Unleash the ways to fix QuickBooks Error code 80070057 like a Pro:
Came across QuickBooks error code 0x80070057 and found it difficult to get out of it? Well, this is situation is quite relatable for majority of users, as encountering “The parameter is Incorrect Error 80070057” is one of the most common issue as reported. You might stumble upon such an error when you try to open the company file. There are numerous facts associated with QuickBooks error code 80070057, which we will be discussing later.
This error code is generally seen with an error message stating:
Error: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect or You do not have sufficient permissions
Error Code 80070057: “There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks”
QuickBooks Error: “80070057, the parameter is incorrect. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file [path and name].”
Error: “80070057: parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
Error: “80070057 the parameter is incorrect” and “You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files…”
Considering various aspects, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing all the facts associated with QuickBooks error code 80070057. To unleash those facts, make sure to read this article till the end, or you can consult our QuickBooks error support team and ask them for guidance. We will ensure to provide the best possible support services in no time.
What is QuickBooks error 80070057?
QuickBooks error 80070057 is one of the most common error faced by QuickBooks users, which states that the parameter is incorrect, especially when the company file is opened up. This error code indicates that you are not having enough permission to delete the files. This error can be fixed by carrying out the steps mentioned in this post later on. So, make sure to stay tuned to the post till the end.
You may see the following error message on your screen when trying to open your company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks error 80070057?
Checkout the following symptoms you may see when error 80070057 takes place in your QuickBooks desktop.
- The error code 80070057 can be identified if the company file collapsed suddenly.
- The parameter is incorrect error message pop up appears on the screen:
- Another symptom can be if the system freezes.
- The program window crashes repeatedly or sluggish system response.
- System crashes often and the users have not permission to delete the company files.
- User not having the permission to delete the company files.
What leads to QuickBooks error 80070057?
This error usually encounters when a user try to open a company file from a workstation which is located in another web server or host computer. Following are the potential causes that leads the QuickBooks error 80070057:
- Wrong firewall and internet security settings can be one of the most common reasons.
- .ND file gets damaged somehow.
- You are trying to open the portable file without having QuickBooks open.
- Another potential reason behind the occurrence of the error can be damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
- In case the company file extension has been changed, then this kind of issue could be seen.
- Also, if the file extensions are wrong.
- Another reason for the same can be the third party firewall not configured.
Methods to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057
Now that you have explored the symptoms, as well as the causes of QuickBooks error 80070057, it is time to find out the ways to fix the issue so you can get back to working on QuickBooks. We will check out each of the ways one by one:
Method 1: Open up company file properly
If you open the company file correctly, then this error code can be avoided. Thus, the very first method is to open the company file correctly. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The initial step is to open the QuickBooks desktop.
- And then choose the company file.
- Now hit a click on open option.
The point to be noted here is that, if the file is located on a remote system, then make sure to learn the process to access it correctly.
Method 2: Move the company file to default location
Another method is to move the company file to the default location. In case the company file is saved on a different location, then you need to move it to the default location. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- To begin with, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- After that browse to the location of the company file.
- And then hit a right click on the company file, followed by selecting copy option.
- Next step is to browse to the default location, along with that, right click and select paste. The location to be selected is: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks desktop along with that select find a company file.
- Followed by, selecting local drives, and then spot the company file name.
- The last steps is to choose the correct company files and then click on open.
The point to be noted here is that, if you are using the multi-user mode, ensure to share the files after they are moved.
You may also read: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000 80?
Method 3: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
If the above two methods didn’t work for you, then in that case you can download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps involved in this case are as follows:
- First step in this process is to close the QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, download QuickBooks Tool Hub file, and then save it to the system.
- Once done with that, you need to double click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to open it. And follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next step is to double click the icon and open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that select the company file issues tab.
- Followed by, selecting run QuickBooks file doctor.
- Now select the company file from the drop down menu, in file doctor.
- If you are unable to find the company file and then choose Browse and search option to find the company file.
- After that select the check your file option and then click on continue option.
- Moving ahead, enter the QuickBooks admin password, followed by selecting the next option.
- The final step in the process is to open QuickBooks and the company file to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks desktop to latest release
To fix the issue, you can also update the QuickBooks software to the latest release. Many times, the outdated version of the software might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- First of all, move to the help menu.
- And then, click on the update QuickBooks.
- Next step is to launch the update now tab and choose the reset update option, only if you wishes to erase the earlier update downloads.
- Followed by selecting the get updates option and then hit the start QuickBooks again option.
- At last, verify that the error is resolved or not.
Method 5: Verify the company file name extension
If none of the above methods worked for you till now, then you can verify the company file name extension. The steps involved in this particular process are as follows:
- Hit a right click on company file.
- After that choose Properties tab.
- Now hit a click on QuickBooks tab. Please note that the file extension in the filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- At last, hit a click on OK button.
Change the extension
- In order to change the extension, create a new folder.
- And then, copy the company file, along with that paste it to a new folder.
- Next step is to right click the new folder and then select the rename icon.
- Once done with that, change the QB file extension with the .qbm
- Now hit a click anywhere to save the changes.
- After that, it is supposed to restore the portable file by opening the QuickBooks desktop.
- In case you are facing any problem, rename the extension to .qbb
- Next, you are then required to open QuickBooks, followed by restore the backup.
- The next step is to rename the extension to .qbx, if the file doesn’t open.
- To end the process, open the QuickBooks convert to an accounting copy.
Copy the company file and then paste it to another folder in flash drive
- Firstly open the Windows explorer, followed by opening QuickBooks.
- And then move to the file icon, along with that right click and select the new folder icon.
- Next step is to copy the company file .QBW out of the flash drive, and then paste it into a new folder.
- To end the process, open the QuickBooks desktop and open a new folder.
Method 6: Run QuickBooks desktop as system administrator
You can also run QuickBooks desktop as system administrator. This could resolve the issue up to certain extent. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- Firstly you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that hit a right-click to the QuickBooks icon.
- Now choose Run as administrator option.
- After following these steps If your company file did not open automatically, then choose the company file, and select Open.
Method 7: Performing a clean installation of QuickBooks
When none of the issues work, you can simply opt for the clean installation of QuickBooks. This process involves uninstalling and reinstalling of the software. It can remove the technical snags and can help you in getting rid of the issue up to great extent. So, try carrying out a clean installation or use the clean install tool.
Method 8: Configuring the BitDefender
The process to configure the BitDefender one is not mandatory, as not every user is having BitDefender. In case you are making use of the BitDefender, then it can work in fixing the issue. The steps involved in here are as follows:
- Initially navigate to the BitDefender 10.0 menu and then select the antivirus program.
- Followed by visiting the custom level opt and then choose the exclude path from the scan.
- Next step is to select the new item option.
- And end the process by selecting the mapped drive or UNC path used to browse the company file.
You may see also: How to repair QuickBooks desktop company file?
Method 9: Configure firewall settings
Many times, the firewall and other security services can become a hurdle in smooth working of the software. This demands configuring the firewall settings. You can carry out the steps below to configure firewall settings:
- The first step is to add exceptions in the firewall.
- And then carry out the onscreen or the firewall provider’s instructions for changing the firewall settings. This allows you to send and receive the data.
- The final steps is to uninstall and reinstall the firewall and check if the issue persists.
Method 10: Manually resolving QuickBooks error 80070057
In case none of the above methods worked in fixing the issue, it is recommended to try out a few manual steps to get rid of error 80070057 permanently. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
Step 1: Change the name of .ND files
- In this step you need to browse to the location of the company file.
- And then look for the corresponding .ND file.
- Now hit a right click to the .ND file and then hit rename option.
- Followed by typing in .old at the end of the file name.
The point to be noted here is that, you can only proceed to the below steps, in case you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks database server manager on the server
- First of all download and install QuickBooks Tool hub and then, select the network issues there in.
- Once done with that, you need to hit a click on the QuickBooks database server manager. In case QuickBooks isn’t installed on the server, then you will be prompted to install it.
- Next, select the start scan option, which can be found inside the QuickBooks database server manager, if the company file folder gets displayed. In case they aren’t, Browse to the location of the company file and then hit Start scan.
- End the process by choosing Close option.
Read this also: Steps to fix QuickBooks desktop won open problem
Wrapping it Up!
QuickBooks error 80070057 can be very much frustrating for users to deal with. However, following the above methods might help you in fixing the issue with much ease. If by any chance the error persists, or in case of any query, do not hesitate in speaking to our QuickBooks enterprise support professionals, using our dedicated support line i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Our team of U.S. based accounting professionals and CPA’s will ensure to provide you the best possible support in fixing the error code 0x80070057 and various other accounting issues/problems.
Users also searched for: