Learn the process to Fix data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file:
QuickBooks transactions are one of the most essential parts of the desktop accounting software. It is the transactions that help the users in giving an idea of the financial dealings. The user might often have an issue of damaged transactions, which ultimately poses threat to the company file data. The company file stores all the necessary information of the company, and can get easily damaged, due to damaged transactions. Fixing these transactions doesn’t require any technical knowledge, a few basic steps can work. In today’s post, we are going to discuss the causes and also the fixes to the damaged transactions in QuickBooks.
Moreover, the user can also get in touch with our US based accounting experts at 1-800-761-1787. Our certified professionals will be more happy to fix the damaged transaction in QuickBooks on your behalf.
You may also read: Fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors
What lead to damaged transactions in QuickBooks?
There can be certain factors leading to damaged transactions in QuickBooks namely:
- Sudden power surges can cause hard drives to accidentally overwrite the data, which affects the company file.
- Quitting QuickBooks desktop without exiting the company file
- Network glitches when QB desktop is used over a network
- Over-sized company files can also end up in this issue
- In case the user uses journal entries instead of preferred data entry methods for account receivable or accounts payable etc, then it might risk the transactions.
- Any sort of virus infection or malware attack can result in corruption of transactions
- Using QuickBooks when system is running low on resources
Steps to fix the damaged transactions in QuickBooks desktop
The user can simply fix the damaged transaction in QuickBooks desktop, by implementing the steps below:
Step 1: Run the Rebuild and Verify Data utilities
- The very first step is to run the rebuild and verify data utilities
- The user needs to repair the company file using the rebuild data tool
- For this, the user needs to navigate to the file menu, and then move to the utilities tab and then opt for the rebuild data tab
- The next step is to choose the OK option on the QuickBooks information window, and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the backup
- Next, the user needs to let the tool to repair the file. This might take some time, as QuickBooks may seem stuck, but as long as the user could move the mouse, tool is working.
- Once the process ends, hit a click on OK button
- Now navigate to the file menu and then hover over the utilities option, and then select verify data tab
- And let the tool check the file for data issues
The user can also go for the manual process to run the rebuild and verify data utilities. The steps involved in this are as follows:
- Firstly, move to the file menu, and then hover over the utilities tab and select verify data
- Moving ahead, the user needs to let the tool to check the file for data issues
- And that, from the verify results screen, and then choose the expand all to see the issues
- Now choose the see online article and fix the error
Read Also: How to register QuickBooks desktop?
Step 2: And then, identify damaged transactions based on the QBWin.log
Step 3: The next step is to apply the appropriate fix on the transactions
Damaged link or date
- For this, the user needs to open the damaged transactions
- And then change the date to 20 years after
- The next step is to opt for save and close options
- Moving ahead, the user needs to re-open the damaged transaction
- Followed by changing the date back to the original date
- Lastly, click on save and close options
Transaction out of balance
- For this, the user needs to open the damaged transactions
- And add any item
- Followed by selecting save and close
- The next step is to reopen the damaged transaction
- And then remove the item added above
- Now, end the process by selecting save and close
Damaged item history
- Now, moving to the damaged item history, the user needs to open the damaged transaction
- And then visit the first blank item line
- Followed by typing in three periods in the description column
- To end the process, select save and close options
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Overflow Error?
FAQs related to damaged transactions in QuickBooks desktop
Que. How to Fix data damage on QuickBooks company file ?
Ans. Data damage on QuickBooks company file can be fixed by repairing the company file, with the help of Rebuild data tool. This is a built-in tool that automatically fixes some minor company file data issues. The user can also make use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool, in order to get rid of the error.
Que. How to fix QuickBooks desktop install errors?
Ans. QuickBooks desktop install errors can be encountered at the time of installation of the software. And can also be resolved by using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. One can use the QuickBooks tool hub to access this tool. Or can also access the tool directly from the Intuit’s website. The user can also manually fix the windows components and try resolving the error.
Que. Fix beginning balance issues in QuickBooks desktop
Ans. The user might see the beginning balance as zero or incorrect, when he/she opens up the begin reconciliation window and then select the account to reconcile. This error can be fixed by recreating the opening balance. Whereas, an incorrect balance issue can be resolved by correcting edited, deleted, or cleared transactions.
Well, we expect that the above stated methods would work for you in repairing the corrupt transactions in QuickBooks desktop. However, there can be a situation when none of the methods might work to fix the issue, then in that case the user can contact our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. Give us a call and our dedicated accounting professionals will be more happy to help you and fix the error on your behalf.
Other helpful resources: