A Comprehensive guide to get rid of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118:
QuickBooks is unprecedented accounting software that has sprawled a wave of revolution across the businesses and accounting sectors for several decades. It has spread its roots globally and has gone a long way toward propelling efficiency and productivity. QuickBooks has undoubtedly been at the pinnacle compared with a myriad of other accounting tools suitable for entrepreneurs worldwide. However, while appraising the software, we cannot overlook the vast array of technical snags and intricacies. One such critical error is the QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118. While opening the QuickBooks software, you may come across specific errors and symptoms which indicate the advent of this error code.
If you’re experiencing this error and seeking a reliable and quick walk-through to oust this error, then you have landed at the perfect spot. Our certified professionals have articulated the most viable tried-and-tested methods for resolving the QuickBooks error code 3371. So, make sure to sail through this article till the end. You can also consult with our QuickBooks error support team for any supplementary assistance by dialing the helpline 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will leave no stone unturned to assist you.
You might also see: How to Repair the QuickBooks error code H202?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
This error is most likely to occur when the QuickBooks user re-configures the desktop or proceeds to set up the QuickBooks company file for the first time; in that case, the QuickBooks error code 3371 may show up. Another apparent reason behind this error is some damage caused to the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. This file is essential as it contains license properties related to the QuickBooks Desktop software. This error code can appear in the form of various error messages, just like the one that is depicted below:
In other words, we may conclude that the error crosses our path when we try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. Other error messages you might see on your desktop screen are as:
|Could not initialize license properties.||Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.|
|Could not initialize license properties.||[Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.|
|Could not initialize license properties.||[Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.|
All these error messages could appear when the software license is not valid. The dialog box with the error message appears on the screen, and also clicking OK will pop up another error, ‘QuickBooks fatal Error.’ To close the error box window, simply click on the OK button one more time.
Because of this error, the QuickBooks software fails to sync the license properties each time you try to open the software. There are various facets unraveled later in this post; Let us check them out together!
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
You can easily identify the QuickBooks error 3371 status code -11118 by keeping the below-mentioned signs and symptoms in mind:
- Your system experiences repeated hanging/freezing issues.
- The QuickBooks crashes whenever you attempt to open it.
- If you get notified of a mysterious HTML file, then, in that case, it would be a sign of such error.
- Users being unable to open the company file in QuickBooks can also be one of the symptoms.
- This error can also be seen at the time of the cloning process from C:\ drive to another new hard drive.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Error 3371: Status Code 11118?
Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks, has made it mandatory for users to store their license on the hard drive. But by chance, if one loses the info, file, or license data gets corrupted, missing, or damaged, then users are likely to encounter this QuickBooks error. Also, at the time when you clone the data into the C:/ drive, the error can appear. This would demand the deletion of the entitlement file and also re-entering of the license information.
QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118 can be a result of multiple issues, a few of which we have mentioned below:
- Error code 80029c4a can be one of the principal causes.
- A missing Qbregistration.dat file can be one of the potential reasons behind to the Error 3371 in QuickBooks desktop. The installation file usually contains the license data stored in the hard drive, and if this file gets damaged, then you may get this sort of error.
- The QuickBooks Desktop software has performance issues.
- You can also encounter this error if you loses the connection to the QuickBooks data file
- Facing issues with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Incomplete or unsuccessful Windows update installation can keep the windows components out-to-date. This may, in turn, incite this issue.
- Crash com error in QuickBooks can lead to this error
- If QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, it might lead to such error.
- Damaged MSXML component related to Windows OS, which is needed for QuickBooks Desktop. It is one of the most important components by Microsoft, which is needed to run the system. If this file gets damaged, then accessing QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Interruptions caused by the Anti-virus software installed on your PC.
Important Points to remember
- Make sure that the Windows OS is updated to its latest release version.
- In case the error still perpetuates, it might be due to a corrupted windows operating system.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users might face this issue if they open the file before saving it. In that scenario, you need to save the company file before importing the .QBO file.
Adequate Walkways to Mend QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 or Status Code -1
The QuickBooks error code 3371 can be easily tackled by following simple walkways. In this article, we will be exploring each of these reliable troubleshooting methods. Make sure you do not skip out on any of the steps and follow the section with utmost observance. Let us check out the methods:
Walkway 1: Close all the running applications
It might be possible that certain unauthorized third-party software in the background might be contravening the functionalities of QuickBooks and thereby causing the error code 3371. As such, you should close all the suspected applications in the background. Soon after, end the QuickBooks processes before reopening the accounting program. The steps given below should help you.
- Initially, make sure to close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Afterward, close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Access the Run window by hitting the Win + R keys together.
- Follow it up by typing C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the Run window, and along with that, hit on OK.
- You are now required to open the Task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Now head to the processes tab and search for the QBW32.EXE process.
- Choose the process and then hit on End Task.
- Next, remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and then open the QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Walkway 2: Removing the ECML file
One more easy approach for fixing this error is by removing the Entitlement file (ECML). This file can be found in the Intuit folder. Follow the step-by-step guidelines given below:
- You are first required to press Windows + R keys together.
- And then, the Run window will appear on the screen.
- You are then required to enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the Run window.
- The next step is to head to the Window explorer (by pressing Win + E keys together).
- Subsequently, look for the ECML file. Upon locating the file, right-click on it, and then follow up by hitting the Delete option.
- Once done with the preceding step, close the window.
- Finally, run the QuickBooks software and register the product again.
- You are good to go. Check if the error got its roots cut off.
Walkway 3: Alter the filename of the Entitlement file
Windows XP users:
The steps to be followed by WIndows XP users are given below:
- To start away, click on the Start tab and select the Run box.
- Now, enter the following path in the Run Box: “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Then, hit on the OK button.
- And that, you need to rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7, 8:
If you are a Windows 7 or Windows 8 user, then perform the below-given directions:
- Proceed to C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- The next step is to rename the Entitlement file.
- Now, open QuickBooks. The software will automatically Create a new file.
- The next step is to un-hide the program data folder by conforming to the below-mentioned steps:
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- Then choose the Hidden files and folders option.
- After that, open QuickBooks and check if the error occurred.
Windows 10 and 11:
For Windows 10 and 11 users, use the guidelines earmarked below:
- You need to first right-click on the Start tab, then choose the Control Panel option.
- After that, go to Appearance and Personalization option and choose File Explorer Options.
- Next, proceed to the View tab.
- You are then required to change the Hidden files and folders setting to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- You may alternatively un-check the Hide protected operating system files option.
- Once the above-illustrated steps are properly performed, you need to click on Apply and then hit on the OK button.
Walkway 4: Download, Install and Launch QuickBooks Tool hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is one multi-beneficial tool offered by Intuit to assist in resolving technical issues encountered by users in QuickBooks. The procedure to download, install, and run the tool for fixing QuickBooks error 3371 status code -11118 is given below in the form of various steps.
Step 1: Run the Quick Fix My Program feature of QuickBooks Tool Hub
In case the above processes fail to rectify the error, then you can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub. The instructions to be followed are given below:
- In the inception, close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Then, download the QuickBooks tool hub (most recent version (220.127.116.11) on the system and save it in your PC).
- Subsequently, run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file).
- Then Accept and agree to Intuit’s license agreement,
- Once the tool hub is successfully installed on your PC, click on Finish.
- Now double-click the QuickBooks tool hub icon to open it.
- After that, choose the Quick fix my program option from the Program Problems tab.
- Now, click on the OK tab.
- To conclude, end the process and open the QuickBooks software to access the data file.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub and then install the same.
- Once the installation in complete, Run the tool.
- After that, choose the Installation issues tab in the tool hub.
- Follow it up by choosing the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and then running it.
- Let the tool run and detect the issue(s) (if any). Note that the process might take some time to culminate.
- To conclude the process, you need to reboot your system.
Step 3: Run the 3371 Error fix from Tool hub
In case you have already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub, then directly use the 337 error fix program, or else first download the tool hub program and then carry out the steps below.
- Double-click on the QB Tool hub icon on the windows desktop to open it.
- In the tool hub, choose the Installation issues tab.
- Then, choose the 3371 Error fix.
- After that, click on OK tab and then launch the QuickBooks software.
- Now open the data file and inspect whether the error got fixed.
Walkway 5: Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks
Just in case the walkways for resolving the error fail to prove worthy, then in that scenario, opt for a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop by adhering to the below-given steps: You can carry out a clean installation either by using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or by the manual procedure (via the Control Panel).
Walkway 6: Update Windows Operating System
In case your Windows is obsolete, it becomes pertinent to update it to the latest version. This can be done by carrying out the steps provided below:
- Initially, click on the Windows Start menu and choose the option to Check for updates.
- Proceed ahead by reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Also, update QuickBooks desktop again.
Walkway 7: Wipe off any Junk Files
Cleaning the junk files from your PC may rectify the QuickBooks Error 3371. Follow the steps given below:
- Initially, access the File Explorer(by pressing Win + E keys together) and then choose This PC.
- Afterward, choose Properties.
- Then, hit on the tab corresponding to Disk Cleanup.
- Choose the option to clean System Files.
- Finally, hit the OK tab, then choose the Delete Files option.
You can manually clean Temporary Files in your system by adhering to the below-mentioned steps:
- Access the Run Window by pressing the Win + R keys together.
- Afterward, type %Temp% in the box and hit Enter.
- The folder containing all the temp files opens up.
- Press the Ctrl + A keys together to choose all the files, and then hit the Delete key to remove all the temporary files.
We hope that by following the steps given above, you were able to uproot the QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118. But, if for some chance, the issue still persists or you are not able to resolve the issue for some reason even after performing the steps, then you can reach out to our U.S.-based accounting professionals by calling our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team of specialists will be more than happy to assist you and offer you unparalleled support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Rename the ECML(Entitlement) file and type in the correct License key while re-activating QuickBooks
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Clean system Junk and temporary files.
- Update Windows.
- Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Entering an already-used license key while activating QuickBooks.
- The Qbregistration.dat file might be damaged.
- Any damage caused to the Microsoft components may lead to this issue.
- QuickBooks might have been installed incorrectly or may have faced technical errors while installing.
- At first, hit on the Windows button to reveal the start menu.
- Access the Run Window using the Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- In Run, copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- After that, click on the Ok button.
- Look for the Entitlement file(s), and once located, hit on the Delete button on the keyboard.
- Now you can now re-activate QuickBooks by providing the correct license key.
Other helpful articles: