Mapping network drive will help you in accessing the QuickBooks files on another server, system or drive over the network. It also makes it easy for you to access QuickBooks company file from the shared storage. At times, you might come across QuickBooks not showing mapped drives problem.
In this segment, you would get all possible solutions, so as to figure out the QuickBooks not showing mapped drives issue. Make sure to scroll through the post carefully.
Important tips to remember
It should be noted that you can just guide a particular shared folder. Just in case, the client on PC 2 has shared the C: drive with the PC, then you can easily guide that particular C: drive but ensure not sub folders. Further, you would have to right click the company file folder, and just in case you are unable to discover the map network drive alternative, and then you should scroll upwards and investigate the more significant level folders for mapping choice. If you are a QuickBooks hosting user, then you would have to check with cloud admin of map drive issues and problem.
In such a scenario, the company file is available in a similar PC where you have been using QuickBooks and make a new mapping network drive. You should consider opening the record from the information document’s drive. Also, explore the appropriate document area to open the company record, where you have planned it while appointing the unused drive area.
You might see also: Steps to Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop
Steps to fix the QuickBooks not showing mapped drives problem
We have jotted down the measures that you can take, so as to fix the QuickBooks not showing mapped drives problem. Let us explore the steps one by one:
Process 1: View the mapping drives, turn on network discovery
- You need to first head to the Search bar and write the Settings and then click on it.
- Choose the Sharing tab.
- And head forward and click on Private network.
- You are then required to ensure about the choices that you have opted for from Turn on network discovery and turn on Automatic set up.
- Further, click on Save changes and hit Next tab.
Process 2: Map a network drive in Windows
- Herein, you need to locate the Windows key and press it.
- Further, a list will appear on the screen, and choose System tab.
- Head to the Menu bar and click on the Tools tab.
- Choose the Map network drive.
- A new window will pop up on the screen.
- Click on box Adjacent to drive.
- From the drop-down menu and select the Unused drive.
- You are further required to click on the Browse and then Navigate the network location.
- Track the Network location where your QuickBooks files stored.
- Another alternate for the same can be to do mapping with a Server IP address if in any case, UNC path is not working
- You need to click on Finish tab.
- You can get access to find a new driver which will become a network drive.
Windows 8 or 10
- Head to the Search bar and write on the system.
- Hit a click on THIS PC from the list of result.
- And right click on the Map a network drive.
- Select the Map network drive.
- You would have to click on box in front of the drive and select the unused drive from the available Preferences.
- Choose the Browse tab and you need to know the location where your QB file is already stored.
- Click on OK tab and Finish tab.
- And try opening QuickBooks with a newly mapped drive.
Process 3: Repairing the issue by obtaining IP and DNS address
You might go for obtain the IP address and DNS manually, due to which the outcomes in the QuickBooks do not show mapped drives. The steps involved in here are:
- You would have to first open the Settings tab and then select Change adapter option.
- And open the Network connection window.
- You are then required to enter the next tab and right click the Ethernet and select Properties form the available list.
- Further mark a click on the Networking tab.
- Click on the Internet protocol version 4. In case you found it tick marked, then uncheck and reach the box.
- Hit the Properties tab.
- From the IPV 4 properties window, select the options Obtain an IP address automatically and obtain DNS server address automatically.
- End the process by clicking on to the OK tab and you are done with the process.
Read Also: How to Setup Email in QuickBooks Desktop?
That was all that you need to know about fixing the QuickBooks mapped drives not showing issue. Get instant help and answers from our certified CPA’s, Accountants and ProAdvisors by dialing 1-800-761-1787. Our QuickBooks error support representatives are ready to help You 24/7, 365 days a year!