Here is the complete guide to identify and fix the QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks is an excellent accounting tool that gives its user the edge to complete all the financial settlements without any error. The software is user-friendly and offers a handful of benefits, especially to small and medium-sized businesses. Some of the benefits of QB Desktop include the utilization of advanced reporting features, creation of bills and sales invoices, and easy management of taxes. But, despite all these, there are some errors and bugs that may hamper the productivity of the user. One of these errors is the QuickBooks Abort Error. This article will discuss what QuickBooks Abort Error in detail, including its symptoms and solutions.
Thus, read this article carefully till the end. However, if you are short of time, then an alternative for you can be to consult a QuickBooks error technical support team of professionals, who can help you with resolving this error within least possible time. You can simply ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and we will be there to rectify the error for permanently.
You might also like: Troubleshooting steps of QuickBooks error 80070057
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
Just like other common QB Errors, QuickBooks Abort error can also impact the productivity of the organizations using it. The error is primarily caused because of a file that is damaged such as QBWUSER.INI. It can lead to system crashes etc. Another big issue that this error presents its users with is that it can corrupt files as it makes the system crash while the files are being saved. Several other operations are delayed and users have to face the lag in other to complete simple tasks.
When this error occur you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“The connection to the company files has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered”
What are the reasons behind QuickBooks Abort Error?
Being an error that is common among the users and is expected to appear quite regularly, QuickBooks Abort Error has a handful of reasons for occurring. So, here is the list of one of the most common reasons behind this error:
- Users on a multi-user mode network are using different versions of QuickBooks Desktop
- Several computers on the same network are configured to host the QuickBooks Company file.
- Windows power management settings are activated in hibernation mode or sleep mode, hence causing the system to sleep at unexpected timings and, thus, the crashing of the software.
- As mentioned earlier, the primary cause of this error is nothing but QBWUSER.INI being missing or damaged.
- It can happen in case the QB Company file is present on a portable drive another computer or on an entirely different network and the connection is being interrupted due to the storage or bandwidth of the device.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Abort Error?
It is essential for a user to be able to determine the error when its symptoms appear on the device. So, here are some of the symptoms that you might encounter when your device is dealing with the issue of QuickBooks Abort Error:
- This error causes the random crashing of the system
- The user might experience frequent shutdowns and that too without any error message
- In windows 8, specifically, the QuickBooks Desktop gets terminated out of nowhere
- The software freezes regularly and it shuts down the whole program automatically.
- You may see QuickBooks unrecoverable error message with an error description.
- The program will be aborted and there is also a chance of Fatal App Exit.
Methods to Fix the QuickBooks Abort Error
As we have now discussed the causes as well as the symptoms of this QuickBooks Abort error, let us discuss some of the methods with which we can fix the error:
Method #1: Disable the Antivirus program and Windows defender
For Antivirus program
- Users require access to the antivirus software, once logged in, visit the settings of the program
- Here, search for the option to disable the program and click on it.
- Save the changes and restart the device.
For Windows Defender
- Click on the typing space beside the windows icon, and type Window Defender
- Click on the very first option that appears on the list,
- Search for the option with which you can disable the Windows Defender.
- Once done, Save the changes and restart the device.
Read also: How to fix QuickBooks error code 12002?
Method #2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, from QuickBooks Tool Hub
To resolve QuickBooks abort error you need to use QuickBooks Tool Hub which can help you to resolve common QB errors.
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First of all, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save the file to your system.
- After that open the file you downloaded named with QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Noe just follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation completes, open the tool hub by hitting double-click on the tool hub icon.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, from tools hub
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- In the tool hub, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- After that choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from here and run it. (Note: This toll may take up to 20 minutes or lesser that it.)
- Once the QBinstall diagnostic tool successfully scanned and fixed the problem, reboot your computer.
- Now, launch the desktop version of QuickBooks to complete the process.
Method #3: Renaming the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file
- Start with locating the folder where the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file is saved
- In case the file is not located even after searching the storage, check whether the hidden files and folder option is disabled or not, if it is not disabled then disable the option and apply the setting.
- Now, once the file is located, right-click on the file and select the Rename option
- Click on the text box after the filename and add ‘. odd’
- Once done, the user will have to rename both the entitlement data store and ‘.ecml’ file‘
- After all the files are renamed, open any company file to complete the process.
Method #4: Checking the hosting status of QuickBooks software
- In this method, the user needs to visit the files menu
- And then, click on the Utilities option.
- After that, the user needs to click on the stop hosting to multi-user access.
- Followed by opening the company file on the multi-user mode.
- Lastly, the user needs to look for the check-mark in box stating “open file in multi-user mode” and you are good to go.
Method #5: Use QuickBooks file doctor tool
- In order to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool, the user will have to download it first.
- And then, save the file on the system.
- The next step is to open the file downloaded earlier. It should be noted that the file can be found as QBFD.exe.
- Once done with that, the user needs to carry out the on-screen prompts and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- The tool will run automatically or launch it by double clicking it.
See Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code H505?
Method #6 Run verify and rebuild data utility
- The first step is to open QuickBooks desktop and select the file menu. After that click on the utilities option, along with that click on verify data.
- In case no error message gets displayed after verifying the data, then no need to run the rebuild tool.
- However, if the error message stating “Your data has lost integrity” appears on the screen, then the user will be required to repair the damaged data file.
- The next step is to select the utilities option under the file menu and then click on the rebuild data option
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on OK tab on the backup company file popup window.
- And then, select a location on the system to save the backup of the company file and then hit OK button.
- After the backup file is successful saved on the desktop, the data rebuild process will begin.
- The last step is to restore the backup of the company file, by selecting backup option from the file menu.
We hope that this article helped you to tackle QuickBooks Abort Error on your device. In case you are experiencing the same error message even after going through all the above-mentioned methods, you should immediately contact our QuickBooks Support team for quick and precise solutions.
You can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and our executives will be there to assist you in a single call.
Topics you may like: