QuickBooks accounting software is claimed to be one of the finest accounting software across the globe. It has been preferred by entrepreneurs, in order to smoothly carry out the accounting and bookkeeping activities. There are certain situations when the user encounter various errors due to technical snags. One such commonly reported error is QuickBooks error code 6000, 308, which is one from the 6000 series errors. This error indicates that the system having software is not updated to the latest version. Also, as a consequence of the error ode 6000, 308, the user will not be able to open the company file successfully. There can be multiple factors that might end up in this error, which we will be discussing later in this post.
Many QuickBooks users find it difficult to tackle this error, considering this we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing the causes and quick fixes to the QuickBooks error code 6000, 308. If you are also looking for the ways to get rid of this annoying error code, then make sure to read the article till the end. Moreover, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks error support team. Contacting our U.S based experts and certified accounting professionals will help the users to get rid of the error without any further hassle.
Factors causing QuickBooks error 6000, 308
- Any sort of security software or firewall program blocking the QuickBooks documents
- Missing company files or essential documents
- The user can also encounter this error, if the user tries to change over the company files from an older version over a system
- Error code 6000, 308 can also be see if there are not enough permissions for the system server, windows client, or QBDataServiceUserXX
- Any kind of malware or virus in the company file can also end up in this error.
Simple steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6000, 308
After you have learnt the causes and other facts related to QuickBooks error code 6000, 308, the user can simply carry out the steps listed below:
Step 1: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
The very first thing is to update the QuickBooks program from time to time, in order to avoid various other errors. In case the updates are avoided and the software is not updated on a regular basis, then in that case, the probability to encounter the error in future increases.
Step 2: Download and run QuickBooks file doctor tool
The QuickBooks file doctor tool can be either downloaded directly from the official Intuit website, or the user can use it by downloading the QuickBooks tool hub. The steps involved in the process of downloading the file doctor tool directly are as follows:
- Firstly, download the tool from the official website
- And then run the QBFD.exe file
- The next step is to ensure that .NET framework is present on the system, if not then the QuickBooks file doctor setup with download it on its own.
- And then carry out the on-screen prompts to install the software
- Once the tool is installed, open the icon from the desktop and then run it to resolve the bug
- The tool will automatically diagnose and fix the error.
Step 3: Changing the name of .ND and .TLG files
The user can change the name of .ND and .TLG files to fix the QuickBooks error code 6000, 308. The .ND and .TLG files are part of QuickBooks files. They are the configuration files that permit the users to access the company file in a network or multi-user environment. In case these files are corrupted or damaged, the user will encounter issues in opening the company file. These files are re-created on its own, when the user re-scans with the help of QuickBooks database server manager and also when the user opens the company file. The steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The initial step is to open the folder that have the company file
- And then, the user will have to spot the files with the same file name with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- The next step is to right click each of the file and then click on rename. The user is supposed to add word OLD at the end of the file name.
- And then open the QuickBooks software and then try to sign in the company file.
- Following the above steps can help in fixing the error.
Step 4: Try to open the company file and save it on your system
After you are done with the above steps, then open the file and save it in the system having QuickBooks installed. Hopefully, this will resolve the error completely and permanently. For this, the user needs to follow the steps below:
- The first step is to right-click on the desktop screen and then move to the new folder
- After that, move to the current company file location
- Followed by right clicking the company file and also choose copy tab
- The next step is to open the new folder and right click and choose paste tab
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to press and hold the Ctrl key and continue pressing Ctrl key till no company open window is on the screen.
- The user is then required to click on the open or restore an existing company
- And then, select open a company file and hit next
- Followed by, moving to the desktop file that was copied in a new folder
- After that click on open tab
- And in case the file is still unable to open, then the user can proceed to further steps.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 557?
Step 5: Opening a sample company file
The user can do a testing if the issue is possibly lies with the company file or the QuickBooks application, by opening a sample company file. In case a sample company file doesn’t open and instead returns an error, it is an indication that the QuickBooks installation is damaged and should be repaired.
- In the no company open window, the user needs to select open a sample file and then select any from the list of sample company files
- Also, in case the sample file opens, then there is an issue with the company file itself. In case the sample file returns the message, then the user needs to repair the QuickBooks installation files.
Step 6: Download and run QuickBooks database server manager
- At first, the user needs to download QuickBooks tool hub and move to the downloads
- After that, under the downloads, click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- The next step is to click on yes to allow this app to make changes
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to click on next to install it and also click on yes again to accept the license agreement
- Now, click on next and then install
- After that click on finish when the installation finishes
- The user is then required to open QuickBooks tool hub
- And also, under the network issues tab click on QuickBooks database server manager
Scanning the company file location
- For this, the user needs to head over to the scan folders tab
- And also, click on browse and choose the folder storing the company file
- Lastly, click on ok tab and also click on start scan option
Step 7: Remove spaced after the company name and before the company file extension
- At first, the user needs to sign out of QuickBooks desktop from each device
- And then, open o the folder wherein the company file is kept
- The next step is to right click on the company file and choose rename
- Followed by selecting the name of the file, and then check and remove any spaces between the file extension and the name of the company
- The last step is to open or make a company file
Related article: Troubleshooting of QuickBooks error code 6150
So, with this we come to the end of this post, where we hope that the information we have shared in above, might help in getting rid of QuickBooks error 6000, 308. If by any chance the error persists, then feel free to call us at our dedicated helpline number. 1-800-761-1787, and discuss the issue with our experts. Our enterprise experts and certified accounting professionals will be happy to fix the error for you.
Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, as we work round the clock to provide the best possible support services and assistance to all your QB problems.
Other useful links: