Learn how to resolve font sizing or other display problems in QuickBooks:
QuickBooks accounting software is loaded with some great features, one of which is that it is highly customer friendly. In spite of such amazing features, the users might face some unwanted delays due to various technical and non-technical glitches. One such annoying error includes the display error. The display issues might be seen with QuickBooks, and especially for the highly resolution graphics displays. Various issues might come up with the display, which includes some fields in QuickBooks desktop display “Black” in place of the expected “White”. Overusing the product might lead to such an issue in majority of the cases.
If the user has a newer high-resolution monitor, then it is needed to change the default settings in QuickBooks. If the icons or fonts look fuzzy, or if the windows are blank or strangely sized, then need not to worry. Today’s article will deal with all sorts of QuickBooks display issues.
We will let you know the signs, symptoms, reasons, and other fixation steps to fix the QuickBooks display errors. We also have an alternative for the same, which is to contact our professionals via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. You can call us at any point of time, and we will answer all your queries in the best possible way.
You may also read: How to Export QuickBooks Online Data Files to Desktop?
What are the Signs of display issues in QuickBooks desktop
There can be certain signs and symptoms of display issues in QuickBooks desktop. Let us have a look:
- The very first symptom can be if the transaction form doesn’t fit the system screen
- Or if the sizing of the icon at the top right corner of the screen doesn’t reflect
- Also, a field overwrites and hides its label, then it can be a symptom of display issues
- Missing buttons and huge fonts can be another symptom of display issue
- Blank home page can be another symptom
- Unclear screen, especially when the user maximizes or minimizes it
Reasons behind QuickBooks display issues
Talking about DPI, QuickBooks is coded and designed for the default windows “Dot per inch” setting of smaller- 100%. Many systems with higher resolution might have DPI settings of 125-150% that can lead to display issues.
Methods to resolve the screen issues in QuickBooks desktop
Resolving display issues in QuickBooks become easy, by carrying out the methods below. Check out the below methods to correct the issues.
Method 1: Changing the display settings
The very first method is to change the display settings, but before that the user need to change the display and view preferences in QuickBooks. The steps to be followed are:
- First of all, the user needs to close the QuickBooks desktop
- And then, open the windows start menu
- Followed by, typing in QuickBooks into the search. After that, the user needs to right click the QuickBooks icon and also select the open file location
- Moving ahead, the user needs to right click the QuickBooks.exe file and also choose the properties option
- The next step is to move to the compatibility tab
- And also, choose the disable display scaling on high DPI settings checkbox. Also, the user can select the change high DPI settings and then override high DPI scaling behavior
- The last step is to choose apply and then click on OK button.
The user needs to open QuickBooks and look for display issues.
Method 2: Adjusting the view preferences in QuickBooks
- In this particular method, the user needs to navigate to the edit menu and select preferences in the QuickBooks
- After that, select the desktop view from the list and then my preferences tab
- The user needs to select the one window option in the view section and then choose OK tab
The user will have to close and reopen QuickBooks and the company file. Also, the user needs to check around for display issues.
Method 3: Change Windows display settings
QuickBooks works greatly with windows DPI settings. Changes in these setting might lead to display issues. It is very much important for the user to keep in mind, that changing the windows settings will affect all the programs on the system, and not just QuickBooks. The steps to be followed here are:
- The user needs to follow the steps from Microsoft to reset the default display settings for windows 10 and windows 8
- After that, the user needs to set the screen resolution to at least 1024 x 768. It is recommended to keep 1920 x 1080, as it is ideal for best display.
- The last step is to, reset the system and open QuickBooks and the company file
Method 4: Restart windows
- For this method, the user is supposed to reboot windows 10 or windows 8 systems
- And also, open start menu
- The next step is to press on the power option
- Now, the user needs to opt for restart
- And for windows 7, vista, or XP system, the user needs to press start tab on the taskbar
- And also, for windows 7 or vista, the user needs to click on small arrow and then click on the shutdown option
- If you are a windows XP user, then you need to click on shutdown or turn off system
- And then select reboot
Method 5: Update video card drivers to recent release
Another method to fix the QuickBooks screen issues is to update video card drivers to the recent release. The steps involved in this are:
- The very first step is to press the start tab
- And then move to the control panel
- After that, press the option device
- Now, right click the video card that appears and also choose update driver
- The user will then have to select search
- And for manual updates of drivers, the user needs to write the video card’s name from the device manager that is in the display adapters
- The user will then navigate to manufacture’s site and look for the tips from manufacture’s website
- Now, spot Driver option
- And enter the card’s name
- After that download the driver
- And also, run the download from the chosen location and carry out onscreen instructions
- Lastly, reboot the system.
Method 6: Modifying the QBW.ini file
- The user should first go to the windows option
- And then, type or copy paste the correct file path for the QuickBooks version
- Also, hit enter
- QuickBooks 2018: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks 2018 \QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 18.0: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 18.0 \QBW.ini QuickBooks 2017: C:\ProgramData\Intuit \QuickBooks 2017\QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 17.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 17.0\QBW.ini
- QuickBooks 2016: C:\ProgramData \Intuit\QuickBooks 2016\QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 16.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit \QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0 \QBW.ini QuickBooks 2015: C:\ProgramData \Intuit \QuickBooks 2015 \QBW.ini Enterprise Solutions 15.0: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 15.0\QBW.ini
- To end the process, make sure to go at the end of the file and copy paste the text into the file:
- Classic- 0
- Also, make sure to save the qbw.ini file and open QuickBooks to check if the issue persists
Method 7: End all the background apps
- In this method, the user is supposed to restart the QuickBooks software
- And also, click on the windows start tab and move to the start menu
- The next step is to type task manager
- The user will then have to press processes tab, in order to show the current processes running on the system
- Now, the user needs to look for a process- QuickBooks (32 bit) or exe
- After that, the user spots the QuickBooks, he/she needs to click on the same and also press End Processor task option. In case it is not seen, then it means that all QuickBooks instances have been closed
- And the user will need to reboot the system
Read Also: What is QuickBooks component repair tool?
To Wrap it Up!
The QuickBooks goes black issue and various other display issues can be resolved by carrying out the above methods. We have tried to sum up the solutions that can help the user to resolve the QuickBooks display issues. However, in case the error continues to trouble you, or if you are having any query, then we can help you out with some relevant answers to all your queries.
You might also consider