Unravel and master the best ways to resolve the QuickBooks error code 6010, 100:
QuickBooks accounting software has significantly contributed to the growth and success of hundreds of many thousands of businesses around the world. It is a primary choice for small and medium-sized businesses for its ease to use and wide range of extensive features. Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks, releases a new version every year and adds new and improved features to ensure it remains error-free. Nevertheless, there are still some issues that keep popping up on the user’s screens.
QuickBooks error code 6010 is a common error that users often face due to access to the network being denied. If your anti-virus or firewall blocks QuickBooks from connecting to the network, this error can appear on your computer’s screen. This error can also be caused while re-installing the QuickBooks Desktop software. In this article, we will explain the causes and possible troubleshooting methods to fix this error.
You will see the following error message on your desktop screen when such error occurs:
|Warning:||An error occurred. Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Reinstall QuickBooks and then try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6010, -100).|
If you have received the warning message as mentioned above, we recommend you that continue reading this article till the end. You should carry out the troubleshooting methods provided in this article ahead. Try one solution and see if the issue is fixed. Move on to the next if the error persists. Alternatively, you can also call our support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and directly speak to our QuickBooks desktop support team for quick and precise solutions to any accounting-related issues.
What is Inferred by QuickBooks Error 6010, 100?
QuickBooks error code 6010, 100, implies that QuickBooks cannot access or use the network due to firework or anti-virus settings. Another situation when this error occurs is when for some reason, QuickBooks is reinstalled. These, however, are just two of the various reasons that lead to this error. Further in this post, we will tell you the other common causes that trigger this error and solutions that have been tested by our experts.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6010, 100?
There might be various reasons that can instigate this error. Below are some of the common reasons behind the QuickBooks error 6010, -100. Going through all of these causes will help you in finding the right solutions for QuickBooks. There might be an instance wherein more than one factor could be contributing to the error. All in all, you don’t need to be worried as the subsequent sections of this article encapsulate effective remedial measures to get this error code ousted from your system. The list of causes behind the error include:
- If the .ND files get disconnected from the files that end with .QBW and TLG, the error code 6010 may show up. The .ND files are the Network files that are deemed essential for the seamless functioning of QuickBooks. Any technical intricacy in this file can provoke such error.
- Firewall or antivirus programs may not be allowing QuickBooks desktop to access the network.
- The system’s framework may be requiring cleaning. Excessive accumulation of junk in your PC can also propel the QuickBooks Error code 6010.
- The QuickBooks-related registry files are removed by any registry-optimizing applications in the system. The same might also be corrupted for some other reasons.
- The user is not able to access QuickBooks as some blockage is caused due to the anti-virus programs like the ESET NOD32.
- When some 3rd party app downloaded on Windows erases the important registry files, it directly results in the Error 6010.
- Installation of QuickBooks software might have been changed or damaged. This may be due to a faulty installation of the QuickBooks software.
Having gone through these causes, it’s now time that we jump to the next section, wherein we shall brief you about the various signs and symptoms associated with the error.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6010
Below are enlisted the basic signs and symptoms behind the error. These signs give clear indications of the such error.
- One of the major signs can be a message displaying the issue on the screen itself.
- If you aren’t able to access the company file, it may be a direct sign of the error 6010.
- Or if the company file is operational in the host system, it may also be an indication of the such issue.
Rectification of QuickBooks Error Code 6010 100
To resolve QuickBooks error code 6010 follow the below-given solution methods. If any method is not working for you then you need to skip it and try the next method. Also, try to implement the steps carefully, without missing out on any step.
Solution 1: Repair the Company File
The very first method is to repair the company file. Many times, if the company file is corrupted or damaged, you might face such an error. You can repair the company file by carrying out the steps below:
- At first, you need to open the folder that stores the company file.
- After that, look for the file which has the .QBW extension.
- After that, you should select the Copy option by right-clicking on it.
- The next step involves you to hit a click on the Paste option and then press the Ctrl key in order to open the QuickBooks application.
- After this, you will come across the option No Company Open.
- The next step requires you to hit a click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Finally, launch the company file and check if still the error is there or not.
Solution 2: Terminate the Processes and designate QuickBooks to Single User Mode
Another solution is to close the processes and then set the QuickBooks Desktop software to single-user mode. The steps involved in this procedure are as follows:
- To start with, use the Administrator credentials and log into the PC.
- Now, press the Ctrl + Shift +Esc keys and launch Task Manager.
- Choose the Users option.
- Highlight all QuickBooks-related processes like qbupdate.exe, EXE, and QBDBM.exe.
- After choosing each of the processes, hit a click on End Task in multi-user mode.
- To check if the QuickBooks error 6010 has been resolved or not, launch the company file. If the error still perpetuates, you should make a jump to the next solution.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 179?
Solution 3: Take the Aid of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There may be a scenario wherein the troubleshooting solutions enumerated above fail to resolve the error code 6010. If that is the case, then you need to use the QuickBooks database server manager. This utility would resolve the error extent. Follow the easy-to-implement step given below:
- At the start, you are required to Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and save it to your computer in a convenient folder.
- Thereafter, you should find out the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolsHub.exe and double-click it to initiate the setup process.
- Next, hit a click to Allow this app to make changes on your PC.
- Now, click on the Next option to install this tool on your system.
- Follow the previous step by tapping on the Next tab to Accept the license agreement and click on Install.
Note: This will take a few seconds to install on your computer system. Once the procedure concludes, you need to hit on the Finish button to culminate the installation.
- Once the QuickBooks Tools Hub is successfully set up on your computer system, tap on its Desktop Icon to launch it.
- Now on the tools hub, go to the network issues and hit on the QuickBooks database server manager option to get access to the QuickBooks database Server Manager.
- Scan the Company file location and then click on the Scan Folders tab.
- Next, browse and choose the Folder and files that store your company file (.QBW)
- Hit on OK and then click on the Start Scan option.
- Once all the steps are successfully implemented, you can now log into your company files.
Solution 4: Assign some new name to the .ND extension
You should provide a new name to the .ND extension, which can be a great solution to this error. The steps to be followed for this are as follows:
- You now need to open the Company file which has the .ND extension.
- Also, make sure to access the company file where the error code is occurring.
- Right-click on the file, once you have found it.
- From the drop-down menu that shows up after right-clicking, select the Rename option.
- While renaming, you need to add ‘Old’ as an extension (for ex. My company.qbw.ND.old).
- Now, open QuickBooks desktop and check if the QuickBooks error code 6010 vanished.
Solution 5: Hosting of Multi-User Access should be stopped
In case you are still being hindered by the QuickBooks error code 6010, then it is recommended that you stop hosting multi-user access. The steps to be followed over here are as follows. Make sure to perform these steps in the same order.
- First of all, open your QuickBooks software and select the File.
- Now, you have to proceed to Utilities and then choose to Stop hosting multi-user access.
- After this step, you should restart QuickBooks.
- Once done with the previous step, click on the Programs settings and turn off the Internet Monitor feature.
- In case, your computer has an ESET NOD32 anti-virus application, you have to give a new name to the file by adding ‘.Old’ in the extension.
- Once done, now restart the QuickBooks program. The error should be rectified. If it is still standing its ground, proceed to the subsequent solution.
Solution 6: Re-install QuickBooks software
The last method that one can opt for is to reinstall QuickBooks software and then check if the error got fixed. This process, also called as clean installation of the QuickBooks software can be performed by carrying out the steps below:
- The first thing to do is to tap on the Start button and then visit the Control Panel.
- Once the Control Panel opens up, click on Uninstall a Program.
- You have to now Uninstall the QuickBooks application. For this, choose QuickBooks from the list of programs and then hit on Uninstall.
- Now, you have to select the Version of QuickBooks that you want to install on your computer and then hit on the Continue button.
- Lastly, tap on the OK button and then install the QuickBooks application using the License and product keys available at the time of purchasing the software.
Solution 7: Backup your QuickBooks Company File
This is the last resort that you can conform to in order to eradicate the QuickBooks error code 6010 from your system. Follow the guidelines below to backup your workable backup of the company file:
- To start with, Keep pressing the Ctrl key till the No Company Window shows on your Desktop.
- After doing that, click on Open or restore an existing company.
- Now, tap on the Restore a backup copy option.
- The culminating step requires you to hit on Next tab.
- Once your company file is retracted, access it and then see if the such error got fixed.
Read this also: Methods to Recover QuickBooks Update Error Code 15104
Concluding! Need our Support? We are just a call away.
This article is articulated after consulting our certified experts. We hope you find it helpful in removing the QuickBooks error code 6010. If the problem persists, or you have any other issues with your QuickBooks software, please contact our QuickBooks error technical support number, i.e. 1(800)-761-1787, and one of our well-trained and certified experts will assist you.
To aid you regarding your queries or accounting problems, our experts are available 24 hours a day. you can reach us out via email, the Live chat option, or over the helpline number.
Other helpful articles: