A Comprehensive guide to get rid of from QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118:
QuickBooks is unprecedented accounting software that has sprawled a wave of revolution across the businesses and accounting sectors for several decades. It has spread its roots globally and has gone a long way toward propelling efficiency and productivity. QuickBooks has undoubtedly been at the pinnacle compared with a myriad of other accounting tools suitable for entrepreneurs worldwide. However, while appraising the software, we cannot overlook the vast array of technical snags and intricacies. One of such critical errors is the QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118. While opening the QuickBooks software, you may come across specific errors and symptoms which indicate the advent of this error code.
If you’re experiencing this error and seeking a reliable and quick walk-through to oust this error, then you have landed at the perfect spot. Our certified professionals have articulated the most viable tried-and-tested methods for resolving the QuickBooks error code 3371. So, make sure to sail through this article till the end. You can also consult with our QuickBooks error support team for any supplementary assistance by dialing the helpline 1-800-761-1787. Our experts will leave no stone unturned to assist you.
You might also see: How to Repair the QuickBooks error code H202?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 3371?
QuickBooks error code 3371 is most likely to occur when the QuickBooks user re-configures the desktop or proceeds to set up the QuickBooks company file for the first time; in that case, the QuickBooks error code 3371 may show up. Another apparent reason behind this error is some damage caused to the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. This file is essential as it contains license properties related to the QuickBooks Desktop software. This error code can appear in the form of various error messages just like the one that is depicted below:
In other words we may conclude that the error crosses our path when we try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. Another error messages you might see on your desktop screen are as:
|Could not initialize license properties.||Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.|
|Could not initialize license properties.||[Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.|
|Could not initialize license properties.||[Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.|
All these error messages could appear when the software license is not valid. The dialog box with the error message appears on the screen, and also clicking OK will pop up another error, ‘QuickBooks fatal Error.’ To close the error box window, simply click on the OK button one more time.
Because of this error, the QuickBooks software fails to sync the license properties each time you try to open the software. There are various facets unraveled later in this post; Let us check them out together!
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3371
You can easily identify the QuickBooks error 3371 status code -11118 by keeping the below mentioned signs and symptoms in mind:
- Your system experiences repeated hanging/freezing issues.
- The QuickBooks crashes whenever you attempt to open it.
- If you get notified of a mysterious HTML file, then, in that case, it would be a sign of QuickBooks error 3371.
- Users being unable to open the company file in QuickBooks can also be one of the symptoms.
- This error can also be seen at the time of cloning process from C:\ drive to another new hard drive.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Error 3371: Status Code 11118?
Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks has made it mandatory for us to store the license on the hard drive. But by chance if you loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, then you are probable to encounter this sort of error. Also, at the time when you clones the data into the C:/ drive, the error can appear. This would demand to delete the entitlement file and also re-entering the license information.
QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118 can be a result of multiple issues, a few of which we have mentioned below:
- Error code 80029c4a can be one of the principal causes.
- Missing Qbregistration.dat file can be one of the reasons. The installation file usually contains the license data stored in the hard drive, and if this file gets damaged, then you may get this sort of error.
- The QuickBooks Desktop software has performance issues.
- You can also encounter this error if you loses the connection to the QuickBooks data file
- Facing issues with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Incomplete or unsuccessful Windows update installation can keep the windows components out-to-date. This may in turn incite the Error 3371 in QuickBooks.
- Crash com error in QuickBooks can lead to this error
- If the QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, it might lead to error 3371
- Damaged MSXML component related to Windows OS, which is needed for QuickBooks desktop. It is one of the most important components by Microsoft, which is needed to run the system. If this file gets damaged then accessing QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Interruptions caused by the Anti-virus software installed on your PC.
Important Points to remember
- Make sure that the Windows OS is updated to it’s latest release version.
- In case the error still perpetuates, it might be due to corrupted windows operating system.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users might face this issue if they open the file before saving it. In that scenario, you need to save the company file before importing the .QBO file.
Effective Walkways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The QuickBooks error code 3371 can be easily tackled by following simple walkways. In this article, we will be exploring each of these reliable troubleshooting methods. Make sure you do not skip out on any of the steps and follow the section with utmost observance. Let us check out the methods:
Walkway 1: Close all the running applications
- Initially make sure to close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Afterward, close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Access the Run window by hitting the Win + R keys together.
- Follow it up by typing C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the Run window, and along with that hit on OK.
- You are now required to open task manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
- Now head to the processes tab and search for the QBW32.EXE process.
- Choose the process and then hit on End Task.
- Next, remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and then open QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Walkway 2: Removing the Ecml file
- You are first required to press Win + R keys together.
- And then, the Run window will appear on the screen.
- You are then required to enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the Run window.
- Next step is to head to the Window explorer (by pressing Win + E keys together).
- Subsequently, remove the ecml file, followed by right-clicking and hitting the Delete option.
- Once done with the preceding step, close the window.
- Finally, run the QuickBooks software and register the product again.
- You are good to go. Check if the error got its roots cut off.
Walkway 3: Alter the filename of the Entitlement file
Windows XP users:
- To start away, click on the Start tab and select the Run box.
- Now, enter the following path in the Run Box: “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Then, hit on the OK button.
- And that, you need to rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7, 8:
- Proceed to C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- Next step is to rename the Entitlement file.
- Now, open QuickBooks. The software will automatically Create a new file.
- Next step is to un-hide the program data folder by conforming to the below mentioned steps:
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- Then choose the Hidden files and folders option.
- After that, open QuickBooks and check if the error occurred.
Windows 10 and 11:
- You need to first right-click on the Start tab, then choose the Control Panel option.
- After that go to Appearance and Personalization option and choose File Explorer Options.
- Next, proceed to the View tab.
- You are then required to change the Hidden files and folders setting to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- You may alternatively un-check the Hide protected operating system files option.
- Once the above-illustrated steps are properly performed, you need to click on Apply and then hit on the OK button.
Walkway 4: Download, Install and Launch QuickBooks Tool hub
Step 1: Run the Quick Fix My Program feature of QuickBooks Tool Hub
In case the above processes failed to rectify the error, then you can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub. The instructions to be followed are given below:
- In the inception, close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Then, download the QuickBooks tool hub (most recent version (126.96.36.199) on the system and save it in your PC).
- Subsequently, run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file).
- Then Accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement,
- Once the tool hub successfully installed on your PC, click on Finish.
- Now double-click the QuickBooks tool hub icon to open it.
- After that choose Quick fix my program option from Program Problems tab.
- Now, click on OK tab.
- To conclude, end the process and open the QuickBooks software to access the data file.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub and then install the same.
- Once the installation in complete, Run the tool.
- After that, choose the Installation issues tab in the tool hub.
- Follow it up by choosing the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and then running it.
- Let the tool run and detect the issue(s) (if any). Note that the process might take some time to culminate.
- To conclude the process, you need to reboot your system.
Step 3: Run the 3371 Error fix from Tool hub
In case you have already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub, then directly use the 337 error fix program, or else first download the tool hub program and then carry out the steps below.
- Double-click on the QB Tool hub icon on the windows desktop to open it.
- In the tool hub, choose the Installation issues tab.
- Then, choose the 3371 Error fix.
- After that, click on OK tab and then launch the QuickBooks software.
- Now open the data file and inspect whether the error got fixed.
Walkway 5: Perform a Clean installation of Windows and QuickBooks
- You are required to install the latest Windows update.
- Afterward, choose the All Programs tab and then the Windows update option.
- The next step is to finish all the Windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- Now, you need to Recreate the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then solve the License and fix registration issues.
- The final step is to click on Reinstall and carry out a clean installation.
Walkway 6: Update Windows Operating System
In case the windows is obsolete, it becomes pertinent to update it to the latest version. This can be done by carrying out the steps provided below:
- Initially, click on Windows Start menu and choose the Check for updates option.
- Proceed ahead by reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Also, update QuickBooks desktop again.
Walkway 7: Wipe off any Junk Files
Cleaning the junk files from your PC may rectify the QuickBooks Error 3371. Follow the steps given below:
- Initially, access the File Explorer(by pressing Win + E keys together) and choose This PC.
- Afterward, choose Properties.
- Then, hit on Disk Cleanup.
- Choose Clean System Files.
- Finally, hit on the OK tab, followed by choosing the Delete Files option.
You can manually clean Temporary Files in your system by adhering to the below mentioned steps:
- Access the Run Window by pressing the Win + R keys together.
- Afterward, type %Temp% in the box and hit Enter.
- The folder containing all the temp files opens up.
- Press the Ctrl + A keys together to choose all the files and then hit the Delete key to remove all the temporary files.
We hope that by following the steps given above, you were able to uproot the QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118. But, if for some chance, the issue still persists or you are not able to resolve the issue for some reasons even after performing the steps, then you can reach out to our U.S. based accounting professionals by calling our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team of specialists will be more than happy to assist you and offer you unparalleled support.
Other helpful articles: