Learn how to Sync the QuickBooks desktop files between two computers:
Syncing data between devices permits you to increase the productivity and also enhance the flexibility in accessing the data. When it comes to syncing the QuickBooks files between two computers, majority of the users are unsure about the process to do so. In case you try to sync the data without complete information, then you might face issues. Thus, considering this fact, we have tried to summarize the entire information of syncing QuickBooks files between two computers in this article. Thus, if you are interested in knowing then make sure to continue reading the post.
We have an alternate for you, which is to get in touch with our technical support team and ask them to carry out the process on your behalf. Our U.S based certified accounting professionals will ensure to complete the process without any kind of mess.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Balance Sheet Out of Balance Issue?
Before beginning with the process, you need to ensure that there is a correct installation option for each system. It is also important for you to check for both the systems connected on the same network. Another option available for you is to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on both the systems and then use QuickBooks on both computers with the right options.
When you re-install, the configuration gets completed on both desktop then the primary desktop will store the company file and also will allow you to sync the data to other systems on the network.
You can also opt for the data transfer utility, which is known as a third-party commercial utility, if it contains two separate company files that need to be merged. Once you are done with these fact checks, it is the right time to jump on to the process to sync QuickBooks files between two computers.
Process to Sync QuickBooks Files Between Two Computers
So, now that you are aware with all the above facts and information, it is the right time to begin with the process to sync QuickBooks files between two systems. The steps to be followed are:
- To begin with, you need to install and download data transfer utility provided by Intuit. Marketplace on the primary system that hosts the company file.
- You are then required to paste the company file to the primary system from a secondary system. And can also save the company file to disk or can also transfer it to the source computer over the network.
- Start QuickBooks on the primary computer. For which you need to select the file and open a company file from the secondary computer and also select the open company option.
- Now, in the data transfer utility. You will have to select open source company tab in the export data from the source company.
- Pick yes and permit access even if QB is not running. You need to also look for the option to permit the application to access personal data. After which, click on continue, yes, and done in QuickBooks.
- You will have to select the close tab in the currented connected to tab, which will be there in the data transfer utility.
- Followed by checking the file menu and also selecting close company option in QuickBooks.
- Click on the file option and then click on open or restore company. Along with that select open a company in QB.
- Now you are supposed to select open destination company of disk transfer utility from the import data into destination company.
- Select yes, always permit access even if QB is not running and also permit the application to access the personal data. Further, click on continue, yes, and done respectively.
- Go for the close tab for currently connected to field in the data transfer utility.
- Followed by selecting the file menu and also selecting close company in QuickBooks.
- Select type of data and change tabs respectively from data transfer utility. Along with that select an option that presents the information you wish to import to the destination file.
- Last but not the least, navigate to the import data into destination, in the data transfer utility and also select the import data tab.
This would probably sync the files between two computers successfully.
Steps to share the desktop version between two computers
It should be noted that the database file manager permits the software to interact with the QuickBooks desktop company file. You need to use this supported mode for setting the file, which means the recommended multi-user set is the company file stored on the host file. Below are the steps to turn on host. You should ensure that you are using a server to host the file, which you will not need to turn on hosting for workstations. Turning on hosting is only applicable to the host systems. Now, let us check out the steps involved:
- For this, you need to first navigate to the file menu and also select the utilities tab.
- Followed by selecting the host multi-user access.
- You need to select yes to confirm.
And also, follow the steps below:
- Initially, navigate to the server system, which is the computer that stores the company file.
- At the server system, you need to navigate to the start menu and also search for the database server manager.
- Now select the QuickBooks database server manager from the resulting drop-down menu.
- Followed by, clicking on browse and browsing the folder where the company files are to be saved, in case the folder locations aren’t displayed in the previous step. Also, hit OK after that.
- Select the Start Scan option, which will repair all the firewall permissions to enable QB to communicate over the network.
- Close and try to open QB in multi-user mode on your workstations.
Database server setup for synchronization
You are suggested to store the company file or network sharing on the primary computer. Or select the option to use QuickBooks but not store the company’s file on the secondary computer and install QuickBooks. Perform the below steps after the completion of above steps:
- Head to the scan folders tab, add folders, and scan, so as to scan the primary computer for the QuickBooks company file. Click on close once your verified company file has been found.
- Click on the company menu.
- Move to the set up users and password and click on set up users tab within QuickBooks on primary system.
- Click on the given tab of add user in the system display and then assign QuickBooks username and password.
- Select the access options for secondary computer and hit next tab.
- Choose the changing or deleting transaction permissions.
- Move to the next and finish tab.
- Now hit a click on open or restore company and click on open a company in QuickBooks on the secondary system.
- Look for the location on the network where the primary company file is stored.
- Select the file, then login with the username or password created on the primary system.
See Also: How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks?
The process to sync QuickBooks files between two computers become easy with the steps we have mentioned above. However, there can be a situation, wherein you might face issues in carrying out the process, then in such a scenario, do not hesitate in calling our QuickBooks enterprise support team at any point of time.
Ring up at our dedicated helpline number i.e. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss your query with our U.S based certified accounting professionals and experts. Our team will be happy to help you.