Bank feeds in QuickBooks is a series and if you are on to this piece of information, then we assume that you have already set up accounts for bank feeds. You can start with the download bank feeds transaction process in QuickBooks only completed the process for setting up accounts for bank feeds. Before you head with the process, ensure that you have already performed the steps to backup the QuickBooks company file. With this informational writing, we would help you in downloading the bank feed transactions in QuickBooks desktop. You can read ahead or call us for further assistance.
Important points to keep in mind
Before you head with the process, you would have to keep certain pointers in your mind, which include the following:
- You should note that you can’t download transactions into the same QuickBooks company file more than once. However, if your bank might be able to reopen the transactions on their side, then you would be able to download them again. You can also reach out to your bank In case you need any assistance.
- Also note that the web connect will only work with .qbo files. Files such as QFX, QIF Quicken files won’t work. For your convenience we have searched and found that the third-party applications available on the Intuit Marketplace can handle the QIF files.
You can read also: How to Open QBW File Without QuickBooks?
Steps to download the transactions in QuickBooks
It should be noted that the first time when you connect, the software will automatically download the maximum number of transactions that are available from your bank. It largely depends on your bank, and this can even give you up to a year of historical transactions. Most banks might only download the previous 90 days. You can perform the below steps for further assistance:
- Move to the banking menu.
- Select bank feeds center from the bank feeds option.
- You would have to pick the account that you want to connect from the bank accounts list. It is optional to edit or delete items by clicking the drop-down, in the send items to the bank section.
- Once you are ready to get the transactions, tap on the download transactions. Also, note that if you have already downloaded the transactions, and haven’t reviewed them yet, then go for the transaction list.
- Opt for the synchronize tab. in case you only want to download transactions for a specific account, pick the sync this account tab. Or you can download transactions for all your accounts at the same bank, and pick the sync all for this bank option.
- Now, enter your Pin or Password for connecting to the bank in the access to window.
- Pick the OK tab.
You would now have to match or add any new ones, as now you have downloaded the transactions. An important point to remember is that you can delete the remaining transactions. Or just delete the statement. After you have deleted the downloaded transactions, they can’t be downloaded again. And this would avoid the chance of duplicate entries.
Steps to download bank transactions using web connect in QuickBooks
It should be noted that some banks will let you set a particular date range for the downloads. Just in case your bank doesn’t provide you this option, then you can automatically get the maximum number of transactions available the first time you download. This completely depends on the bank and might range from 30, 60, 90 or even for more days. There can be two ways to import transactions using web connect.
In case you are using QuickBooks desktop
- You should head to the banking menu.
- And move to the bank feeds and pick banking center.
- Now look for your bank and tap on the download transactions. This will open a browser window to the bank’s website.
Sign into the bank’s website to download the web connect file.
In case you are outside of QuickBooks
- You will first have to open a web browser and head to the bank’s website.
- Further, sign into your bank account by practicing the normal process.
- Also, download the transactions as QuickBooks web connect .qbo file.
- It should be noted that the method for downloading QuickBooks web connect file might vary from bank to bank. Just in case you aren’t sure about how to perform the process, check for your bank’s website and look for their steps. Or reach out to the nearest branch for help.
- After you have the web connect file, carry out the steps to import it into QuickBooks desktop.
This informational piece of writing might have helped you in downloading bank feed transactions in QuickBooks desktop successfully. However, if you are still puzzled to select the right option, then you must get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks enterprise support team of technocrats to make your development choice clear. Schedule a call with our U.S based accounting personnel at our dedicated support line 1-800-761-1787.