Learn how you can upload or download your data files to Intuit Customer File Exchange:
Are you looking for the process to upload or download a QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit? Well, if yes, then you have landed on the right place. It should be noted that Intuit requires to obtain customer’s company files, in order to gain the information to resolve errors swiftly. Today in this post, we will walk you through with the detailed process of uploading or downloading a QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit.
Thus, we recommend you to continue reading this post and unleash the process. Whereas, for any further assistance, we recommend you to contact our customer support team at 1-800-761-1787, and let our experts handle the issue for you. You will get the most relevant answers to all your queries with our certified ProAdvisors.
You may also like: How to set up QuickBooks Desktop to work from home?
Procedure to Upload the QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit
The QuickBooks users need to follow certain steps in order to upload the data file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very initial step is to create a backup of the QuickBooks desktop data file. The fact here that should be noted is that if the user is unable to create a backup (.qbb), then he/she needs to use the regular company file (.qbw) to upload.
- Once done with that, open a web browser and then sign in to https://intuit2b.secure.force.com/FileExchange . (The URL is case sensitive). Now, make a note that when unsupported browser is used, then the user needs to sign in button will be grayed out
- Moving ahead, make sure to enter the case, email, and PIN provided to the user by the agent
- Followed by accepting the terms of service and then choose the sign in option
- The next step is to select the + tab to the right of the case number and then hit upload option
- Now, the user needs to choose the browse your device to look for and select the file. (The user can also drag and drop the files here)
Important: The point to be noted here is that uploading a file with the same name as the existing file will overwrite the original file. Thus, the user is recommended to create a separate folder in box instead.
- The user is then required to choose the upload to start with the uploading process
- And then, after the files are uploaded successfully, then they need to choose the close tab to exit.
The point to be noted here is that, until and unless advised by Intuit, the user need not to enter any information into the file, till the time repaired file is not returned.
Read this Also: How to Fix Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Steps to retrieve the corrected data file (download the data file)
After you are aware of the steps to upload the QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit, it is time to retrieve the corrected data file. Below are the steps that you need to follow:
- Start with signing into the Intuit File Exchange
- After that, enter the case number, email address, and the PIN. The important point to consider here is that the PIN is case sensitive. In case the user has forgotten or misplaced the PIN, then you can contact us.
- Now, make sure to accept the terms of service and then opt for the sign in tab
- Followed by spotting and locating the file (It should be renamed with FIXED_added to it)
- And then, choose the three dots (…) button, along with the choose the download option
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to browse the location where he/she wishes to save the file
- After that choose save
- In case the Readme.docx file is available, then download it. The file carries information that are required to start using the repaired file. The user will have to save both the data file and then Readme.dox in the location where he/she wishes to store the file. This needs to be done in order to avoid getting the data compromised or any unexpected results.
- If the user is accessing the file over a network or on the server, then the user needs to restore the file locally first before saving it in the location where it is hosted.
- The last step in this process is that the data file may have the extension as .qbb, which denotes a backup company file. The user might need to convert the downloaded backup company file to the full company file.
- This can be done by moving to the file menu in QuickBooks, and then choose open or restore company
- And then, the user needs to choose restore a backup copy and then hit next
- After that, choose local backup and click on next
- The user should browse the system for the backup company file. And it would look like: [Your company name].qbb
- Moving ahead, the user is supposed to choose a folder to decide where to save the restored company file and then click on open tab
- Once done, user should opt for save tab and in case any message is seen related to overwriting the data, then it is recommended to select the option that best fits the needs. The user is suggested not to overwrite anything unless required.
See this Also: How to Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Still confused, Call us at 1-800-761-1787!
The above scribbled steps are enough to successfully download and upload QuickBooks company file to Intuit. However, if you are stuck at any stage or if any of your queries remained unanswered, then give us a call right away at 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks desktop support team are available round the clock to provide the best possible assistance for all sorts of QuickBooks related issues.
Getting in touch with a professional, make things easy up to a great extent. So, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, our support team will be happy to assist you.
Other recommended readings: