Learn the best steps to fix 6094, 0 (6010, 2) when opening QuickBooks Desktop
Stumbled upon QuickBooks error code 6094, 0 (6010, 2) and don’t know the ways to get rid of it? If yes, then need not to worry about it. As, today’s post will be dedicated towards fixing error code 6094, 0 (6010, 2). This error is usually seen when the third-party antivirus/internet security program blocks QuickBooks desktop. The third-party security program includes, PC tools internet security, AVG Antivirus, and SpyHunter malware blocking QB software. To know more about this error, make sure to read this article till the end.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304?
What is QuickBooks error code 6094, 0?
As mentioned before, the user can encounter this error, when QuickBooks fails to launch the web database. Also, the same error can be seen, due to the security program updates. It comes with an error message stating:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to start the database server that manages access to the QuickBooks company file. Error (-6094,0)”.
The causes and fixes will be discussed later in this post.
What leads to QuickBooks error code 6094?
This error can be caused due to a few factors, enlisted below:
- Anti-virus causing the error
- PC tools internet security might also cause the error
- SpyHunter malware blocking the same
Before moving to the troubleshooting, the user needs to consider certain points, such as:
- The user is first required to update anti-virus software to the latest release
- And also, navigate to the quarantine folder or antivirus vault to restore qbdbmgrn.exe and qbdmgr.exe files
- The user is also needed to prevent QuickBooks desktop directory to get scanned by adding exceptions on antivirus software
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6094, 0 (6010, 2)?
Now that you know, why this QuickBooks error code 6094, 0 is encountered, you need to fix the error. Make sure to perform the required steps we have listed below, in order to get rid of the error. Let us check out each of the methods one by one:
Method 1: Repairing QuickBooks desktop software
The last method is to repair QuickBooks, which can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- Close the unnecessary programs interfering the QuickBooks and then restart the same
- After that, make sure to have the backup of the QuickBooks company file
- Move to the start menu and open control panel
- Now, the user needs to select programs and features in the control panel. Also, the user needs to uninstall any program which is not needed.
- Also, select the QuickBooks program from the list and click on the uninstall and change option
- Moving ahead, the user needs to click on continue tab and then select next
- After that, choose the repair option and click on next and wait until the repair process completes.
- The next step is to click on finish tab and reboot the system
- To end the process, the user needs to download the latest payroll tax table and also the QuickBooks latest version
Related article: Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 80070057
Method 2: Setup AVG antivirus
The steps to follow for preventing QuickBooks directory from being scanned:
- At first, the user needs to close QuickBooks and then open AVG Antivirus user interface
- And then, double-clicking the resident shield and selecting manage exceptions is recommended
- The next step is to choose the add path option, followed by entering C:\Program Files\Intuit. It should be noted that if QuickBooks is installed in a different folder, then adding that folder path is recommended.
- The last step is to hit OK and save changes. Moreover, note that it is necessary to restore all QuickBooks file that AVG Anti-virus quarantined.
Check if the files are quarantined
- First of all, open AVG Antivirus user interface and select history
- Select virus vault and locate any QuickBooks file that has been quarantined. Example: qb.exe, qbw32.exe, qbdbmgrn.exe, qbdbmgr.exe
- Choose the required files, and along with that select restore and close
- To end the process open QuickBooks
Checking for renamed files in installation directory
- For this, the user needs to Close QuickBooks
- Check for the path C:\ program files\Intuit\ QuickBooks for the rename files in the install directory that were renamed. Example: QBDBMGRN_AVG_RESTORED
- After that, the user should rename the file to the original name
- Lastly open QuickBooks desktop
Read this also: Resolve connection has been lost error in QuickBooks
Method 3: PC tools Internet Security
The steps below are to restore infections that have been Quarantined:
- First of all, from the settings menu select Quarantine
- And then select necessary items to restore, followed by selecting restore
- Now select Yes and hit OK button.
For setting up exceptions to prevent QuickBooks directory from being scanned
- In this, the user needs to select Settings option from PC tools Internet Security menu
- And then choose Global action list. Followed by selecting add to select the files to be excluded from scanning
- And lastly select OK tab
Method 4: Simple troubleshooting steps
- The very first thing is to ensure that the antivirus software is on the latest update.
- After that restore qbdmgr.exe and qbdmgrn.exe from the virus vault or Quarantine.
- Once done with that, the user needs to prevent QuickBooks from being scanned by adding exceptions on the antivirus software.
Method 5: Restoring QuickBooks files from quarantine
- The user needs to select the history from the program’s dashboard
- And also, click on the virus vault
- Followed by look for the file starts with qb and then click on the same
- The last step is to select restore and close options.
Method 6: Removing the QB files from software blocked files list
- The very first step is to launch the SpyHunter software
- And then, click on the system guard
- After that, the user is required to select the user added tab and then look for the QuickBooks files
- The next step is to set QuickBooks files status as allowed
- And then, if you are unable to find the QuickBooks files, and then go back under the added tab
- Also, verify PUP
- And, if you find any QB file in the list, then set its status to allowed
- And to end the process, set status as allowed if you found the QuickBooks files blocked under PUP
Related Post: Steps to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100
With this we come to the end of this article, and we also hope that the information shared in above might be of some help in getting rid of QuickBooks error code 6904. However, in case of any query or if the error persists, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Our experts and certified accounting professionals will be there to assist you in getting rid of the error with much ease.
Few other helpful articles