Checkout the New and Improved features of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 21.0 for your complex business needs
Intuit the developer of QuickBooks, releases its latest version every year, with new and enhanced features. If you aren’t aware already, you need to know that the QuickBooks desktop enterprise 21.0 has already stepped into the accounting industry. This newer release includes a lot of new and enhanced features, which serves the complex business needs. Well, before to make your mind to either opt for it or avoid this release, make sure that you read this article thoroughly.
In today’s article, we will be talking about the latest features introduced in QuickBooks desktop enterprise 2021 to improve efficiency for complex business needs. However, if you need our assistance at any point of time, then you can simply get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and U.S based certified accounting professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate assistance and most relevant information.
New Features that rolls in with QuickBooks desktop enterprise 21.0
There are loads of newly introduced features with QuickBooks desktop enterprise 21.0. Let us explore each of the features one by one:
Improved – Data Level Permissions
This feature allows the user to customize the user access to view, edit, or delete from a specific group of customers, vendors, and related data. This feature improves the security and confidentiality by restricting the user’s access. Here are the steps to implement enhanced data level permissions:
- The user needs to at first, log into the file as the admin user. And then, from the menu bar, the user needs to select the company users, and also setup users and roles. The user will then have to select the roles tab. Now, edit the role or create a custom role.
- After that, the user should choose the accounts receivable role and then click on the right to duplicate
- Now, the user will have to type a role name with an optional description for in depth restrictions
- The next step is to click on centers in the role access and also click on customer center
- Once done with that, the user needs to click on custom and then hit edit
- In case, no customer group exits, the user needs to create a customer group. The user can also select allow this role to new customer and then opt for permitting the assigned users of the role to view, modify, delete, etc.
The below image shows the user with restricted Residential AR Customer role is making an attempt to modify a Customer record that’s assigned a Commercial customer type.
Improved Bank Feeds
This feature can be accessed from the menu bar, followed by selecting edit, preference, checking, bank feeds, and advanced mode respectively. The user needs to select the banking, bank feeds, bank feeds center to launch the bank feeds from the menu bar. This feature will automatically categorize bank transactions in detail, with the help of enhanced rules, batch editing, and improved matching. The user will have more flexibility and efficiency with enhanced rules that allows to look for things easily.
Batch Delete Sales Orders
This new feature helps in managing client files more efficiently by being able to batch delete sales orders that are not linked to an invoice. In the earlier release of QuickBooks desktop enterprise, the accountant option with the option to delete or void in batch, invoices, bills etc. was available. This feature can be access from the menu bar, by selecting the Accountant >, batch delete/void transactions.
You may also like: How to Set Up Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks?
Enhanced Landed Costs Feature
Another enhanced feature of the new release is the landed costs, which upgraded from that available earlier. This basically permits the user to allocate the freight, shipping and other charges, but the new and upgraded feature offers more control and flexibility in calculating and sharing landed costs. At the time of setting up landed costs feature, the user gets the option to select other current assets or the cost of good sold account type, in order to record the landed cost amount.
The advanced landed costs feature helps in permitting to calculate landed cost for vendor bills in closed accounting sessions. The user gets better control over delicate information by printing bills with or without landed cost details. This feature can be accessed by:
- At first selecting the file menu
- And then, choose edit option
- Along with that opt for preferences tab
- Now, click on items and inventory
- And, choose company preferences
- The next step is to opt for advanced inventory settings
- And lastly, click on landed cost tab
At the time of setting up the landed cost feature, the user can go for either Other current assets or cost of goods sold account type, in order to record the landed cost amount. However, selecting the first feature is recommended. This particular feature has worked upon and enhanced to permit calculating the landed costs for vendor bills in closed accounting periods. The best thing about this feature is that, it permits to have better control over sensitive information by printing bills with or without the landed cost details.
The below image indicates the other current asset type account being used. Moreover, the allocation account value has reduced by the amount allotted to the inventory items, which in turns increases the inventory asset account value.
Serial or Lot Numbers Needed on Transactions
This is a newly introduced feature that says new advanced inventory serial/lot number global preference setting, or individual inventory item settings, needed for entry of a lot number before the transaction is saved. Most importantly, it should be noted that this feature will release with the QuickBooks desktop enterprise 21.0 platinum subscription after R1. And earlier it was included with the QuickBooks desktop enterprise 20.0 platinum subscription.
This feature can be access with the help of the steps below:
- Initially, the user needs to select edit option to set the global preference from the menu bar
- And then, choose preference tab
- Now, click on items and inventory
- The next step is to select the company preference tab
- And also, choose the serial/lot numbers
- Also, select the default settings for serial/lot numbers
- This step is optional, as the user can set the requirement on the individual inventory item from the menu bar
- By selecting the lists and the item list option respectively.
- After that, with the help of the cursor, the user needs to select the item
- Once done with that, the user needs to right click and edit
- Also, click on the serial tab on the right side
- Followed by selecting the make it mandatory option
New – Barcode Label Prices
This is the new feature introduced in this release i.e. the barcode label prices. QuickBooks automatically includes the sales price on the printed barcode labels to supplement the item name and the description. It also provides a greater pricing visibility to customers and employees by including the sales prices on barcodes. Along with that, the shopping experience for the customer is also enhanced by giving essential pricing information on each and every inventory item. The user can access this feature by:
- Selecting the menu bar
- And then, opting for file option
- Now, choose print forms option
- Followed by clicking on labels
Read this Also: How to Use QuickBooks auto data recovery?
Improved Alternate Vendor Reports
This feature was released in the last version, and it allows the user to have an information center having vendor contact and pricing data, assisting to make more informed purchasing decisions. The user can easily make purchase orders with vendor information automatically included. The new release improves this feature and the experience by including the alternate vendor column in specific reports. In order to access this feature, the steps below can be used:
- At first, the user needs to select reports from the menu bar
- And then, use the inventory option
- Along with that, the user needs to select the inventory stock status by item
- Or the user can also select the inventory valuation summary
- In order to include the alternate vendor column on the displayed report
- The user needs to click on the customize report tab
- Also, on the display tab, scroll to select the alternate vendor column
Automated Receipt Management
This feature has been introduced in this release only and it automatically creates and categorize the receipt expense transactions in QuickBooks using the QuickBooks desktop mobile app to capture the data. With the help of this feature, the user can stay organized by attaching digital receipt images to expense transactions for audit trails. The user can simply use this feature as follows:
- The user needs to select vendors option from the menu bar initially
- And then, choose the receipt management
Rule Based Customer Groups
Another newly introduced feature is the customer groups, which helps in creating rule-based customer groups based on fields such as customer type, status, location, sales rep, so that one can manage and automate communications with much ease. In simple words, customer groups can be used to automate sending the invoices or statements. The user can make use of this feature as follows:
- First of all, select customers from the menu bar
- And then, choose the payment reminders
- After that, click on the manage customer groups
- Or the user can also select the lists and manage groups options
Auto Matching for Customer Merchant Payments
The Auto matching for customer merchant payments assists the QuickBooks Desktop Merchants to auto match the payments to their accounting records every time. Almost all of the download payment transactions will be automatically assigned to the relevant open invoice. Moreover, with the help of this feature, the users can efficiently target the category of transactions that require instant attention. The best part about this is that the credit card payments are deposited the next day into the merchant’s account, with no extra expenditure or merchant action needed!
In order to access this feature, the user will have to carry out the steps below:
- First of all, the user will have to select the menu bar
- And then, click on customer tab
- Now, choose credit card processing activities
- And also, click on record merchant service deposits
IMPROVED! QuickBooks Capital Funding
The user can easily access to transparent, simplest, and highly flexible business funding, with absolutely no origination fees, prepayment penalties, or any sort of hidden charges. The user can apply this feature directly in QuickBooks and without even affecting the credit score.
This feature can be easily access from the menu bar, by selecting the banking option and also the get financing.
QuickBooks Tool Hub Program
Tool Hub is the go to place for assistance with common QuickBooks issues. You can Fix common problems and errors with the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
You can download the latest tool hub program from here.
- Fix most common QB errors using QuickBooks Tool Hub program
- You can find all the common tools of QuickBooks in one place
- You can fix the issues with just one click and it saves your time
Automated Send Statements/Payment Reminders
Automated send statements is also a newly introduced feature, which will automate regularly sent statement emails, tailored to different customer needs. The statements can be reviewed and are sent from QuickBooks, with the help of the predefined email and templates configured during the automated statement setup. The user can make use of different templates for different customer groups. In order to select the scheduled statement timing, from the menu bar, the user needs to choose the edit tab and also the preferences tab. Also, opt for the payments option. On the assigned day and time, the user will get a pop-up reminder to be sent.
To access this feature, follow the steps below:
- First of all, the user needs to select customers from the menu bar
- And then, choose create statements
- Once done with that, the user needs to select the go to payment reminders
- Or the user can select customers
- Followed by selecting payment reminders
- Now, choose schedule payment reminders
- And also, select new schedule and statement options respectively
QuickBooks Desktop Manager
The QuickBooks desktop manager can be used for installing any non-subscription owned QuickBooks desktop products, especially starting with the year 2010 through the latest version. It should be noted that, for subscription products, only supported versions of QuickBooks desktop will be accessible, when it comes to installation.
You can download the latest QuickBooks desktop manager tool from here
The user can find and install all the QuickBooks desktop products with much ease that too from a single management tool. All you have to do are four simple clicks, and install or upgrade the QuickBooks desktop.
The important point over here is that the QuickBooks desktop manager doesn’t include owned licenses of QuickBooks point of sale or QuickBooks for Mac.
PDF Invoice and attachment review
This is regarded as a slip stream release. And this new feature is available with QuickBooks desktop pro, pro plus, premier, premier plus, accountant 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 (Maintenance R5) or latest.
This feature can be easily accessed from the displayed create invoices transaction, by selecting email on the main ribbon toolbar.
This feature allows automatically previewing the invoice and attachments from the send invoice view in QuickBooks. The user will now need not to manually open each attachment outside QuickBooks to confirm the accuracy of the email content. This saves a lot of time for the user and makes things easier.
Payroll liability reminders
This is included with QuickBooks desktop pro, pro plus, premier, premier plus, Accountant 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 or newer with an enhanced payroll subscription. This feature permits the user to permit the businesses to set up calendar notices to make sure that they are reminded of the upcoming payroll taxes, and liability payments. Moreover, it is helpful as the user can get the reminders outside the software. The user can hold on to the money a little longer and pay the liabilities on time instead paying before date. This also permits the user to track the different deadlines to pay liabilities and also get reminders in a timely manner.
At the end of this article we expect that the information shared in this article, might be enough to start with the QuickBooks desktop enterprise 21.0. However, if you need any technical guidance or for any further information, call us at our toll-free customer support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Our Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will be happy to help you, in providing the best possible support services.
You May Like These Posts