QuickBooks Desktop has ushered in an unprecedented wave of revolution in the accounting and bookkeeping sectors. It has propelled evolving businesses of all kinds, be it small or medium-sized enterprises. However, with time, QuickBooks users have been witnessing a spate of diversified error codes and technical issues with the software. An accolade of the QuickBooks software is that it integrates easily with different emails, including Gmail. However, lately, users have been encountering a peculiar issue pertaining to reauthorize QuickBooks Desktop to keep using Gmail.
Google often keeps rolling out with new updates and amends its policies occasionally. Lately, it has revised its privacy statement. By November 11, 2019, any software that makes use of the Google data must be authorized to ensure that it complies with Google’s policy. You’ll notice a message stating that “The app is not verified if it isn’t reauthorized” or “Webmail Authorization – The default browser doesn’t seems to support the webmail authorization”.
In this article, we shall throw light on the easy yet effective steps to resolve the error in the most convenient manner. So, make sure that you stay glued to this lucid article charted by our experts and perform each step in the same given sequence.
Although the procedure should be easy to implement for the majority of QuickBooks users, some might find it slightly technically intricate to perform. In that scenario, don’t hesitate to call the QuickBooks expert team and let them perform the steps to make your life easier. Our team comprises US-based experts having years of experience in the accounting field, having successfully resolved innumerable technical issues in QuickBooks. The subsequent section shall apprise you of easy steps to follow to get your QuickBooks Desktop software authorized.
You may like also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code H202?
Easy Steps to Troubleshooting Webmail Authorization Error in QuickBooks Desktop
If you’ve set up Gmail for utilizing enhanced security, you’ll be prompted for authorization while submitting a transaction or report from the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Solution 1: Set your email preferences
You need to follow the brief procedure listed below to successfully accomplish the authorization of QuickBooks for Gmail. Make sure not to skip any step.
- You are initially required to choose Email from a report or some open transaction in QuickBooks.
- Afterward, choose the Send option. Soon after hitting on the option, you might be asked to enter your Intuit login information.
- In the Webmail Authorization window that appears, hit on Continue.
- Subsequently, hit on the Allow tab.
- None of the Google default permissions need to be unchecked.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks desktop to the latest version
- Initially, you should hit on the Help tab at the top menu bar of QuickBooks software.
- After that tap on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- The next step is to tap on the Update Now tab.
- Next, choose the Reset Update option and then hit a click on Get Updates. This will begin the download process.
- Once you are done, hit a click on OK and then restart QuickBooks desktop.
- If prompted, choose the Yes option to install the latest release.
After you have updated the software, open QuickBooks Desktop and navigate to the Web Mail Preferences. Now verify your email settings. Follow these steps:
- At first, you need to choose the Preferences option from the QuickBooks Edit Menu.
- After that hit on the Send forms option from the left pane.
- Next, navigate to the My Preferences and then choose the Email account you are using, and then hit a click on Edit.
- Lastly, go to the Edit Email Information screen and choose the SMTP Server Details section. Here you can set the Port and Server name for your email provider settings.
Facing issues while verifying the email settings?
If you encounter any issue while verifying your email settings, you need to make sure your default web browser is Internet Explorer. To make sure that is the case, follow the directions below:
- At the start, launch the Internet Explorer browser from the Start menu.
- Once open, tap on the Alt + T keys simultaneously to access the Tools menu. You can alternatively access the Tools menu by hitting on the Gear icon.
- Now, choose Internet Options.
- Subsequently, opt for the Restore Advanced Settings option under the Advanced tab.
- Hit on OK and afterward, shut off the browser.
Solution 3: Change the current Gmail account to use the secure webmail
Just in case the above-mentioned solutions don’t work out in your favor, is advisable to alter your current Gmail account and use the other account for using the secure Gmail. The procedure is quite easy, and requires your implementation of the following steps:
- Initially, it is crucial that you make sure that your Google account’s 2-step verification has been turned on.
- Once that is done, run the QuickBooks software and hit on the Edit option.
- Follow it up by moving to Preferences.
- Subsequently, opt for the Send Forms option.
- Within this option, choose WebMail.
- Afterward, hit on the Edit option next to your Gmail User Id.
- You are now required to pick the Enhanced security option.
- Hit on OK afterward.
- To conclude the procedure, Login into your Intuit account.
- A page for signing into your Gmail account will appear on your screen. Log in using your credentials and provide access to Intuit.
What to do if your browser isn’t compatible with the Enhanced security feature?
There might be an instance wherein the default browser enabled on your system is incompatible with the enhanced security feature. In that case, it is advised that you change your default browser (Note that QuickBooks Desktop software uses Internet Explorer as the default web browser). The steps to follow in such a case are as follows:
- Initially, tap on the Win + R button. You can see the Run window on your screen.
- Thereafter, type in ‘% AppData%’ and hit the Enter key.
- Opt for the View tab and then tick mark the box for Hidden Items.
- After that, follow the lead to the Start Menu and choose Programs. Afterward, jump into Windows Accessories.
- Now, tap on the Google Chrome shortcut on the desktop and hit the Ctrl + C keys.
- After that, paste the shortcut (Ctrl+V) into the folder for Windows Accessories.
- Now, Right-click Internet Explorer, and then choose Rename.
- Alter the name to Internet Explorer_old.
- Once finished, make an exit from the QuickBooks Desktop and launch it again.
- Now, follow the actions outlined in Solution 3 illustrated above, and see if the problem got resolved.
Read Also: How to fix QuickBooks error code C=43?
Winding Up with a concise summary!
That’s it! A mere cakewalk!
We hope that the brief yet indispensable knowledge contained in this article familiarized you with How to Reauthorize QuickBooks Desktop to fix Webmail authorization issue in QuickBooks desktop. If you meet any technical difficulty while performing the steps, feel free to contact our QuickBooks desktop support Team via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.
We comprise professionals having profound expertise in the field. Having catered to clients across the globe, we know how to fix the issues and errors encountered while using the QuickBooks software. Our experts are available 24/7 for assistance.
Other helpful posts: