A Comprehensive guide to get rid of from QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118:
QuickBooks is an unbeatable program that has been ruling the accounting industry for over several decades. It has established its presence across the globe and has revolutionized the way that people carry out their accounting tasks. There is no doubt that QuickBooks has been the pioneer on accounting tools that are suited to entrepreneurs around the world and it is spreading around like explosion in terms of managing the bookkeeping and accounting processes. But as everything comes with it’s pros and cons, QuickBooks is also not entirely free of technical issues. Tech-related issues are quite frequent when it comes to this software. Every bug is assigned an error status code, or message, which making it simple for users to implement the appropriate steps. One of these critical errors can be the QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118. Sometimes, when you activates or open up the QuickBooks desktop, you might see a few of error messages indicating these error codes.
If you’re experiencing this issue and are looking for an easy guide on how to get rid of from this problem, then you’re in the right spot. We have compiled this piece of article written by our U.S based certified professionals, in which we have covered every aspect of QuickBooks error code 3371. So, make sure to go through it till the end. Also, you can consult with QuickBooks error support team by dialing helpline 1-800-761-1787, in order to save your precious time and efforts in solving this error. Our experts will help you to fix this error for you.
You might also see: How to Repair the QuickBooks error code H202?
What is QuickBooks error code 3371?
When the QuickBooks user re-configures the desktop or setup the QuickBooks company file for the very first time, then in that case it is most probable to encounter QuickBooks error code 3371. The another reason behind to this error is Entitlement DataStore.ecml file gets damaged which contains the license properties of the QuickBooks desktop. This error code can appear with various error messages just like:
In other words we can say that this error occurs when we try to activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. Another error messages you might see on your desktop screen are as:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
All these error messages could appear, when the software license is not valid. The dialog box with the error message appears on the screen and also clicking OK will pop up another error ‘QuickBooks fatal Error‘. To close the error box window simply click on OK button one more time.
Due to this error, the QuickBooks software fails to sync the license properties every time, when we try to open the QuickBooks. There are various facts discussed later in this post, let us check out together!
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 3371
You can easily identify the QuickBooks error 3371 status code -11118 by keeping the below mentioned signs and symptoms in mind:
- Your system gets hanged somehow or the QuickBooks might crash whenever you opens it.
- If you gets notified for a mysterious HTML file, then in that case it would be a sign of QuickBooks error 3371.
- Users are unable to open the company file in QuickBooks can also be one of the symptoms.
- This error can also be seen at the time of the cloning process from C:\ drive to another new hard drive.
What triggers to Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties?
Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks has made it mandatory for us to store the license on the hard drive, and by chance if you loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, then you are probable to encounter this sort of error. Also, at the time when you clones the data into the C:/ drive, the error can appear. This would demand to delete the entitlement file and also re-entering the license information. QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118 can be a result of multiple issues, a few of which we have mentioned below:
- Error code 80029c4a can be one of the causes
- Missing Qbregistration.dat file can be one of the reasons. The installation file usually contains the license data stored in the hard drive, and if this file gets damaged, then it is prominent to get this sort of error.
- Your QuickBooks desktop have performance issues
- You can also encounter this error if you loses the connection to the QuickBooks data file
- Issues with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop
- Uncompleted or unsuccessful Windows updates can keep the windows components outdated and not as required by QuickBooks.
- Crash com error in QuickBooks can lead to this error
- If the QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, it might lead to error 3371
- Damaged MSXML component related to Windows operating system, which is needed for QuickBooks. It is one of the most important components by Microsoft, which is needed to run the system. If this file gets damaged, then accessing QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Anti-virus interruption can also be one of the most common causes.
Important Points to remember
- You should first ensure that the Windows is updated to the latest release.
- In case the error still persists, it might be due to corrupted windows operating system.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users might face this issue if they open the file before saving it. In that situation users firstly save the company file before you import the .QBO file.
6 Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118
QuickBooks error code 3371 can be easily tackled by carrying out a few simple methods. In this article, we will be exploring each of the methods one by one, let us check out the methods:
Method 1: Close all the running applications
- At first close your QuickBooks desktop.
- And then close all running QuickBooks processes.
- Followed by typing in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the run window, and along with that hit OK tab.
- For the above step, you will have to open task manager.
- Now move to the tab named processes and find all QBW32.EXE instances.
- After that choose them and then select End Task.
- Next, remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and then open QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Method 2: Removing the Ecml file
- You are first required to press Windows + R keys together.
- And then, a window will appear on the screen and then you need to enter or copy and paste it at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- Next step is to spot window explorer as the next location.
- And then remove the ecml file, followed by right clicking and selecting delete option.
- Once done with that, close the windows option.
- Finally you have to run QuickBooks and then register the product again, and you are good to go.
Method 3: Changing the name of the Entitlement file
Windows XP users:
- The windows XP users will have to initially click on the Start tab and then select Run box.
- After that, enter the path to spot the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″.
- Once done with that, you will have to hit OK button.
- And then rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7, 8:
- The Windows 7 users are supposed to move to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- And then rename the Entitlement file.
- Followed by opening QuickBooks and automatically creating a new file for you.
- Next step in the process is to carry out a few more steps to unhide the program data folder.
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- And then hit Hidden files and folders option.
- After that, open QuickBooks and check if the error occurred.
Windows 10 and 11:
- Firstly hit a right-click on the Start tab, then choose Control Panel option.
- After that go to Appearance and Personalization and choose File Explorer Options.
- Next, hit a click on the View tab.
- Now scroll down a bit and alter the Hidden files and folders setting to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- You may optionally uncheck the Hide protected operating system files box as well.
- Once the all steps are properly done hit a click on Apply and then OK button.
Method 4: Download, Install and use QuickBooks tool hub program
Step 1: Run Quick fix my program, using QuickBooks tool hub
In case the above process failed, then you can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, you need to close QuickBooks desktop.
- And then download the QuickBooks tool hub (most recent version (184.108.40.206) on the system and save it on your system.
- After that run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file).
- Then accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement,
- Once the tool hub successfully installed on your computer hit a click on Finish option.
- Now double click on the QuickBooks tool hub icon to open it.
- After that choose Quick fix my program option from Program Problems tab.
- Now hit a click on OK tab.
- Finally end the process and open QuickBooks to open the data file.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool from tool hub program
- The initial step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub and then open the same.
- After that select the installation issues tab, in the tools hub.
- Followed by selecting the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and then run it.
- And now, let the tool run and detect the issue. Also, note that the process might take some time.
- To end the process, you need to reboot the system.
Step 3: Run the 3371 Error fix from Tool hub
In case you have already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub, then directly use the 337 error fix program, or else first download the tool hub program and then carry out the steps below.
- Double click on the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- In the tools hub, choose the installation issues tab.
- And then choose the 3371 Error fix.
- After that click on OK tab and lastly, start QuickBooks and open the data file.
Method 5: Perform a Clean installation of Windows and QuickBooks
- You will have to install the latest windows update.
- And then hit a click on All Programs tab and then Windows update options.
- The next step is to finish the upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- Now recreate the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then solve the license and fix registration issues.
- The last step is to hit a click on reinstall and carry out a clean installation.
Method 6: Updating Windows operating system
In case the windows is obsolete, you will have to update it to the latest version. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Initially, hit a click on Windows tab and then hit check for updates tab.
- Followed by reinstalling QuickBooks desktop.
- Also update QuickBooks desktop again.
We hope that by following the steps given above, you’re now able to fix QuickBooks error 3371: Status code 11118 that is caused by damaged or missing files. But, if for some chance, the issue still persists or you are not able to resolve the issue for some reasons even after performing the steps, then you can reach out to our U.S. based accounting professionals by calling our support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team of specialists will be than happy to assist you.
Other helpful articles: