Learn the best possible ways to fix QuickBooks Desktop update errors:
The features offered by QuickBooks not just fascinates but also spikes the interests of the entrepreneurs, and clearly state the power of this accounting software. Since its inception, QuickBooks has experienced major breakthroughs, that have already brought relief to its users and has also made their accounting and bookkeeping activities a lot easier. It is a high-tech accounting software that every small sized or medium sized business can rely upon. But all these facts cannot hide the errors that occur at times, while you work on this software. Today, we are going to talk about the QuickBooks desktop update errors. The term might seem familiar to you, as these errors are pretty common for the QuickBooks users.
QuickBooks desktop update errors can appear any time while downloading the updates or switching to the new releases by Intuit. These errors often hinder the updating process, ultimately creating a fuss. So, if you are also encountering any such issue, then need not to worry anymore, as this article will rescue you from the update errors. We are going to discuss the ways in which one can tackle these errors smoothly. So, stick to the article till the end.
Moreover, if you are sceptical about the thought of handling this error on your own, then our QuickBooks desktop support team is there to assist you. Our U.S based and industries best accounting experts are putting their best foot forward to make QuickBooks software error-free for the users. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime at 1-800-761-1787.
You may also see: Fixation of balance sheet out of balance problem in QuickBooks
What are QuickBooks update errors?
Well, the QuickBooks update errors are usually seen when you try to update the QuickBooks desktop. You gets a reminder from the software itself, whenever a newer update is available. These errors pop up, when you try to download these updates and also hinders the process. In majority of the cases, the error messages are not seen, but you might get any kind of hindrance while updating the software. A few of the common update errors include:
- QuickBooks error 12045
- QuickBooks error 12157
- QB error 12038
- QuickBooks error 12037
- 15xxx errors
The list doesn’t end over here, there can be many other errors as well. But need not to worry, as these errors can be fixed easily, by carrying out a few simple processes, which we will be discussing later on.
What triggers the QuickBooks update errors?
The causes of these errors are not many. We have tried to jot down a few of the common causes, due to which you might stumble upon the annoying update errors.
- Poor internet connection is one of the major factors leading to these update errors.
- Restrictive settings of personal firewall or internet security can also be an active trigger to update errors.
- You might come across the update errors, in case multiple instances of QuickBooks are seen on the same computer.
Solutions to QuickBooks desktop update errors
There can be a few easy methods that can be implemented in order to tackle the update errors in QuickBooks. Let us explore the methods one by one:
Method 1: Configuring the Internet connection settings
In order to check the internet connection, you need to open a web browse and move to the chase banking page. If you are unable to open the page, then below mentioned steps can be carried out:
- The very first step is to move to the help menu and select the internet connection setup.
- After that choose the use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Once done with that, you need to hit a click on next option.
- And move to the advanced connection settings.
- Next step in the process is to select the restore advanced settings.
- And then click on done.
- The last step is to update QuickBooks desktop once again.
- It should be noted that QuickBooks users who use a dial-up connection should ensure that the minimum internet speed they get shouldn’t be less than 28.8 kilobytes per second.
- Also, users who use America online, log on to their AOL account with the master login id, in case possible, and you should ensure that the parental controls settings are disabled. Users also can refer to AOL’s online support for more information.
- Users who regularly use download accelerator should ensure that such software are not enabled while the QuickBooks updates are downloading. Or the software will interfere with the new QB updates.
Method 2: Verifying the system date and time
- In this process, the very initial step is to right click the system clock placed on the desktop screen and then opt for the Adjust date/time option.
- Moving ahead, you need to choose the change date and time and also write the current date and time.
- Now, hit a click on Ok twice.
- And then close and open the QuickBooks again.
- To end the process, run the update of QuickBooks desktop again.
Method 3: Configuring the internet security or personal firewall application settings
At times, the internet security or firewall settings hinder the updates. This increases the demand for checking and verifying the configuration of the internet security and personal firewall software settings. The steps involved in the process are:
- To begin with, press the Start tab and then look for QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now click on the QuickBooks database server manager from the list and then click on the port monitor tab.
- Once done with that, note down the port number of the version of QuickBooks desktop.
- And then hit a click on the Start tab, and along with that search the Windows firewall.
- Opt for the Windows firewall and hit a click on the advanced settings option.
- The next step is to right click the Inbound rules option and then hit new rule.
- Now hit a click on the port option and hit next.
- Followed by, enabling the TCP option.
- Once done, check mark the specific local ports and enter the port number.
- Now, click next and select allow the connection.
- Click on next again and name the new rule.
- To end the process, follow the same steps for outbound rules.
- Enabling the ports 80 and 443 is a must.
- Permitting the below stated files to access:
In case all these ports are used by some other processes, the QuickBooks database server will use a fallback port, 56719.
Method 4: Multiple instances of QuickBooks desktop on same system
As we mentioned earlier, the QuickBooks update errors can occur if you are having more than one installing of QuickBooks desktop of the same version year installed on the same system (For example, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 19.0 and QuickBooks Premier 2019). In case this situation occurs, you need to download and install a manual update for one or more versions of QuickBooks desktop.
Fixing error 15XXX when downloading QuickBooks desktop updates
While updating QuickBooks desktop or payroll, you might receive an error with the number 15 as initials. These errors include:
|Error 15214||Error 15215||Error 15217|
|Error 15218||Error 15221||Error 15222|
|Error 15224||Error 15223||Error 15225|
|Error 15226||Error 15270||Error 15103|
|Error 15104||Error 15105||Error 15107|
|Error 15240||Error 15271||Error 15106|
The steps to be involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to run reboot.bat file.
- And then restart the system and open QuickBooks.
- Now install an update by selecting install now option, only if prompted.
- If you are still unable to install the update, then you can delete and download the update again.
- Now close QuickBooks desktop.
- Visit the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version XX>\ Components.
- Now open QuickBooks and then move to the help menu and then update QuickBooks desktop.
- And then visit the update now tab. Also, mark the reset the updates checkbox.
- Next step is to select the get updates to redownload the updates.
- Once the download process is complete, you need to close and reopen QuickBooks.
- And to end the process, select install now.
You can also verify and troubleshoot QuickBooks desktop internet explorer settings if the error persists. Also, you can uninstall and install QuickBooks desktop in selective startup mode.
Similar Post: How to Fix Screen Issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
You can also carry out the below stated methods to fix the update errors:
Installing a digital signature certificate
- For this, you need to move to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- And hit a click on QBW32.exe and choose the properties option.
- Next, move to the digital signature tab and also ensure that Intuit is selected in the signature list.
- Once done with that, choose the details option.
- And then in the digital signature window, select the view certificate option.
- Followed by selecting the install certificate option.
- Now, opt for next until the finish option appears and then select finish.
- Restart the system.
- And open QuickBooks and re-download the update.
Downloading the updates in safe mode
You can also download the updates in the safe mode, in order to fix the QuickBooks update errors. The steps involved in this process are:
- First of all, open the computer in safe mode.
- And then, re-download the update.
- If the update is downloaded successfully, make sure to restart the system in normal mode and then re-download the update.
If the right approach is followed, the QuickBooks desktop update errors can be easily dealt with. Thus, following the above stated methods in a proper way can help you to get rid of the errors without any problem. However, if the confusion persists, consulting an expert from a reputed and renowned service provider can be the right decision.
Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team has always been at the forefront of the QuickBooks related support services and we do not leave any stone unturned to provide the best possible assistance to all our users. Simply give us a call at 1-800-761-1787 regarding your issue, as our executives hold the expertise in tackling all sorts of accounting errors and will help you in dealing with them.
People also searched for: