Learn how to Sync the QuickBooks desktop files between two computers:
Syncing data between devices permits the user to increase the productivity and also enhance the flexibility in accessing the data. When it comes to syncing the QuickBooks files between two computers, majority of the users are unsure about the process to do so. In case you try to sync the data without complete information, then you might face issues. Thus, considering this fact, we have tried to summarize the entire information of syncing QuickBooks files between two computers in this article. Thus, if you are interested in knowing then make sure to continue reading the post.
We have an alternate for you, which is to get in touch with our technical support team and ask them to carry out the process on your behalf. Our U.S based certified accounting professionals will ensure to complete the process without any kind of mess.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Balance Sheet Out of Balance Issue?
Before beginning with the process, the user needs to ensure that there is a correct installation option for each system. It is also important for the user to check for both the systems connected on the same network. Another option available for the user is to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on both the systems and then use QuickBooks on both computers with the right options.
When the user re-installs, the configuration gets completed on both desktop then the primary desktop will store the company file and also will allow you to sync the data to other systems on the network.
The user can also opt for the data transfer utility, which is known as a third-party commercial utility, if it contains two separate company files that need to be merged. Once you are done with these fact checks, it is the right time to jump on to the process to sync QuickBooks files between two computers.
Process to Sync QuickBooks Files Between Two Computers
So, now that you are aware with all the above facts and information, it is the right time to begin with the process to sync QuickBooks files between two systems. The steps to be followed are:
- To begin with, the user needs to install and download data transfer utility provided by Intuit. Marketplace on the primary system that hosts the company file.
- The user is then required to paste the company file to the primary system from a secondary system. The user can also save the company file to disk or can also transfer it to the source computer over the network.
- The next step is to start QuickBooks on the primary computer. For which the user needs to select the file and open a company file from the secondary computer and also select the open company option.
- Now, in the data transfer utility. The user needs to select open source company tab in the export data from the source company.
- Also, select yes and permit access even if QB is not running. The user needs to also look for the option to permit the application to access personal data. After which, the user needs to click on continue, yes, and done in QuickBooks.
- Moving ahead, the user will have to select the close tab in the currented connected to tab, which will be there in the data transfer utility.
- Followed by checking the file menu and also selecting close company option in QuickBooks.
- The next step is to click on the file option and then click on open or restore company. Along with that select open a company in QB.
- Now, the user is supposed to select open destination company of disk transfer utility from the import data into destination company.
- And then, select yes, always permit access even if QB is not running and also permit the application to access the personal data. The user is also supposed to click on continue, yes, and done respectively.
- Moving forward, the user needs to opt for the close tab for currently connected to field in the data transfer utility.
- Followed by selecting the file menu and also selecting close company in QuickBooks.
- The next step is to select type of data and change tabs respectively from data transfer utility. Along with that select an option that presents the information you wish to import to the destination file.
- The last step is to navigate to the import data into destination, in the data transfer utility and also select the import data tab.
This would probably sync the files between two computers successfully.
Steps to share the desktop version between two computers
It should be noted that the database file manager permits the software to interact with the QuickBooks desktop company file. The user needs to use this supported mode for setting the file, which means the recommended multi-user set is the company file stored on the host file. Below are the steps to turn on host. The user should ensure that he/she is using a server to host the file, which will not need the user to turn on hosting for workstations. Turning on hosting is only applicable to the host systems. Now, let us check out the steps involved:
- For this, the user needs to first navigate to the file menu and also select the utilities tab
- Followed by selecting the host multi-user access
- Moving ahead, the user needs to select yes to confirm
And also, follow the steps below:
- Initially, the user needs to navigate to the server system, which is the computer that stores the company file.
- After that, at the server system, the user needs to navigate to the start menu and also search for the database server manager.
- Now, select the QuickBooks database server manager from the resulting drop-down menu.
- Followed by, clicking on browse and browsing the folder where the company files are to be saved, in case the folder locations aren’t displayed in the previous step. Also, hit OK after that.
- The next step is to select the Start Scan option, which will repair all the firewall permissions to enable QB to communicate over the network.
- The last step is to close and try to open QB in multi-user mode on your workstations.
See Also: How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks?
The process to sync QuickBooks files between two computers become easy with the steps we have mentioned above. However, there can be a situation, wherein you might face issues in carrying out the process, then in such a scenario, do not hesitate in calling our QuickBooks enterprise support team at any point of time.
Ring up at our dedicated helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss your query with our U.S based certified accounting professionals and experts. Our team will be happy to help you.