Learn the hassle-free procedure to upload a QuickBooks company file to intuit:
Are you planning or seeking an easy procedure to upload or download a QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit? If that is the scenario, then proceeding through this lucid piece of writing will surely be of considerable assistance to you. Take note that Intuit needs to acquire customers’ company files, so as to gain the information to rectify any technical snags associated. This article shall provide you with sufficient information in the form of convenient steps to upload a QuickBooks Company file to Intuit. So, keep dive in!
However, if you are skeptical of performing the steps listed in this section manually, then get on a call with our U.S-based technical professionals using our customer support line i.e., 1-800-761-1787, and let our technocrats handle the issue on your behalf. With our certified experts, you will get the most appropriate and valid answers to all your queries. Let’s jump onto the easy process to upload a QuickBooks company file to Intuit.
You may also like: How to set up QuickBooks Desktop to work from home?
Procedure To Upload The QuickBooks Desktop Company File To Intuit
QuickBooks users need to follow certain steps in order to upload the data file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- At first, you need to create a backup of the QuickBooks desktop data file. The fact to be noted here should be that if you are unable to create a backup (.qbb), then you need to use the regular company file (.qbw) to upload.
- Once done with that, open a web browser and then sign in to https://intuit2b.secure.force.com/FileExchange. (The URL is case sensitive). Now, make a note that when an unsupported browser is being used, then you need to sign in button will be grayed out.
- The next step is to make sure that you enter the Case, email, and PIN provided to you by the agent.
- After entering the correct credentials, you should proceed ahead by accepting the Terms of service and then choosing the Sign-in option.
- After that, choose the + tab to the right of the case number and then hit on the Upload option.
- Now, choose the Browse your device to look for and choose the File. (You can also drag and drop the files here).
Important: The point to be noted here is that uploading a file with the same name as the existing file will overwrite the original file. Thus, it is recommended to create a separate folder in the box instead.
- Next step is to go for the Upload to start with the uploading process.
- After the files are uploaded successfully, you are required to choose the Close tab in order to make an exit.
The point to be noted here is that, until and unless advised by Intuit, you need not to enter any information into the file, till the time the repaired file is not returned.
Read this Also: How to Fix Unrecoverable error in QuickBooks Desktop?
Steps To Recover The Repaired Data File (Download the Data File)
After being apprised of the steps to upload the QuickBooks desktop company file to Intuit, the next step involves the retrieval the corrected data file. Below are the easy steps that you need to follow in order to retrieve the corrected file:
1st Step: The first step involved in the retrieval process is to sign into the Intuit File Exchange.
2nd Step: Enter the Case number, Email address, and PIN. The important point to consider here is that the PIN is case-sensitive. In case you have forgotten or misplaced the PIN, then you can contact us.
3rd Step: Ascertain to Accept the terms of service and then opt for the Sign-in tab.
4th Step: Follow up by spotting and locating the file. The file should be renamed by FIXED_added to it.
5th Step: Choose the three dots (…) button, and afterward choose the Download option from the drop-down menu.
6th Step: Next, you are required to browse the location where you wish to save the file.
7th Step: Now, choose the Save option.
8th Step: In case the Readme.docx file is available, then download it. The file carries important information required to initiate the process of using the repaired file. Now, save both the data file and then Readme.dox in the location where you wish to store the file. This step needs to be accomplished in order to avoid getting the data compromised or without letting any unexpected results hamper the process.
9th Step: If you are accessing the file over a network or on the server, then you need to restore the file locally first before saving it in the location where it is being hosted.
10th Step: The final step in this process is to go for the conversion process. It is pertinent to note that the data file may have the extension as .qbb, which denotes a backup company file. In this context, you might need to convert the downloaded backup company file to the full company file.
- This can be accomplished by heading to the File menu in QuickBooks and then choosing the option labeled Open or restore company.
- Also, opt for the Restore a backup copy option and then hit on the Next tab.
- Now, pick the Local backup option by checking on the circular box beside it, followed by clicking on Next.
- Browse the system for the Backup company file. And it would look like: [Your company name].qbb
- Afterward, you should choose a folder to decide where to save the Restored company file and then opt for the Open tab.
- Once done, opt for the Save tab and in case any message is seen related to overwriting the data, then it is recommended to hit the Option that best fits the needs. You are suggested not to overwrite anything unless required.
See this Also: How to Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Still unable to upload the company file? Call us!
The contents of the blog have been carefully articulated by our certified QuickBooks experts. We aimed at assisting you in the procedure to download and upload a QuickBooks company file to Intuit in an easy way.
However, exceptions always remain and we should always be ready to face the untoward. So, if you are stuck somewhere or carry any queries, then give us a call right away at 1-800-761-1787. Our U.S based QuickBooks desktop support team is available 24/7 to offer impeccable assistance for all QuickBooks-related issues you face.
Other recommended readings:
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6105: Company File Damage
Learn how to fix QuickBooks Desktop update errors
Causes and Solutions of QuickBooks Update Error 15106