Learn the best ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100
For over a decade, QuickBooks is considered one of the best accounting software available in the market. Introduced by Intuit, this software is now being used by small and medium scale businesses to manage their financial and accounting tasks. Every year a new version of the application is launched with new and improved features. And moreover, users find it extremely easy to use and also beneficial for their business processes.
Even though QuickBooks desktop is known to be the most reliable accounting software, but at times different bugs and errors erupt on it affecting its operations. A common error faced by the users is QuickBooks error code 6010 which indicates that the software is not allowed to access the network due to the anti-virus software or firewall. This error also occurs during the reinstalling of QuickBooks desktop.
You will get an error message on your desktop screen when error 6010 occurs:
An error occurred. Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again” (-6010, -100).
If you are also facing this kind of issue, then make sure to read this post till the end, or you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop support team and ask them to fix the error for you. You can make a call at our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-761-1787 and our experts will be happy to resolve the error permanently.
What do you mean by QuickBooks error 6010, 100?
QuickBooks error code 6010, 100 basically indicates that the QuickBooks software is not permitted to access the network due to the anti-virus software or firewall. This error code can also be seen when the user tries to re-install QB software. It can be said that this error shows that the installation of QuickBooks software might have been changed and attempt to install this QuickBooks application again. There can be many factors leading to error 6010, 100, which we will be discussing later in this post.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6010, 100?
There might be various reasons that can causes this error. Below are some of the common reasons behind to the QuickBooks error 6010, -100, that will help in finding the right solutions.
- The users may encounter the error 6010, if the .ND files are disconnected from the files that end with .QBW and TLG
- Firewall or antivirus programs is not allowing QuickBooks desktop to access the network.
- The system’s framework requires cleaning.
- The QB registry files are removed by any registry-optimizing applications in the system
- Users are not able to access QuickBooks as blockage is caused by anti-virus programs like ESET NOD32
- When a 3rd party app downloaded on Windows that deletes the important registry files.
Solutions to QuickBooks error code 6010 100
To resolve QuickBooks error code 6010 follow the below given solution methods. If any method is not working for you then you need to skip it and try the next method:
Solution 1: Repair the company file
The very first method is to repair the company file. Many times, if the company file is corrupted or damaged, the user might face such an error. The user can repair the company file by carrying out the steps below:
- The first step is to open the folder that has stored the company file
- Now, look for the file which has .QBW extension
- After that, select the Copy option by right-clicking on the file
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on Paste option.
- Now, hold the Ctrl key in order to open the QuickBooks application
- After this, you will come across the option No Company Open
- The next step is to click on Open or restore an existing company.
- The last step is to launch the company file and check if still the error 6010 is there or not
Read Also: What is QuickBooks error codes 6000 95?
Solution 2: Close the Processes and set QuickBooks to Single User Mode
Another solution is to close the processes and then set QuickBooks to single-user mode. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- First of all, using the Administrator credentials, log into the PC
- Now press Ctrl + Shift +Esc keys and launch Task Manager
- After this choose the Users option.
- Once done, you have to highlight all QuickBooks processes like qbupdate.exe, EXE and QBDBM.exe
- Now click on End Task in multi-user mode
- To check if the QuickBooks error 6010 has been resolved or not, launch the company file.
Solution 3: Utilize QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If the above method didn’t work for you, then you need to use the QuickBooks database server manager. This would resolve the issue up to a certain extent.
- The first thing to do is download QuickBooks Tools Hub and save it to your computer.
- After that find out the downloaded file named as QuickBooksToolsHub.exe and double click it to run the setup.
- Hit a click to Allow this app to make changes on your PC.
- Now click on Next option to install this tool on your system.
- Hit a click on Next to Accept the license agreement and the click on Install.
Note: This will take few seconds to install it on your computer. Once the procedure done! click on finish.
- Once the QuickBooks Tools Hub successfully installed on your computer, click on the Icon to launch it
- Now on the tools hub, go to the network issues and click on QuickBooks database server manager option
- Scan the company file location and then click on the Scan Folders tab.
- Next, browse and choose the folder and files that stores your company file (.QBW)
- Now click on OK and then click on Start Scan option
- Once all is done, you can now log into your company files.
Solution 4: Give a new name to the .ND extension
Giving a new name to the .ND extension can also be a great solution to this error. The steps to be followed for this are as follows:
- First open the Company file which has the .ND extension
- After this access the company file where the error 6010 is occurring.
- Right click on it, once you have found it
- From the drop down menu select Rename option
- While renaming you need to add ‘Old’ as an extension (for ex. My company.qbw.ND.old)
- Now open QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Stop Hosting Multi-user Access
In case you are still facing the same error, then the user can stop hosting multi user access. The steps to be followed over here are as follows:
- First select the File and then launch the QuickBooks File Menu
- Now you have to go to Utilities and then choose Stop hosting multi-user access
- After this restart QuickBooks
- Once done, click on the Programs settings and turn off the Internet Monitor feature
- In case, your computer has ESET NOD32 anti-virus application you have to give a new name to the file by adding ‘Old’ in the extension.
- Once done, now restart QuickBooks software.
Solution 6: Re-install QuickBooks software
The last method that one can opt for is to reinstall QuickBooks software and try fixing the error. This can be done by carrying out the steps below:
- First thing to do is to tap on the Start button and then go to the Control Panel option
- Now click on Uninstall a Program
- You have to now uninstall the QuickBooks application
- Now you have to select the version of QuickBooks that you want to install in your computer and then select Continue.
- Lastly tap on OK and then install the application
Read this also: How to Recover lost data with QuickBooks auto data recovery?
The above mentioned solutions will effectively fix the QuickBooks error 6010. However, if the problem is still there or you are stuck while performing any of the steps then QuickBooks error technical support team are always there for your help. You can contact us on our dedicated helpline number i.e. 1(800)-761-1787.
Our well-trained experts are available 24/7 on call or via email to assist through any QB issues or queries. Thus, feel free to call us anytime and discuss the issues with our experts and certified professionals.
Other helpful articles: