A Comprehensive Guidelines to Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error 19878 11682:
Unrecoverable errors have been a new trend in the unending list of technical error codes in QuickBooks. These errors generally appear all of a sudden when users open QuickBooks or perform their accounting operations in this program. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error 19878 11682 belongs to this family of unrecoverable error codes. This error has generally been reported when users attempt to open a report in QuickBooks.
Although several users have tried the composite QuickBooks File Doctor tool for fixing it, the error still keeps appearing in many cases. Furthermore, in case of multiple computers connected over a network, the error may occur in one of the system with the other computer systems running seamlessly.
In what circumstances does QuickBooks Desktop Error 19878 11682 appear?
This unrecoverable error in QuickBooks can show up in the following cases:
- While opening a report in QuickBooks.
- When launching the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Running multiple programs at the backend.
You may check also: How to Settle QuickBooks Error Code 6094, 0 (6010, 2)?
Workable Fixes for QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error Code 19878 11682
The potential troubleshooting fixes for this QB unrecoverable error 19878 11682 are elucidated in this section. Try out each of the methods one by one and consequently check whether the issue gets rectified.
Fix 1: Identifying the number of affected users
The user should at first check the number of users who are being affected by this issue by using a different log in credential for opening a specific Company file. In case the issue shows up in case of only one user, it indicates that only that specific user credential is damaged. In such cases, it is suggested that the user recreates the affected user.
Fix 2: Suppressing QuickBooks Desktop
One fix that has worked in many cases requires users to suppress the QuickBooks program when opening it. The procedure for the same is:
- Launch the QuickBooks program while pressing and holding the Ctrl key.
- Subsequent to that, open QuickBooks by double-click on its icon.
- Keep holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window appears.
- Choose the Company file via the No Company Open window.
- Now, keep holding the Alt key, and follow up by hitting on Open.
- If the user is being asked for the log in credentials, at that stage, the user should release the Alt key, and then type in the correct username and password. However, if not prompted, then make sure not to release the Alt key.
- Wait for the company file to open, and when it opens, release the Alt key.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 404?
Fix 3: Run QuickBooks as an administrator
Running the QuickBooks program with admin privileges has fixed the unrecoverable errors in many instances, with Unrecoverable error 19878 11682 in QuickBooks desktop being one among them.
- The user just needs to right-click the QuickBooks icon on the Desktop. If the Desktop icon is unavailable, then search for “QuickBooks” in the Start menu and upon locating the program icon, right-click on it.
- Subsequently, hit on the Run as Administrator option.
Fix 4: Repair QuickBooks
Repairing QuickBooks desktop has proven effective in resolving the unrecoverable error 19878 11682. To get this accomplished, perform the steps below:
- To begin with, hit on the Start menu.
- From there, open the Control Panel and make a visit to the Programs and Features tab.
- Follow up by choosing the QuickBooks program from the list of installed programs.
- After clicking on QuickBooks, hit on Uninstall/Change tab at the top bar.
- Now, advance to the Repair option and follow the on-screen instructions to repair the program.
- Once accomplished, restart the system and try running QuickBooks as an administrator. Hopefully, this should bypass the error.
Fix 5: Go for System Restore
The last, yet workable resort for the fixation of QB Unrecoverable Error 19878 11682 is to go for system restore. Most of the readers should be familiar with the procedure. However, if you are unknown to it, then follow the procedure given below:
- In the beginning, click on the Start button and then search for “Restore”.
- Now, open the System Restore window and choose a recent restore point which you suspect of having tampered with QuickBooks functioning.
- After that, proceed with the system restore process.
- Once it is done, restart the computer.
- Finally, run QuickBooks and check if all is working fine and also perform the same activity which led to the the ongoing error. The issue should be resolved.
The walkthrough comes to an end. Herein, we have unraveled the technical fixes for the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error 19878 11682. If the issue still keeps reoccurring, we recommend readers to give our experts an instant call at the helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347. Our cordial QuickBooks error support team is always available for your help.
More helpful topics: