A Comprehensive guide to get rid of QuickBooks error code 3371
QuickBooks is an incomparable software that is dominating the accounting industry for around decades. This software has marked its presence all over the world and has transformed the way people carried out their accounting activities. No doubt, QuickBooks has been the pioneer in accounting solutions for entrepreneurs all over the world and is spreading like a wildfire, when it comes to managing the accounting and bookkeeping activities. But as everything comes with its pros and cons, so is the QB accounting software. In order to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the software numerous codes are involved in it, but at the same time these codes are the ones that make this software prone to certain errors.
Technical snags are pretty common, when it comes to QuickBooks software. Each bug is assigned an error code, which makes it easy for the users to carry out the effective measures. One such critical error is QuickBooks error 3371, status code 11118. At times, when the user activates or open up QB desktop, the user might see a few of error messages indicating this error code. If you are also looking for a guide to do away with this error code, then you have landed on the right place. We have come up with this article written by our U.S based certified professionals, where we have discussed each and every fact related to QuickBooks error code 3371. Thus, make sure to read it till the end.
Or you can also consult our QuickBooks error support team by means of our helpline 1-800-761-1787, in order to learn other facts associated with QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 and also if you want our experts help to fix the error for you.
You might also see: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202?
What is QuickBooks error code 3371?
When the QuickBooks user re-configures the desktop or setup the QuickBooks company file for the very first time, then in that case it is most probable to encounter QuickBooks error code 3371. The another reason behind to this error is Entitlement DataStore.ecml file gets damaged which contains the license properties of the QuickBooks desktop. This error code can appear with various error messages just like:
In other words we can say that this error occurs when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop. Another error messages you might see on your desktop screen are as:
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
All these error messages could appear, when the software license is not valid. The dialog box with the error message appears on the screen and also clicking OK will pop up another error ‘QuickBooks fatal Error‘. To close the error box window simply click on OK button one more time.
Due to this error, the QuickBooks accounting software fails to sync the license properties every time, the user opens up QuickBooks. There are various facts discussed later in this post, let us check out.
What Triggers to QuickBooks error code 3371?
Intuit, the developer of QuickBooks has made it mandatory for the users to store the license on the hard drive, and by chance the user loses the info, file, or license data get corrupted, missing or damaged, the user is probable to encounter this sort of error.
Also, at the time when the user clones the data into the C:/ drive, the error can appear. This would demand to delete the entitlement file and also re-entering the license information. QuickBooks error code 3371 status code 11118 can be a result of multiple issues, a few of which we have mentioned below:
- Error code 80029c4a can be one of the causes
- Missing Qbregistration.dat file can be one of the reasons. The installation file usually contains the license data stored in the hard drive, and if this files get damaged, then it is prominent to get this sort of error.
- Another cause can be QuickBooks desktop performance issues
- The user can also encounter this error can be if the user loses the connection to the QB data file
- Issues with printing, emailing, or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop
- Uncompleted or unsuccessful Windows updates can keep the windows components outdated and not as required by QuickBooks.
- Crash com error in QuickBooks can lead to this error.
- Also, if the QuickBooks stopped working error occurs, it might lead to error 3371
- Damaged MSXML component related to Windows operating system, which is needed for QuickBooks. It is one of the most important components by Microsoft, which is needed to run the system. If this file gets damaged, then accessing QuickBooks becomes difficult.
- Anti-virus interruption can also be one of the most common causes
Points to remember
- The user should first ensure that the Windows is updated to the latest release.
- And also, if the error persists, it might be due to corrupted windows operating system.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users might face this issue if they open the file before saving it. In that situation users firstly save the company file before you import the .QBO file.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks Error code 80070057?
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks error 3371
The user can easily identify the QuickBooks error 3371 status code -11118 by keeping the below mentioned signs and symptoms in mind:
- System gets hanged somehow
- Or the QuickBooks might crash whenever the user opens it up
- Also, if the user gets notified for a mysterious HTML file, then in that case it would be a sign of QuickBooks error 3371
- QB user is unable to open the company file in QuickBooks can also be one of the symptoms
- This error can also be seen at the time of the cloning process from C:\ drive to another new hard drive.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error code 3371
QuickBooks error code 3371 can be easily tackled by carrying out a few simple methods. In today’s post, we will be exploring each of the methods one by one, let us check out the methods:
Method 1: Shutting down all the running applications
- The very first step in this process is to close QuickBooks
- And then close all running QuickBooks processes
- Followed by typing in C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the run window, and along with that hit OK tab
- For the above step, the user will have to open task manager
- And then move to the tab named processes and find all QBW32.EXE instances
- After that select them and then select End Task
- The next step is to remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- And then open QuickBooks company file and register the application.
Method 2: Removing the Ecml file
- The user is first required to press Windows + R keys together.
- And then, a window will appear on the screen and then the user needs to enter or copy and paste it at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- The next step is to spot window explorer as the next location
- And then remove the ecml file, followed by right clicking and selecting delete option
- Once done with that, the user needs to close the windows option
- Moving ahead, the user will have to run QuickBooks and then register the product again, and you are good to go.
Method 3: Changing the name of the Entitlement file
Windows XP users:
- The windows XP users will have to initially click on the Start tab and then select Run box
- After that, enter the path to spot the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2″
- Once done with that, the user will have to hit OK button.
- And then rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Windows 7 users:
- The Windows 7 users are supposed to move to the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- And then rename the Entitlement file
- Followed by opening QuickBooks and automatically creating a new file for the user
- The next step in the process is to carry out a few more steps to unhide the program data folder
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search options.
- And then hit Hidden files and folders option
- After that, open QuickBooks and check if the error occurred.
Method 4: Using QuickBooks Tool Hub
In case the above process failed, then the user can make use of the QuickBooks tool hub. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, the user needs to close QuickBooks desktop
- And then download the QuickBooks tool hub on the system and save it on your system.
- After that run the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe file)
- Then accept and agree to the Intuit’s license agreement,
- Once the tool hub successfully installed on your computer hit a click on Finish option
- Now double click on the QuickBooks tool hub icon to open it.
- After that choose Quick fix my program option
- The next step is to select installation issues and then look for Error 3371 to fix it
- Now, click on OK tab
- And then to end the process, open QuickBooks and open the data file.
Read Also: Ways to resolve QuickBooks error code 6000
Method 5: Perform A Clean installation of Windows
- The user will have to install the latest windows update
- And then click on All Programs tab and then Windows update options
- The next step is to finish the upgrades of all the windows updates and get ready to set-up QuickBooks software.
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to recreate the damaged entitlementdatastore.ecml file and then solve the license and fix registration issues
- The last step is to click on reinstall and carry out a clean installation
Method 6: Updating Windows operating system
In case the windows is obsolete, the user will have to update it to the latest version. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The initial step is to click on Windows tab
- And then hit check for updates tab
- Followed by reinstalling QuickBooks desktop
- Also update QuickBooks desktop again.
Related Article: Resolve QuickBooks multi-user mode not working problem
Method 7: Run QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool
- The initial step is to download the QuickBooks tool hub and then open the same
- After that select the installation issues, in the tools hub
- Followed by selecting the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and then run it
- And now, let the tool run and detect the issue. Also, note that the process might take some time
- To end the process, the user needs to reboot the system
Method 8: Run the 3371 Error fix from QuickBooks Tools hub
In case you have already downloaded the QuickBooks tool hub, then directly use the 337 error fix, or else first download the tool hub program and then carry out the steps below.
- The first step is to close the QuickBooks software
- And then, download the latest version of QuickBooks tool hub. Also, save it somewhere you can access it easily
- Now, open the downloaded file
- And also, carry out the on-screen steps to install and agree the terms and conditions
- Moving ahead, double click the icon on the windows desktop to open the tool hub
- In the QuickBooks tools hub, the user is supposed to select the installation issues tab
- And then choose the 3371 Error fix
- After that click on OK tab
- Lastly, start QuickBooks and open the data file
QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 can be caused due to missing or damaged files. Carrying out the above steps can help the user in fixing the issue. However, if by any chance the error persists, or the user is unable to tackle the issue for some reason even after performing the steps above, then reach out to our U.S. based accounting professionals using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team of experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to help you.
We are a hub of technocrats, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime and seeking for assistance!
Other helpful articles: