Learn how you can fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215 When downloading payroll updates:
Have you come across QuickBooks Error Code 15215? It’s a common error code that users encounter while updating QuickBooks to the latest version. It typically shoes up while performing payroll update or during maintenance release. Upon receiving this error, the server error message may stop receiving or you may only have limited access.
When downloading payroll updates, you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.
We have created this blog post to provide you with the essential information about QuickBooks Error Code 15215 that include its symptoms, reasons and solutions. So, read on! Or else you can get in touch with our QuickBooks payroll support team, and ask them to resolve this error for you. We own a team of U.S based certified accounting professionals, who will surely resolve the QuickBooks payroll error code 15215 and various other accounting related issues, within least possible time.
You might also see: How to get QuickBooks student discount?
What is QuickBooks error code 15215?
QuickBooks payroll update error 15215 can be seen while downloading payroll updates. It occurs due to any kind of conflict with another application running in the system, during the payroll upgrade process. The application or software running in the background application might be using excessive bandwidth, ending up in this error. This error is also triggered if the firewall setup blocks the software from connecting with the server.
When this error encounters, you might see the following error message and error description:
Error number: Error code 15215
Error name: QuickBooks Pro Error 15215
Description: Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature / Incorrect Configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer
Developer: Intuit Inc.
Applies to: Windows XP, Vista 7, 8
There can be other aspects related to this QuickBooks error code 15215, which will be discussed later in this article.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15215?
One or more of the following reasons may cause QuickBooks Error Code 15215:
- You may be receiving this error due to incorrect configuration of Microsoft IE.
- QuickBooks accounting software verifies the signature on company files. This error may occur if any file being downloaded during the update process is unable to verify.
- This error may appear if QuickBooks Installation is incomplete or inappropriate.
- Your Windows is virus or malware-infected.
- Incorrect setup or damaged download of QuickBooks desktop.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error 15215?
Checkout the below given symptoms you may see when error code 15215 will trouble you.
- The occurrence of this error may crash the running Windows application.
- A window will pop up on your screen reporting – ‘Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature‘.
- Your computer may start freezing while in use.
- Windows and its applications, as well as peripherals like mouse and keyboard, may start responding slow.
- Your desktop gets corrupted with Payroll Error 15215 when running the same program.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15215?
Now that we have explored the symptoms and causes of update error code 15215, it is time to find out the effective solutions. In order to troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll error 15215, you can follow any of the below given methods:
Method 1: Login as an system administrator
- Start off with ensuring that your QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
- Right-click on your QB Desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, click on Yes upon receiving the message – “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?“
Method 2: Verify Use TLS 1.0 Settings
In this method you need to verify that TLS 1.0 is checked, and TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer. Follow the given steps:
- Close all QuickBooks windows.
- Open Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Tools and select Internet Options icon.
- Now, tap on Advanced tap.
- Now hit click on Advanced Settings and find Use TLS 1.0, Use 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options. (Note: You might not find these options on IE old versions).
- Keep checkbox before Use TLS 1.0 marked and rest to unmarked.
- Click OK and close the Internet Explorer internet options window.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Check if any available updates show after the system starts. If there is any update available try to download the update again.
Related Article: How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15271?
Method 3: Restart MS Windows in Selective Startup
- At first, Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Run window (Windows+R keys) and type msconfig and hit OK button.
- The System Configuration Utility opens. Just allow the configuration window to open.
- Choose Selective Startup and leave the box before Load Startup items unchecked.
- After that hit a click on Save and then OK button.
- Now Restart your computer.
- Once the restart successfully done! hit a click on QB Desktop icon to open it and download the current tax table.
- Follow the previous steps (from 1 to 4) and then open System Configuration Utility (Open Run Window and type MSCONFIG).
- Check the Normal Startup box and tap on OK button.
- End the process by restarting your computer for changes to take effect.
This action ensures that the system functions in a normal working environment. In case there are items you want to remove permanently, then you might need to go to the Microsoft web site and look for how to clean boot windows.
In case you were successfully able to download the update by clearing the startup items, this will indicate that one or more of the program in the startup items are conflicting with downloading the QuickBooks desktop payroll update.
Method 4: Restart the system
Another method that you can implement in order to get rid of this issue can be to reboot the system. At times, restarting the system works in fixing a few of the bugs, especially the errors related to the internet, network, or printing.
However, if the method fails to fix the issue and you are still getting the QuickBooks error code 15215 on a recurring basis, then make sure to stop all the background application or jump to the next method.
Method 5: Ensure that the firewall isn’t blocking QuickBooks
At times, the system firewall might block the QuickBooks software from accessing the server. So, it requires to configured, and the steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start with clicking on Control Panel from the start menu.
- Further click on the system security, followed by opting for Windows Firewall.
- Select the view to Large or Small icons and then select Windows firewall instantly.
- Choose the advanced settings option and then in the left section of the screen highlight the Inbound rules.
- Right click the Inbound rules, and along with that hit New rule option.
- Once done with that, select port from the Rule type section.
- And then from the first set of radio button, click on Specific local ports.
- Ensure to separate by a comma and then click on Next once done.
- Hit click on next and then choose Allow the connection.
- After that, choose network type, if this rule is to applied.
- Now, make sure to keep all the options checked before clicking next, especially when you switches from one network connection to another quite often.
- Ensure that you need to repeat the same steps for Outbound rules.
Method 6: Install updates manually
In case none of the above methods worked in your favor, then you can install the updates manually. The steps to be followed here are:
- Navigate to the update QuickBooks option.
- Ensure that the product is selected.
- Hit click on the change tab and then select the QuickBooks product.
- Now, select the update option and choose the location for the file to be saved.
- After you are done with the above step, make sure to select the save option.
- Locate the file downloaded in the above step.
- Double click the install the update tab.
- After that, restart the windows.
- And open QuickBooks to check if the latest update is downloaded or not.
Points to remember
- The above steps are written in context to the system working in a normal mode. In case you are able to spot the items that you wish to remove permanently, then you can check out the process to clean boot windows from the official Microsoft website.
- In case you are successfully able to download the update by removing the startup items, then it indicates that the programs might be conflicting with the downloading of the QuickBooks payroll update.
The above mentioned six solutions are among the most dependable ways to fix QuickBooks payroll error code 15215. These methods are advised by our experts to fix this error. In case the issue persists even after performing these three solutions, you can immediately call our QuickBooks error support team and we will be glad to offer you quick and precise solutions for this error.
Call us now at dedicated customer support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and avail instant support from our executives and certified professionals.
Other helpful support articles: