Learn the different ways to fix payroll update error 15271 in QuickBooks Desktop:
QuickBooks desktop application is regarded to be one of the finest accounting software and is largely preferred by people across the globe. This software offers some great features and functionalities, but at the same time, the fact that this software faces numerous errors, can’t be denied. One of the commonly encountered and reported errors is QuickBooks error code 15271. This error is basically seen when we update or install the accounting software. If you are also facing this error, then, in that case, make sure to read this post ahead, as we will be discussing the quick fixes, causes, and various other facts related to this error in this article. For additional assistance on other QuickBooks issues or technical guidance, you can contact us directly at our helpline at 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks experts will leave no stone unturned in addressing all your QuickBooks queries.
What is QuickBooks error code 15271?
Well, the QuickBooks update error 15271 is basically one of the commonly encountered errors, especially when you try to update/install or while downloading the QuickBooks desktop version i.e. the Pro/Payroll/Desktop. This error code basically comes up with an error message:
|Error 15271:||The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.|
|Error 15271:||The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.|
The error messages basically indicate that there is a file that cannot be validated. There can be plenty of reasons behind the occurrence of this error, which will be discussed later in this post.
What triggers the QuickBooks payroll update error 15271?
There can be a bunch of causes behind this QuickBooks update error 15271, a few of which are as follows:
- In case the QuickBooks pro software is not completely installed on the system or the downloaded software file is corrupted.
- This sort of error can also be seen if the Windows registry gets corrupted due to any recent change in the QuickBooks pro software.
- You can also encounter this error if the corruption in the Windows file system or program file persists due to any kind of virus attack.
- If the QuickBooks pro-related files got deleted mistakenly, that may also lead to this problem.
- Windows files are corrupted, or Windows files required for running QuickBooks may be damaged.
- The wrong SSL of internet explorer can also lead to QuickBooks error code 15271.
Important points to consider
Before beginning with the process to fix the issue, you are recommended to carry out the steps below and take the backup of the company file:
- First of all, open QuickBooks desktop.
- And then move to the File menu.
- After that, hit a click on the Backup company and then click on Create local backup.
- Next step is to carry pit the on-screen prompts and create a backup of the company file.
You may also like: Steps to Install Multiple Versions of QuickBooks Desktop in One Computer
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15271
There can be more than one solution to get rid of QuickBooks error 15271. We will be discussing each of the solutions one by one below:
Method 1: Clean installation of QuickBooks in selective start-up mode
- Firstly, press the Windows tab and then hold the R key on the keyboard.
- Then, you will see a Run dialog box.
- Next, type in Msconfig and then enter the OK button.
- Next step is to choose the Selective startup option under the General tab in the main menu tab,
- Followed by, selecting the Load system services.
- And then, move to the Services tab and then click on the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Then hit a click on Disable all option.
- Along with that, uncheck the option to Hide all Microsoft services.
- And to verify that the Windows installer is marked as checked, confirm the service list. Checkmark the same and then hit OK.
- Now hit a click on the Restart tab in the System configuration option.
- And then carry out an un-installation and then reinstallation of QuickBooks.
Method 2: Clean the system junk files
- Firstly, you need to Conduct a full malware scan on the system.
- And then Clean the junk files.
- Now, update the PC device drivers as instantly.
- Next step is to utilize the Windows system to Restore them and then fix them as recent system changes.
- After that, Uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks pro app with critical error 15271.
- You are then required to run the Windows system file checker.
- And also, try to Install all the latest Windows updates.
- The last step is to carry out a Clean installation of Windows OS.
Method 3: Changing the system registry
Users can also resort to certain alterations in the Windows Registry for fixing error code 15271 in QuickBooks. The guidelines for altering the system registry are given as under:
- Initially, Apply any registry repair system where you can repair the harmed registry entries that are related to the QuickBooks software
- And then press Start tab.
- Followed by writing ”command” in the search dialog box. You should avoid hitting the Enter key.
- And press Ctrl + Shift keys and then hit Enter key.
- Next step is to select Yes and a permission dialog box will appear.
- A black box with a blinking cursor will appear on the screen.
- And then, write ”regedit” on this screen and then hit Enter key.
- You will then be required to select the ”error 15271” from a registry editor.
- And then, choose Export from the main File menu.
- After that select the Folder where the data back up is to be saved and then select the Save option.
- Next, save a file and assure that the selected Branch into the selected from the Export range.
- And then fix the attack of malware contamination. After that make use of the malware expulsion system and then arrange the malware from the system.
- The last step is to Remove all understandable ad well as garbage records from a system.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks to the latest release
To resolve this error, you can update your QuickBooks desktop to latest release:
- You are supposed to select the Update QuickBooks option from the Help menu.
- And then move to the Options tab, on the Update QuickBooks window.
- The next step is to Turn on automatic updates by simply clicking the Update QuickBooks window.
- Now click on Close.
- And then the QuickBooks software will download the latest release update.
Method 5: Turning off UAC in windows
This brings us to the last method to fix the error, in which it is supposed to turn off the UAC in windows. The steps to be followed are:
In Windows Vista:
If you are a Windows Vista user, then you will have to follow the steps below:
- The first step is to select Windows tab and then select the Control panel.
- Now type in UAC in the given search box and then hit Enter key.
- After that, hit a click to the Turn user account ON or OFF.
- Followed by clicking on the OK button.
- And lastly, reboot the system.
In Windows 7, 8, and 10:
- For Windows 7, 8, and 10 users, the first step is to move to the Control panel settings.
- In Windows 7: Choose the Start tab and then select Control panel.
- In Windows 8: From the Start menu type Control panel, you will have to click on Control panel.
- Enter UAC.
- And then click on Change user account control settings.
- Followed by Turning off the UAC and move to the slider to Never notify.
- And after that click on OK and then Enter the password or confirmation, when prompted. In case you want to make any changes, then you will have to reboot the system.
- Now turn as ON your UAC, by moving the slider to when you want to be notified.
- And lastly, hit a click on the OK tab.
It should be noted that this will help you in critical situation. In case the error persists, then it is recommended to restart the system. Also, if the QuickBooks update service message window appears, then click on Install later tab and Reset the QuickBooks release update.
Method 6: Use Safe Mode to Install Payroll Updates
Consider attempting to install Payroll Updates in Safe Mode. To accomplish this, adhere to the directions below:
- After selecting the “Start” button on your desktop, choose “Restart” from the “Shutdown” menu.
- Hold down the “F8” key as Windows reboots to display the “Advanced Boot” Options screen.
- Click “Safe Mode” and then hit “Enter.”
- Install the payroll updates one again once Windows restarts in Safe Mode.
With this, we come to the end of this post, and we hope that the above discussed solutions might have helped you in fixing the QuickBooks payroll error code 15271 up to certain extent. Moreover, in case the error persists you can also make a call at i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and let our 24X7 QuickBooks payroll support team to fix the error for you.
Do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as our U.S based best accounting experts and certified professionals work round the clock to provide the best possible assistance for sorts of QuickBooks related queries.
Other helpful posts: