Unleash the ways to fix QuickBooks Error code 80070057 like a Pro
Came across QuickBooks error code 0x80070057 and found it difficult to get out of it? Well, this is situation is quite relatable for majority of users, as encountering “The parameter is Incorrect Error 80070057” is one of the most common issue as reported. The user might stumble upon such an error when he/she can try to open the company file. There are numerous facts associated with QuickBooks error code 80070057, which we will be discussing later.
This error code is generally seen with an error message stating:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions
Error Code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
QuickBooks Error: “80070057, the parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file [path and name].”
Error: “80070057: parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
Error: “80070057 the parameter is incorrect” and “You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files…”
Considering various aspects, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing all the facts associated with QuickBooks error code 80070057. To unleash those facts, make sure to read this article till the end, or you can consult our QuickBooks error support team and ask them for guidance. We will ensure to provide the best possible support services in no time.
What is QuickBooks error 80070057?
QuickBooks error 80070057 is one of the most common errors faced by QB users, which states that the parameter is incorrect, especially when the company file is opened up. This error code indicates that the user is not having enough permission to delete the files. This error can be fixed by carrying out the steps mentioned in this post later on. Thus, make sure to stay tuned to the post till the end.
You may see the following error message on your screen when trying to open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks error 80070057?
Checkout the following symptoms you may see when error 80070057 takes place in your QuickBooks desktop.
- The error code 80070057 can be identified if the company file collapsed suddenly.
- Or, the parameter is incorrect error message pop up appears on the screen:
- Another symptom can be if the system freezes
- The program window crashes repeatedly
- Sluggish system response
- System crashes often and the users have not permission to delete the company files
- User not having the permission to delete the company files
What leads to QuickBooks error 80070057?
This error usually encounters when a user try to open a company file from a workstation which is located in another web server or host computer. Following are the potential causes that leads the QuickBooks error 80070057:
- Wrong firewall and internet security settings can be one of the most common reasons
- Or .ND file gets damaged somehow
- User is trying to open the portable file without having QuickBooks open
- Another potential reason behind the occurrence of the error can be damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files
- In case the company file extension has been changed, then this kind of issue could be seen
- Also, if the file extensions are wrong
- Another reason for the same can be the third party firewall not configured
Methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Now that you have explored the symptoms, as well as the causes of QuickBooks error 80070057, it is time to find out the ways to fix the issue so you can get back to working on QuickBooks. We will check out each of the ways one by one:
Method 1: Open up company file properly
If the user opens up the company file correctly, then this error code can be avoided. Thus, the very first method is to open the company file correctly. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The very first step is to open the QuickBooks desktop
- And then choose the company file
- Finally, click on open option
The point to be noted here is that, if the file is located on a remote system, then make sure to learn the process to access it correctly.
Method 2: Move the company file to default location
Another method is to move the company file to the default location. In case the company file is saved on a different location, then the user needs to move it to the default location. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, the user needs to close QuickBooks desktop
- After that, the user needs to browse to the location of the company file
- And then, right click the company file, followed by selecting copy option
- The next step is to browse to the default location, along with that, right click and select paste. The location to be selected is: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files
- Once done with that, the user needs to open QuickBooks, along with that select find a company file
- Followed by, selecting local drives, and then spot the company file name
- And to end the process is to choose the correct company files and then click on open.
The point to be noted here is that, if the user is using the multi-user mode, ensure to share the files after they are moved.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000 80?
Method 3: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
If the above two methods didn’t work for you, then in that case you can download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps involved in this case are as follows:
- The very first step in this process is to close the QuickBooks desktop
- And then, download QuickBooks Tool Hub file, and then save it to the system
- Once done with that, the user needs to double click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to open it. And follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions
- The next step in the process is to double click the icon and open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, select the company file issues tab
- Followed by, selecting run QuickBooks file doctor
- Now, the user needs to select the company file from the drop down menu, in file doctor
- If the user is unable to find the company file and then choose Browse and search option to find the company file
- After that select the check your file option and then click on continue option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to enter the QuickBooks admin password, followed by selecting the next option
- The last step in the process is to open QuickBooks and the company file to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest release
To fix the issue, the user can also update the software to the latest release. Many times, the outdated version of the software might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, move to the help menu
- And then, click on the update QuickBooks
- The next step is to launch the update now tab and select the reset update option, only if the user wishes to erase the earlier update downloads
- Followed by selecting the get updates option and then hit the start QuickBooks again option.
