Unleash the best methods to resolve QuickBooks error code 15241 like a Pro:
QuickBooks is considered to be one of the finest accounting software, when it comes to carrying out accounting and bookkeeping activities. However, the fact that the QuickBooks is prone to certain errors can’t be denied. The QB users often face certain errors while carrying out various accounting activities using this software. One such commonly encountered error code is QuickBooks error code 15241. The QuickBooks users often face this error while using the payroll function or while installing the updates to the software. This error code can be very much annoying for the users to tackle but need not worry as we have come up with this post, where we will be talking about the causes, fixes, and various other facts related to this error.
However, if you are short of time or are looking for experts to fix the error for you, then you can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team and let them fix the error on your behalf. You can directly ring up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323, and speak to our experts for any further information.
You might also like: How to Fix QuickBooks error code 15215?
What is QuickBooks error code 15241?
QuickBooks error code 15241 is a commonly encountered error, which is seen while the user opens the QuickBooks payroll function. This sort of error can also be seen when the user installs updates for the software. The error code comes up with an error message stating:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
One of the common causes of this error can be if the QuickBooks desktop copy service (FCS) is disabled. It should be noted that the Intuit FCS Service is an important add-on service that manages file transfer at the time of QuickBooks update. There are various facts associated with this error, which we will be discussing later in this post. So, keep reading it.
Triggers to QuickBooks error 15241
Before you learn the ways to fix this error, it is very much important to first understand what are the factors responsible behind the occurrence of this error. A few of the common causes are listed below:
- Certain files related to the QuickBooks software got deleted mistakenly by any of the programs
- Or if the registry files are corrupted
- The user can also encounter this error if the downloaded file or the installation file gets corrupted somehow.
- Another factor causing this issue can be incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software
- Any sort of virus infection can end up in QuickBooks error code 15241.
What are the symptoms of error 15241?
In order to identify this technical bug, the user can check out the signs and symptoms listed below:
- Error code itself pops up on the screen and the active program window crashes
- Or the system crashes often
- Windows run sluggishly and do not respond to the keyboard inputs
- The system freezes for a couple of time leading to the annoying error
Methods to get rid of QuickBooks error code 15241
There are a couple of steps that can be implemented by the QuickBooks users to get rid of this error. But the steps differ as per the operating system. This means that the steps for Windows XP users might differ from that for Windows 7, 8, 10 or vista. So, in this post we will be exploring each set of steps one by one, let us explore each of them separately:
For Windows XP users:
- The initial step you need to follow if you are a windows XP user is to close the QuickBooks desktop for a while.
- And then, move to My Computer on the desktop and then right click the same. Followed by select Manage option. This will open the Computer management system.
- After that the user needs to move to the Services ad applications window and then click on Services, which will open up the services window.
- The next step is to scroll down and double click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service, which will further open the window as Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties.
- Now, move to the general tab and then also click on the drop-down list of start-up type. And then opt for Manual option.
- Once done with that, click on OK tab
- And then open up the QuickBooks desktop
- The next step is to download the QuickBooks desktop product updates
- And then update the payroll tax tables.
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks error code 6010, 100
For Windows 7, 8, 10, or Vista:
- To begin with, the user needs to close the QuickBooks desktop
- And then, click on the Start tab on windows. Now, move to the computer and then right click and select Manage.
- The next step in the process is to be followed by Windows 10 users. They are supposed to click Search tab on the task-bar and then look for Computer. And then right click the This PC option and select Manage.
- Once done with that, click on the Services and applications option in the left pane.
- In the right pane, the user needs to double click on the Services option.
- And then move to the Intuit QuickBooks FCS and double click the same.
- Now, the QuickBooks FCS properties window opens up and then move to the general tab and then click on the drop-down menu of start-up type and then choose the manual option
- The next step is to click on Apply and then click on start and OK options respectively.
- After that open the QuickBooks software.
- And download the updates
- Also, update the payroll tax tables and you are good to go.
Steps to Update QuickBooks payroll tax table
As mentioned in both of the above procedures, the user needs to update the payroll tax table, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- The user should first move to the Employees menu and then choose the get payroll updates as shown in the images
- After that check mark the Download Entire update checkbox and then move to the update option.
- Lastly, the process will end when the download complete pop up window appears on the screen and you are good to go.
In case none of the above solutions worked, then the user can try out the steps below:
- The very first step is to insert the payroll update CD and then open the get payroll updates window
- And then, for QuickBooks desktop pro and premier- The user needs to select employees and then select get payroll updates
- In case the user is proposed to determine the update.dat or update3.dat file. In the install payroll update window, the user needs to reply to the prompts
- After that, agree to browse
- Now, from the look in drop down arrow, and then select the CD drive
- The user is then required to select either update.dat or update3.dat from the payroll update disk and select open tab
- After that, choose ok in the payroll update window
- Also, the user needs to select the windows start button and then quit QuickBooks
- The user will then be required to navigate to the my computer and then right click the CD drive and also choose explore
- Now, insert the same CD to another system and then test if you are able to view the files
- After that, if the user is able to view the files on the second system, then it means on the first system, the user will have a hardware issue with the CD drive
- In case the user is unable to view the files on both systems, then it is important to buy a new payroll update disk by simply visiting the Intuit online store and then selecting payroll and also selecting view contact info
- The next step is to ensure to install from the correct location in the install confirmation window and also examine the tax table versions in the current and new fields are also correct
- The user is then required to select install, and a confirmation window arises when the update is complete or the new tax table is installed. The user needs to read the message and hit ok
With this we come to the end of this post, and we hope that the information we have shared in above might be of great help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 15241. However, there can be a situation that the error continues to trouble even after following the methods discussed above, then in that case the user can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks payroll customer support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-888-383-0323.
Talking to our experts and certified QB professionals can help you with the fixation steps for this annoying error. Our experts work round the clock to provide the best possible support services, so do not hesitate in calling us anytime. We will be happy to help you.
You might also read: