Learn the most effective steps to fix the Error 6094, 0 (6010, 2) when opening QuickBooks Desktop
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code 6094, 0 (6010, 2) and don’t know the ways to get rid of it? If yes, then you need not worry about it. As, today’s post will be dedicated to fixing error code 6094, 0 (6010, 2). This error is usually seen when the third-party antivirus/internet security program blocks the QuickBooks desktop. The third-party security program includes PC tools internet security, AVG Antivirus, and SpyHunter malware blocking QuickBooks software.
To know more about QuickBooks error code 6094, read carefully to this segment till the end. You can also get in touch with our 24X7 QuickBooks error support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our U.S based experts will be more than happy to help you with your concerns.
What Is QuickBooks Error Code 6094, 0?
As mentioned before, you can encounter this error when QuickBooks fails to launch the web database. Also, the same error can be seen due to the security program updates. It comes with an error message stating:
|Warning||“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)”.|
The causes and fixes will be discussed later in this post.
What causes the QuickBooks error code 6094?
This error can be caused due to a few factors enlisted below:
- Anti-virus causing the error.
- Erroneous Internet security settings might also cause the error.
- SpyHunter/malware blocking the same.
Before moving to the troubleshooting, you need to consider certain points, such as:
- Update anti-virus software to the latest release.
- And also, navigate to the quarantine folder or antivirus vault to restore the qbdbmgrn.exe and qbdmgr.exe files.
- Prevent QuickBooks desktop directory from getting scanned by adding exceptions on antivirus software.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304?
Methods To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6094, 0 (6010, 2)
Now that you know why this QuickBooks error code 6094, 0 is encountered, you need to fix the error. Make sure to perform the required steps we have listed below to get rid of the error. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Repairing QuickBooks desktop software
The first method requires you to repair the QuickBooks error 6094,.this can be easily done by carrying out the steps below:
- Close all the unnecessary programs interfering with the QuickBooks software and then restart the same.
- Ensure to have the Backup of the QuickBooks company file.
- Move to the Start menu and open the Control panel.
- Choose Programs and features in the control panel. Also, Uninstall any program which is not needed.
- Choose the QuickBooks program from the list and hit on the Uninstall and change option.
- Moving ahead, hit a click on the Continue tab and then choose Next.
- Go for the Repair option and click on next and wait until the repair process completes.
- Hit on the Finish tab and reboot the PC.
- To end the process, Download the latest payroll tax table and also the QuickBooks latest version.
Method 2: Remove QuickBooks files from the list of blocked files
The easy steps to get QuickBooks removed from the blocked files list are given as follows:
- Launch the SpyHunter software.
- Hit on the System guard.
- Choose the User added tab and then search for the QuickBooks files.
- Set the QuickBooks files status as Allowed.
- If you are unable to find the QuickBooks files, go back under the Added tab.
- Also, verify PUP.
- If you find any QuickBooks file in the list, then Set its status to allowed.
- Also, set the status as allowed if you found the QuickBooks files blocked under PUP.
Related article: Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057
Method 3: Configure the AVG antivirus
The steps to follow for preventing the QuickBooks directory from being scanned:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and then open AVG Antivirus user interface.
- Double-click the Resident shield and choose to Manage exceptions is recommended.
- Afterward, choose the Add path option, followed by navigating to C:\Program Files\Intuit. It should be noted that if QuickBooks is installed in a different folder, then adding that folder path is recommended.
- Hit OK and Save changes. Moreover, note that it is necessary to Restore all QuickBooks file that AVG Anti-virus quarantined.
Check if the files are quarantined
- Open AVG Antivirus user interface and hit on History.
- Opt for the Virus vault and locate any QuickBooks file that has been quarantined. Example: qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe, qbdbmgr.exe.
- Go for the required files, and along with that select Restore and close.
- To end the process, open QuickBooks.
Check for any renamed files in the installation directory
- Initially, close QuickBooks.
- Check for the path C:\ program files\Intuit\ QuickBooks for the rename files in the install directory that were renamed. Example: QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED.
- Rename the file to the Original name.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks desktop.
Method 4: Check PC Tools Internet Security
The steps below aim at restoring any infections that have been Quarantined:
- From the Settings menu, choose Quarantine.
- Also, choose Necessary items to restore, followed by selecting Restore.
- Choose Yes and hit the OK button.
Setting up exceptions to prevent the QuickBooks directory from being scanned.
- In this, you need to choose the Settings option from the PC Tools Internet Security menu.
- Choose the Global action list. Follow it up by choosing the add to select the Files to be excluded from scanning.
- Select the OK tab.
Read this also: Resolve connection has been lost error in QuickBooks
Method 5: Restore QuickBooks files from quarantine(if any)
There may be a possibility that somehow your antivirus recognized QuickBooks as a threat and thus transferred critical QuickBooks executable files into the Quarantine folder. The steps below should give you an idea about how you can recover the file back to its original state.
- Proceed to History from the program’s dashboard.
- Hit on the Virus vault.
- Look for the file starting with ‘qb‘ and then choose the same.
- The final step requires you to choose the Restore option.
- Hit on Close.
Method 6: Go for QuickBooks Updates
Updating the QuickBooks software may solve the problem at times. So it is recommended that you follow the below-illustrated steps to update the software without any hassle.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Proceed to the Help tab, followed by the QuickBooks Desktop Update option.
- Hit on the Update Now option.
- Subsequently, choose the Get Updates option.
- The upgrade process may take some time.
- Once it is over, hit on Close and re-open QuickBooks to check whether the error code 6092 got uprooted.
Method 7: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop Application
Clean installation of QuickBooks is a viable remedy to ward off issues on a large scale in the QuickBooks program. If the various methods discussed above prove futile in resolving error code 6094, then, you should clean install QuickBooks, the steps for which are given as under:
- Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub after downloading it.
- Run it from the desktop icon, then navigate to the section under “Program Installation Issues.”
- To completely reinstall the program, select QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and see if the issue has been fixed.
- It is advised to contact support if the mistake reappears or if you get stuck at any point for the necessary help and assistance.
With this, we come to the end of this article, and we also hope that the invaluable information shared above might be of immense help in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 6904. However, if the error still persists, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team via our helpline, i.e., 1-800-761-1787. Our U.S based certified accounting professionals will be there to assist you in getting rid of the error with much ease.
Few other helpful articles