Learn 5 quick and useful tips to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6105:
An advanced accounting Software, QuickBooks comes with a wide variety of features and tools that help its users manage their business with ease. The software consists of many company files and has multiple segregations – therefore, the number of files in them may also be large in size. If you are a QuickBooks user, you would know that all the work done in this accounting application is neatly separated in files at all times. While using these types of files, you should ensure that they are compressed and can be stored in the system application.
While QuickBooks files may be closed, a file error – QuickBooks error code 6105 compressed may appear. This error suggests that your company file is either corrupt or damaged. If this error code appears, you may not be able to compress your files. The files may also not get saved or stored in your memory location. As a result, you may have a shortage of space.
If you have received QuickBooks Error 6105, read this article till the end and, you shall be able to fix it.
You may also read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6210, 0?
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6105
One or more of the following situations may trigger QuickBooks Error 6105:
- QuickBooks Error 6105 may occur when the company you are working on cannot be found in the system.
- QuickBooks accounting software on your computer is either not genuine or the software’s installation wasn’t appropriate.
Solutions to QuickBooks company file error 6105
QuickBooks error code 6105 is a common issue that many users encounter. Troubleshooting this issue isn’t tough either. You can perform the steps provided further in this article and get rid of this error code.
Solution 1: Reboot your computer
Many of your computer and software related issues may be resolved by just rebooting your system. All applications get forced stopped when you reboot your computer and that will be free of third-party applications running at the background upon being restarted. Thus, the QuickBooks company file error 6105 may also get resolved. If the issue persists even after rebooting your computer, move on to the next step.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6094, 0?
Solution 2: Check if your company file is installed inappropriately
- Login to QuickBooks with admin id and password.
- Open your company file.
- Select the utility options from the list provided.
- Select the option that lets you back up the company file to which you want to compress.
- Next, select the particular file and verify and host the file and check.
- Now, allow the verification process to complete and be reconstructed.
Solution 3: Do a clean installation
Error code 6105 may also occur due to malware, bugs and other issues. A clean reinstall of QuickBooks may fix this error.
- Close QuickBooks desktop
- Go to Control Panel and tap on Programs and Features
- Find QuickBooks and select uninstall
- Now, reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Run the software as Administrator
- Try to open your company file.
Read this Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Unable To Create PDF Error?
Solution 4: Fix the issue with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Service
Maybe your QuickBooks company file or the data is corrupt. If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, you can use QuickBooks Auto Data recovery tool to fix this error You can use the install the tool from Intuit’s website and run it to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6105.
Solution 5: Basic troubleshooting steps
- Copy the particular company file to your desktop
- Try to open the file in QuickBooks software
- Next, rename the .TLG file (to.TLG1 or anything else) and restart QuickBooks desktop.
- If the issue persists, move on to the next step
You may also consider: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12029?
The five solutions mentioned in this post will fix QuickBooks error 6105 in most cases. On a rare occasion, if the issue exists even after performing all the steps provided here – contact us for more advanced solutions. We are available 24×7.
Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support experts and U.S. based accounting professionals will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services and will fix the error on your behalf. Use our customer support helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and directly connect with our team.