Learn 5 quick and useful tips to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6105:
QuickBooks is advanced accounting software that comes with various features and tools to help users manage their businesses more effectively. Because the software comprises several company files and has multiple segregations, the number of files in it could be pretty high. If you’re a QuickBooks user, you’re well aware that all of your work in this accounting program is neatly organized in files. You should make sure that these files are compressed and can be stored in the system program before using them.
While QuickBooks files may be closed, a file error – QuickBooks error code 6105 compressed may appear. This error suggests that your company file is either corrupt or damaged. If this error code appears, you may not be able to compress your files. The files may also not get saved or stored in your memory location. As a result, you may have a shortage of space. If you have received QuickBooks Error 6105, read this article till the end and, you shall be able to fix it.
What Causes the QuickBooks Error 6105?
QuickBooks Error message 6105 can be caused by one or more of the following reasons:
- When the file you’re working on isn’t found in the system, QuickBooks Error 6105 occurs.
- QuickBooks accounting software on your computer is either not genuine or the software’s installation wasn’t appropriate.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6210, 0?
Solutions to QuickBooks error code 6105 (Company file damage error)
The QuickBooks error code 6105 is a regular occurrence for many users. It’s also not difficult to solve this problem. You can get rid of this error code by following the methods outlined in this section.
Solution 1: Reboot your computer
Many of your system and software-related issues may be rectified by merely rebooting your computer system. All applications are forced to stop once you reboot your computer and that will free any third-party application(s) running in the background. This may also resolve the QuickBooks company file error 6105. If the error continues to stand its ground even after rebooting the system, move on to the following step.
Solution 2: Check if your company file is installed inappropriately
- Login to QuickBooks with your correct credentials (admin id and password).
- Open your company file.
- Choose the utility options from the list provided.
- Choose the option that lets you back up the company file to which you want to compress.
- Next, select the particular file and verify and host the file and check.
- Allow the verification process to complete and be reconstructed.
Solution 3: Do a clean installation
Error code 6105 may also occur due to malware, bugs and other issues. A clean reinstall of QuickBooks may fix this error.
- In the beginning, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Head to Control Panel and choose Programs and Features.
- Locate QuickBooks and choose the uninstall option.
- Now reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch the software as an Administrator.
- Try to open your company file.
Solution 4: Fix the issue with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Service
Maybe your QuickBooks company file or the data is corrupt. If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, you can use QuickBooks Auto Data recovery tool to fix this error You can use the install the tool from Intuit’s website and run it to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6105.
Read this Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 30159?
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks desktop as Admin
If you run QuickBooks desktop as an administrator, you can prevent the company file from being corrupted.
- You must first close the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Thereafter, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Select Yes when the dialogue box shows up on the screen.
Solution 6: Basic troubleshooting steps
- You are required to copy the particular company file to your desktop.
- Try to open the file in QuickBooks software.
- Then, rename the .TLG file (to. TLG1 or anything else) and restart QuickBooks desktop.
- We hope that the QuickBooks error 6105 got uprooted after following the steps entailed in this method.
You may also consider: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
The 6 troubleshooting methods enumerated in this post must have assisted you to fix QuickBooks error 6105 in most cases. In the blue moon, if the issue stands its ground even after implementing all the steps provided here – contact us for more advanced assistance.
We are available 24×7. Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support experts and U.S. based accounting professionals will provide you with the best possible support services and will fix the error on your behalf. Use our customer support helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and directly connect with our team.