QuickBooks, being robust accounting software, has been aiding accountants and businesses in achieving their objectives in a timely and efficient manner. However, accompanied with its far-reaching applications are considerable errors that a user might face while using QuickBooks Desktop software. One such frequently encountered error while working with QuickBooks Desktop is related to the user being unable to login to a Company file. This error is usually accompanied by a pop up message:
|Warning||The attempt to log in with the user name xxxxx failed. This user is already logged into the company file. Try a different user name.|
|Error:||User ID Admin is already logged into the company file.|
To get a better grip on this issue, ensure that you go through this segment keenly.
What triggers the error ‘The attempt to log in with the username Admin failed’?
While working with QuickBooks Desktop, you may encounter this error owing to several reasons. Some of the primary reasons which might trigger this error are mentioned as follows:
- You are already logged in to the company file.
- Some network issue incited due to an electrical problem.
- You are logging into the company data file using a Remote Access, and you haven’t logged out from the last session that you were working on.
- You’ve already logged in with this username on a different system.
You may also see: How to Remove Duplicate Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop?
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error ‘The attempt to log in with the user name Admin failed’
You must now be well aware of the error and the various causes which can lay the ground for this error. Let us now jump to the viable methods which we can adapt to get Error message: The attempt to log in with the user name Admin failed resolved. Follow the methods enumerated below in order to fix this error.
1st Method: Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and Run Quick Fix my Program
QuickBooks Tool Hub program is a multifaceted tool that can identify and successfully resolve a plethora of errors and related issues in QuickBooks Desktop software. Running this tool can help you solve the error code encountered while logging into your QuickBooks account. In order to run this software, follow the walkthrough provided in the forthcoming lines below:
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- At first, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub latest version 220.127.116.11 is available for download. The file should be saved somewhere that you can find easily.
- You can see which version of Tool Hub you have if you’ve used it before. Select the Home tab. You will see the version at the bottom.
- Now open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install and agree the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the icon from your Windows desktop after the installation is complete to open the tool hub.
- Upon installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub, Run it.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my Program
- Navigate to the ‘Program Problems’ tab and click on the ‘Quick Fix my Program’
- The process may take some time.
- Once finished, open the Company file and check to see if the error has been resolved.
In case the error still persists, you are directed to move on to the subsequent method.
2nd Method: Click on ‘Forgot my password’ option or Log in as a different user
In case you forgot your password and are accessing QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator, you can reset your password by selecting the ‘I forgot my password’ option. However, If you are the QuickBooks Admin, hit a click on reset button at the login screen and answer the challenge questions you getting there. If you still you are unable to login, the use QuickBooks desktop automated password recovery tool.
3rd Method: Reboot the server that stores or hosts the company data file
After the server has been restarted, open QuickBooks on a workstation and then log in to your company data file.
4th Method: Restore the Recent Backup of the Company File
Restoring your backup assists you in restoring the company file. To restore the backup, you need to conform to the following steps:
- Open your QuickBooks desktop and then navigate to the ‘File’ menu.
- From the ‘File’ menu, choose the ‘Open or Restore Company’ option.
- Hit a click on ‘Restore a backup copy’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab.
- You can Browse your computer to find your backup company file. It should look something like this: [Your company name].qbb
- Select the ‘Local backup’ option and click ‘Next’.
- Now, browse and select the location of the company file backup having the ‘.qbb’ extension.’
- Select the file and click on ‘Open’.
We hope that scrolling through this article and implementing the aforementioned methods proved viable towards fixing the login error ‘The attempt to log in with the user name Admin failed’. In contrary, if the error still persists, we recommend you to get in contact with our 24/7 QuickBooks error support team by dialing helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Addressing your queries is our foremost concern.
Other Interesting Reads