- The last step is to verify that the error is resolved or not.
Method 5: Verify the company file name extension
If none of the above methods worked for you till now, then you can verify the company file name extension. The steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
- Hit a right click on company file
- After that choose Properties tab.
- Hit a click on QuickBooks tab. Please note that the file extension in the filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- At last, hit a click on OK button
Change the extension
- In order to change the extension, the user needs to create a new folder
- And then, copy the company file, along with that paste it to a new folder
- The next step is to right click the new folder and then select the rename icon
- Once done with that, the user needs to alter the QB file extension with the .qbm
- Now, click anywhere to save the changes
- After that, the user is supposed to restore the portable file by opening the QuickBooks desktop
- In case the user is facing any problem, the user needs to rename the extension to .qbb
- Moving ahead, the user is required to open QuickBooks, followed by restore the backup
- The next step is to rename the extension to .qbx, if the file doesn’t open
- To end the process, the user needs to open the QuickBooks convert to an accounting copy
Copy the company file and then paste it to another folder in flash drive
- Firstly, the user needs to open the Windows explorer, followed by opening QuickBooks
- And then, move to the file icon, along with that right click and select the new folder icon
- The next step is to copy the company file .QBW out of the flash drive, and then paste it into a new folder
- To end the process, the user open the QuickBooks desktop and open a new folder
Method 6: Run QuickBooks desktop as system administrator
The user can also run QuickBooks desktop as system administrator. This could resolve the issue up to certain extent. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that right-click to the QuickBooks icon.
- Now choose Run as administrator option.
- After following these steps If your company file did not open automatically, then choose the company file, and select Open.
Method 7: Manually resolving QuickBooks error 80070057
In case none of the above methods worked in fixing the issue, it is recommended to try out a few manual steps to get rid of error 80070057 permanently. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Change the name of .ND files
- In this step, the user needs browse to the location of the company file.
- And then, look for the corresponding .ND file .
- The next step is to right click the .ND file and then hit rename option.
- Followed by typing in .old at the end of the file name
The point to be noted here is that, the user can only proceed to the below steps, in case he/she is using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks database server manager on the server
- First of all, download and install QuickBooks Tool hub.
- And then, select the network issues there in.
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on the QuickBooks database server manager. In case QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server, then the user will be prompted to install it.
- The next step is to select the start scan option, which can be found inside the QuickBooks database server manager, if the company file folder gets displayed. In case they aren’t, the user needs to Browse to the location of the company file and then hit Start scan.
- To end the process, select Close option.
Method 8: Performing a clean installation of QuickBooks
When none of the issues work, the user can simply opt for the clean installation of QuickBooks. This process involves uninstalling and reinstalling of the software. It can remove the technical snags and can help the user in getting rid of the issue up to great extent. Thus, try carrying out a clean installation or use the clean install tool.
Method 9: Configuring the BitDefender
The process to configure the BitDefender one is not mandatory, as not every user is having BitDefender. In case the user is making use of the BitDefender, then it can work in fixing the issue. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- The user needs to initially navigate to the BitDefender 10.0 menu
- And then select the antivirus program
- Followed by visiting the custom level opt and then choose the exclude path from the scan
- The next step is to select the new item option
- And end the process by selecting the mapped drive or UNC path used to browse the company file
Method 10: Configure firewall settings
Many times, the firewall and other security services can become a hurdle in smooth working of the software. This demands configuring the firewall settings. The user can carry out the steps below to configure firewall settings:
- The very first step is to add exceptions in the firewall
- And then, carry out the onscreen or the firewall provider’s instructions for changing the firewall settings. This allows the user to send and receive the data
- The last step is to uninstall and reinstall the firewall and check if the issue persists
Read this also: Steps to fix QuickBooks desktop won open problem
To Wrap it Up!
QuickBooks error 80070057 can be very much frustrating for the users to deal with. However, following the above methods might help the user in fixing the issue with much ease. If by any chance the error persists, or in case of any query, do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals, by ringing up at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Our team of experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you the best possible support in fixing the error code 0x80070057 and various other QB related bugs.
Users also searched for: