When it comes to accounting software, QuickBooks is only name that strikes everyone instantly. But everything has its positive and negative aspects, and one such negative of QuickBooks is that it is prone to certain errors. One such error that we will talk about today is the payroll errors which includes:
“The file you specified cannot be opened” It must not be already in use by another program or a read-only file
“The Windows Error was The File Exists.”
These error messages pop-up on the screen in a variety of circumstances. While downloading payroll, paying scheduled liabilities and also while opening a federal or state form, you can stumble upon this sort of error. If you have encountered these errors or any of them, then don’t worry, as we are here to help you to get the payroll back on track. This article will brief you with the various aspects associated with this error, along with the fixation steps for the same.
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077 or PS032?
What are these payroll errors?
Talking about the payroll errors: “The file you specified cannot be opened” and “The file exists”, they can be faced while working on various accounting features like paying scheduled liabilities, opening a state/federal form, and also at the time of downloading the payroll update. You could see the error messages like “The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or read-only file.” Also, you could face an error message stating “The windows error was the file exists”. There can be a bunch of factors causing the payroll errors, which we will be discussing in this post later on.
Causes of payroll errors: “The file you specified cannot be opened” and “The file exists”
These payroll errors can be seen due to a couple of factors, out of which the most common ones are listed below:
- This error can be caused due to inactive internet connection.
- Improper and outdated firewall.
- Misconfigured internet security settings.
- Any outdated QuickBooks desktop application file.
- You might end up in the error if the QuickBooks is being interrupted by windows user account control.
- If you are not having admin rights.
- And the installation of the software is not done properly.
Fixation methods for payroll errors: “The file you specified cannot be opened” and “The file exists”
There are a couple of steps that you can opt for in order to fix the QuickBooks payroll errors. We will be exploring each of the methods that can be implemented one by one, so let us have a look:
Solution 1: Updating Windows permission
- You can update the windows permissions by opening the windows start menu.
- And then typing in file explorer and open the same from the search bar.
- Next, spot the QuickBooks program file. It should look like this:
|Processor Type||File Path for QBW32.EXE|
|32-bit||C:\program files\intuit\quickbooks (year)|
|64-bit||C:\program files x86\intuit\quickbooks (year)|
- After this, hit a right click on the QuickBooks program file and then click on properties tab.
- Once done with that, you need to opt for security and edit options.
- Followed by, selecting add and in the windows type everyone and hit OK button.
- Now choose the checkbox for full control and then click on OK tab.
- Also, choose add again and type in users in the windows type, and then select OK button.
- Now, choose the check box full control in the security window and hit OK tab.
- To end the process, select apply and then choose Ok to close the settings.
Solution 2: Running as system admin
- Firstly open the Windows start menu.
- After that type in QuickBooks.
- And look for the results listed in the search window.
- After that hit a right click on the QuickBooks version and year you want to open.
- Now, choose the run as admin option.
- Followed by running the payroll updates.
- The last step is to close QuickBooks and open it normally.
Solution 3: Using the QuickBooks file doctor
- When asked to select the desktop as the default app location.
- And then run once the download process ends.
- After the QuickBooks file doctor runs, you will be prompted to select the error causing file, which will further lead to two options. You need to opt for the one that suits the situation.
Read it also: Troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks Error 6000, 308
Solution 4: Reinstalling QuickBooks desktop
- First of all, Press the Windows + R keys and open the run tab.
- After that, the box with the text appwiz.cpl will appear.
- And then, hit a click on QuickBooks twice and click on uninstall.
- Now you are required to download a clean install tool.
- And then use it for installing QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 5: Re-register QuickBooks .DLL and .OCX file using reboot.bat file
- Firstly, exit from QuickBooks initially.
- And then right click the QB icon and also select properties.
- Open file location and then look for the reboot.bat file.
- And then right click the reboot.bat file and select run as admin.
- Now wait for few minutes until the black color command prompt scrolls all the files.
- Finally, reboot windows and then check if the error persists.
Solution 6: Turning off user account control in windows
- You need to first press Windows + R keys.
- And then, type control panel.
- And spot the user accounts from the search bar.
- Now hit a click on change user account control settings.
- Also, click yes and then move the slider down to never notify and then turn off UAC.
- Last steps is to reboot the system and then update the QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 7: Checking for QuickBooks updates
- The very first step is to open QuickBooks desktop and then click on product information option.
- Also, select the correct QuickBooks version.
- And then, click on get the latest updates.
- Followed by making a folder and save the file.
- The next step is to double click the installation file so that the update process begins.
- And to end the process, reboot the system.
Solution 8: Fixing the file exists error while printing forms issue
- In this process, open desktop and press Windows + R keys and hit Enter key.
- The next step is to select the devices and printers option.
- Hit a right click on the device and select remove on the printer facing the issue.
- Now exit QuickBooks and open task manager or use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys.
- After that locate the QBW32.exe process and right click the same.
- To end the process, click on yes.
- Moving ahead, navigate to the C drive > Program data > Intuit > QuickBooks.
- Lastly, find and delete the find named QBPRINT.qbp. And reboot the system.
Solution 9: Basic troubleshooting steps
- At first, check if the file is open on the other server.
- After that check if the QuickBooks file is damaged.
- The next step is to scan the system with the help of virus and threat protecting on the antivirus software.
- Followed by checking if the you are using the admin account.
- Lastly, check if the QuickBooks and the windows are updated and installed properly.
Technical assistance 24X7
Carry out the above stated methods and try getting rid of these payroll errors: “The file you specified cannot be opened” and “The file exists”. However, if you ever feel the need of talking advice from our QuickBooks payroll support team, then you can connect with us through helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787. Giving us a call will relieve you from all kind of stress related to QuickBooks. Help is available 24X7X365.