Learn the complete process to fix Error PS032, or PS077 while updating Payroll in QuickBooks Desktop:
In the process of using QuickBooks accounting software, users might eventually land upon some technical glitch. These technical snags might include the QuickBooks error code PS077 or PS032. Well, this type of bug indicates that the settings of the software are misconfigured or incorrect. This error code, in certain situations can be pretty much difficult to tackle. The software throws the error message associated with this payroll error whenever the software is having any issue in installing the payroll tax table update.
This segment will provide you with a better insight into QuickBooks error code PS077 or PS032. Hence, stick around till the end and unleash the strategies to be implemented to shun off the bug easily. Or connect with our U.S based accounting experts today!
Related Post: What is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058?
A gist about QuickBooks Payroll PS032 or PS077
As we discussed earlier, these payroll errors are often encountered when downloading the payroll updates and come up with a warning message stating as:
[PS032] QuickBooks can not read your payroll setup files, Note the message number at the beginning of this message, and click Help for troubleshooting tips to resolve this problem.
When QuickBooks error code PS077 occurs you may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
“QuickBooks having trouble installation payroll tax table update”.
Though you might be able to update the tax table after coming across such an error, but you wouldn’t be able to carry out the further tasks. Users should be aware of the fact that any error code with prefix PS in QuickBooks indicates QuickBooks payroll error. One can easily spot or identify this error with the help of the below discussed signs and symptoms.
- As a result of this error, you might not be able to download the payroll updates.
- Another sign of PS032 or PS077 can be if the tax table fails to update or gets stuck in the middle of the process.
- An error message popping up on the screen can be a clear indication of this error.
- Also, system freezing up can be another easy indicator of these payroll errors.
What instigates QuickBooks error code PS032 or PS077?
- You can end up in such an error if the tax table file is corrupted or if there is invalid in the components/payroll folder.
- Moreover, if the QuickBooks company files are corrupted or damaged.
- Another reason can be if you aren’t registered in QuickBooks.
- Or the billing details are out of the date and it might be corrupt.
Key points to consider
Before you dig in deep, it is very much important to take into consideration the key pointers that would influence your solution steps. Let us explore the pointers together:
- Before heading to the solution steps, you will have to validate the QuickBooks payroll subscription.
- Moreover, you will have to verify that the billing information entered in the payroll account is correct and appropriate.
- Updating QuickBooks application to the latest release is another important task that you will have to perform.
- Make sure that only one QuickBooks application is installed on the system.
- Along with that try repairing the QuickBooks desktop application, to avoid any complications.
- Backing up the QuickBooks company file is also suggested.
See this also: Troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Update Error 15240
Required solutions for Error PS032, or PS077 while updating Payroll in QuickBooks along with valid causes
Often the solution to an error depends on what triggered the error. So, here is a detailed analysis of the causes and fixes of QuickBooks payroll error PS077 or PS032. Let us dive in together:
Cause 1: Damaged or corrupted tax table file
Note: This solution is applicable only when you are having one version of QuickBooks.
Solution: Downloading QuickBooks and latest payroll tax tables
- Here under, you will have to remove the existing one and the additional installations.
- After that go to the help menu and chose update QuickBooks.
- Furthermore, it is suggested to reset the QuickBooks update.
- Along with that, download the latest payroll tax table.
- Re-sort the lists to user the verify data.
- Head forward by performing clean uninstall that too in selective start up.
- Lastly, update the tax table.
Cause 2: QuickBooks company files are corrupted or damaged
Solution: Running QuickBooks desktop software repair
You might come across the QuickBooks error PS077 or PS032 in case of damaged company files, or also due to some issue with the software itself. In such a situation, it is recommended to run for the repair of the software. You can carry out the necessary steps involved in running the repair and fixing the technical glitches of the software.
Cause 3: Billing details are out of date or incorrect
Solution: Note the billing information
Often entering incorrect billing details can trigger such an error, as a result of which it is recommended to ensure that the billing information is correct and appropriate. Moreover, you should note down the QuickBooks license number, by:
- Tapping onto F2 key.
- Keeping a note of the license number.
- Closing the product information window, by clicking on the OK tab.
Miscellaneous Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032: When Updating or Downloading Payroll
The above discussed solutions were segregated according to the respective causes, whereas below are a handful of solutions that can be integrated, in case the error cause can’t be identified or if the above solutions failed to fix the issue.
#1: Turn off UAC:
The user account control (UAC), especially when using windows 7 or 8. And try updating the application with the UAC being disabled.
#2: Steps for only one version of QuickBooks being installed
- Under such situation, you will have to take a backup of the company file.
- Close all the running applications.
- Open the run window.
In case you are windows 8 user, then you would have to move to the windows system section and open the start screen. Followed by right clicking the background to All Apps. And clicking on the run tab.
Windows 7 and XP:
If you are currently using windows 7 or XP, then in that case open the windows start tab and select run tab. In case you haven’t logged in with admin rights, then hit start tab and opt for all programs option. Moreover, select accessories and run tab respectively.
If you are using windows vista, then click on the vista logo and press Windows + R keys in order to open the run command. After that continue with the steps below:
- Here, you will have to open the control panel.
- And then, navigate to the programs and features and also double tab the same, for adding or removing the programs in windows vista.
- The ones who are having only one version, need not to continue further.
- The above steps would land you into QuickBooks desktop installation wizard.
- Whereas, you will then have to click on the next key.
- Furthermore, selecting remove and hitting next is recommended. Also, you should continue with the process as per the requirement.
- In order to complete the update, the error message must have an option to go online. To retrieve the update, you will have to click on yes tab and go online, only if asked to.
- Or the error might have the option to click on ok tab to go online. Clicking on the ok tab will run the installation automatically and it might display the same error message again.
- You are suggested to close QuickBooks on all system, if the data files are available on the server. And also run the payroll update from the server. In case the update succeeds on the server, then install it on all other versions of QuickBooks.
Read this also: How to Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool for Windows?
#3: Change the CPS folder name
- Under this process, you simply need to open the file explorer by pressing windows + E keys.
- Next, you need to choose the option stating This PC.
- You need to head to the local disk C.
- Furthermore, in the event of unable to find the program files, you simply have to open the program files folder.
- You are now supposed to open QuickBooks desktop folder that resembles your version of the software.
- Open the components and also go for payroll folder.
- Right click on the CPS folder and choose the rename folder option.
- Heading forward, you are supposed to rename it and also enter CPSOLD and then hit enter tab.
- Make a new CPS folder and open QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the latest payroll tax table update and you are good to go
Crux of the article!
Disposing off QuickBooks payroll error PS077 or PS032 might seem to be a brainteaser to majority of the QuickBooks users. Nevertheless, we have tried to summarize the entire set of strategies that can be employed to dump this error in this piece of writing.
Despite that, if you are unable to address the technical glitch, then in such a scenario, we would highly advise to join hands with a QuickBooks payroll support team of professionals and let us take control of the situation. Do not be diffident about consulting our accounting experts and CPA’s using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787. We would surely assist you there and then.
Few other helpful resources: