QuickBooks accounting software is regarded to be one of the finest accounting software, and is largely preferred by people across the globe. This software offers some of the great features and functionalities, but at the same time, the fact that this software faces numerous errors, can’t be denied. One of the commonly encountered and reported error is QuickBooks error code 15271. This error is basically seen when the user updates or installs the software. If you are also facing any such error, then in that case make sure to read this post ahead, as we will be discussing the quick fixes, causes, and various other facts related to this error in today’s article.
You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks payroll technical support team for any sort of expert assistance. Just ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will be there to assist you.
You may also like: Steps to setup email service in QuickBooks desktop
What is QuickBooks error code 15271?
Well, the QuickBooks error code 15271 is basically one of the commonly encountered errors, especially when the user tries to update/install or downloading the QuickBooks desktop version i.e. the QB Pro/Payroll/Desktop. This error code basically comes up with an error message:
Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
The error messages basically indicate that there is a file that cannot be validated. There can be a plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of this error, which will be discussed later in this post.
Triggers to the QuickBooks error 15271
There can be a bunch of causes behind this error, a few of which are as follows:
- In case the QuickBooks pro software is not completely installed on the system or the downloaded software file is corrupted
- This sort of error can also be seen if the windows registry gets corrupted due to any recent change in the QuickBooks pro software
- The user can also encounter this error if the corruption in windows file system or program file persists due to any kind of virus attack
- Another factor causing the error can be if the QuickBooks pro related files got delete mistakenly
- Windows files are corrupted
- Windows files that requires QB to run may damaged
- Wrong SSL of the internet explorer can also lead to error 15271
Important points to consider
Before beginning with the process to fix the issue, the user is recommended to carry out the steps below and take the backup of the company file:
- First of all, open QuickBooks desktop
- And then move to the file menu
- After that click on the backup company and then click on create local backup
- The next step is to carry pit the on-screen prompts and create a backup of the company file.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error code 15271
There can be more than one solution to get rid of QuickBooks error 15271. We will be discussing each of the solutions one by one below:
Method 1: Clean installation of QuickBooks in selective start-up mode
- Firstly, press Windows tab and then hold R key
- Then, the user will see a run dialog box
- After that, type in msconfig and then enter OK button
- The next step is to choose the selective startup option under the general tab in main menu tab
- Followed by, selecting the load system services
- And then move to the services tab and then click on the hide all Microsoft services option
- Then hit a click on disable all option
- Along with that uncheck the hide all Microsoft services
- And to verify that the windows installer is marked as checked confirm the service list. Check-mark the same and then hit OK
- The next step is to click on restart tab in the system configuration option
- And then carry out an un-installation and then reinstallation of QuickBooks.
See Also: What is QuickBooks payroll error 2000?
Method 2: Clean the system junk files
- The user is supposed to conduct a full malware scan on the system
- And then clean the junk files
- And update the PC device drivers as instantly
- The next step is to utilize the windows system to restore them and then fix it as recently system changes
- After that, the user needs to uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks pro app with critical error 15271
- The user is then required to run Windows system file checker
- And also try to install all the latest windows updates
- The last step is to carry out a clean installation of windows OS
Method 3: Changing the system registry
- The initial step is to apply any registry repair system where the user can repair the harmed registry entries that are related to the QuickBooks software
- And then press Start tab
- Followed by writing command in the search dialog box. The user should avoid hitting the Enter key
- And press Ctrl + Shift keys and then hit Enter key
- The next step is to select Yes and a permission dialog box will appear
- A black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen
- And then write regedit and then select an option to hit enter
- The user will then be required to select the failure 15271 from a registry editor
- And then select Export from the main file menu
- After that select the folder where the data back up is to be saved and then select the save option.
- The next step is to save a file and assure that the selected branch into the selected from the export range
- And then fix the attack of malware contamination. After that make use of the malware expulsion system and then arrange the malware from the system.
- The last step is to remove all understandable ad well as garbage records from a system.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
To resolve this error you can update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release:
- The user is supposed to select the update QuickBooks option from the help menu
- And then move to the options tab, on the update QuickBooks window
- The next step is to turn on automatic updates by simply clicking the update QuickBooks window
- Now, click on close
- And then the QuickBooks software will download the latest release update
Method 5: Turning off UAC in windows
This brings us to the last method to fix the error, in which the user is supposed to turn off the UAC in windows. The steps to be followed are:
In windows Vista:
If you are a windows Vista user, then you will have to follow the steps below:
- The first step is to select Windows tab
- And then select control panel
- And then type in UAC in the given search box and then hit Enter key
- After that, click to the turn user account ON or OFF
- Followed by clicking on OK
- And lastly reboot the system
In Windows 7, 8, and 10:
- For Windows 7, 8, and 10 users, the first step is to move to the control panel settings
- In windows 7: Choose the start tab and then select control panel
- In windows 8: From the start menu type control panel, the user will have to click on control panel
- Enter UAC
- And then click on change user account control settings
- Followed by turning off the UAC and move to the slider to never notify
- And after that click on OK and then enter the password or confirmation, when prompted. In case you want to make any changes, then the user will have to reboot the system
- Now turn as ON your UAC, by moving the slider to when you want to be notified
- And lastly, click on the OK tab
It should be noted that this will help you in critical situation. In case the error persists, then it is recommended to restart the system. Also, if the QuickBooks update service message window appears, then click on install later tab and reset the QuickBooks release update.
Read Also: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6189?
With this, we come to the end of this post, and we hope that the above discussed solutions might have helped you in fixing the QuickBooks payroll error code 15271 up to certain extent. Moreover, in case the error persists you can also make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and let our 24X7 QuickBooks error experts fix the error for you.
Do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as our experts and certified QB professionals work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance for sorts of QuickBooks related queries.
Other helpful posts: