Get the effective ways to fix QuickBooks error 6131, 0 in enterprise solutions:
When opening any company file, QuickBooks might show up error 6131. This error directly infers that your company file inflicted by certain disruptions caused by data damage or other reasons. It belongs to the 6xxx series of error codes that are related to the company files.
Causes that contribute to QuickBooks Error 6131
- The .ND and.TLG files might be damaged.
- The previous QuickBooks desktop installation was incomplete.
- Error 6131 in QuickBooks may show up due to insufficient administrative privileges.
You might see also: QuickBooks Could Not Connect to Email Server – How to Fix It?
Updated Instructions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6131 When Opening a Company File
Checkouts these easiest ways to rectify the QuickBooks Error 6131 0 while opening the Company file:
Instruction 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- After that, pick the Update Now option.
- Following that, click on Reset Update, and finally hit on Get Updates.
- After the update is finished, quit QuickBooks.
Instruction 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Now, open the tool and then head to the Company File issues option and choose Run QuickBooks file doctor option.
- Browse for the company file that is facing error 6131 and then click on the scan option to fix diagnose and fix the issue.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
Instruction 3: Change the location of the company file
- Visit the folder containing the company files.
- For this, right-click on the QuickBooks.exe icon and click on Properties.
- After that, hit on the Open file location.
- Now, click on the company file and press the Ctrl + C keyboard buttons to copy the file.
- Now, create a new folder on the Desktop and then open it.
- Within the folder, press the Ctrl + V keys together to paste the company file here.
- After this, open QuickBooks and click on the option to open the company file.
- Click on the Browse option and choose the file that you copied to the new folder.
Instruction 4: Rename the .ND and .TLG Files
- Initially, move to the company file folder.
- Now, look for the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- After that, individually right-click on them and choose Rename.
- Next, add “.old” at the end of the file name.
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the company file.
Instruction 5: End QuickBooks Tasks in the Task Manager
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to open the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab.
- Herein, you should individually choose all the QuickBooks processes, including QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe and end them by clicking on the End Task tab.
- Now, open QuickBooks and once again try to open the company file.
- This time around, Error code 6131 in QuickBooks desktop should be fixed.
This marks the end of this blog post. It is pertinent to note that Error 6131 in QuickBooks desktop is many of the other error codes that belong to the 6xxx series of error codes related to the company file-related issues.
While the resolution to these errors is easy, one should be well-versed with the right set of troubleshooting steps to be followed to fix them. In cases you need further assistance related to this issue, please reach out to our QuickBooks error support team via our helpline, i.e., 1-800-761-1787
Error 6131 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Error 6131 belongs to the 6xxx series of error codes that pertain to a damaged company file in QuickBooks. This error may appear while users attempt to open their company files. This error is caused due to a damaged .ND file or corruption in the company file which you are trying to open.
QuickBooks company file errors show up in the form of a wide range of error codes, typically the 6xxx series of error codes, including errors like QuickBooks Error 6000, QuickBooks Error 6131, Error 6123, Error 6190. These errors are caused due to corruption of the company files or some network-related issues.
The Network Files (.ND) files can be fixed by renaming or deleting them. The steps to rename them are:
1. Head to the Company file folder in the QuickBooks folder.
2. Search for the .ND files.
3. Right-click on the file and then click on Rename.
4. Add ‘.old’ at the end of the file name.
5. The .ND file is fixed.
QuickBooks company files can get corrupted due to various issues. These include
1. Abrupt system shutdown due to power failure.
2. Network issues.
3. Virus attack.
4. Damaged .ND and .TLG files
More Helpful resources: