Get attuned to the updated procedures to fix QuickBooks Error 15218:
QuickBooks accounting program has recently been suffering from a myriad of technical issues. These issues generally show up in the form of distinct error codes and have variegated origins. Lately, several error codes have been encountered while downloading or setting up the updates for QuickBooks Desktop. One such error is Payroll Update Error 15218. This error is typically caused as a result of a misconfiguration of the internet settings. A damaged network (.ND) file can also be a cause of this error. Within the purview of this article, we shall discuss the various causes and methods to fix QuickBooks update error 15218.
Considering the sophisticated framework of the QuickBooks Desktop program, technical issues like Error 15218 in this accounting program are common. If you need expert guidance in resolving the error, you may call us at our dedicated helpline 1-800-761-1787.
Principle Causes leading to QuickBooks Error 15218
Given below are the major instigators of this error code in QuickBooks. It is recommended to take a rudimentary overview of these causes so as to get an idea of the appropriate troubleshooting solution to opt for. The various causes include:
- Misconfigurations in the Internet settings may lead to QuickBooks payroll error 15218.
- The Network (.ND) file might be damaged.
- Internet Explorer may be outdated.
- The firewall may be blocking QuickBooks processes.
You can read also: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
Updated Procedures to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15218
By now, you should be well versed in various causes leading to QuickBooks payroll update error 15218. It is now time to go through the various troubleshooting procedures to fix such issue.
Procedure 1: Updating QuickBooks (in the safe mode)
By updating QuickBooks in safe mode, you can not only ensure a seamless update process but also safeguard the process against vicious technical issues caused due to the conflicting programs running in the background. The steps to update QuickBooks are as follows:
- To initiate the process, you need to first restart the PC and keep hitting the F8 key to reveal the Advanced Boot Options.
- Choose safe mode with networking option.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Soon after, hit on the Help tab and then click on the option to Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Subsequently, hit on Update Now.
- Finally, pick the Get Updates option to initiate the process of downloading the updates.
- Sit back and wait for the updates to get downloaded.
- When finished, hit on Close.
Procedure 2: Installing the latest digital signature certificate
Error code 15218 may also creep into QuickBooks due to an outdated digital signature certificate. As such, it is pertinent that you install the latest Certificate, the steps for which are given as under:
- The first step requires you to proceed to Drive:/Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks/QBW32.exe.
- Herein, right-click the QuickBooks executable file to pick the Properties option.
- Subsequently, hit on the Digital Signature tab.
- Herein, choose Intuit Inc.
- Afterward, hit on Details.
- Advance to the Digital Signature Details, and then click on the option to View Certificate.
- Now choose the option to Install Certificate in the Certificate Section.
- Soon after, hit on Next.
- Click on Finish to culminate the process.
Read it also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6210 0?
Procedure 3: Add Intuit URL as a Trusted Website
It is recommended to incorporate intuit in the list of trusted websites in internet explorer. This may potentially fix QuickBooks Error 15218. The steps given below will help you.
- In the inception, hit the Windows and R keys to bring up the Run command.
- Type “iexplore” and hit Ok to open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Internet Options.
- After that, click on the Security tab.
- The next step requires hitting on the Trusted Sites option.
- Herein, type https://www.intuit.com/ (if you’re in the US) or https://www.intuit.ca/ (if you’re in Canada). (If you’re using the Canadian version) and click on the Add option.
- At this stage, you need to ensure that the option to Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone is checked.
- Hit on Close.
- Culminate the process by hitting on Ok.
Procedure 4: Disabling Firewall temporarily
As already mentioned in the “principle causes leading to QuickBooks Error 15218”, a firewall can also block certain functionalities of the QuickBooks Desktop program. As such, it is recommended to disable the firewall temporarily, the steps for which are given as under:
- Hit on the Start menu and then type “Firewall.”
- You then need to click on Windows firewall.
- You then need to turn off the Microsoft Defender Firewall with network types.
Procedure 5: Clean installing QuickBooks
If the above procedure fails to fix QuickBooks Error 15218, just go for a clean install. This process encompasses uninstallation of QuickBooks, renaming the QuickBooks folder, and finally, reinstalling QuickBooks on your system. It can be done in two ways:
- Manual procedure (through the Control Panel).
- Using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Steps to Clean install QuickBooks manually
The manual procedure is as follows:
- Open the control panel and then advance to programs and features.
- Pick QuickBooks and click on the Uninstall/change tab.
- Proceed with the uninstallation.
- When you are done, head to the QuickBooks folder and rename it to prevent its reuse upon reinstalling QuickBooks.
- After renaming the QuickBooks folder, install QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Use your original license and product keys for registration and activation.
Time to Wind Up!
With that, it is time to end the discussion. At this stage, we hope that you should be able to fix QuickBooks Error code 15218. If any technical issue still bothers you, just connect with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors at 1-800-761-1787.
Other topics you may find helpful: