Understand the possible causes and ways to fix the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
For the past few decades, QuickBooks has gained immense popularity among small and medium sized business. In fact, it is known as one of the top accounting software for having some amazing features, which ensures smooth functioning of the organization. Even though QuickBooks is an amazing application, its users often face many technical errors. Some of them can be handled easily, while for few they require experts help. A common error is the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085.
If you are also facing any such error, then this article can be of great help to you. As in this article, we are going to discuss all the facts associated with QuickBooks error code QBWC1085 and also quick fixes to the same. However, for any further information or for expert guidance, you can ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and certified professionals will fix the bug for you in no time.
You may also like: How to fix QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance error?
What is QuickBooks Web Connector?
Before you try to resolve the error QBWC1085, it is important to know what about QuickBooks web connector. The Web Connector is basically an application developed by Microsoft, which makes data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop and QBO hosted on the web a lot easier. Just like other software the web connector also faces many bugs and errors.
This web connector is a Microsoft Windows web-based application that also allows the web services to exchange data with QuickBooks desktop products. QB web connector and QuickBooks desktop uses the same local network. It is a go between application that permits qbXML and qbposXML to pass between QB financial software or QuickBooks point of sale (POS) and web based application.
How to add new web service with QuickBooks web connector?
Well, the process to add a new web service with QuickBooks web connector doesn’t involve any rocket science. .QWC extension files open on their own with QBWC, and they are the XML files. It should be noted that the web connector works with all QB desktop software that are supported by the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK.
- U.S. editions of QuickBooks financial software
- Enterprise solutions
- Premier 2002 and later versions
- Pro 2002 and later versions
- QuickBooks point of sale
- Canadian editions of QuickBooks pro, premier, and enterprise
- Also, the UK editions of Pro and accounting edition of QuickBooks
Why QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1085 occurs?
The QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085 is one of the most common error that is reported in QuickBooks community by the users. The error happens when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT gets damaged or is by chance corrupted. In our blog we will in details discuss about the causes and solution to this error.
The error code QBWX1085 comes up with error codes stating:
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web connector will continue without the log file.
Exception TypeError: Unknown name.
Causes of QBWC1085 error in QuickBooks desktop
This error is mainly caused due these reasons that are mentioned below:
- When the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector gets damaged because of some reason.
- When you are unable to access the QBWCLOG.TXT file of the web connector.
- This kind of error can occur, if the QuickBooks is not able to write the web connector log file.
- In case the user did not connect to the third party programs with QuickBooks, then this kind of error could be seen.
- Any kind of damages to the components of QB web connector might end up in this kind of error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception TypeError: Unknown name
- If the functions of the web connector program are not working accordingly.
- Another symptoms of this error can be that the QuickBooks is not functioning in a proper manner.
- Also, in case QuickBooks desktop freezes for a couple of minutes, then it is probable to have QBWC1085 error.
- In case your system freezes/hangs for a couple of minutes.
- The error QBWC1085 can also be identified, if the user is not getting any response from the windows
Ways to resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
Users often find it very difficult to resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or the Exception Type Error: Unknown Name. However, by following the below mentioned methods they can easily fix the issue very easily and if not, then QB error support team are always available for help.
Solution 1: Make sure to connect the company file to the third party program
- The first thing to do is to click on the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- After that, run window will pop up on the screen.
- After this type MSConfig and then hit OK button.
- Moving ahead, you have to click on Startup tab.
- Once done search and mark the checkbox for QuickBooks web connector.
- After that, click on the Apply option and then also tap on OK button.
- The last and final step is to restart the computer and also check out if the QuickBooks web connector error gets fixed or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of QWCLOG.TXT file
- The first and foremost thing to do is to open the task-bar and then right click on the QuickBooks Web Connector icon
- After that, click on the Exit option followed by opening the Windows File Manager
- Once done, visit the C:\Program Data\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log folder
- Now right click on the QWCLOG.TXT file and then opt for the rename option.
- After this change the name to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and hit on the Save option.
- Once you are done with that you have to reboot the we connector program.
- The final step in this method is to reboot the computer and the reopen the software.
Solution 3: Remove web connector from the start-up menu
If you are not connected to QuickBooks to any 3rd Programs, then you can remove the Web Connector from the Start up menu. Below are the steps to do it.
- The first thing to do is login on your computer as the Windows Administrator
- Once done, you have to navigate to following command C:\Progam Data\Microsoft \Windows\ Start Menu\ Program \ Start Up
- Now you have to delete the QuickBooks Web Connector File.
- Once done, reboot your system and then open the QuickBooks.
The above-mentioned steps will easily help you in fixing the QuickBooks Web Connector QBWC1085 error. However, if the problem persists then you have to connect with QuickBooks support providers. These are highly experienced and well-trained experts who will solve the issue by giving a quick solution to your problem. The best part they are available 24/7 to assist you.
All you need to do is to ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-291-2294. Our executives will connect you with our experts and certified accounting professionals in the least possible time.
People also searched for: