Stumbling upon errors in QuickBooks is pretty much common, but dealing with those errors on time is very essential, so as to avoid further mess. One such error that you cannot avoid is QuickBooks error code C=43. Well, this particular error indicates that the software has encountered an issue when trying to access the company file. It can be experienced due to a loss of power or loss of network connection.
If you are experiencing the same error in your QuickBooks, then this segment might seem a little helpful to you. We will be discussing the causes, as well as the corrective measures that can be performed for QuickBooks error message C=43. Whereas, if you aren’t interested in performing the right set of steps, then getting on a call with our tech personnel would surely be of some help.
A gist of QuickBooks error code C=43
You might see the following error message on your desktop screen at the time of opening the program:
|Error Code:||QuickBooks error code C=43|
|Error message:||Error reading a transaction or memorized transaction|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11|
What instigates QuickBooks error code C=43?
Following can be the factors triggering QuickBooks error C=43:
- One of the basic trigger ca be if the company file is hampered.
- If firewall or antivirus is blocking the internet connection.
- You can also experience similar issue if the form 1099 and W2 forms are printed.
- If the internet connection is poor.
- Another possible trigger can be if the software tries to navigate to a report and suddenly lands into an error.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=51?
What are the Corrective Measures to Fix QuickBooks Error C=43?
You can perform certain corrective measures to successfully deal with QuickBooks error code C=43.
Measure 1: Eliminating the OCR-A fonts and reinstall QuickBooks
One of the basic measures can be to remove the OCR-A fonts and then reinstall QuickBooks desktop. This can resolve the issue up to certain extent.
Measure 2: Verifying the company file
This process requires users to make use of the important integral utility of QuickBooks- Verify and Rebuild tool. The current solution requires users to make use of the verify data option available in the Utilities section. The same is accessible as follows:
- Under this process, you need to verify the company file and move to the file and also click on utilities tab.
- Later on, click on verify data menu selection.
- Moreover, file verification will proceed by its own.
- Press the esc key in case you need to cancel the verification process.
- Click on ok tab to head back to the other tasks.
Measure 3: Use QuickBooks feature rebuild data
After verification of the file for any issues, this section subsumes the easy steps to rebuild the data so as to rectify any issues including the troublesome error c=43 in QuickBooks company files.
- Head to the utilities tab.
- Click on rebuild data menu option.
- You need to leave the restore process till it gets completed.
- Later on, QuickBooks will ask you to create a backup of the company file.
- Perform the steps below to backup the information
- Click on the ok tab at first to backup the data.
- Later on, choose the online type or local type and option.
- Go for the location for the backup files.
- And leave the system when QuickBooks rebuilds the company file.
- After the restoration is complete, you need to click on ok tab.
Scrolling down to the end of this segment, we expect that you might be able to perform the set of steps that would be enough to tackle through QuickBooks error message C=43. Whereas, if for some reason you land into similar issue again and again, then connecting with our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals will surely be of great help. Give us a call at 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on our tech geeks.
Other helpful resources: