Follow these updated methods when you can’t open your QuickBooks desktop:
QuickBooks Desktop constitutes one of the finest accounting software that offers multifaceted benefits. It has simplified the way accounting and bookkeeping activities get handled. However, while acknowledging its benefits, we cannot overlook the fact that the software is fraught with many errors that may exasperate users. QuickBooks desktop won’t open, or doesn’t start problem is one of such annoying errors that leaves you in a standstill state. It is a technical error encountered while opening the QuickBooks Desktop software. If you are facing this issue, it becomes pertinent that you read this article until the end. This post will brief you on the causes and fixes to QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open error.
If you don’t have ample time to spend fixing this QuickBooks desktop won’t open issue, you can get in touch with our professionals via our helpline, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our certified professionals will be there to assist you in fixing this error with much ease.
You may also read: How to Fix The QuickBooks Error Code OL-334?
A brief insight into QuickBooks won’t open issue and its occurs
Before you get acquainted with the cause and solutions to the QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start or won’t open error, it’s critical that you first grasp the fundamentals of the error. This issue commonly occurs when a user attempts to access the QuickBooks software or some company file through it.
There are cases when no error appears on the screen, but the system freezes immediately. As a consequence, you might witness issues with your PC or loss of essential data files. There are various triggers to this error. Discussion on those causes will start in the subsequent section.
What triggers to QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open error?
When it comes to the causes triggering this issue, the list is not unending. Several factors can end up in the QuickBooks doesn’t start issue. Let us have an insight into some of the most prominent factors:
- Corrupted hard disk.
- Extremely long company file name.
- Using an outdated operating system.
- Incorrect installation of QuickBooks desktop.
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks won’t open error
In order to identify the QuickBooks won’t open issue, you can check out the below listed signs and symptoms.
- First sign can be if the QuickBooks software freezes or the QuickBooks company file fails to open.
- You might also encounter this issue if the Windows run slowly.
- If the system hangs every now and then.
- If the system responds slowly to keyboard or mouse inputs.
- You can’t able to open your QuickBooks.
Important tips before troubleshooting
Before jumping onto the various methods for rectifying the issue, you need to ensure adherence to the below-mentioned steps:
- Update your QuickBooks desktop to latest
- Turn off hosting on your workstations
- Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop software
- Rename the .TLG and .ND files
- Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Software installed on your PC.
Read this also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Web connector error QBWC1085
Roundabouts to fix QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Start Or Won’t Open Issue
Now that you know what factors might cause the issue, signs, and symptoms, and various other facts related to this error. It is the right time to start with the fixation procedures. So, let us check out the roundabouts that can help users in troubleshooting the QuickBooks won’t open error:
Roundabout 1: Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
- Initially, you need to access the folder housing the Ini file.
- Afterwards, click on the QBWUSER.INI file and choose the Rename option.
- Type in Insert.old in the last file name and change the name of the Ecml file.
- Check if the QuickBooks desktop wont open error got uprooted.
Roundabout 2: Suppress the QuickBooks desktop installation
- Right-click the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Hit on the Ctrl key and choose open tab. Hold the Ctrl key till the No company open window appears.
- Open the QuickBooks software to cross-check whether the error got stemmed out.
You might also like: Get the latest payroll tax table updates in QuickBooks
Roundabout 3: Run the Quick fix my program from QuickBooks tool hub
Among the innumerable tools and features accompanied with QuickBooks, the eminence of QuickBooks Tool Hub stands at the pinnacle. This tool has the ability to rectify a myriad of errors in the QuickBooks software. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool hub
- At the first, you need to close QuickBooks.
- Now, Download the QuickBooks tool hub file from here. Afterward, save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- Open the Downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions for installing the tool and also Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the Tool hub icon on Windows Desktop to launch.
Step 2: Run Quick fix my program
- After the QuickBooks tool hub is installed, launch it and then, run the Quick fix my program.
- Choose the Program problems option.
- Afterward, Choose Quick fix my program.
- In the conclusion, Run QuickBooks Desktop and access the data file to verify if the issue got ousted.
Roundabout 4: Run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- This method requires you to open the QuickBooks tools hub, downloaded previously.
- Proceed to the Installation issues option.
- Choose the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let it run.
- This might take some time to conclude.
- When the tool finishes its task, reboot your PC.
- Open the QuickBooks software and access the file. If the error still keeps pervading, proceed to the following method.
Roundabout 5: Access the company file from some different location
Many times, the location of the company file might get damaged or corrupted, which ultimately incites this error. Follow the brief walk through provided below:
- Hit the Win + E keys together. The Windows Explorer window pops up.
- Search for the file with .qbw file extension. When you search for a file location on a network server, that needs to done in the Network drive on which the data file is located.
- Subsequently, right-click the file and choose Copy.
- Locate the C: drive and make a New folder there.
- Afterward, rename that as QBTEST.
- Open the new QBTEST folder and Paste the company file in it.
- Now, open QuickBooks while holding the CTRL key.
- In the last step, choose the Open or restore an existing company option and examine the C:\QBTEST folder created earlier.
- Access the Company file copied in the QBTEST Folder.
Roundabout 6: Perform a Clean installation of QuickBooks
Many times, Clean installation of QuickBooks rectifies several errors. As such, uninstall and re-install the QuickBooks desktop software to wipe off the QuickBooks Won’t Open or Doesn’t Start error . However, if this walkway doesn’t work out for you, check out subsequent methods.
Roundabout 7: Reboot your PC
A multitude of errors can be fixed by merely restarting the computer. As such, it is recommended to head to the Start menu and hit on the Power button. Afterward, choose the Restart option. After the restart is complete, open QuickBooks desktop and check if the error still stands its ground.
You may also like: Converting a QuickBooks Online Company File to Desktop
Roundabout 8: Make a new Windows admin user
- In the inception, proceed to the Control panel from the Start menu.
- When open, double-click on the User account option, followed by choosing the Manage user tab.
- Also, click on Add tab.
- Once done, enter the name as well as domain of the admin and hit the OK button.
- Choose Administrator, if you are using Windows 10.
- Finally, hit Finish. You will be directed to the User accounts dialog box. Hit on OK tab.
Roundabout 9: Terminate the QBW32.exe process
- Choose the QBW32.exe process by right-clicking the Windows taskbar.
- Afterward, choose the Start task manager option.
- Now, click on the Process tab, followed by choosing the Image name.
- Subsequently, locate and choose .EXE.
- Finally, click on End process to end the .exe process and you are done.
Let us conclude!
Implementing any of the above stated methods should work in fixing the QuickBooks wont open issue. However, if a situation arises when none of the above methods worked, then in that case we recommend you to get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team of experts and certified professionals who can handle the situation for you.
Give us a call using our tech support number i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and our dedicated support team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services.
Other helpful articles to read: