Resolve the display issues in QuickBooks without any hassle:
QuickBooks accounting software is loaded with impeccable features which make it highly customer-friendly and easy to use. In spite of such amazing features, few users might face unwanted delays due to various technical and non-technical aberrations. One such annoying error that annoys users is the issue related to the display. The display issues might be frequently witnessed in QuickBooks, especially in case of the high-resolution graphics displays. Various issues might come up with the display, which includes some fields in QuickBooks desktop display “Black” in place of the expected “White”. Overusing the product might lead to such an issue in the majority of the cases.
If you have a newer high-resolution monitor, then it is needed to change the default settings in QuickBooks. If the icons or fonts look fuzzy, or if the Windows are blank or strangely sized, then you need not worry. This article will deal with all sorts of QuickBooks desktop display/screen issues. We will give you an insight into the signs, symptoms, reasons, and other fixation steps to fix the QuickBooks display errors. Also, we have an alternative for the same, which is to contact our professionals at 1-800-761-1787. We will answer all your queries in the best possible way.
Signs that indicate Display issues in QuickBooks Desktop
There can be certain signs and symptoms of display issues in the QuickBooks desktop. Let us have an in-depth look:
- The first symptom can be if the transaction form doesn’t fit the system screen.
- If a field overwrites and hides its label, then it can be a symptom of display issues.
- Missing buttons and huge fonts can be another symptom of the display issue.
- Unclear screen, especially when you maximize or minimize it.
- A blank home page can be another symptom.
- If the sizing of the icon at the top right corner of the screen doesn’t reflect.
What causes the screen issues in QuickBooks?
Talking about DPI, QuickBooks is coded and designed for the default windows “Dot per inch” setting of smaller- 100%. Many systems with higher resolution might have DPI settings of 125-150% which can lead to display issues.
You may also read: How to Export QuickBooks Online Data Files to Desktop?
Methods to resolve the screen issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Resolving display issues in QuickBooks becomes easy if you adhere to the methods below. Visit each of the methods very carefully.
Method 1: Change the Display settings
The initial method requires you to change the display settings, but before that, you need to change the display and view preferences in QuickBooks. The steps to be followed are:
- Initially, close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Afterward, hit on the Windows Start menu.
- Follow it up by typing QuickBooks into the Search field. After that, right-click on the QuickBooks icon and also hit on the Open file location.
- Proceeding ahead, right-click on the QuickBooks.exe file and also choose the Properties option.
- Next step is to proceed to the Compatibility tab.
- Choose the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings checkbox. Also, opt for the Change high DPI settings option and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- The final step is to hit on Apply and then hit on the OK button.
You need to open QuickBooks and look for display issues.
Method 2: Adjust the view preferences in QuickBooks
- In this particular method, proceed to the Edit menu and choose Preferences in QuickBooks.
- Afterward, choose the Desktop view from the list and then opt for My preferences tab.
- You need to hit on the One window option in the View section and then choose the OK tab.
You will have to close and reopen QuickBooks and the company file. Also, check around for display issues.
Method 3: Make changes in the Windows Display Settings
QuickBooks works greatly with Windows DPI settings. Changes in these settings might lead to various display issues. It is very much important for you to keep in mind that changing the Windows settings will affect all the programs installed on your PC and not just QuickBooks. The steps to be followed here are:
On Windows 7
- You are supposed to right-click on the Desktop and choose the Screen option.
- Furthermore, proceed to the Display settings and click on make text and items larger.
- Afterward, choose the Option next to Smaller-100%
- Finally, save changes and reboot the system for the change to reflect.
On Windows 8/8.1
- Initially, right-click on the Desktop and choose the Screen tab.
- Heading forward, choose to Make text and other items bigger or smaller at the bottom of the display settings.
- Moreover, unmark Allow me to opt for one Scaling level for my displays.
- You are also required to drag the Slider to smaller than 100% to ascertain that the text and other items are of normal size.
- To conclude, Save changes and restart the computer system.
On Windows 10
- As a Windows 10 user, hit on the Start tab and proceed to the Control Panel.
- Afterward, hit on the Win + X keys.
- Choose Appearance and personalization.
- Head to the Change item size section and hit Set custom scaling.
- From the drop-down list, choose 100% and press the OK tab.
- Hit on the Apply tab and also Sign out for changes to take effect.
Method 4: Restart Windows
- This method mandates you to reboot the Windows 10 or Windows 8 systems.
- And also, open the Start menu.
- Afterward, hit on the Power option and opt for Restart.
- And for Windows 7, Vista, or XP systems, hit on the Start tab on the taskbar.
- And also, for Windows 7 or vista, hit on the Small arrow and then choose the Shutdown option.
- If you are a Windows XP user, then hit on the Shutdown or turn off system.
- Finally, choose to reboot the system.
Method 5: Update Video Card drivers
Another method to fix the QuickBooks screen issues is to update video card drivers to the recent release. The steps involved in this are:
- The initial step is to hit on the Start tab.
- Afterward, move to the Control Panel.
- Now, choose the Device option.
- Thereafter, right-click on the Video card that appears and also choose the Update driver option.
- You will then have to hit on Search.
- For updating the drivers manually, you need to write the video card’s name from the device manager in the display adapters window.
- You will then navigate to the manufacturer’s website and look for the tips from the website.
- Now spot the Driver option and enter the Card’s name.
- After that, download the driver. Follow it up by running the downloaded file and carrying out the onscreen instructions.
- Lastly, reboot the system.
Method 6: Make Changes to the QBW.ini file
- Initially, go to the Windows option.
- And then, type or copy paste the Correct file path for the QuickBooks version and hit the Enter key.
- QuickBooks 2018: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks 2018 \QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 18.0: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0 \QBW.ini QuickBooks 2017: C:\ProgramData\Intuit \QuickBooks 2017\QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 17.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2016: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks 2016\QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 16.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit \QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0 \QBW.ini QuickBooks 2015: C:\ProgramData \Intuit \QuickBooks 2015 \QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 15.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 15.0\QBW.ini
- To end the process, go at the end of the file and copy paste the text into the file:
- Classic- 0
- Also, make sure to Save the qbw.ini file and open QuickBooks to check if the display issue pervades.
Method 7: Close all the QuickBooks processes
- Restart the QuickBooks software.
- Hit on the Windows Start tab and proceed to the Start menu.
- The next step is to type ‘Task manager‘ and open the same.
- You will then have to hit on the Processes tab. This shall show the current processes running on your system.
- Now, look for a process- QuickBooks (32-bit) or exe.
- Once you spot the process linked with the QuickBooks software, choose the same and hit on the End Process option. In case it is not spotted, then it means that all the QuickBooks instances are already closed.
- And lastly, restart your PC. Upon restarting the computer, launch the QuickBooks software and check if the display issues got uprooted.
Method 8: Configuring Compatibility settings
- Launch Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, and then select Compatibility View Settings.
- The tools menu can be accessed by pressing ALT + T. Verify that the Add this Website option does not include intuit.com or qbo.intuit.com.
- Additionally, check that the Display all websites checkbox is not selected in the Compatibility View menu.
- You should also uncheck the box next to Include updated website listings from Microsoft.
- Close Internet Explorer afterward.
- Check to see whether the Display Issues in QuickBooks have been fixed by opening QuickBooks.
Read Also: What is QuickBooks component repair tool?
The QuickBooks goes black issue and various other display issues can be resolved by carrying out the above methods. We have tried to sum up the solutions that can help you to resolve the QuickBooks desktop display issues.
However, in case the error continues to trouble you, or if you are having any queries, then we can help you out with some relevant answers to all your queries. You can ring up our QuickBooks enterprise support team at our helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our U.S based accounting experts will be there to assist you in a single call.
You might also consider