Understand the possible causes and ways to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception TypeError: Unknown name
QuickBooks, in last couple of years, has gained immense popularity among small and medium sized business. It is widely considered as most effective and top accounting software includes features like monitoring cash flow, preparing taxes, and tracking productivity that ensure smooth operations for any sort of organization. But despite being and innovative and robust accounting application, QuickBooks still receives some inevitable technical errors. While certain issues can be fixed by simply complying the prompts that appear on the screen, some may be complex and require intervention of an expert. We’re here to provide you some functional and foolproof solutions of the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 problem that you might not be able to solve by yourself.
In this blog post, we’re going to discuss QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085. This type of error typically occurs when you launch your QuickBooks desktop. Apart from providing you with troubleshooting ways to fix this issue, we are also going to tell you about the causes and tips to prevent it. So read this article till the end. If you have any queries, you can ask them to our professionals by calling us at 1-800-761-1787 (toll-free). Our enterprise support experts and certified professionals will resolve the issue for you within minutes.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
We reckon that it will be ideal for you learn a little about QuickBooks web connector before performing the troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks error QBWC1085. The Web Connector is basically an application developed by Microsoft that enables data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop and QBO hosted on the web fast and seamless. The web connector, like any other software, can receive bugs and errors.
This web connector is web-based application for Windows users that also allows the web services to exchange data with QuickBooks desktop products. Web connector and QuickBooks desktop use the same local network and qbXML and qbposXML are allowed to pass between QB financial software or QuickBooks point of sale (POS) and web-based application. This error usually occurs when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets corrupted or damaged.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Event log Error 4?
Steps for Adding new web service with QuickBooks web connector
Well, the process to add a new web service with QuickBooks web connector doesn’t involve any rocket science. .QWC extension files open on their own with QBWC, and they are the XML files. It should be noted that the web connector works with all QB desktop software that are supported by the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK.
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks financial software
- Enterprise solutions
- Premier 2002 and later versions
- Pro 2002 and later versions
- QuickBooks point of sale
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks pro, premier, and enterprise
- Also, the UK editions of Pro and accounting edition of QuickBooks
Why QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1085 occurs?
The QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085 is one of the most common error that is reported in QuickBooks community by the users. The error happens when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged or is by chance corrupted. In our blog we will in details discuss about the causes and solution to this error.
The error code QBWX1085 comes up with error codes stating as:
|QBWC1085:||QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.|
|QBWC1085:||There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.|
|Exception TypeError:||Unknown name|
What may lead to QBWC1085 error in QuickBooks Desktop
This error is mainly caused due the reasons that are mentioned below:
- When the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector gets damaged because of some reason.
- When you are unable to access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector.
- This kind of error can occur, if the QuickBooks is not able to write the web connector log file.
- In case you didn’t connect to the third-party programs with QuickBooks, then this kind of error could be seen.
- Any kind of damage to the components of the QB web connector might end up in this kind of error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Users can encounter the below-listed signs and symptoms along with the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085.
- If the functions of the web connector program are not working accordingly.
- Another symptom of this error can be that the QuickBooks is not functioning in a proper manner.
- In case QuickBooks desktop freezes for a couple of minutes, then it is probable to have QBWC1085 error.
- The error QBWC1085 can also be identified, if you are not getting any response from the Windows.
- In case your system freezes/hangs for a couple of minutes.
Ways to Resolve the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 or Exception TypeError: Unknown name
Users often find it very difficult to resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or the Exception Type Error: Unknown Name. However, by following the below mentioned methods they can easily troubleshoot the issue very easily and if not, then our error support team are always available for help.
Solution 1: Ensure to connect the company file to the third party program
The manual process that one can opt for is to ensure to connect the company file to the third party program. For this, the below steps would work:
- The first thing to do is to click on the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- After that, Run window will pop up on the screen.
- After this type MSConfig and then hit OK button.
- Next, you have to hit a click on Startup tab.
- Once done search and mark the Checkbox for QuickBooks web connector.
- After that, click on the Apply option and then also tap on OK button.
- The final step is to Restart the computer and also check out if the QuickBooks web connector error gets fixed or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of QWCLOG.TXT file
Another solution that you can opt for is to rename the QWCLOG.TXT file. The steps involved in this are as follows:
- The foremost thing to do is to open the task-bar and then right click on the QuickBooks Web Connector icon.
- After that, click on the Exit option followed by opening the Windows File Manager.
- Once done, visit the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder.
- Now hit a right click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and then opt for the rename option.
- After this change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and hit on the Save option.
- Once you are done with that you have to reboot the we connector program.
- The final step in this method is to reboot the computer and the reopen the software.
Solution 3: Remove web connector from the start-up menu
If you are not connected to QuickBooks to any 3rd Programs, then you can remove the Web Connector from the Start up menu. Below are the steps to do it.
- The first thing to do is login on your computer as the Windows Administrator.
- Once done, you have to navigate to following command C:\Progam Data\Microsoft \Windows\ Start Menu\ Program \ Start Up.
- For Windows XP: You need to follow the path: Documents and Settings All Users/ Start Menu/ Program / Startup.
- Now you have to Delete the QuickBooks Web Connector File.
- Once done, reboot your system and then open the QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Manually Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
- Use this step if your company data was connected with the third party application through Web Connector.
- Close QuickBooks accounting software and Web Connector.
- Navigate to the C://Program Data/Intuit and choose QBWebConnector on the next screen.
- Now hit a click on log and rename the QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Also, reopen the Web Connector.
- In last steps restart your computer and check if the issue has been fixed.
We hope that you find the information provided in this post helpful. The above-mentioned 4 solutions can be easily performed by anyone for solving the QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085 error, even if one doesn’t have well-versed knowledge in computers and QuickBooks. In an unlikely chance, if the issue still persists after implementing the solutions provided herein, then you should get in touch with QuickBooks enterprise support team.
Our knowledgeable and highly -trained experts can resolve any QuickBooks related issues using their advanced tools and technology. Dial our 24×7 toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and speak with our executives who will assist you with your issues in the least possible time.
People also searched for: