A thorough walk through to rectify the QuickBooks Error 80070057 like a Professional:
Do you find yourself stuck with Error 80070057 and having difficulty getting rid of it? This situation is relatable for most users. The error reveals “The parameter is incorrect.” It is a frequent problem in the QuickBooks community. Most of the time, it comes up when attempting to access your company file. There are many facts related to the QuickBooks error message 80070057. Read along till the end.
This error code is usually accompanied with an error message that reads:
|“The parameter is incorrect” or “You do not have sufficient permissions”
|There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks
|Error Message 0x80070057:
|“The parameter is incorrect”. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with company file [path and name].
|“The Parameter is incorrect” when clicking on a QBB, QBM, QBW, ND, or TLG file from a Google Search Timeline.
|“The parameter is incorrect” and You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files…
After a careful examination of various factors involved in the process, we’ve arrived at this article in which we shall be discussing all the facts related to QuickBooks error code 80070057. To unleash those facts, ensure that you go through this article until the end. Alternatively, you may contact the QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787 to get a quick assistance. We’ll make sure to offer the highest quality support within a short time.
You may see: Fixation of QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106
What is QuickBooks error code 80070057 and why it occurs?
QB error 80070057 is one of the most frequent and common error faced by users. It states that the parameter is incorrect, especially when the company file is opened up. This error code means that you don’t have enough permission to delete files. This error can be fixed by following the steps mentioned in this post later on. Thus, ensure to keep reading the entire article till the end.
You may see the following error message on your screen when you try to open your company file within QuickBooks Desktop:
What Triggers QuickBooks Error Message 80070057?
This error usually encounters when a user attempt to open a company file from a workstation which is located in another web server or host computer. Following are the potential causes that can leads the this error:
- Erroneous firewall and internet security settings can be one of the most common reasons.
- The network ‘.ND’ file got damaged for some reason.
- You may be attempting to access the portable file without having QuickBooks Desktop open.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
- In case the company file extension has been changed, then this kind of issue could be seen.
- The file extensions are incorrect.
- Incorrectly configured third-party firewall.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect
Some noticeable symptoms are:
- A significant sign of QuickBooks error 80070057 is the company file abruptly got damaged.
- The following error message pops up on the screen:
- Another conspicuous symptom is if the system freezes recurrently.
- The program window crashes repeatedly or sluggish system response.
- QuickBooks Desktop software crashes repeatedly.
- Sluggish system response or Frequent system crashes and you might not have permission to delete the company files.
- You might not have permission to delete your company files.
Related Post: How to Fix Chase QuickBooks Download Problem?
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
After you’ve glimpsed through the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks error message 8070057, let us now embark on how to fix this issue to get back to working on QuickBooks software. Each of these options will be examined individually.
Method 1: Open up the company file properly
Correctly opening the company files can fix this issue. Thus, the very first method is to open the company file correctly. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Start with opening the QuickBooks desktop.
- Next, choose the Company file.
- Lastly, hit a click on the Open option.
Method 2: Move the company file to default location
The company File should be relocated to its default location. If the file got saved somewhere other than the original location, you must move it there. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
- In the inception, you need to first close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Later on, browse to the Location of the company file.
- After that, right-click on the Company file, followed by selecting the Copy option.
- Now browse to the Default location, followed by right-clicking and choosing Paste. The location to be selected is: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks desktop along with that, select Find a company file.
- Follow it up by selecting local drives and then spotting the company file name.
- At last, choose the Correct company files and then click on Open.
The point to be noted here is that, if you are using the multi-user mode, ensure to share the files after they get moved.
Method 3: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
If the above two walkways didn’t work out, download and launch the file doctor tool. The steps involved in this case are as follows:
- The first step is to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub file, and then save it to the PC.
- Next, you need to double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to open it. And follow the on-screen instructions to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now double-click the Icon to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- In the next step, go to the Company file issues tab.
- Once done with that, run the QuickBooks file doctor. [Note: This process will take up-to 1 or 2 minutes]
- Now choose the Company file from the drop-down menu, in File doctor.
- If you are unable to locate the file, choose Browse and Search option to find your company file.
- And further, choose the Check your File option and then move to the Continue option.
- Moving ahead, now you must enter the QuickBooks Admin Password, followed by hitting on the Next option.
- The concluding step requires you to open QuickBooks software and then access the company file to check whether the error code 80070057 issue got resolved.
Method 4: Updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
Another effective avenue to rectify the error is to update the QuickBooks software to the latest release. The outdated version of the software often might lead to such sort of errors. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- Kickstart the method by heading to the Help menu and then tap on Update QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done with that, now click on the Update now tab.
- You may opt for the Reset updates option, if you wish to erase the earlier Update downloads.
- And further, select the Get updates option and then hit the Start QuickBooks again option.
- Finally, check to see if the error got uprooted.
Read it also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6189 and 816?
Method 5: Verify the company file name extension
If all the methods mentioned till now failed to address the issue, verify the company file name extension. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Initially, you need to right-click on the Company file and head to the Properties tab.
- After that choose the QuickBooks tab.
Important: Please note that the file extension in the filename field and QuickBooks version in the last opened with a file.
- Lastly, choose the OK button.
Change the extension
- In order to alter the extension, you need to Create a new folder.
- Afterwards, Copy the company file, and then follow it up by pasting it to the new folder.
- Next step is to right-click the New folder and then choose the Rename option.
- Once done with that, change the QB file extension to .qbm
- Heading forward, hit a click anywhere on the screen to Save the changes.
- You are then supposed to restore the portable file by opening the QuickBooks desktop.
- In case you face any problem, don’t forget to Rename the extension back to .qbb
- You are then required to open QuickBooks, followed by choosing the option to restore the backup.
- Now rename the extension to .qbx, if the file doesn’t open.
- To end the process, open the QuickBooks convert to an accounting copy.
Copy the company file and then paste it to another folder in flash drive
- Initially, you are required to open the Windows Explorer by pressing the ‘Ctrl + E’ short-key.
- Subsequently, open QuickBooks.
- And then, move to the File icon, followed by right-clicking and selecting the New folder icon.
- You then need to Copy the company file. QBW out of the flash drive, and paste it into the New folder.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks Desktop and access the new folder.
Method 6: Run QuickBooks Desktop as a system administrator
You can also run QuickBooks desktop as a system administrator. This could resolve the QuickBooks error message 80070057 up to a certain extent. The steps to be followed here are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now choose the Run as administrator option.
- After following the steps mentioned above, if your company file does not open automatically, then hit on the company file, and choose Open.
See it also: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Won’t Open error
Method 7: Performing a clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the foregoing methods work for you, then you can choose to go for a clean installation of QuickBooks. This method involves uninstalling and reinstalling of the QB Desktop software. You can take the aid of clean install tool to solve technical problems and remove them completely up to great extent. This program can assist you in identifying any technical issues and removing them to a large extent. You have two options: either you do a clean install, or you can use this clean-install tool.
Method 8: Configuring the Bitdefender
The process to configure the BitDefender one is not mandatory, as not every user is having BitDefender. In case you are making use of the BitDefender, then it can work in fixing the issue. The steps you need to perform here are as follows:
If you have BitDefender installed on your PC, then:
- You need to go to BitDefender 10.0 menu, and opt for the antivirus.
- After that go to Custom level < Exclude path from the scan < Create new item < Mapped drive.
Read this also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?
Method 9: Configure firewall settings
many times, the firewall or some other security services may cause a hurdle in the smooth working of the QuickBooks. This requires configuring the firewall settings. You can carry out the steps below to configure firewall settings:
- Add essential QB-related files as exceptions in the Firewall.
- Pay heed to the on-screen or the firewall provider’s instructions for changing the Firewall settings. This allows you to send and receive the data.
- The final step is to Uninstall and Reinstall the firewall and check if the issue persists.
Method 10: Manually resolving QuickBooks error 80070057
If in case none of the above given methods were successful in resolving the problem, it is recommended that you try a few manual procedures to permanently resolve error 80070057 in QuickBooks. The following are the steps involved in this procedure:
Step 1: Change the name of .ND files
- Under this step, you need to browse to the Location of the company file.
- After that, locate the corresponding .ND file (For example: MyCompanyFileName.qbw.nd)
- Now, hit a right-click on the .ND file and then hit on the Rename option.
- Followed by typing in .OLD at the end of the file name.
Note: You can only proceed to the below steps, in case you are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Step 2: Running QuickBooks database server manager on the server
- Initiate the process by downloading and installing the QuickBooks Tool hub and selecting the Network issues therein.
- After that, you need to click on the QuickBooks database server manager. If in case the QuickBooks is not installed on the server computer, then that case, you will be prompted to install it.
- Subsequently, if the company file folder gets displayed, choose the Start Scan option in the QuickBooks database server manager.
- In case they aren’t, Browse to the location of the your company file and then choose the Start Scan tab.
- End the process by choosing the Close option.
See it also: Learn Quick Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 15227
Wrapping it Up!
The QuickBooks error code 80070057 can be extremely annoying for users to handle. But, following these above-illustrated strategies could assist you in resolving the issue quickly. If the problem still persists after applying all the steps or if you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask them to our QuickBooks Enterprise support experts via our support line, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our team of U.S based accounting experts and CPA’s will leave no stone unturned to assist you with best possible support for fixing the error code 0x80070057 and various other accounting issues/problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
This error is a common error that occurs while opening the company file. It can be triggered by the following causes:
1. Incorrect internet security settings.
2. The network ‘.ND’ file may be damaged.
3. Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks files.
This error can be resolved by the following methods:
1. Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
2. Running QuickBooks Database Server Manager
3. Configuring the Firewall settings
4. Updating QuickBooks Desktop.
The parameter error encountered in QuickBooks is an error specific to Windows 10/8/7. This error prevents users from getting access to their company data and may also cause damage to the external storage devices connected to the system, including the hard drives and USB flash drives.
The following error messages are observed along with the error 80070057.
“The parameter is incorrect” or “You do not have sufficient permissions.” or “The parameter is incorrect”. There was an unexpected error reported while trying to run QuickBooks with the company file [path and name]. or “The parameter is incorrect,” and You do not have sufficient permission to delete files.
Users also searched for: