Learn how you can upload or download your data files to Intuit Customer File Exchange:
Planning to upload or download a QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit? If that is the case, then going through this piece of writing will surely be of some help to you. Keep a note of the fact that Intuit needs to get customer’s company files, so as to gain the information to rectify technical snags.
However, if you are skeptical of performing the steps listed in this section manually, then get on a call with our tech professionals using our customer support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and let our technocrats handle the issue for you. With our certified ProAdvisor’s you will get the most relevant answers to all your queries.
You may also like: How to set up QuickBooks Desktop to work from home?
Procedure to Upload the QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit
The QuickBooks users need to follow certain steps in order to upload the data file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- At first, create a backup of the QuickBooks desktop data file. The fact here that should be noted is that if you are unable to create a backup (.qbb), then you need to use the regular company file (.qbw) to upload.
- Once done with that, open a web browser and then sign in to https://intuit2b.secure.force.com/FileExchange . (The URL is case sensitive). Now, make a note that when unsupported browser is used, then you need to sign in button will be grayed out.
- Next step is to ensure to enter the case, email, and PIN provided to you by the agent.
- Followed by accepting the terms of service and then choose the sign in option.
- After that choose the + tab to the right of the case number and then hit upload option.
- Now choose the browse your device to look for and select the file. (You can also drag and drop the files here).
Important: The point to be noted here is that uploading a file with the same name as the existing file will overwrite the original file. Thus, it is recommended to create a separate folder in box instead.
- Go for the upload to start with the uploading process.
- After the files are uploaded successfully, then they need to choose the close tab to exit.
The point to be noted here is that, until and unless advised by Intuit, you need not to enter any information into the file, till the time repaired file is not returned.
Read this Also: How to Fix Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Steps to retrieve the corrected data file (download the data file)
After you are aware of the steps to upload the QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit, it is time to retrieve the corrected data file. Below are the steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Start with signing into the Intuit File Exchange.
Step 2: Enter the case number, email address, and the PIN. The important point to consider here is that the PIN is case sensitive. In case you have forgotten or misplaced the PIN, then you can contact us.
Step 3: Ascertain to accept the terms of service and then opt for the sign in tab.
Step 4: Followed by spotting and locating the file (It should be renamed with FIXED_added to it).
Step 5: Choose the three dots (…) button, along with the choose the download option.
Step 6: Next, it is supposed to browse the location where you wishes to save the file.
Step 7: Now choose save.
Step 8: In case the Readme.docx file is available, then download it. The file carries information that are required to start using the repaired file. Now save both the data file and then Readme.dox in the location where you wishes to store the file. This needs to be done in order to avoid getting the data compromised or any unexpected results.
Step 9: If you are accessing the file over a network or on the server, then you need to restore the file locally first before saving it in the location where it is hosted.
Step 10: The final step in this process is that the data file may have the extension as .qbb, which denotes a backup company file. You might need to convert the downloaded backup company file to the full company file.
- This can be done by moving to the file menu in QuickBooks, and then choose open or restore company.
- Also opt for restore a backup copy and then hit next.
- Now pick local backup and click on next.
- Browse the system for the backup company file. And it would look like: [Your company name].qbb
- Next, you need to choose a folder to decide where to save the restored company file and then click on open tab.
- Once done, you should opt for Save tab and in case any message is seen related to overwriting the data, then it is recommended to select the option that best fits the needs. You are suggested not to overwrite anything unless required.
See this Also: How to Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Still confused, Call us!
The above scribbled steps are enough to successfully download and upload QuickBooks company file to Intuit. However, if you are stuck somewhere at any stage or if you have any queries, then give us a call right away at 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks desktop support team is available 24/7 to offer the best possible assistance for all sorts of QuickBooks related issues.
Other recommended readings: