK option.
- Once done with that, hit on User accounts.
- And then, click on the Change user account control settings.
- The next step involves moving the slider to the Never Notify option and then hit OK.
For Windows 10 and later
- Click on the Windows Start tab and then head to the Control panel.
- After that, if it fails to select, then choose the Classic view as located on the left-hand side.
- Now, double-click on the User accounts.
- Subsequently, click on and Turn user account control ON or OFF.
- The next step is to clear the User account control which helped protect the desktop as well as the software and in the end click on the OK tab.
- Upon implementation of the foregoing steps, reboot the system.
- In the culmination, restart the QuickBooks software and reopen the company file.
You may also see: Check the solution of QuickBooks error code 12, 0
Troubleshooting Method 7: Using the ”Quick fix my program” feature
- In the inception, Download the QuickBooks tools hub, and then head to the downloads by hitting the Ctrl + J keys.
- Afterward, you need to double-click the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe.
- And then, carry out the on-screen instructions, in order to install it.
- Once done with that, open the QuickBooks tools hub from the desktop.
- Followed by moving to the Program problems tab and then clicking on Quick Fix my Program.
- The process might take some time.
- After the process completes, you need to Restart the QuickBooks desktop software.
- And then, if the QuickBooks update services message comes up, then in that case click on Install now option.
Troubleshooting Method 8: Verify whether your subscription is active
- For basic, standard, or enhanced payroll, you first need to click on the Employees tab and then click on My Payroll Service followed by Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences. After that, sign in to the Intuit Account using your credentials to see the QuickBooks payroll account maintenance page and then check if the subscription is active.
- For assisted payroll, hit on the Employees tab and then choose the My Payroll Service followed by Account Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences. After the QuickBooks payroll account maintenance opens up, you should close the screen to verify the update immediately and then Verify the payroll service again.
Troubleshooting Method 9: Install QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
- First of all, ensure that your QuickBooks subscription is active (if not verified in Method 8)
- In Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll application: Choose Employees tab, followed by the My Payroll Service. Afterward, proceed to the Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences files.
- Sign in to the Intuit Account, check the ‘QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance’ page and subscription activity.
- Now, make Internet Explorer the default browser.
- Afterward, disable the User Account Control icon.
- Choose the Repair QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Lastly, choose the Selective Startup to proceed with the clean installation process. Follow the steps below;
- The first step requires you to open the Run window from the Start menu. The same can be opened by simultaneous clicking of the Windows and R keyboard keys.
- Now, type ‘MSConfig‘ within the Run box. In the System Configuration window that shows on the screen, opt for Selective Startup followed by hitting on Apply. Now, restart the system for accessing the Advanced Boot Options.
- Another easier alternative (though it doesn’t work on all systems) is to restart your system, and then keep pressing the F8 key on your keyboard constantly. This shortcut method can also take you to the Boot options.
- Within the Boot screen, opt for Safe mode with Networking option.
- When the desktop screen shows up, Restart QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks Update Service, hit on the Install Later option.
- Now, hit on the Help menu and proceed with the process to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Troubleshooting Method 10: Verifying EIN and Service key
When you are using social security numbers instead of employer identification numbers, then such an error, or if you haven’t registered a service key. You would have to verify these items on the QuickBooks desktop.
Read it also: How to Customize Reports in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac?
So this brings us to the conclusion of this article. We hope that the various troubleshooting methods listed in the foregoing sections helped you in fixing QuickBooks Error 5270. In case you have any queries or face any impediment while performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this post – please contact us immediately at our payroll dedicated support line i.e. 1(800)761-1787.
We are a team of certified experts with years of experience in fixing accounting-related issues. With our advanced tools and technology, we are able to fix a wide range of accounting issues within minutes so that you can resume your work.
People also searched: